April 19, 2024, 12:19:49 PM

Author Topic: Shaka between the sticks !!!  (Read 10029 times)

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Shaka between the sticks !!!
« on: January 26, 2006, 06:14:13 PM »
Just saw on FSC that carroll out with a back injury, Good news for Shaka
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shaka between the sticks !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 06:21:26 PM »
well it good that shaka go get ah run in the side but too bad he have to wait for carrol to get hurt to get some playing time though.......it woulda be better if he was the number one already

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 06:23:15 PM »
 yeah ah just saw it good news..show dem what yuh made of shaka..

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 03:11:01 AM »
well it good that shaka go get ah run in the side but too bad he have to wait for carrol to get hurt to get some playing time though.......it woulda be better if he was the number one already

Yeah, but hopefully if he has a good run while Carroll is out, Pardew will keep him in the side. Carroll has been good this season though...almost a different man from the mistake-prone dunce he was at Manure United.

Vibes it up Shaka!

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 05:51:43 AM »
Sorry folks, but in my view Shaka eh no hot goalkeeper.  In my view from best to worst it would be Kelvin Jack #1, Clayton Ince #2, then Shaka Hislop #3.  He makes too many basic errors, which at the world cup will be punishable with goals.  Remember the first Guatemala game...
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 05:59:33 AM »
1989 i do agree with u men go vex but say what. i must apologise to roy i sorry bro. when i wished for u to get injuried i was just looking 4 a small injury sorry bro. plz 4give me
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 06:36:21 AM »
Sorry folks, but in my view Shaka eh no hot goalkeeper.  In my view from best to worst it would be Kelvin Jack #1, Clayton Ince #2, then Shaka Hislop #3.  He makes too many basic errors, which at the world cup will be punishable with goals.  Remember the first Guatemala game...

People need to stop bringing up this Guatemala game as evidence that Shaka is a bad keeper.  That was ONE bad goal, the rest were bad defending.  Even the best goalkeepers in the world make bad mistakes from Petr Cech come down.  Didn't Jack let a high ball bounce over his head and almost score in Bahrain?
The fact is Shaka is still playing in the EPL and has played well when given the chance to start this season.
I'm not saying that Jack isn't better than him, because obviously Beenie thought so, but saying Shaka makes too many basic errors because of that one goal against Guatemala is just rubbish.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 07:40:53 AM »

u have selective memory. basic errors you say, I rememeber Jack letting a ball bounce over his head against Bahrain, de 2nd goal he concede against Mexico in Mexico was tata too.....but to judge him based on that would be ridiculous. For me, Shaka play too many stellar games for TnT for dat kinda judgement. Remember, is Shaka save a point blank header from Fonseca early in the 2nd half against Mexico in TnT...when Jack had to come off at half time. In all the euphoria, people doh remember dat, but it was the most crucial save of the campaign...if that went in WC talk done.

All we keepers is boss...but for me Shaka is #1. Your opinion cool too...respek....but I cyah agree with your reasoning

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 08:04:54 AM »

People need to stop bringing up this Guatemala game as evidence that Shaka is a bad keeper.  That was ONE bad goal, the rest were bad defending.  Even the best goalkeepers in the world make bad mistakes from Petr Cech come down.  Didn't Jack let a high ball bounce over his head and almost score in Bahrain?
The fact is Shaka is still playing in the EPL and has played well when given the chance to start this season.
I'm not saying that Jack isn't better than him, because obviously Beenie thought so, but saying Shaka makes too many basic errors because of that one goal against Guatemala is just rubbish.
Big Big Respect to shaka but Shaka days dun..Shaka get string up more than Market crab!!!!!!!!! and if he aint get string up,  balls does go up between he legs like a 10 dollar whore..  mi sorry fadda Hislop but mi deal wid facts mi nuh innah fiction ting .

warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »
Big Big Respect to shaka but Shaka days dun..Shaka get string up more than Market crab!!!!!!!!! and if he aint get string up,  balls does go up between he legs like a 10 dollar whore..  mi sorry fadda Hislop but mi deal wid facts mi nuh innah fiction ting .

warmonga..

Sounds like facts to me and a very well thought out response...at least for you  ::)

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 08:26:19 AM »

warmonga..

Sounds like facts to me and a very well thought out response...at least for you  ::)

Man here does talk nuff shit about Shaka..Jack eh reach Shaka class yet.

anyone see de old goals dat score against Jack in Mexico?

Anyone see de amount ah goals shaka saved vs Mexico in T&T?

