March 28, 2024, 04:24:56 PM

Author Topic: South Africa seems in trouble  (Read 4809 times)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
South Africa seems in trouble
« on: January 30, 2006, 03:53:36 PM »
 Just finished watching ANC games for today. I am kinda upset with South Africa. They were discraceful whole tournament. The question for me is at the rate at which S. Africa is getting beatin in ANC and world cup qualification should they even be hosting the World Cup in 2010 at all. I mean who is next in line for them to spread their legs and bend over and take licks from teams in Africa that shouldn't be beating them at all. FIFA must investigate why South African football is such on a drastic downfall. I mean they didn't even play anything close to football. They just sit down whole tournament and collect licks. They ended the tournament with no goals scored, no points and had very very few shouts. I swear teams like St Vincent could have rape South Africa in that tournament. What a shame for African football and to make it worst they hosting it come 2010. Besides South Africa and Togo the tournament was quite competitive.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 01:29:21 PM by skins »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: South Africa Rape
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »
There's alotta time between now and 2010. Don't make such a hurried judgement call in saying they don't deserve to host the World Cup.....you're in no position to say.

Trinidad hosted the U-17 WC..........
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 04:02:46 PM »
MAYBE BEENIE MIGHT COACH THEM BACK TO THEIR OLD FORM.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 04:06:43 PM »
SA will be fine by the time 2010 rolls around.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 04:09:19 PM »
Just last year south Africa did very well in the Gold Cup

And they were in the running to the very end for world cup qualification.

Fact is they were never really ever that good.

They always qualified for world cup but never really did anything.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 04:54:59 PM »
SA will be fine by the time 2010 rolls around.

yea i believe so too.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 09:59:27 PM »
BBC SPORTS
SA president slams Bafana Bafana

We cannot be a losing nation in a way that Bafana Bafana lost in Egypt

South Africa president Thabo Mbeki
South Africa's dismal showing at the ongoing African Cup of Nations has earned a stinging rebuke from the country's president.

Thabo Mbeki accused Bafana Bafana, which failed to reach the second round of the tournament, of not defending the country's honour.

"They did not try to ensure that our country becomes a winning nation," said Mbeki in his speech to an African National Congress Youth League event in Kroonstad on Sunday.

"We cannot be a losing nation in a way that Bafana Bafana lost in Egypt."

Mbeki's comments, replayed on television and covered by local newspapers on Monday, have added to the growing discontent surrounding the national side, after the team failed to qualify for the World Cup finals in Germany.

Hosts of the 2010 World Cup finals, South Africa lost all their group C games against Guinea, Tunisia and Zambia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/4662928.stm

Early exit 'disgraces' S Africa
By Justin Pearce
BBC News website, Johannesburg

South Africa's early departure from the African Cup of Nations - beaten 2-0 by Tunisia - has been greeted with much disgust, but little surprise.

As they prepare to host the 2010 World Cup, South Africans are facing the reality of a national side that cannot even make a continental impact.

"Bye-bye Bafana! Team heads home in disgrace," was the outraged headline on The Star newspaper's sports pages.

Blame has fallen on frequent changes of coach and an inexperienced squad.

Romanian coach Ted Dumitru has been in the job only a few months.

South Africa captain Sibusiso Zuma expressed disappointment at the failure to progress beyond the group rounds, but offered the excuse that the team had not been playing together for long enough.

"We did not have enough time to understand each other and today we made a few mistakes," he said.

But commentators are unsympathetic.

"The downward slide of South African football continued unabated last night," wrote journalist Sipho Mthembu, reporting from Egypt for the Sowetan newspaper.

He pointed out that while inexperience may have cost South Africa the earlier defeat by Guinea, it could not be blamed for the loss of the Tunisia match.

"That we will never score was clear from the 25th minute when Benni McCarthy, the most experienced member of the squad, hit the upright," he wrote.

Supporters in South Africa shared the sense of frustration expressed by Mr Mthembu.

"I watched the first goal, and then gave up," muttered one disgusted TV viewer.

Downhill

As Bafana Bafana struggled through the first matches of the championship, South African Football Association president Molefi Oliphant said: "I don't want to sound defensive but remember that South Africa was re-admitted into international football in 1991."

Yet Bafana Bafana's moment of glory came a mere five years after that, with their home victory over Tunisia in the final of the 1996 Cup of Nations.

So the irony of being thrown out by a Tunisian victory 10 years later is all the more bitter - and the facts bear out the assessment that it has been downhill all the way since 1996.

The South Africans lost in the finals in 1998, and two years later went out in the semi-finals in 2000.

In 2002, Bafana Bafana got no further than the quarter-finals and in 2004 were knocked out in the first round.

Anyone who might have thought that after that, things could only get better, was proved wrong on Thursday evening.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:56:53 PM by skins »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 08:39:11 AM »
they lost all their games so far.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 10:47:12 AM »
Their side's quite young, isn't it? I think they're building for the future. They'll be OK by 2010.
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 10:54:05 AM »
nobody gonna go dere for no WC ah mean u wud have to get thousands of injections :-\

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »
i'm still trying to understand the rationale of the subject line.....'South Africa Rape' ?
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 01:28:17 PM »
i'm still trying to understand the rationale of the subject line.....'South Africa Rape' ?

Yeah i know. What i was trying to say is that South Africa went to ANC to just collect licks and be beaten ( Like someone when they get rape). I will change the topic

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 01:51:16 PM »
nobody gonna go dere for no WC ah mean u wud have to get thousands of injections :-\

don't be silly ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: South Africa seems in trouble
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 04:16:54 PM »
Boss yuh cyar see they rebuilding.  What is the sense in carrying all dem ole men to the tournament, when they ain't go be there in 2010?  Leave them.  They go get it right by the time they are hosts.

1]; } ?>