April 25, 2024, 09:45:08 PM

Author Topic: Fastest footballers  (Read 19245 times)

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fastest footballers
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2006, 10:05:31 PM »
ya forget babangida di nigerian bak in di day

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2006, 11:22:26 PM »
I still think Glenn is a dunce as a player but I cyah deny his pace...its actually frigtening.....back in the day I'd also put Leonson Lewis up there as well as Marc Overmars...and Andrei kanchelskis but I think nuff men forget about a younger Giggs .......who coulda deal with Giggs in his prime?
big man yuh more than entitled to yuh opinion..but if yuh doh mind..list a couple reasons for the statement yuh make when yuh say"I still think Glenn dunce as a player". 8)

stewps. cuz de man a bloody idiot.

:rotfl:

yuh know ah kicksin.

ask de man if he was dottish when he grabb de ball on a cold heavy night at monteray stadium, run it up de feild wit a searin pace himself and crack a shot from about 30 that send de keeper inside de net.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »
Fastest footballers I've seen over the years (at least they seemed really fast)....in no particular order

1.Claudio Caniggia
2.David Suazo
3.Thierry Henry
4.Roberto Carlos
5.Clint Marcelle
6.Marc Overmars
7.Ronaldo
8.Eto'o

Daz the all-time 100m dash right there

*Craig Bellamy is the alternate if one of them withdraws

oh ho, ah was wqaiting to see if anybody forget de bullet.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2006, 06:20:33 PM »
I think i forgot to mention one Maurice alibey. Not a great goalscorer but he could really step. I remember one game for the strike aquad where he picked up the ball in the stadium and ran the lenght of the pitch ...even on to the athletics track.... no one could catch him !
E ooh A check de danger OOOO alibey in ah de area !

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2006, 07:37:38 AM »
Allyuh youthmen do some research on ah Pole call Lato.
WC '74.
Tallman see if yuh could help dem out
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2006, 08:39:58 AM »
Rudd Gullit back in the day had speed with the ball and without it.
adrian 'saddle' fonrse of trintoc
in SSFL by the way jason rocke CIC and a fella from benedicts believe his last name was Jordan-real speed.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2006, 02:23:17 PM »
I still think Glenn is a dunce as a player but I cyah deny his pace...its actually frigtening.....back in the day I'd also put Leonson Lewis up there as well as Marc Overmars...and Andrei kanchelskis but I think nuff men forget about a younger Giggs .......who coulda deal with Giggs in his prime?
big man yuh more than entitled to yuh opinion..but if yuh doh mind..list a couple reasons for the statement yuh make when yuh say"I still think Glenn dunce as a player". 8)

Basically he plays with his head down alot and he doesnt raise his head as a player to see where the support is or the space his runs are predictable and basically if you took his pace away his shortcomings as a player would be highlighted he hugs the ball alot and he doesnt show variety as a striker like dropping off for the ball then going in space and such.....it's no coincidence that he has been changing teams he every season he speed does attract yuh but his team play and attitude reveals the kind of player he really is ...but at the end of the day his pace is still frigtening........and if he comes up against a defender who can match him for pace ala ashley cole what then

truetrini

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2006, 06:16:40 PM »

Basically he plays with his head down alot and he doesnt raise his head as a player to see where the support is or the space his runs are predictable and basically if you took his pace away his shortcomings as a player would be highlighted he hugs the ball alot and he doesnt show variety as a striker like dropping off for the ball then going in space and such.....it's no coincidence that he has been changing teams he every season he speed does attract yuh but his team play and attitude reveals the kind of player he really is ...but at the end of the day his pace is still frigtening........and if he comes up against a defender who can match him for pace ala ashley cole what then

Way boy yuh real bussing down Glenn..I personally like him as  aplayer.

But he go defend heself ah suppose.

