March 28, 2024, 05:35:41 PM

Author Topic: Sean de Silva Thread  (Read 47403 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Guyana eyes De Silva; Central star in spotlight for Caledonia Bowl final.
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2016, 03:02:12 PM »
I´ve always believed that the TTFA/Coach should organize some exhibitions at home which would help to scope those on the periphery.

Imagine one side with KJ, Jones, Hyland and the usual suspects.

Another, the best U-23s mixed wit names like Dasilva, Wooling, the yonger Jones, Jagdeosingh, Mohammed, Winchester, etc.

I think you felllas get the idea. In the old days they did something similar for the national cricket team called the Probables vs the Possibles.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2016, 03:18:22 PM »
http://www.sportsmax.tv/?q=articles/2016/02/18/ab-football-benna-boys-eyeing-reinforcements

The Benna Boys could be bringing in reinforcements as the team looks to become even more competitive in regional and international tournaments. This, as according to the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association (ABFA), at least three overseas players have expressed interest in representing the country.

The revelation comes as the country prepares for action in Group 1 of the Caribbean Football Union Caribbean Cup set to start next month. Antigua has been grouped with St Kitts and Aruba.

ABFA General Secretary Gordon Derrick has revealed that striker Dominic Samuel of Reading FC in the United Kingdom, Sean de Silva, who plays his football for Central FC in the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League, and Switzerland-based defender Jason Browne, are all keen on representing their country.

“Samuel … he is a very good striker and he is scoring a lot of goals. There is also a central midfield player from Trinidad … Sean de Silva, who plays for Central FC. He is a very good player, highly rated in Trinidad, but his grandmother is Antiguan. He and his father came to see me over the Christmas holidays and they think that is where he is in his career and said he would like to play with us,” Derrick said.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2016, 03:38:17 PM »
I´ve always believed that the TTFA/Coach should organize some exhibitions at home which would help to scope those on the periphery.

Imagine one side with KJ, Jones, Hyland and the usual suspects.

Another, the best U-23s mixed wit names like Dasilva, Wooling, the yonger Jones, Jagdeosingh, Mohammed, Winchester, etc.

I think you felllas get the idea. In the old days they did something similar for the national cricket team called the Probables vs the Possibles.

VB

Actually in the late 60s they used to do that with the Colleges/Schoolboys and U20/U23s.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Sean de Silva Thread
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2016, 05:11:01 AM »
De Silva happy with display against St Vincent.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

SEAN DE SILVA was happy to have featured in Trinidad and Tobago’s 6-0 crushing of St Vincent/Grenadines, in Tuesday’s FIFA World Cup Qualifiers CONCACAF Zone Fourth Round Group C contest at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The midfielder played a part in the “Soca Warriors”’ fifth goal against the “Vincey Heat”, as he played a pin-point pass to his fellow substitute Trevin Caesar, in the 85th minute, who scored past goalkeeper Lemus Christopher.

This match was also significant for the 26-year-old, as it was his first official FIFA World Cup qualifying game for the twin-island republic.

De Silva was also eligible to play for either Guyana and Antigua/ Barbuda, even though he played three international friendly matches for TT (at home to Panama in 2009 and Finland in 2012, and away to Jordan in 2015).

In a post-game interview, De Silva admitted, “it was fantastic, definitely a great honour. I had a great time getting out there.

“I was really excited,” he added.

“I definitely wanted to get in on the action. I was happy I was able to provide an assist.” It was also significant that De Silva was the only on e of the 14 players used by coach Stephen Hart during Tuesday’s match who still plays in the TT Pro League.

“It was definitely due to a lot of hard work,” he pointed out.

“I have my teammates and everyone back at Central FC also to thank, as well as coach Hart for giving me the opportunity to showcase myself amongst the team.” He also spoke about his involvement in the Warriors’ fifth goal against their overmatched opponents. “I just saw Caesar making the run and I knew he was quick enough,” said De Silva.

“I just put the ball in his path and he did the rest.” De Silva, who has spent the past fortnight with the national team, including their 2-2 draw away to Grenada in a friendly encounter on March 19, is relishing being a part of the set-up.

“It was a great honour when you get called up to play for the national team,” De Silva said.

“Seeing (as) I did it all through the youth programme, Under- 15 straight up to the national Under-20, even the Olympic team, I was really excited again to get back in the fold, to see what I can contribute to the team and help out in the campaign.” Now he will switch his attention back to the Pro League circuit with Central FC.

“I know we definitely want to win the League,” he said. “We want to win every trophy that we can, for the rest of the season, especially to regain our title as the Caribbean champions.

No team has every done that and I think it will be a great feat.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2016, 02:46:42 PM »
I am really glad for this dude. He had underperform when he was on the big stage in the past. But tonight before he perform just right. He was not under pressure and he moved around with ease. His pass to Caesar for the goal was superb. Keep on working hard and he will be called upon to play full games in the future.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2016, 03:09:29 PM »
Didn't see his few minutes, however my concern with him in the past was his lack of defensive speed. No problems with his offensive capabilities.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2016, 03:59:24 PM »
Didn't see his few minutes, however my concern with him in the past was his lack of defensive speed. No problems with his offensive capabilities.

