April 16, 2024, 06:50:55 AM

Author Topic: Jabloteh capture the Wolfe brothers.  (Read 7978 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh capture the Wolfe brothers.
« on: January 10, 2006, 07:03:50 AM »
Anthony Wolfe recovering from beating.
T&T Newsday Reports.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago footballer Anthony Wolfe is recovering from an alleged beating from police officers during a protest on the North Manzanilla Road on Tuesday.
Wolfe, who recently transferred with his brother Glenton from North East Stars to CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh, was dealt a baton to his head and was forced to receive treatment at the Sangre Grande Hospital.
Wolfe, who was a member of the national team for the latter part of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers, was speaking at yesterday’s launch of the Coca-Cola World Cup Trophy Tour at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.
"I’m feeling okay, I’m feeling fit as normal," he commented. "It’s just that the head is just sore but it’ll take about a week or two to really heal up properly. Thank God for that."
Wolfe said he received five stitches.
"I didn’t get no set of medication, just painkillers and tablets," he continued. "Just some things I’ll have to buy, and one or two sets of tonic because I lost a couple pints of blood."
Wolfe, who resides in Manzanilla, did not rule out the possibility of legal action, but said that the matter will be taken by his mother.
"Whatever decision she makes, so let it be," he stressed. "Right now, I thank God for being alive today because I could have ended up dead."
Jabloteh capture the Wolfe brothers.
By: Joel Villafana (ttproleague.com).

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh have already began preparing for the 2006 season and have signed former North East Stars players Anthony and Glenton Wolfe. The Wolfe brothers’ hail from Manzanilla and both Anthony and Glenton started their professional careers at North East Stars and spent 4 years at the Sangre Grande based club, and in recent times they have attracted the attention of National Football Coach Leo Beenhakker.
Anthony Wolfe is a young 22 year old striker, that has impressed coach Beenhakker, as he has been kept in the national squad as a reserve striker on the Journey to Germany.
Glenton Wolfe is a talented left back, just 24 years old and made his mark in the Pro League playing with North East Stars and has also caught the eyes of Mr. Beenhakker.
Jabloteh’s coach Terry Fenwick was instrumental in the signings and admitted, he has always had his eyes on the Wolfe brothers.
“They have always impressed me, I have always liked them and I am very much in favor of pushing younger players who are talented and focused on their football careers.”
“Anthony is an unselfish center forward, that can be lethal in and around the penalty area—I think he has great potential.”
“As for Glenton, I think he has great ability, he is also a left sided player which is an added advantage—he is a-no-nonsense type defender.”
Anthony Wolfe is delighted at the opportunity, saying “I really feel good about the move, I think its for my betterment—I am honored to be attached to one of the best teams in the country, and I hope I can improve my chances of making the national team and be on plane to Germany for the World Cup.”
Glenton Wolfe is also seeing the move as a progressive one, he said “While I enjoyed my stay at North East Stars, sometimes you just have to move on, and I see this move to Jabloteh as a step in the right direction as it may open up bigger and better possibilities in terms of attracting trials in Europe.”
When contacted Jabloteh Director Toussant Boyce pointed out "We are elated to have the Wolfe brothers with the club. Jabloteh is committed to the objective of being the premier club in the CONCACAF zone. It is important to that thrust that we continue to search for and develop the best local talent available. The Wolfe brothers undoubtedly fall into that category and will be in a great squad alongside the likes of Angus Eve, Kerry Noray, Kerry Baptiste, Josh Johnson, Nigel Daniel and Keyeno Thomas to name a few. As you are aware we have qualified for the CFU Champions Cup and hence we will be playing international club football this year. Together with the World Cup coming mid-year, this coming season will be very exciting for all of our players."
Further Mr. Boyce added, "At Jabloteh, our search for the best young talent never stops. Our youth teams dominated league and cup competitions last season because they are taught football excellence by talented coaches. We are very serious about unearthing and developing youths. It is very important that people understand that our club is rooted in San Juan but belongs to the people of Trinidad and Tobago. Every talented young player from any part of the country should be able to look at Jabloteh and see us as a route, as an opportunity to play football at the highest level locally and eventually internationally."

2006 Jabloteh Transferred out:

Nicholas Addlery to Singapore.

Nigel Codrington to Guyana.

Devon Mitchell to W Connection.

Michael Celestine to W Connection.

Ronald Primus to Caledonia AIA Fire.

Kerry Noray to Lebanon.

2006 Jabloteh Transferred in:

Anton Wolfe from NE Stars.

Glenton Wolfe from NE Stars.