LOL

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2006, 06:21:27 PM »

he will outrun Cole and score ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2006, 07:09:04 PM »

he will outrun Cole and score ;)

he may have a point but he will further grow and learn from the last time you saw him and with the World cup coming up... we as a supporting group can look foward to a footballing standard that we've never seen before.

Not just from Glen but from ALL the fellahs.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline underrated

• New Warrior
  • never put a wishbone where a backbone should be!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2006, 02:39:27 AM »

"Basically he plays with his head down alot and he doesnt raise his head as a player to see where the support is or the space his runs are predictable and basically if you took his pace away his shortcomings as a player would be highlighted he hugs the ball alot and he doesnt show variety as a striker like dropping off for the ball then going in space and such....."

metrostars game report May 12, 2004

Glen's game-tying goal earned the MetroStars a tie as the visitors overcame a two-goal deficit late in the match. In the 90th minute midfielder Eddie Gaven curled in an early cross from the right, finding Glen cutting sharply at the near post. The Trinidadian left Onstad helpless to make the stop as he stepped over the incoming ball, flicking it inside the near post with the inside of his trailing foot.

"I was calling Eddie for the ball and I knew I just had to get a touch on it," Glenn said after the game. "I am not sure why I back-heeled it, but it was just instinct."

quoted from metrostars game report May 22,2004

cornell glen on his goal:
"My finishing was poor this week in training, so when Lisi played me the ball I just told myself to keep it simple and just hit it with the inside of my foot. I was just concentrating on getting the team the goal in any way possible."

quoted from metrostars game report July 13, 2004:

The Metros doubled their lead in the 35th minute with an attack that again originated on the right flank. Cornell Glen played a skillful ball over the top of the defenders that found Galvan Rey alone with Rough Riders' goalkeeper Dan Sirota. Galvan Rey took one touch and ripped a shot that beat Sirota to his right to give the Metros a 2-0 lead .... Two minutes later, the MetroStars almost extended their lead to two goals for the second time in the game, in the 82nd minute. Glen controlled the ball deep within MetroStars territory and in a very skillful run, evaded Rough Rider defenders, until he slid a ball across the 18-yard box to Kenny Arena. Arena controlled the ball, and fired a shot that just missed the frame. This proved to be the last scoring opportunity of the match for either team, and the Metros held on for the 2-1 victory

--
from de game reports i've provided above (http://metrostars.mlsnet.com) that doesn't sound like a dunce player that hugs de ball, plays wit his head down or constantly makes predictable runs...I remember  Bob Bradley(ex Metrostars head coach),Colin Clarke(FC Dallas head coach), Greg Andrulis(ex Columbus Crew head coach) all saying(in their own words) that" it's not just his speed....his ability to unsettle and take on defenders,shoot with or use either foot and read the game is what makes him(Cornell) a quality striker...if yuh have a better resume than any of them coaches..please send it to me ...i would love to see it 8).As for yuh comments about 'changing teams every season' for yuh information Cornell had no control over being traded to FC Dallas in 05'...his contract was one of de many things that had to be sacrificed to make de Youri Djorkaeff signing all the more possible( creating salary cap space etc.)..moving on to his time at Dallas...he pick up a ankle injury on March 1,2005 which sideline him for the remainder of de 05' pre-season and de early part of the 05' regular season(therefore he was obviously not able to cement his place in the team's starting line up for that upcoming season)then realising that he(Cornell)wasn't going to be healthy in time for the start of the 05' season..Dallas FC went out an signed Carlos Ruiz...so with him on the way an talks of another striker being signed..it became obvious that his playing minutes at Dallas were gonna be numbered(if any at all)....so doing what he figured was best for him and his carreer he asked for a trade..Columbus one of the many teams that showed interest in him during the off-season made that trade possible...another thing..i also notice in yuh statement yuh talk about 'he attitude and team play does end up showing what kind of player he really is'...I would like to know if and when have you ever been a teamate of Cornell Glen???In closing all i will say is" big man...PLEASE...before yuh open yuh mouth an rinse off a whole set ah outahtiming statements regarding de player in question....do yuh research and if you want any of he game tapes (international or club) so that yuh could witness he transition and growth as player from compre days  to present...jus link meh an i will hook yuh up.  8) :beermug:   
underrated