STEUPS

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 08:28:34 AM »
Remember, is Shaka save a point blank header from Fonseca early in the 2nd half against Mexico in TnT...when Jack had to come off at half time. In all the euphoria, people doh remember dat, but it was the most crucial save of the campaign...if that went in WC talk done.

You probably forgot what the save looked like.  Shaka dropped the ball and had to pick it up again.  Jack never makes those mistakes.  I think that some of you may have mistaken my comments to mean that the Guatemala game is the only evidence of shaky goal keeping.  Remember the Mexico game? - Yes the same one.  For the first half Jack would look out pick a man and kick the ball to him.  At times it would be a long ball, other times it would be a short ball.  But when you look at what Shaka did for goal kicks for the whole second half (and still does in every game), he looked out and always kicked a long ball bypassing all the man that Beenie teach to play in the midfield in hopes of reaching a striker directly.  A goalkeeper is not only the last line of defense but also the first line of attack.  In general I really don't have enough confidence in Shaka as far as the World Cup is concerned.  'Cause when man shoot to score in World Cup if the goal keeper doh intercept it, is ah goal.  And it eh have anything like trying to grab the ball after yuh drop it in World Cup football.
No disrespect, just analysis.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 08:33:30 AM »
Remember, is Shaka save a point blank header from Fonseca early in the 2nd half against Mexico in TnT...when Jack had to come off at half time. In all the euphoria, people doh remember dat, but it was the most crucial save of the campaign...if that went in WC talk done.

You probably forgot what the save looked like.  Shaka dropped the ball and had to pick it up again.  Jack never makes those mistakes.  I think that some of you may have mistaken my comments to mean that the Guatemala game is the only evidence of shaky goal keeping.  Remember the Mexico game? - Yes the same one.  For the first half Jack would look out pick a man and kick the ball to him.  At times it would be a long ball, other times it would be a short ball.  But when you look at what Shaka did for goal kicks for the whole second half (and still does in every game), he looked out and always kicked a long ball bypassing all the man that Beenie teach to play in the midfield in hopes of reaching a striker directly.  A goalkeeper is not only the last line of defense but also the first line of attack.  In general I really don't have enough confidence in Shaka as far as the World Cup is concerned.  'Cause when man shoot to score in World Cup if the goal keeper doh intercept it, is ah goal.  And it eh have anything like trying to grab the ball after yuh drop it in World Cup football.

so it is only in the world cup that men shoot to score?  Steups.

SHaka may have his faults, but he remains an excellent shot blocker.

Beenie is de coach and he picking de team, but Shaka is ah borse..whne Jack get injured..didnt Shaka immediatley get called upon to make a crucial save?  He did it too!

Man Jack does make school boy mistakes too.

Imps is probably we best keeper at present but he screw he chances when he walk out on de team.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 08:36:54 AM »
man mussi didnt watch USA first game and Guatemala ist game when Shaka was keeping..Shaka get string up wid a flicking header from on top of his area..Then he get string up again from about 3 yards behind his area.. and dont talk about de Guatemala game..I remember one game against Jamaica a f**kin man string him up from a corner.. then a remember he get string up against Canada ..against CR he get string from about..yu know what ? .I dun deal wid this..I think de new word for de day will be STRING!!!!!!!!!!!! Shaka should go as a Coach..to coach de Goalkeepers about  how a man does get string!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 08:38:31 AM by warmonga »
Black Lives Matter..

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 08:43:01 AM »
I think that some of you may have mistaken my comments to mean that the Guatemala game is the only evidence of shaky goal keeping.  Remember the Mexico game? - Yes the same one.  For the first half Jack would look out pick a man and kick the ball to him.  At times it would be a long ball, other times it would be a short ball.  But when you look at what Shaka did for goal kicks for the whole second half (and still does in every game), he looked out and always kicked a long ball bypassing all the man that Beenie teach to play in the midfield in hopes of reaching a striker directly.  A goalkeeper is not only the last line of defense but also the first line of attack.  In general I really don't have enough confidence in Shaka as far as the World Cup is concerned.  'Cause when man shoot to score in World Cup if the goal keeper doh intercept it, is ah goal.  And it eh have anything like trying to grab the ball after yuh drop it in World Cup football.

Breds you need to go back and analyze those games again.  Because probably the weakest part of Jack's game is ball distribution and that has been talked about on this site a million times.  Or maybe you prefer it when he kicks the ball short like he did to Landon Donavon against the USA who should have scored.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 08:48:00 AM by arrow »

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 09:11:09 AM »
so if shaka is such a bad keeper...why is he in the English PRIEMER league and jack is in Scotland? hmmmm could it be that he is a better keeper? the thing is jack does not instill confidence in the back four but I think Shaka does.........if Jack was such a goalkeeper he would be playing for a top side!!

