(But it seems TT does not qualify as being a developing country)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified undergraduate students are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2009/10. The OFID Scholarship will be awarded to support an undergraduate student from any developing country, to pursue higher education in a relevant field of development, in any recognized university/college in the world. Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of advanced professional or graduate training. The winner of the OFID Award will receive a scholarship of up to US$100,000 The funds will be spread over a maximum of two years, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2009/10.
To be eligible the candidate must meet ALL of the following criteria: : Image removed by sender.Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
Must be a graduating student with a Baccalaureate from a four-year, accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting September 2009, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Masters Degree.
Must be a national of a developing country (please see list of eligible countries)
Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development) , environment (desertification) , or other related science and technology fields.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read ALL of the directions below before proceeding with the application process:
1. Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible.. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed on it.
2. OFID will not consider applications received through a third party.
3. Please do not call or email OFID to ask if your application has been received, or to inquire about your status.
4. Please note that only the winner will be notified.
5. All materials submitted become the property of OFID and will not be returned to the applicant.
6. Applicants must complete the on-line application form and essay requirement, and must email the required materials to OFID’s email address provided below. All materials including the on-line application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than June 30, 2009.
Applicants should submit required documents via scholarship@ ofid.org <mailto:scholarship@ ofid.org>
II.Disbursement of the Scholarship FundThe terms and conditions of payment will be determined in coordination with the student upon his/her selection in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme.
2. A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account on a quarterly basis.
3. Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant, equal to two-month allowance. OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’ s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
III.Required documents1. A completed on-line application form.
2. A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
3. A scanned letter of acceptance from your chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed a maximum of two years).
4. A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
5. A short essay – of about 250 words in English – giving reasons for applying for OFID’s scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Masters degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
6. Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant's present university.
IV.. Eligible Countries
* In addition to nationals of OFID Member States, nationals of the following countries are also eligible: Africa :
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote d`lvoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome& Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Swazila nd, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Asia and the Middle East:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Korea DR, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
Latin America and the Caribbean: Antigua Barbuda , Belize, Barbados, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Grenada, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guyana, Haiti, , Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Panama, St. Christopher, St. Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
Albania , Bosnia Herzegovina
<http://www.opecfund .org/scholarship /application. aspx> Image removed by sender. APPLY ONLINE http://www.opecfund
.org/Scholarship _Default/ <http://www.opecfund .org/Scholarship _Default/ ScholarshipAppli cation2009. aspx#countries> ScholarshipAppli cation2009. aspx#countries