April 28, 2024, 06:49:57 PM

Author Topic: In defense of Lasana Liburd  (Read 5827 times)

truetrini

In defense of Lasana Liburd
« on: January 13, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »
Ah jes e-mail dis letter tuh all de Newspapers in T&T:

Dear Dr. Fuad Khan, MP for Barataria/San Juan

I read with great dismay your defense of Austin Jack Warner’s ticket monopoly in the T&T Mirror.  My God man, how dare you insult our collective intelligence with your pusillanimous attempts at defending the indefensible? 

How can you claim that the “attacks” on Jack Warner were both unprecedented and unwarranted?  What made you construe that the questions posed by Mr. Lasana Liburd were some kind of hitherto unprecedented attacks on poor Jack Warner?  And what latent discrimination are you referring to?  Is Mr. Liburd white, East Indian or of some race different from Mr. Warner?

Furthermore, how can you say that Mr. Liburd is somehow acting as an agent for the powers-that-be?  Based on what evidence Dr. Khan?  I found the three part expose by Mr. Liburd to be well written and succinctly to the point.  He did ask for comments from the Warners as well as Mr. Oliver Camps and others involved with the Warner Group of Companies.  But I get ahead of myself.

There were no attacks on Mr. Warner, virulent or perceived.  What is above board about Simpauls’ possession of sole rights to sell World Cup tickets?  Were they awarded that sole right through the tendering of a bid?  Were other companies afforded the opportunity to submit bids to the TTFF?  Initially Mr. Warner stated that Simpaul 'sTravel had paid the TTFF $500,000TT dollars for the exclusive rights; that was later amended to “Simpaul's paid $500,000 plus euros to an unnamed European tour operator for their ticket allotment.”  This does not ring true, why the incongruities?  Simpaul’s advertisement in the local media stated plainly: “Ticket or Leave it.”  Implying that they and they alone had the rights to sell T&T’s ticket allotment!

Mr. Warner defended himself by saying that the TTFF did not yet receive their ticket allotment from FIFA and that even Simpaul's did not yet have any tickets.  How then does he explain the Simpaul’s advertisement that stated that there will be no refunds on the $30,000 package sold?  How can he sell what he does not have?  His reputation and honesty was further compromised by Mr. Camps’ and Mr. Gerald Baptiste’s, (a Simpaul's officer and coincidentally the project manager for the World Cup package), both disavowed knowledge that Jack Warner was involved with Simpaul's.

You ask why Jack?  And attempt to justify his improper business dealings by pointing out that some banks and other financial institutions recommend particular legal firms, as if recommendations are somehow illegal.  Dr. Khan, instead of writing apologists letters to the T&T Mirror, should you not use your position as an MP to lead some investigations into what you perceive as illegal activities or unfair business practices and business monopolies?

Dr Khan, it is because of people like you that T&T is a country where people of different races get along and why justice and fair play do not vary from race to race and class to class.  You an East Indian standing up for Jack Warner who happens to be a black man, illustrates that what is good for one is good for all. No one is angry with Jack Warner making money off legitimate business dealings, regardless of his colour.  What you are leaving out is the unethical practice of a FIFA V.P. selling tickets to the World Cup, so I refer you to the FIFA code of ethics concerning such business practices.  Fair is fair Dr. Khan, rightly said, but just how in the name FIFA was the process to award the exclusive rights to Mr. Warner’s company?  Were you present during the process?  If not, what makes you think that Lasana Liburd had no right to question the process?

I am surprised that you believe that Jack Warner is the reason why T&T is in the World Cup, especially since you provide no kudos to the players on whose feet and heads victory was won.   I know many people who are amazed that we made it to the World Cup in spite of Mr. Warner and the often bungling TTFF! 

The only sacrificial lamb in this whole ugly affair happens to be the always broke TTFF!  Instead of keeping its entire allotment of World Cup tickets like other federations around the world, they decided without benefit of transparent bids to award the right to sell those tickets to Warner’s business.

Jack Warner brought politics into this sordid affair and you are doing your best to keep politics and now add race to the mix.  The true story will show that when Mr. Anthony Hartford of All Sports Promotion asked the TTFF about purchasing tickets, he was told that all tickets had to be obtained through Simpaul Travel.  He further revealed that he was in cordial discussions with Warner’s son Daryan and Mr. Baptiste but did not feel that his company would be sold any tickets, because the packages offered by Simpaul's did not include ground transport, sightseeing and airfare.  Dr. Khan, you really believe that we, the dissenters, are against Jack Warner making an honest buck?  Because he is a black man?  Nope, that is far from the truth Dr. Khan we don’t want anyone making a buck through extortion and unfair business practices.  We want transparency from the government and from all businesses and organizations.  Don’t you think that is a reasonable request Dr. Khan? 