Offline underrated

• New Warrior
  • never put a wishbone where a backbone should be!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2006, 05:28:41 AM »

ah almost forget.....last but not least....about him coming up against a defender who can match him for pace...i go share some more behind de scenes info with yuh...he(Cornell)owns a very large video library of all the top defenders from around the world..(for argument sake he doesn't have video footage of every defender)...but the ones he doesn't have footage of,when he knows he will be coming up against them,he gets the necessary footage and internalizes that defender inside out......so to answer your question of 'what then?'...'when that time comes you go be in for a real treat'. 8) :beermug:
underrated

truetrini

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2006, 09:29:11 AM »

ah almost forget.....last but not least....about him coming up against a defender who can match him for pace...i go share some more behind de scenes info with yuh...he(Cornell)owns a very large video library of all the top defenders from around the world..(for argument sake he doesn't have video footage of every defender)...but the ones he doesn't have footage of,when he knows he will be coming up against them,he gets the necessary footage and internalizes that defender inside out......so to answer your question of 'what then?'...'when that time comes you go be in for a real treat'. 8) :beermug:

Take it easy Cornell....show we what yuh have!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2006, 07:35:05 AM »
ah wondder if glen know you have all his stats :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2006, 08:39:24 AM »
Strange that not many Centrebacks made the list. i am sure that Nesta, Rio, Pareda, Puyol, Silvestre, Lucio etc will all feel that their ability to keep pace with and cover all the before mentioned forwards more than qualifies for inclusion. As a side note whilst Kona, and both Rockes were fast for St Mary's the fastest footballer was Bonaparte, the Centreback.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2006, 01:53:12 PM »
A Russian name Blokin had Olympic speed we. He could ah play too. Rats from Russia was not easy either

Locally Steve David had blistering Speed. He use to run track for Police in the day.
Warren Archibal say no more

In my time Trevor "the train" Federicks from Point Civic and Eddy "throw way" Jones from Palo Seco.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2006, 05:10:36 PM »
A Russian name Blokin had Olympic speed we. He could ah play too. Rats from Russia was not easy either

Locally Steve David had blistering Speed. He use to run track for Police in the day.
Warren Archibal say no more

In my time Trevor "the train" Federicks from Point Civic and Eddy "throw way" Jones from Palo Seco.

!0.3 10.4 in police sports man ! steve david for me was de fastest runner. He could have taken up track if he wanted instead he chose to score goals.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2006, 06:10:29 PM »

OK Observer, give we some background about Eddy Jones nickname.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2006, 07:17:41 PM »
Locally, the fastest I see was Puckerin and Alibey. Gally used to have Alibey warming up for half and hour, so he could get lil tired because meh boy used to run down the byline and straight off the field, full speed... ;D ;D

MickeyRat

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2006, 07:20:43 PM »
Roger John  (Young Hearts)..run like dog chasing him.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2006, 07:27:17 PM »
Roger John  (Young Hearts)..run like dog chasing him.

Or the police...

Actually, I was the fastest man on Young Hearts team.. but that was Roger John game, run past defender, bullet.. net buss up.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2006, 07:35:39 PM »
yea boy anelka in his arsenal days was reel pace

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2006, 07:38:02 PM »
yea boy anelka in his arsenal days was reel pace

true.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2006, 07:40:30 PM »

OK Observer, give we some background about Eddy Jones nickname.

