April 25, 2024, 05:02:18 AM

Author Topic: Warner Faces expulsion over Simpaul ticket scandal.  (Read 37250 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner Faces expulsion over Simpaul ticket scandal.
« on: February 16, 2006, 10:23:23 PM »
Faces FIFA expulsion over Simpaul ticket scandal.
By: Lasana Liburd
[/size]

WARNER GUILTY.
FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser Jack Warner could be fighting for his football career after being found guilty of breaching FIFA's Code of Ethics.
FIFA, the world organising body for football, ruled through its Committee for Ethics and Fair Play on Wednesday that Warner, one of seven FIFA vice-presidents, breached its code as a result of his exclusive sale of 2006 World Cup tickets, which was deemed to be a conflict of interests.
The initial monopoly of Trinidad and Tobago's 2006 World Cup tickets by Warner's family company, Simpaul Travel Services, and his influential role within the T&TFF was the subject of an exclusive three-part series by the Express on December 25, 26 and 27, 2005 and was subsequently picked up by the world press and FIFA.
The FIFA Media Department declared that Warner, a local football administrator for over three decades, had gone too far.
The Committee for Ethics and Fair Play concluded that because of his involvement with Simpaul Travel Service in Port of Spain,"FIFA vice-president Jack A. Warner has a conflict of interest with regard to ticketing for the 2006 FIFA World Cup, and as a result, he has violated FIFA's Code of Ethics," A FIFA press release stated.
The FIFA Executive Committee will decide on a penalty on March 16-17 and, according to its own statutes, could expel Warner from FIFA.
Section three of the FIFA Code of Ethics governing "Eligibility for and removal from office" states:
"Only persons with the highest ethical principles who are willing to be bound by this Code without reservation may serve as an Official or a member of a body. Anyone who does not fulfill or ceases to fulfil these conditions shall be deemed ineligible to serve as an Official or a member of a body and, if already in office, shall be relieved of that position.
"The same applies to persons convicted of an offence that calls into question their ability to discharge their duties. Prior to being elected or appointed as an Official or a member of a body, all persons must automatically declare any interests they have that may interfere with their duties."
If FIFA invokes this clause, Warner could have the ignominy of being the first FIFA vice-president to be expelled. Already, the United National Congress (UNC) deputy political leader is the first FIFA official to be found guilty by the organisation's Code of Ethics.
Warner's cellular phone was switched off when the Express tried to contact him for comment yesterday.
T&TFF president Oliver Camps, who sold Simpaul Travel the rights to act as the local association's authorised ticket seller, maintained his silence on the matter.
"I have no comment to make at this time," said Camps yesterday.
Warner, who met with the FIFA Ethics and Fair Play Committee on his own initiative, was joined before the Committee by Turkey coach Fatih Terim. Turkey was penalised for its part in a mass brawl in its final World Cup qualifying match against Switzerland.
However, FIFA decided not to impose further sanction on Terim. Warner, who initially denied all accusations of a possible conflict of interest, did not get off so easily. Next month, Warner will learn the extent of his punishment.
A Statement from Jack Warner.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

“TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT” – A statement from Jack Warner

I returned to Trinidad and Tobago late last night after attending two FIFA meetings in Zurich. One with the Ethics and Fair Play Committee at 5:00 pm on Wednesday February 15 which I had personally summoned and another of the FIFA U17 World Cup at 9:00 am on Thursday 16 which meeting I chaired.
Since returning at 11:00 pm last night, I have been assailed by queries of various kinds by persons of all walks of life on a decision of the FIFA Ethics and Fair Play Committee.

In an effort to set the record straight, I do wish to advise the following:

1. On January 18, 2006, I wrote the FIFA General Secretary and asked him to refer the conduct of the sale and distribution of FIFA World Cup tickets “to the FIFA Ethics and Fair Play Committee and/or the FIFA Executive Committee in an effort at total transparency and moreover, to ascertain whether I have transgressed any ethical actions of any kind. Here I refer specifically to Clauses 2, 3 and 4 of the FIFA Code of Ethics prepared pursuant to Article 7 of the FIFA Statutes.”

I do wish to reiterate that the above-referenced initiative was taken by me.

2. On January 26, 2006 I asked the FIFA to send someone to do an audit of the sale and distribution of the FIFA World Cup tickets by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) and its agent Simpaul’s Travel Service. The FIFA responded in the affirmative. It is informative to note that the FIFA and the Organising Committee Germany 2006 fully agreed and accepted Simpaul’s role as authorized by the T&TFF.