I thank God for people like Lasana Liburd, maybe he should be the MP for Barataria/San Juan.  Jack makes the money, the TTFF gets a paltry $500,000 and if we are to follow your advice we can Ticket or Leave it ent Dr. Khan?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 07:36:36 AM by truetrini »

TrinInfinite

great article tt  :applause: :applause: :applause:

next time i talk tuh faud or his daughter  ;D, she real sweet eh, i will have tuh ask him, why did he defend a scamp, when he is one man in de unc i respect for being fair and condemning wrong in his party and the pnm

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Nice article TT, ah hope de papers dem print it.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
True...yuh lost me at "Pussillanimous"  ;D
does that mean lots of Pussy..or is it an anonymous Pussy? lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
TT yuh is a boss.... :applause: :applause: :applause:
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That aint ah letter to de press... that is ah Guest Editorial!!

Well written anyhow and ah hope it get print
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Excellent letter TT.... The question is "what newspaper will post the letter"?
It has to be posted.
Keep up the good work.....
Dtool

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Post dey sah !!!

TT, you have a degree in Lanaguage and Linguistics or what ???
Brilliant !!!
 :applause: :applause: :applause:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
We want transparency from the government and from all businesses and organizations.  Don’t you think that is a reasonable request Dr. Khan? 

tt, i was with you up until this point. isn't warner's group privately held? you really can't expect real transparency from a privately held company. this is a standard that is higher than we ask of other privately held companies.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 04:07:54 PM by ribbit »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We want transparency from the government and from all businesses and organizations.  Don’t you think that is a reasonable request Dr. Khan? 

tt, i was with you up until this point. isn't warner's group privately held? you really can't expect real transparency from a privately held company. this is a standard that is higher than we ask of other privately held companies.

Well you really gone clear with this one....

TTFF dealings with Simpauls is what we want transparency on...
use your brain nah

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile

Well you really gone clear with this one....

TTFF dealings with Simpauls is what we want transparency on...
use your brain nah

FF,

is ttff publicly funded? i'm not talking about one-time bailouts or awards, i'm talking regular public funding with transparency requirements.

what i'm getting at is the basis on which tt is making this transparency request. is it a legal one, like an anti-trust suit?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 04:28:14 PM by ribbit »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

FF,

is ttff publicly funded?

Are they asking for Government money?
Have they not received Government money?
Do we not all have an interest in the runnings of the TTFF?
Are they not the governing body for all football clubs in TnT, the referees association, the PFL, Super League and de SSFL?

Do not these organizations have to pay dues to the TTFF?
Where do these organizations get money?

Look doh get meh blasted vex here this Friday evening!!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
pusillanimous
:thinking: wha kinda kyyaht is dat?...fat, ball, fluffy, cross breed, active, dead....please inform us.... :rotfl:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Truetrini

Excellent article, we need people like yourself, FF, and others, both home and abroad, to continuously expose the corrupt practices of not just the TTFF, FIFA VPs, and others wrt football, but also in areas of the private sector as they continue to "rape and pillage" the land at the expense of a diminishing middle class.  

Sorry, did not mean to stray from the very subject of this forum, but the practice(s) of the FIFA VP in question is extremely coincidental with that of many other powers that be in TT.

Bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
pusillanimous
:thinking: wha kinda kyyaht is dat?...fat, ball, fluffy, cross breed, active, dead....please inform us.... :rotfl:

and parents does warn dey chirren not to wuk in strip joint eh!..See all the big words he learnt from them businessmen that does frequent the joint?

TT, your words lost this simple man at times, but after consulting dictionary.com I must say it's one of your better pieces. Well done.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 05:24:17 PM by Jumbie »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Excellent! Well done! Lookin out for it in de papers...

:beermug:

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That is a pefect letter. Truetrini, I salute you
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: In defense of Lasana Liburd
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 05:49:43 PM »
pusillanimous

Is pusillanimous yuh say there yuh know!!

Well thought out and delivered TT.

I doh know if they go print it in the paper as it is a bit long but one can hope.

Ms que un club.

truetrini

ribbit me eh expect nutten more from ah bamsee dan shit.  ah feel you is warner oddder press officer.

if a company is doing business with the TTFF we demand transparency.

I eh lknow if warner companies are publicly traded either and if they are den transparency is ah must.

ah bet yuh yuh broke ass cyar afford tuh even go hopm,e once in ah while farless buy tickets tuh germany..so yuh doh give ah damn/

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 09:40:34 PM »
who?

