April 17, 2024, 08:02:59 PM

Author Topic: Hackett is new coach of North East Stars.  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hackett is new coach of North East Stars.
« on: February 04, 2006, 04:26:30 AM »
Hackett is new coach of North East Stars.
T&T Guardian Reports.
[/size]

National Quarries’ North East Stars have put their fate for 2006 in the hands of former National defender Miguel Hackett, who has been appointed coach for the upcoming season.
Hackett had a brief stint with North East in the latter half of the 2002 season and has also coached Defence Force, San Juan Jabloteh, and more recently, the Super League’s Crab Connection.
Stars’ owner Darryl Mahabir said Hackett signed for one-year and that he was very pleased to welcome him back into the club.
“Miguel had a pretty good stint with us in 2002, before we replaced him with the Guyanese James Mc Lean. At that time I was looking for something different—but I think its now time to give Miguel another chance.
“He has proven he can get results and we are willing to give him a shot, and we have every confidence in him,” said Mahabir.
Former coach Mc Lean, who led North East Stars to their first ever League title and F.A Cup, will remain at the Sangre Grande based club as Technical Advisor.
Hackett, a former T&T midfielder, said he was excited about the job.
“I see it as another challenge in my career, and I am looking forward to doing well. it was not easy for me to leave Crab Connection, but I see this as a real challenge.
“I personally will like to lead the club back to the top of the Pro League standings, at least in the top three and possibly win a title, as they did back in 2004,” Hackett said.
North East Stars will begin preparation for the season next week Monday at the Sangre Grande recreation ground from 4 pm.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 01:28:23 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hackett is new coach of North East Stars.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 12:48:28 PM »
thanks for this article Flex, hope Hackett can somehow inspire ah turnaround

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>