I again do wish to reiterate that the above-referenced exercise was initiated by me.[

3. On Friday, 10 February, 2006 Enrique Byrom of FIFA Ticketing and Accommodation came to Trinidad to conduct the audit, which audit began the said night and was concluded in the wee hours of Sunday, February 12. The official left fully satisfied, thanked the T&TFF and us for the high level of transparency in the sale and distribution of tickets and for the cooperation given generally.

A copy of his report to the General Secretary of the FIFA, Dr. Urs Linsi is attached.

4. On Wednesday February 15th, the Ethics and Fair Play Committee met at FIFA House and on the basis of the Byrom report concluded that because of the involvement of Simpaul’s Travel Service in the sale and distribution of the FIFA World Cup tickets assigned to the T&TFF, “there has been a conflict of interest.” I asked the Committee to make the findings public and to refer the matter to the FIFA Executive Committee at its next meeting scheduled for March 16 / 17, 2006.

The above is just to set the record straight.

Respectfully submitted
Sgd Jack Austin Warner
Vice President
FIFA

Attached is the analysis of the World Cup 2006 ticketing distribution for Trinidad and Tobago as laid out by Enrique Byrom of FIFA Ticketing and Accommodation. This document was sent to FIFA General Secretary  Dr. Urs Linsi.

Dear Urs

Following our telephone conversation please find below an analysis of the ticketing distribution for Trinidad and Tobago. The total number of tickets relates to the 3 games, sometimes the number per match is different.

Sponsors of the FA (total 6 (Companies) Tickets assigned    1039

Tour Operators Local market excluding Simpauls (total 7)    1055

Simpauls          1774

Government T and T including Assembly, Tourist Dev. Agency and London High Commission        432

BWIA Graduates         150

Supporters Clubs (Luton Town UK Soca Worriers USA)    100

Commercial affiliates (i.e.) KPMG and Living Water Community   184

Several corporations and groups (63) in excess of 4 tickets per match ranging from 18 tickets to 300 over 3 matches  2167

TTFF Coaches, players and team staff      762

TTFF Staff and officials        699

Individual ticket applications, per household max 4 per match    1553

Total    9915
                                          Total assigned   10749
                                          Tickets to allocate  834

TTFF has received a total of 35,000 tickets applications they have started a waiting list to assign remaining tickets and future allocations.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Best regards
Enrique.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 04:25:20 PM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner Faces expulsion over Simpaul ticket scandal
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:25:12 PM »
This guy is blasted badmind very very badmind .  Is only at fruitful tree Dey does throw stones AT bIRDS  INTENTION WAS TO BRING DOWN JACK WARNER WITH THOSE ARTICLES NOT MAKE THE PUBLIC AWARE.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 10:26:18 PM »
Give him de cross!  ask Rotato poti!

ent fella..giv e he de cross....!

I have de f**king nails!  who bringing de hammer?

Triniman haul yuh f**king fat canadian ass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 10:30:30 PM »

lASANA BIRD WROTE THOSE ARTICLE TO BRING DOWN WARNER PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 10:32:56 PM »
This guy is blasted badmind very very badmind .  Is only at fruitful tree Dey does throw stones AT bIRDS  INTENTION WAS TO BRING DOWN JACK WARNER WITH THOSE ARTICLES NOT MAKE THE PUBLIC AWARE.

Yes its Liburd fault that warner hijack the tickets and try to sell it back to we for 30000TT
Yes its Liburd fault that warner lied about his dealings

Yuh kinda kinda stupid o what!!!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 10:37:47 PM »

Yes its Liburd fault that warner hijack the tickets and try to sell it back to we for 30000TT

Mr man what was bird intention ask yuh self to alert the tnt public about the tickets or to bring down warner. ? To alert the public about the ticket scandal all he had to do was write 1 article. But instead he did a series of article .writing some book with a next man  call FOUL .

look here bird has been on warner case long long time before this ticket shi so think again. yeah warner is worng but bird capitalize this ticket scandal  to bring him down.