Observer to dam wicked. Eddy Jones play for T'dad when Vidale had the side. He use to score eh but shit dat man could miss sitter  ;D
Ah bet dat is where de name come from. One night in the Park a local shit talker buff Jones & Vidale so much, yuh know Vidale sub de man kyakkyakkyak true story The whole Park laugh when he get sub.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2006, 01:53:54 PM »
Eddy Jones played a few times for South and Trinidad. he use to score at a club level but to tell yuh the truth he use to miss some easy chances for T&T and South. People in Skinner Park use to give him real pressure. That is where he get the name "throw away" To be fair to him I think eddy Jones played better away from Skinner Park, it was not an easy venue to play in. The crowd was not easy. This was true for football abd calypso competition. Ask denise Plummer hahahha  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Top 10 Fastest Footballers in the World 2013/14
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2014, 06:03:56 PM »
The Top 10 Fastest Footballers in the World 2013/14
By Ian Stewart Palmer (ftbpro.com)

A lot of these top five and top 10 lists are based on opinion, such as the best five goalkeepers in the Premier League etc. However, this one is based on facts supplied by FIFA. According to Sepp Blatter’s organization these are the top 10 fastest footballers on the planet. I’ll give you their speeds in both kilometers and miles per hour.

1. Antonio Valencia-Man United
According to FIFA, Man United’s winger Antonio Valencia is the fastest footballer out there. The top speed for the 28-year-old Ecuadorian has been clocked at 35.2 kilometres per hour which is 21.9 miles per hour.

2. Gareth Bale-Real Madrid
Welshman Gareth Bale is now strutting his stuff over in Spain with Real Madrid rather than in the Premier League. The 24-year-old former Spur has reached 34.7 kilometres per hour which is 21.6 miles per hour.

3. Aaron Lennon-Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham’s English winger Aaron Lennon has always been a speedster down at White Hart Lane. He can reach up to 33.8 kilometres per hour which translates into 21 miles per hour.

4. Cristiano Ronaldo- Real Madrid
Portuguese international winger Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid can reach a speed of 33.6 kilometres per hour when he shifts into top gear. That’s good for 20.9 miles per hour.

5. Theo Walcott- Arsenal
English international forward Theo Walcott of Arsenal has always been known to possess better than average speed, He’s been clocked at a high of 32.7 kilometres per hour which is 20.3 miles per hour.

6. Lionel Messi-Barcelona
Lionel Messi is famous for his goal scoring ability, but the Argentine international forward who plays for Barcelona is also pretty fast. He has reached 32.5 kilometres per hour or 20.2 miles per hour.

7. Wayne Rooney-Manchester United
English international striker Wayne Rooney is quite a bit faster than he may look. Once he kicks it into top speed he’s hard to keep up with. He has been recorded at 32.1 kilometres per hour which is 19.9 miles per hour.

8. Franck Ribery-Bayern Munich
French international Franck Ribery, who plies his trade with German Bundesliga team Bayern Munich isn’t any slouch when it comes to the speed department as he’s been timed at 30.7 kilometres per hour or 19.1 miles per hour.

9. Arjen Robben-Bayern Munich
Dutch forward Arjen Robben of European and German champions Bayern Munich combines his speed and dribbling making him one of the world’s top players. He’s also reached a speed of 30.7 kilometres per hour in the past which translates to 19.1 miles per hour.

10. Alexis Sanchez-Barcelona
Barcelona's Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez kicks the ball during the UEFA Champions league football match FC Barcelona vs Ajax Amsterdam at Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona on September 18, 2013
Alexis Sanchez, is a speedy Chilean winger who plays with Spain’s Barcelona has reached a top speed of 30.1 kilometres per hour. That’s 18.7 miles per hour for the 24-year-old.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2014, 06:44:03 PM »
This is most probably not true. I know for a fact that FIFA never measured the speed of Darren "Chucky" Mitchell or Rundell Winchester (and probably not Neil Benjamin jr)  :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2014, 08:31:59 PM »
I submit, Jackson of TFC

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »
Hasley Crawford - Irving park baller real pace.

Leonson had some pace, had to track him down in his days with Bionic Bunch

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2014, 10:32:22 PM »
wat about abumeyang of dortmund....man got some wheels on him

1]; } ?>