Former USF soccer stars Yohance Marshall and Jordan Seabrook completed the 2009 adidas MLS Player Combine on Tuesday in Fort Lauderdale. Participants in the camp were separated into four teams and competed in two games per day at Lockhart Stadium over the last four days (Jan. 10-13).
The 2009 MLS SuperDraft will be held on Thursday, Jan. 15, 2009 at 11 a.m. in St. Louis, Mo.
Below is a sampling of some of the media coverage of the former Bulls during the combine:
• MLSNet.com has exclusive behind the scenes footage and an interview with Marshall.
• Dave Clark of the Sounder At Heart Blog, quotes an unnamed MLS coach as saying that, "Yohance Marshall, the central defense out of South Florida, has impressed him the most," of any player in the combine.
• Joe Mauceri of the Pro Player Pipeline writes, "Marshall made a few defensive stops; he’ll be on a MLS roster and has good defensive positioning."
• "Yohance Marshall (South Florida) isn’t polished, but has great size and speed," states Kyle McCarthy of Yahoo Sports. "Some team will take a chance on him early and hope he develops."
• Soccer by Ives thinks Marshall's tools are there and certainly showed first-round talent. He predicted Marshall to be drafted with the 10th pick in the draft.
• In another mock draft by Bigsoccer.com, Marshall is picked to go 11th to FC Dallas.