His intent was to get warner

YES WARNER WE GRANNY WAS RIGHT IS ONLY AT FRUITFUL TREE THEY DOES THROW STONE.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 10:38:32 PM »

yuh lorsing yuh mind to have tuh ask if he kinda stupid/

triniman all kinda stupid..and he stalking Shakes too.

you see Liburd writing any book?

yuh never throw ah stone behind ah pot hound before?  Is only tree yuh throw stone behind?

what series?  steups de Express classify dat ah series but if yuh read it..is de same ting dey say over three days..esentially is one article cut up in 3 parts.

and show me where lasana was on warner case fuh so long?

becuase he ask questions dat needed to be asked yuh crying like ah little bitch?

go pull yuh damn head out yuh fat arse and wipe de shit out yuh eyes and see what going on..yuh dim-witted shit snake
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:41:22 PM by truetrini »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 10:38:49 PM »

HULL YUH c**t SAY THANK GOD FOR JACK IF WAS NOT FUH JACK WE WOULD AH BE REBUILDING AGAIN WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN GERMANY.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »

YOU IS AH NEXT JACKASS AGAIN WARNER WORNG BUT WHY f**kING BIRD DO THE ARTICLE TO ALERT THE PUBLIC OR TO BRING DOWN WARNER ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 10:41:16 PM »
you know why de jail full, because alot ah people think like you
AH BET YUH ASS IN GERMANY OR BACK THE WARRIORS NEXT YEAR . THANK JACK FUH THAT.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 10:41:35 PM »

HULL YUH c**t SAY THANK GOD FOR JACK IF WAS NOT FUH JACK WE WOULD AH BE REBUILDING AGAIN WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN GERMANY.

That doh give him the right to tief!!! yuh serious breds???

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 10:43:51 PM »

so wait nah we eh rebuilding now?  why yuh think we have all dem youths playing in Florida?  Yuh feel is jes fuh dem up coming youth tourneys?  read de TD's manifesto..yuh nasty ass.

Jack filling he damn pockets fuh years..now he get buss yuh oen yuh nasty pie-hole tuh defend him?  where yuh was all de time when ah was f**king he arse upp all de time?

Yuh is ah joker and everybody here know dat.

When ah see yuh ah go buss three clout in yuh dense head.

and triniman....Jack do he shit...lasansa job is tuh write articles..if Jack didnt want hard questions or tuh get expose he should keep out ah comess..yuh ingrate.

Yuh get yuh f**king GED yet?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:45:49 PM by truetrini »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 10:46:17 PM »

YOU IS AH NEXT JACKASS AGAIN WARNER WORNG BUT WHY f**kING BIRD DO THE ARTICLE TO ALERT THE PUBLIC OR TO BRING DOWN WARNER ?

is Jack went and turn heself in, and i still doubt that any will happen to him other than a slap on the wrist.  unless they try to make an example of him for the greater good of FIFA's image.

he tief he get catch, he 'might' be punished, how you go blame Liburd for that

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 10:46:56 PM »

so wait nah we eh rebuilding now?  why yuh think we have all dem youths playing in Florida?  Yuh feel is jes fuh dem up coming youth tourneys?  read de TD's manifesto..yuh nasty ass.

Jack filling he damn pockets fuh years..now he get buss yuh oen yuh nasty pie-hole tuh defend him?  where yuh was all de time when ah was f**king he arse upp all de time?

Yuh is ah joker and everybody here know dat.

When ah see yuh ah go buss three clout in yuh dense head

BOSS WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN GERMANY AND REBUILDING THAT THE FACT YOUR ASS WOULD AH BE WATCHING BAHRAIN OR panama in yuh surround sound audio home

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 10:49:12 PM »

is Jack went and turn heself in, and i still doubt that any will happen to him other than a slap on the wrist.  unless they try to make an example of him for the greater good of FIFA's image.

he tief he get catch, he 'might' be punished, how you go blame Liburd for that

Boss bird REAL INTENTION/MAIN GOAL / AGENDA/Aim was to bring down warner with them articleS.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 10:50:48 PM »
and you wouldn't be stalking Shakes ent?

Man yuh is ah real bamsee or what?

Liburd eh have nutten tuh do with Jack troubles...when yuh turn on de lights de cockroach does scatter..dat is why Jack in trouble...Liburd turn on de lights...Jack scatter..dat mean he s ah damn ka-ka roach..like you.

and what de f**k yuh mean jack have we in germany>

Yuh is ah arse or ah marble...I thought it was Tallest header.

nd if it was?  I write FIFA and penty newpapers/sites before Liburd article and Jahyouth and others did too.

