March 29, 2024, 09:41:06 AM

Author Topic: W Connection loses Gefferson Goulart for 2006 season.  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
W Connection loses Gefferson Goulart for 2006 season.
« on: January 26, 2006, 03:31:15 AM »
W Connection loses Gefferson Goulart for 2006 season.
By Joel Villafana.
[/size]

Influential Brazilian midfielder Gefferson Goulart of W Connection has signed a 2-year deal with top South Korean club Buscan Park. Buscan Park is being coached by former Trinidad and Tobago Coach Ian Porterfield. Goulart, who was the top goal scorer last season in the T&T Pro League with 14 goals—went on trial at the South Korean club, together with his teammate David Atiba Charles and the Brazilian completed the signing last week.
Gefferson Goulart returned to W Connection at the beginning of the 2005 season—after completing a stint in Yugoslavia with FC Zelnick and he led the ‘savonetta boys’ to three titles—the League title, the First Citizens Bank Cup and the Toyota Classic.
The talented Brazilian, was also the center of attention of the now infamous Toyota Classic brawl between W Connection and San Juan Jabloteh, which resulted after Goulart scored what turned out to be the winning free kick in the final of the competition.
W Connection’s President David John Williams who confirmed the transfer, told ttproleague.com, it would be a big loss to any club losing a prominent player like Gefferson Goulart.
“He has been our most influential player last season, he has consistently performed well for us and we will miss him, but that’s the business of football and we wish him all the best in his endeavors—but as a club we will move on and we will be on the look out for some one to step up and fill his shoes,” said John Williams.
The W Connection boss also confirmed that one of the club’s other talented Brazilian imports—overlapping left wing back William Silva De Oliveira is also off on trails with top German Club MSV Duisburg.
However, Mr. Williams indicated the bulk of his title winning team from 2005 will be back in 2006—but said it will be a young talented outfit that will be on show—and they are looking forward to the new season.
Meanwhile, national defender Atiba Charles could be heading out soon again on trial in Greece.
The Vibe CT 105 W Connection player returned home this month from trial at South Korean top club Busan Park and is likely to head over to an unnamed club in Greece.
Charles has also received a contract offer from a Singapore club, but the possibility of better offers has the Point Fortin-born player weighing his options.
“The trial at Busan went pretty well, but the club may want me back in April and I will have to decide whether I wait until then, or whether I head off to another trial in Greece.
“There’s the club in Singapore which has already put the offer on the table for me,” Charles said last Thursday, as he regrouped with some of his T&T team-mates at a reception launch hosted by Carib at the 51 Degrees on Cipriani Boulevard.
“It’s the same club of our former coach, Ian Porterfield, and everything there is really first class. But time will tell where I end up, hopefully before the World Cup.
“My aim is to also keep my game in order, because the chance to make the World Cup team is watching me in my face at the moment,” added Charles.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>