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 09:14:42 AM »
so if shaka is such a bad keeper...why is he in the English PRIEMER league and jack is in Scotland? hmmmm could it be that he is a better keeper? the thing is jack does not instill confidence in the back four but I think Shaka does.........if Jack was such a goalkeeper he would be playing for a top side!!
ask dem again!  Shaka is back up to England Keeper...Jack is back up to who?

steups.

ah feel is I should have de name Disgruntled Trini in trute   steups.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 09:53:58 AM »
Shaka couldnt save the goal the us scored and neithercould any other keeper did u not see the placement of that header or were you watching another game Shaka is very difficult to score on people's memory is so short i seem to recal a certain mexico game when shaka saved at least 14- 20 shots the man was under fire in mexcio and he was stopping everything similarly when put to the test I seem to recall jack saving shit against this same mexcio team when we played the first game here....Jack isnt bad and he is improving and he has pulled some saves out of his ass but dont disrespect shaka  youmay have your opinion about who is better but you dont have to undermine the others if you doing that I go have to push meh mouth into the arguments...I just damn glad that we have three great golakeepers  to push each other.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 09:57:03 AM »
Remember the Mexico game? - Yes the same one.  For the first half Jack would look out pick a man and kick the ball to him.  At times it would be a long ball, other times it would be a short ball.

Dat is actually one of de weakest if not de weakest part of Jack's game.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 10:17:50 AM »
Shaka couldnt save the goal the us scored and neithercould any other keeper did u not see the placement of that header or were you watching another game Shaka is very difficult to score on people's memory is so short i seem to recal a certain mexico game when shaka saved at least 14- 20 shots the man was under fire in mexcio and he was stopping everything similarly when put to the test I seem to recall jack saving shit against this same mexcio team when we played the first game here....Jack isnt bad and he is improving and he has pulled some saves out of his ass but dont disrespect shaka  youmay have your opinion about who is better but you dont have to undermine the others if you doing that I go have to push meh mouth into the arguments...I just damn glad that we have three great golakeepers  to push each other.
dread de ball dat went thru his leg against guatemala he couldnt stop dat because dat was placed too.. when marshall string him from about 40 yards he couldnt get dat because dat was placed too.. when De odda Jamaican string him wid a corner he couldnt get dat because dat was placed too..when lewis hit him from about 35 he couldnt get dat because dat was placed too. ..dread I is a GK I aint no international GK but Keeper aint suppose to get string like dat...... Hislop does fall asleep dats why he does get string up so bad .. I swear to god I never see a keeper get string up like Hislop.. de man  f**kin wutless..we jes love him because he Love to represent TNT.. speak facts dont bring no fiction to warmonga... and who sey Jack is top keeper jack wutless too..we best Keeper is Ince but thanks to Jack we reach wrl cup otherwise if Shaka was keeper  I swear dat last shot Bahrain drop in we  was STRING written all over it!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
" I thank yu Shaka but go as a coach show dem fellas how a keeper does get string, and let dem learn from dat"

Black Lives Matter..

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 10:22:50 AM »
ok ah trying to stay out ah dis but ah car help it
shaka is a keeper that does make great saves that however doesnt make him a great keeper , he has the habit of making big saves but letting some medicore goals score against him. jack nor ince has his illustrious  track record  thats a fact.
men using where jack plies his trade 2 suggest that he is inferior to shaka poppycock
lets use this yardstick current form not past achievements
costa rica game BSC realising his job was on the line replaced shaka with ince
arriival of beenie jack in post shaka on bench
lets deal with the reality
we now have 4 big keepers all have different strengths and weakness
 nuff said
shaka is mi boy and epl preview show like him 2 just last week they feature d man again yes again
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2006, 11:25:46 AM »
1989 breds Kelvin jacks game is flawed in every dept and he has ZERO distribution.

Shaka is the best of the lot....Ince is second and Jack is third.

Yuh forget how Dunce Jack move when he dump out the ball without looking around in the Bahrain game. Yuh wasnt here against Mexico when he do shit.

In fact have you ever seen kelvin Jack HOLD a shot. He does a kinda parry/punch that gets him in more trouble.

Look at all the skills keepers need and rate him or compare him against the other keepers in our line up. You will see he coming 2nd or 3rd in each one

Distribution...ZERO....Jack cannot kick out a ball, he does slip and fall down even on a dry field....it goes off the field nearly every time and his throw is not further than Ince or Shaka who can throw the length of the field with accuracy.

Reading of the game dictating play.......ZERO, he does kill off any counter attack we have and he doe switch the ball fast enough or properly.

