April 26, 2024, 01:52:43 AM

Author Topic: W Connection grab two Jabloteh players.  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
W Connection grab two Jabloteh players.
« on: February 10, 2006, 12:24:20 PM »
W Connection grab two Jabloteh players.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Devon Mitchell and Michael Celestine have been snapped up by Vibe CT 105 W Connection for the upcoming 2006 Pro League football season. The San Juan Jabloteh players have represented Trinidad and Tobago at the Under-23 level under coach Stuart Charles Fervier. Mitchell joined the San Juan club at the age of 21 but Celestine came up through Jabloteh’s youth programme and have spent five years there. W Connection’s President David John-Williams confirmed the transfer and said he was delighted to have the two young talented players on board. “These players are young with an enormous amount of potential. Our Technical Director Stuart Charles-Fervier has always been interested in Devon Mitchell.
We believe he has tremendous ability and we feel we may be able to get the best out of him. And we hope both players can reach their true potential,” John-Williams said. W Connection’s coach Charles-Fervier was also happy with the two recent signings. He told ttproleague.com: “These are two very young players that can be a real asset in our squad this coming season. I have worked with them both as coach of the national Under 23 team. I have always liked Devon as a striker. He is a good goal-scorer and a very penetrative type player. “As for Celestine, he is a naturally left-footed player and while he is a midfielder we will be exploring the possibilities of using him as a utility player probably as an overlapping left wing back.”
Mitchell said his ambition is to get on to the national team and he is looking for more playing time and the possibility of securing a contract overseas. “I want to open up as many opportunities for myself. I am not getting any younger and I  want to play the game at the highest level, and I hope at Connection I will be able to achieve my goals,” said the 25-year-old striker. His teammate, 24 year old Celestine expressed  similar sentiments. “As far as I see, it’s time to take my career to the next level. I experienced a bit of frustration at Jabloteh last season, not getting any first team playing time and I thought it was time for a change. I think it’s a great move for me at this time. I am going to work hard next season with Connection and hope good things come my way,” he said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>