If it was his aim to bring down warner den he was succesful..yuh must not hate success fella ..yuh must try to emulate

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 10:51:25 PM »
you know why de jail full, because alot ah people think like you
AH BET YUH ASS IN GERMANY OR BACK THE WARRIORS NEXT YEAR . THANK JACK FUH THAT.

you are absolutely RIGHT, SIR
but if any of dem warriors believe that jack is right to go against the rules well GOD help dem too

jack has no right to do that but lasana out to get jack with that next english man they have a book comming out name FOUL HE OUT TO GET HIS OWN COUNTRY IS LONG BEFORE THE TICKET SCANDAL HE UP WARNER ASS. THE TICKET SCANDAL JUST GIVE HIM SOME  AMMO

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 10:52:02 PM »
SO WHAT!!!
Tief need to get catch and corruption need to be exposed.

Instead of you being vex at Warner for not being on the up and up, leaving the tickets alone, being fair and honest, you vex with Liburd for writing the truth!!!

do you even think what Warner did was wrong, or you just dont care?

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 10:52:31 PM »
Well I certainly hope he succeeds. Warner is ah damn crook.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 10:55:12 PM »

If it was his aim to bring down warner den he was succesful..yuh must not hate success fella ..yuh must try to emulate

yes that was the goal  now yuh see it . ALERTING THE PUBLIC WAS ONE BUT THE MAIN MAIN AGENDA WAS TO BRING DOWN WARNER AND THATS A FACT.  

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 10:55:31 PM »
WHERE DEY TRINITY CROSS EH ?
WHERE DEY TRINITY CROSS ALLYUH WANTED TO PIN UP IN HE ASS CRACK ?

and I'll say it again.....more shit to come

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 10:57:38 PM »
MR TRINIMAN
if i break into your house and tief you out
do i not deserve to have the full extent of the law against me ???

Yes but Did warner theif out anyone.?? ah man who just give blindly to our football look at what he do for marvin lee . Yeah you alert the public to the ticket sandal.But he had intentions get him out of office.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 11:02:06 PM »
WHERE DEY TRINITY CROSS EH ?
WHERE DEY TRINITY CROSS ALLYUH WANTED TO PIN UP IN HE ASS CRACK ?

and I'll say it again.....more shit to come

haul yuh ass why the think the conservatives blow up  sponsorship scandal and  against the liberals in canada was it to alert the public yuh think or to gain power. whcih one.

hull yuh ass nuh

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 11:02:31 PM »
MR TRINIMAN

Yes but Did warner theif out anyone.?? ah man who just give blindly to our football look at what he do for marvin lee . Yeah you alert the public to the ticket sandal.But he had intentions get him out of office.

Just because you do some good, that is not yuh free pass to be evil the rest of the time.  that aint go fly on judgement day.

Triniman i cyah believe yuh trying to defend Jack in this ticket scandal, i cyah debate yuh on this nah!!!!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 11:07:54 PM »
Darling it is a prevailage to hull my ass....

Who dey ass cares bout what dey conversatives do with the liberals....we talking Jack Warner here ya jackass...or wait that name suit you well.

So Jackass you sure you ain't related to Jack's ASS ? cause you sure talking alot of shit for one person.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 11:08:17 PM »
MR TRINIMAN

Just because you do some good, that is not yuh free pass to be evil the rest of the time.  that aint go fly on judgement day.

Triniman i cyah believe yuh trying to defend Jack in this ticket scandal, i cyah debate yuh on this nah!!!!

boss i am not defending jack i am question the real reason for bird article. if you pEople think it was to alert the the public well  god help you. ALL . IT HAVE BADMIND PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD IF THEY OUT TO GET YUH BE CAREFUL AND WARNER GET CARLESS BIRD WAITED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 11:14:07 PM »

Waaay, is people like allyuh who does just sit back and allow bad things to happen. So you acknowledge that he was wrong for what he did, but you're saying he shouldn't be held accountable?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 11:22:43 PM »

Waaay, is people like allyuh who does just sit back and allow bad things to happen. So you acknowledge that he was wrong for what he did, but you're saying he shouldn't be held accountable?

I done with you people you all EH know what it is when someone out fuh YUH ASS  JUST WAITING FUH YUH TO MAKE THE WORNG MOVE.

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 11:27:47 PM »
whappen Ricky Shakes eh do nutten fuh yuh tuh report on lately?

Or yuh pick up ah new man?

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 11:41:57 PM »
well, well, well. There had to be a reason that he became so passionate about the UNC all of a sudden. That's his next step, as this chapter comes to an end. But then again, he's with familiar company. What a day, FIFA and Privy Council slap top two UNC men in one day!

1]; } ?>