Michael Alexis from NE Stars.

Keston Pierre from NE Stars.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 09:48:47 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh capture the Wolfe brothers.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 07:10:35 AM »
Cant wait to see Jabloteh and W Connection in the CONCACAF Cup this year on FSC.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 07:15:55 AM »
Cant wait to see Jabloteh and W Connection in the CONCACAF Cup this year on FSC.

I dont believe any of the T&T clubs are still in the running for this year.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 07:27:58 AM »

Mash yuh facking breaks they RF.......

North East Stars was the one who was suppose to play in the CONCACAF last year (2005) but could NOT partictipate because they were broke, they had to pull out of the competition and no T&T clubs played........ W Connection and Jabloteh didn't play... 2006 will be a different story though.

T&T clubs has run de caribbean concacaf cup for years now, 99% of de time we win out clean in de caribbean.... as I said, I cant wait for de 2006 version.

PS: Tallman, find de report for him they...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 07:33:08 AM by Flex »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 07:45:37 AM »
Fenwich talking bout young players and still calling angus eve name?

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 10:04:52 AM »

North East Stars was the one who was suppose to play in the CONCACAF last year (2005) but could NOT partictipate because they were broke, they had to pull out of the competition and no T&T clubs played........ W Connection and Jabloteh didn't play... 2006 will be a different story though.

T&T clubs has run de caribbean concacaf cup for years now, 99% of de time we win out clean in de caribbean.... as I said, I cant wait for de 2006 version.

sam yuh have de man skiddin all over de road.but rf yuh real fukin fresh.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 10:14:21 AM »
Jabloteh does move professional and this is good business sense. They are both quality players that will definitely get their opportunity to shine and end up playing at an even higher level.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 10:22:26 AM »
How was did it cost Jabloteh? ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 10:38:08 AM »

how come they eh take no tobago players :rotfl: :afro:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 10:39:10 AM »

how come they eh take no tobago players :rotfl: :afro:
De same reason dey eh take no Canadians ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 11:21:12 AM »

OK. Next time try to respond in a more civilized fashion. no need to get all worked up there Sam. actually, You wont get to see them in the 2006 version until 2007 actually. FSC only telivises the later rounds, which will begin in Jan 2007.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 11:44:54 AM »

so RF right then. There are no Trini teams left in the competition. Thanks for the extra info though  ???

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »
Fenwich talking bout young players and still calling angus eve name?

ah love it!!

i believe that angus is actually a player/coach so i guess the young guns get to play and learn from the old fox sometimes

this is a good move by jabloteh. no sense is waiting get them now if you could. get all the young trini players and give them a chance once they deserve it.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 05:30:18 PM »

so RF right then. There are no Trini teams left in the competition. Thanks for the extra info though  ???

Was actually informing Sam. Notice I didnt mention what Caribben teams remain in contention? Hah! Raise the level!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 03:33:05 AM »
No need to inform me, I on top of things, go inform yuh facking Jamaican people, yuh blasted informer...... man like you so does get kill for free.....

If a Jamaican club wasn't in de finals you would never bring up this topic, but yuh team make it to de finals without playing any Trini teams, instead yuh play some jokie club some Antigua and feel yuh they.....

When yuh get some time, why yuh doh go and jock yuh prick (with some melted golden ray) on your spear time instead of comming here and opening that facking hole in yuh face yuh call ah mouth....

How yuh feel about T&T turning down a Jamaica invitation to play allyuh on de 1st of March...

PS: Ah go beat yuh like ah drum de day I meet you and this is not a promies, its a Soca Warriors commandment.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 05:40:20 AM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 09:42:29 AM »
ooh  god sam....eh...some melted golden ray...mama....right you tell him sam.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ey...look ah do de laughing ting...wha..i getting computer savy......once i try to highlight a word ( like in bold nah)    and that little braket ting come up...i freak and delete everyting and start over.....small magician does real laugh at me....so.....i going wild now...check this :) ;D ::) :devil: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl: :cursing: :cursing:( for RF and half of warmongrel) ??? ??? >:( >:( :chilling: :chilling: :challenge: :challenge: :clown: :duel: :duel: :arguing: :arguing:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 09:51:37 AM by Tallman »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 09:49:27 AM »
serious ting tough...allyuh hear bout police beat up anthony wolffe in a peacefull demonstration in manzanilla ???...baton in he head and ting....end up in grande hospital....das all i read
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 11:55:09 AM »
somethin must be wrong. how could this happen.

we police back home like deh gone crazy. deh have a lotta criminals to beat, instead yuh beat a man like wolfe?

1]; } ?>