Dr.Fraud Khan?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 12:32:42 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

ribbit me eh expect nutten more from ah bamsee dan shit.

muuuuuhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
watch meh TT you had some good ones in the past but this take the cake yes
and on top of that yuh say this week that yuh stop cussing people

so much for new years resoloution

Ms que un club.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2006, 10:02:56 AM »
nice read they go put it in de punch ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

truetrini

ribbit me eh expect nutten more from ah bamsee dan shit.

muuuuuhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
watch meh TT you had some good ones in the past but this take the cake yes
and on top of that yuh say this week that yuh stop cussing people

so much for new years resoloution

me eh cuss him and merely stated de facts.  Pums and shit is all dat does come from bamsee...ah lying?

How dat is ah cuss?

meh resolution good still..doh try dat Disgruntled.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 11:46:12 AM »
high winds coming out of virginia blowing all that hog shit into the atmosphere. i just glad your high winded rhetoric directed away from me and towards fuad.

tt, why not take the offense in your pogrom against jack? you spend all this time rebutting fuad without even coming to an articulate demand. you addressing a public official, are you asking for a public inquiry? it's like you forget is liburd who the journalist. but you only looking for show, not action.

why not reach back, sell a few of them big tvs in your virginia home, and launch a law suit against jack? you have so much mouth, why not put a bit of money to back it up? all this wind you generating and the only money you putting out is for internet. :rotfl: empty vessels make the most noise they say. i know it true (or truetrini) now.

ff,
i agree that any govt funds provided to the ttff should be conditional on transparency. that is the only sane position. but i haven't read anything that suggests this is the case. furthermore, the scope of the transparency is limited to the govt funds. there may not be a proviso with FIFA to open a tender for the tickets. in fact, it's common for exclusive rights to be purchased by a business in other spheres.
i also agree that the end goal should be that the ttff is operated differently, i've posted on this before. what i'm trying to get at is what is (the current situation) and what the options are.

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2006, 11:59:24 AM »
high winds coming out of virginia blowing all that hog shit into the atmosphere. i just glad your high winded rhetoric directed away from me and towards fuad.

Yes perhaps you are right, high winds may indeed be the resson that you are spouting so much shit..hold yuh breath..don't inhale!  Ok..?  den keep yuh mouth shut, dat way less hog shit will make its way tuh VA.

tt, why not take the offense in your pogrom against jack? you spend all this time rebutting fuad without even coming to an articulate demand. you addressing a public official, are you asking for a public inquiry? it's like you forget is liburd who the journalist. but you only looking for show, not action.

Is jack a Jew? or are you suggesting that i am a nazi?  or maybe I am self loathing so i am attacking Jack as he is black becasue I hate myself?  Pogrom?  nah.  You are so damn dunce you cannot see that my response was intended to negate the shit spouted by Fuad?  Did you see to whom my letter was addressed?  As for articulate demands..I made one to Fuad.  Read carefully....or ask some literate soul to translate for you.  If I were looking for show, I would travel to NY and take in a play or maybe take in the VA Orchestra..quite culturing you know.

why not reach back, sell a few of them big tvs in your virginia home, and launch a law suit against jack? you have so much mouth, why not put a bit of money to back it up? all this wind you generating and the only money you putting out is for internet. :rotfl: empty vessels make the most noise they say. i know it true (or truetrini) now.

Yes I guess you love loud noises, if you did not, you would have kept your putrid trap shut!
 By the way,  if i make so mcuh of a din when I speak,,why do I notice that you stalk my every post and must make some assinine comment.  Looking for love in all the wrong places is it?   Just for the recoed, I am already in a very committed relationship and even if I was in the market for a quick amorous rendevous...what makes you think I would stoop so low as to deal with an ass kissing skunk such as you?

Carry on ass-licker, pucker up and warmly kiss Jack Warner's ass.

ff,
i agree that any govt funds provided to the ttff should be conditional on transparency. that is the only sane position. but i haven't read anything that suggests this is the case. furthermore, the scope of the transparency is limited to the govt funds. there may not be a proviso with FIFA to open a tender for the tickets. in fact, it's common for exclusive rights to be purchased by a business in other spheres.
i also agree that the end goal should be that the ttff is operated differently, i've posted on this before. what i'm trying to get at is what is (the current situation) and what the options are.

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 12:10:08 PM »
FF, doh waste yuh time talking with dis jackass.

In fact just ah few weeks ago I stated that TrinInfinite was the most dotish poster in de world. I have since seen posts by dis frog faced cretin calling himself ribbit and I now wish to withdraw that statement.

steups
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 03:02:19 PM by truetrini »

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 12:13:55 PM »
Take a bow. Excellent leter. Nuff Respect.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
True...yuh lost me at "Pussillanimous"  ;D
does that mean lots of Pussy..or is it an anonymous Pussy? lol

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

Good article TrueTrini

1]; } ?>