Communication with team members/Instructions.......He coming 3rd there or maybe second. In the stands you can hear Shaka and Ince very clearly giving instructions and providing a calming influence.

Command for the area, charging people gathering balls coming off the line.......He go come 2nd or 3rd there. Ince is the best without a doubt, Shaka doe come off as fast he does move up and narrow space, Kelvin does stay rooted and get ketch far post right tru.......try to remember Gold Cup.

Cross Balls.........Ince, Shaka, Jack in that order.

Reflexes.........Ince, Shaka, Jack.

Technique...........Shaka, Ince, Jack.......from a pure mechanics point of view and execution. In the warm up against Haiti a man put a bullet on Shaka from 6 yrd out it was SURE goal the man fly, and pluck the ball out the air with ease. perfect grasp, collection to chest and drop and roll. he then watch the Haitian and steups. Look at catches, Distribution, Collection etc.

Footskills..............Shaka, Ince then Jack.

Height and Size......Jack,Hislop, Ince......but to me they all look about the same height just differing levels of size.

Honestly Ince was in form and was our best keeper until he do that piece of shit. Hislop better than him but due to lack of games was rusty. Jack, I does be scared when he on the field I find he is adequate but he will never be my first choice.

1989, go tru each dept and rate them and make a overall honest assessment, yuh will see Jack coming 3rd.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 11:27:45 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2006, 11:38:49 AM »
1989 breds Kelvin jacks game is flawed in every dept and he has ZERO distribution.

Shaka is the best of the lot....Ince is second and Jack is third.

Yuh forget how Dunce Jack move when he dump out the ball without looking around in the Bahrain game. Yuh wasnt here against Mexico when he do shit.

In fact have you ever seen kelvin Jack HOLD a shot. He does a kinda parry/punch that gets him in more trouble.

Look at all the skills keepers need and rate him or compare him against the other keepers in our line up. You will see he coming 2nd or 3rd in each one

Distribution...ZERO....Jack cannot kick out a ball, he does slip and fall down even on a dry field....it goes off the field nearly every time and his throw is not further than Ince or Shaka who can throw the length of the field with accuracy.

Reading of the game dictating play.......ZERO, he does kill off any counter attack we have and he doe switch the ball fast enough or properly.

Communication with team members/Instructions.......He coming 3rd there or maybe second. In the stands you can hear Shaka and Ince very clearly giving instructions and providing a calming influence.

Command for the area, charging people gathering balls coming off the line.......He go come 2nd or 3rd there. Ince is the best without a doubt, Shaka doe come off as fast he does move up and narrow space, Kelvin does stay rooted and get ketch far post right tru.......try to remember Gold Cup.

Cross Balls.........Ince, Shaka, Jack in that order.

Reflexes.........Ince, Shaka, Jack.

Technique...........Shaka, Ince, Jack.......from a pure mechanics point of view and execution. In the warm up against Haiti a man put a bullet on Shaka from 6 yrd out it was SURE goal the man fly, and pluck the ball out the air with ease. perfect grasp, collection to chest and drop and roll. he then watch the Haitian and steups. Look at catches, Distribution, Collection etc.

Footskills..............Shaka, Ince then Jack.

Height and Size......Jack,Hislop, Ince......but to me they all look about the same height just differing levels of size.

Honestly Ince was in form and was our best keeper until he do that piece of shit. Hislop better than him but due to lack of games was rusty. Jack, I does be scared when he on the field I find he is adequate but he will never be my first choice.

1989, go tru each dept and rate them and make a overall honest assessment, yuh will see Jack coming 3rd.

Touches, after your wonderful synopsis we all have to wonder why Beenie starts Jack then?  I hope you see I am being sarcastic.

Long story short I see it like this:

Jack: brilliant reflexes, great shot stopper, decent on crosses, fair to poor distribution, prone to lapses in concentration

Ince: Good reflexes, great shot stopper, good on crosses, good distribution, fails to take command of area

Shaka: Good reflexes, good shot stopper, very strong on crosses, good distribution, great communication from the back, ageing goalie which translates to more anticipation and experience but diminishing reflexes and ability to cover ground.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2006, 01:02:47 PM »
Shaka dropped the ball and had to pick it up again

We obviously saw different games that night. Shaka dived to the ground and blocked that ball with his body. As it bounced away from him, he grabbed a hold of it to make sure it didn't get into the Mexican's hands.

