Sidebar

17
Sun, Dec
44 New Articles

Typography

JonesSTOKE boss Tony Pulis has issued a hands-off warning to clubs ready to move for striker Kenwyne Jones.

The 27-year-old was Stoke’s record £8m buy just over 12 months ago when he signed from Sunderland.

But since then the Trinidad & Tobago hitman has ­increasingly found himself on the edge of the action and has made only five Premier League starts this season.

The £10m deadline day signing of England ace Peter Crouch and the emergence of Jonathan Walters has left Jones warming the bench.

But with QPR and Wolves both believed to be ready to test the water, Potters boss ­Pulis has told them not to bother.

Jones is anxious over his future – his start in a much-changed side in the 3-0 ­defeat against Manchester City last Wednesday was his first since ­August.

But Pulis said: “We want to keep all our top players.

“Kenwyne? All the best to any club who thinks that they can get him.

“We’re going well in the league, we’re in the FA Cup and we’re still in Europe.

“We have got one or two players in the squad who ­really need to be playing regular football, so there might be a few going out.

“But the ones I am talking about are players just below that main group.

“They’re desperate and have been banging on my door, so we’ll do our best to get them some games.

“As for our top players, there will always be ­speculation. You just have to deal with it.”

Meanwhile, Pulis doesn’t expect to be busy in the transfer window, saying: “We’ve got a decent squad now so any ­business would have to be right for this football club.”