I think we have the defensive midfielders to cover this shortcoming, however, he did make the effort to close down players during his cameo.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2016, 05:14:09 PM »

I think we have the defensive midfielders to cover this shortcoming, however, he did make the effort to close down players during his cameo.
Good..we would need improvement of this from everyone as we get to the more difficult opponents

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2016, 03:17:04 PM »
WATCH: Midfielder Sean De Silva talks about playing in his first World Cup Qualifier for Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZlDNezM0ANY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZlDNezM0ANY</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2016, 11:24:04 AM »
WATCH: Interview with national and Central FC midfielder, Sean de Silva

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oP-KLbH8v0A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oP-KLbH8v0A</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2016, 10:29:05 AM »
Tune in tonight at 8pm to WiSports to hear Sean de Silva and Jan-Michael Williams discuss pro league and international football and details of the Central FC fundraiser boat ride with Andre Errol Baptiste.

http://wisports.tv/index.php/livestreamhh

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2017, 09:23:02 PM »
Sean is said to be on trial. Europe, apparently. That being the case, best of luck to him!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:24:49 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De Silva joins IcelandicFirst Division club, Haukar FC
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2019, 05:48:20 PM »
De Silva joins IcelandicFirst Division club, Haukar FC
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Sean De Silva has secured a one-year deal with Iceland First Division club Haukar FC and is expected to jet off to join his new teammates later this month.

“It’s a new venture that I’m really excited about. I really hope that I can do well there and make a name for myself,” the 29-year-old De Silva told TTFA Media today following a training session with the Men’s Senior Team at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

“There was actually interest from another team over there and my representative just kind of put my name out there and Haukar FC came up with the best solution for me and the best step for my career. I should be heading out as soon as next week,” he added.

The former Central FC and St Mary’s College student added, “It’s fantastic for me and a great feeling. Sometimes it’s difficult for local players and Caribbean players in general to get out there and get into European countries and clubs to try and further their career. It’s a really exciting and huge opportunity for me to  take my football to another level,” De Silva continued.

He hopes this can make way for more local players to enter the European market.

“Hopefully I can open doors for them as well. If I do well obviously the interest in Trinidadian and Caribbean players will grow and hopefully I can create some avenues for young, upcoming players who really and truly should be playing at a higher level and should be in Europe,” stated De Silva who has played for Minnesota United in the North American Soccer League in 2013.

On the current preparations under Dennis Lawrence as the team prepares for Wales, De Silva commented, “I think the training sessions have gone pretty good. They are trying to get us up to speed in terms of the fitness and the tempo of the game and get us back to the international standard of play. There is a lot of young, really hungry players trying to make their way into the squad. The training sessions are more intense because the younger players bring little extra energy. But it’s been fantastic working with this group of players. We are growing day by day, getting accustomed to what Dennis wants us to be doing,” he said.

De Silva has eight international appearances for T&T’s senior team and was a member of T&T’s Under 17 Team at the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in South Korea and the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2019, 06:11:50 PM »
Glad for him.
Long overdue.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2019, 08:22:18 PM »
Glad for him.
Long overdue.

VB

Co sign (TM Weary....RIP)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2019, 12:08:56 AM »
Glad for him.
Long overdue.

VB

Co sign (TM Weary....RIP)

Good Luck!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2019, 09:41:35 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2019, 12:09:18 PM »
WATCH: Sean de Silva scores the third goal in Haukar FC's 4-0 win over UMF Njarðvík

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bRJjIwdjLrU?start=3075" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bRJjIwdjLrU?start=3075</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »
WATCH: Can Bou Play Foundation founder Sean De Silva recounts his free-kick 🆚️ Canada Soccer in the FIFA U-20 World Cup Qualifiers in March 2009.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4akZdGkn6-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4akZdGkn6-Y</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De Silva finds new home at Njarðvík FC
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2020, 12:16:08 PM »
De Silva finds new home at Njarðvík FC
canbouplayfoundation.com

Can Bou Play Founder Sean De Silva has found a new home at Njarðvík FC in the Icelandic second division for the 2020 season.

​De Silva makes the move from Haukar FC who he impressed for last season and is really looking forward to this new adventure after the COVID-19 pandemic delays.

​"Feels great to be with this new club," said de Silva."Everyone here, from the staff, backroom and the players have all made me feel really welcomed and there is a good vibe in the team."

​Njarðvík FC kicked off the regular season with a 3-1 victory over Volsungar on Saturday 20 June with de Silva immediately making his mark with two assists. The Trinidad and Tobago midfielder is elated to finally be able to be back on the pitch after being largely isolated in his apartment during the COVID-19 lockdown.

​"It's been a really difficult couple of months being here during the pandemic and being away from my family and friends," confessed de Silva.

​"I don't really want to talk a lot about the negatives but it has been tough mentally."

​"But getting back on the pitch and playing games competitively has lifted my spirits and put me into a much better mind frame."

​Njarðvík FC along with Haukar FC were relegated to the second division at the end of the 2019 season and de Silva is keen to help his new team bounce right back and be promoted. Also featured in the division is Kordrengir, which Can Bou play founders Yohance Marshall and Keston George led to promotion last season but both have since left the club in 2020.

1]; } ?>