When Jack had to save goals against Mexico, he did the opposite. He deflected the balls right back at the Mexicans and goals scored. He did this not once, but two times in the same game!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »
Ok you're a goalie and I'm a midfielder but there is no rule that say top class goalies doh get string up on a regular basis Ill call a few local and otherwise I see a brazilian striker  leave ince standing from 40 yrds with a swerver of a free kick about chest height the crowd was stunned  I was silent and as you can tell I like to talk when tt play brazil u-20 team when they qualified for the youth world cup. I see dino zoff get string from a brazilian named nelinho in the 1978 world cup almost from the corner flag..I see vas beat bats from france in the 86 world cup just to name a few i see mike maurice say the sun was in he eyes  when caligiuri string him in 89 I mean men going to get string and on more than one occasion people always remember the goals conceded and not the ones saved. Shaka is a calming influence on the team he is a leader them is qualities you born with dimishing skills a possibility  but definitely not t6o the extent you may be insinuating because with age comes wisdom and what he may lack in vertical leaping ability is  replaced with excellent positioning aand awareness.....what is the difference between kobe and michael the fact that  in the end mike could get men to play with him and up to now kobe just gets men to watch him play while he plays...think about it.

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 01:29:01 PM »
Ok you're a goalie and I'm a midfielder but there is no rule that say top class goalies doh get string up on a regular basis Ill call a few local and otherwise I see a brazilian striker  leave ince standing from 40 yrds with a swerver of a free kick about chest height the crowd was stunned  I was silent and as you can tell I like to talk when tt play brazil u-20 team when they qualified for the youth world cup. I see dino zoff get string from a brazilian named nelinho in the 1978 world cup almost from the corner flag..I see vas beat bats from france in the 86 world cup just to name a few i see mike maurice say the sun was in he eyes  when caligiuri string him in 89 I mean men going to get string and on more than one occasion people always remember the goals conceded and not the ones saved. Shaka is a calming influence on the team he is a leader them is qualities you born with dimishing skills a possibility  but definitely not t6o the extent you may be insinuating because with age comes wisdom and what he may lack in vertical leaping ability is  replaced with excellent positioning aand awareness.....what is the difference between kobe and michael the fact that  in the end mike could get men to play with him and up to now kobe just gets men to watch him play while he plays...think about it.

WOW!  well said

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 01:37:19 PM »
yeah and big game dis weeken good luck

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 01:53:30 PM »
There are only three reasons why Jack is currently our No 1.

1). Ince make ah dottish decision by pullin out of the squad at a key time.

2). Shaka was racking up serious benchwarming time at Pompey with no sign of getting ah game.

3). Jack didn't let the country down. He play and was competent.

If I was in Beenie shoes I would have done the same thing. Especially as a manager who knew very little about the players at his disposal. What we have to do is ask these questions: Is Jack a more talented keeper than Ince or Shaka...No. Has he got as much experience as Ince or Shaka.....no way! Has he played consistently at as high a level as Ince or Shaka....are you kidding me?

The situation slightly different now....aint none ah them playing regularly at the moment, not even newboy Tony Warner.  That game on the 28th have lots of significance now especially fuh the keepers.

Personnally Jack is number 4 in my opinion but is up to the other 3 to prove me right. It is Jack's starting spot at the moment and it is up to the others to claim it from him, unfortunatly that go be difficult if they doh play any games fuh their club sides!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 02:24:34 PM »

WOW!  well said

certainly convinced me.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 04:37:43 PM »
There are only three reasons why Jack is currently our No 1.

1). Ince make ah dottish decision by pullin out of the squad at a key time.

2). Shaka was racking up serious benchwarming time at Pompey with no sign of getting ah game.

3). Jack didn't let the country down. He play and was competent.

If I was in Beenie shoes I would have done the same thing. Especially as a manager who knew very little about the players at his disposal. What we have to do is ask these questions: Is Jack a more talented keeper than Ince or Shaka...No. Has he got as much experience as Ince or Shaka.....no way! Has he played consistently at as high a level as Ince or Shaka....are you kidding me?

The situation slightly different now....aint none ah them playing regularly at the moment, not even newboy Tony Warner.  That game on the 28th have lots of significance now especially fuh the keepers.

Personnally Jack is number 4 in my opinion but is up to the other 3 to prove me right. It is Jack's starting spot at the moment and it is up to the others to claim it from him, unfortunatly that go be difficult if they doh play any games fuh their club sides!

Have to agree with Rodney on that one. Shaka was not fit when he returned to the national team.

Men judging goalkeepers like its a 'who make the worst mistake ever' competition and not study who makes the best saves. Sure you have to consider the mistakes but its the whole picture that matters.

On pure ability Id go with Ince, Hislop then Jack in that order.

1]; } ?>