March 28, 2024, 05:54:21 PM

Author Topic: Leo completes first training camp  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Leo completes first training camp
« on: May 03, 2005, 05:48:13 PM »
Leo completes
04-May-2005 first training camp
Shaun Fuentes

National coach Leo Beenhakker concluded his first two-day live in training camp with a 27-man squad at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Tuesday.

Andre Toussaint (left) Gary Glasgow on the ball and Aurtis Seaton in training on the first day.

Aided by his assistants Theo De Jong and Wim ijsbergen  as well as Lincoln Phillips, Michael Maurice, team sports therapist Zeph Nicholas and Wayne Lawson, Beenhakker conducted two further sessions at the Arima venue on Tuesday after starting off at the Hasely Crawford Stadium the previous day. Manager Bruce Aanensen was unavailable leaving George Joseph and Sam Phillips to carry on with the managerial duties.

Beenhakker divided the players into two teams for a scrimmage on Tuesday and Anton Pierre struck home a bullet from the edge of the box while Arnold Dwarika also netted. Aurtis Seaton also showed promise and overall the players gave a solid account which Phillips also agreed with.

"We concluded our first camp and it was a very good one for me in terms of picking up the ins and outs of the players here and getting to know a bit better of what I have to work with," Beenhakker said.

The Dutch-born coach will cut the squad to  18 players for the next camp on Monday.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Leo completes first training camp
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 06:10:52 PM »
Any OBVIOUS omissions from the 18 man squad fuh next camp?

I waitin on dah one.  I believe some questions may be answered and maybe even a big surrpise omission or two might be in the offing.

What is for sure...every coach is different and will take players who "fit" within their philosophy.  For example....come hell or high water....Derek King & Dwight Yorke was gettin pick on a BSC team no matter what.  Stern John would always start and NEVER get sub no matter how he playin.

I think the players chosen for the 18 and in camps to come as the foreign players return will give us some better insight into just what Beene Man's philosophy is.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 06:15:59 PM »

Yea, that first cut go be real interesting.
We'll see if his perception of who can get the job done is different.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 08:22:27 PM »
'Los ah was thinkin Hakker or jes Leo...but the BeeneMan go wuk jes nice.

1]; } ?>