Sports > Football

Sydney FC forced to drop Kevin Nelson signing.

Pages: (1/3) > >>

Flex:

Sydney FC forced to drop Nelson signing.
Tribalfootball News.[/size]

Visa delays have forced Sydney FC to drop plans to sign Trinidad & Tobago international striker Kevin Nelson. Sydney coach Pierre Littbarski was lining up Nelson as a replacement signing for injured forward David Zdrilic, but the week-long delay over visa paperwork scuppered the deal.
Nelson, who has fired South Melbourne into the final of Victoria's preseason Cup competition with a goal in every round, told "tribalfootball" last night: "It's very disappointing.
"It would have been an honour to play alongside Dwight Yorke for Sydney. He has already helped me get in touch with Leo Beenhakker and I feel I could have done a good job for Sydney. "Sydney wanted me and South Melbourne were happy to allow me this chance, but it wasn't to be."
Nelson, who has signed for South for this year's Victorian Premier League season, added: "Now I just want to help South win trophies and keep my name in the shop window for the A-League next season. Mr Beenhakker is also watching and I know if I continue scoring goals I'll have a chance of a call-up to the Trinidad & Tobago squad before the World Cup team is named."

Grande:

when was de last time Kevin Nelson play fuh T&T again?

skins:

I don't understand the visa delays thing. From what i comprehend. Kevin Nelson is already in Australia playing for South Melbourne which to my knowledge is already in Australia and in the A league. I think that he already have a work permit up so i guess his delays is what ( changing the employer name on the work permit application). I kind of lost.... someone please explain

morvant:

same kinda shyt happen to scotty.

all kinda fight down thing.

he go do de same ting scotty do and score in every game

dcs:

South Melbourne not in the A league....they in the Victoria Premier League.

I find it strange too....not sure what the problem is.

Hopefully another chance comes up again.

Pages: (1/3) > >>

Go to full version