April 16, 2024, 04:18:59 AM

Author Topic: Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick/Keeron Benito AXED!!-------------Under 21 news!!  (Read 9218 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Real Salt Lake today announced that the team has waived senior roster players MF Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick and FW Melvin Tarley. The club has acquired Jeff Cunningham from Columbus Crew and he surely made an immediate impact with 2 goals to help Real Salt Lake beat Kansas City 2-1 in a friendly.

http://real.saltlake.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20060217&content_id=52390&vkey=pr_rsl&fext=.jsp&team=rsl

In addition, it has been reported from a member of USF football team (University of South Florida) that  midfielder Keeron Benito has been kicked of the team for undisclosed reasons. At present, the former St Anthony's star is just "sweating" at night time with some other players from the school. Luckly, he will still have his scholarship but he would no longer be apart of the team for 2006.

Gorian Highly has been injuried since after the first meeting against Chicago Fire and has not been training with the team. Furthermore, it is reported that Gorian told some of his teammates that he did not want to come on the trip but coach Ron La Forest (who claims to be his god father) insist that he attend the camp.

In an similar injury incident, Kezi Lara has also picked up a slight injury to his right ankle but coach Ron La Forest is not having it and believes that the young star is faking.

Furthermore, team players have yet to recieve any spending money for the trip. Usually, each player is given $10-$15 US a day when on duty for the national team to take care of any expenses they so desire. However, this is not the case this time around. Players are disgusted over the matter.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 02:03:05 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hardlucks tiger!!!

yuh still large brother!

we love yuh an support yuh!!

keep fighting just like you've taught us to do.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Leslie and Marlon drop down bad bad...

Jack only paying them men 15 dollars..... lard.... de rich does get richer whe...

Benito was never on de team in the first place...

Highley on scene or what... this man eh serious, some gal have him dotish....

And why would K.Lara be faking ?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 03:56:56 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Kingman

Your contributions are much appreciated man. Keep us informed.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Real Salt Lake today announced that the team has waived senior roster players MF Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick and FW Melvin Tarley. The club has acquired Jeff Cunningham from Columbus Crew and he surely made an immediate impact with 2 goals to help Real Salt Lake beat Kansas City 2-1 in a friendly.

http://real.saltlake.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20060217&content_id=52390&vkey=pr_rsl&fext=.jsp&team=rsl

In addition, it has been reported from a member of USF football team (University of South Florida) that  midfielder Keeron Benito has been kicked of the team for undisclosed reasons. At present, the former St Anthony's star is just "sweating" at night time with some other players from the school. Luckly, he will still have his scholarship but he would no longer be apart of the team for 2006.

Gorian Highly has been injuried since after the first meeting against Chicago Fire and has not been training with the team. Furthermore, it is reported that Gorian told some of his teammates that he did not want to come on the trip but coach Ron La Forest (who claims to be his god father) insist that he attend the camp.

In an similar injury incident, Kezi Lara has also picked up a slight injury to his right ankle but coach Ron La Forest is not having it and believes that the young star is faking.

Furthermore, team players have yet to recieve any spending money for the trip. Usually, each player is given $10-$15 US a day when on duty for the national team to take care of any expenses they so desire. However, this is not the case this time around. Players are disgusted over the matter.

I am interested to find out why the youth at USF losing a year of playing time and eligibility, somebody email the asst coach Ryan Anatol he sound like he trini.

If i am not mistaken Tiger did not play much in the MLS last year at all, me thinks it might be time to head back to the Silverbacks keep fighting.

Again I am interested to find out why Highley would not want to make this trip, heck I wish i was on this trip, the reasoning behinds some of these 'revelations' is important.

Why would Lara be faking?

If the guys were indeed to be paid a daily stipend, then they should be, its all good for the coaches and TD to be good at the technical stuff but there are people skills that are just as important, as someone said in another thread 'player management'.  If the guys aint treated right they will not want to be a part of any program.
This is an area where us the so called fans can help out, every year there is a meet called Penn Relay at U Penn, teams from all over the country and the islands come and compete.  That meet is an annual trip for alot of J'cans to go support the team from back home, they collect money cook food, have gifts for the athletes, they go out of their way to take care of them.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

For real we should forget about guys like gorian higley and player like them he seem to be a hardest in  the making
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What's going on here with these players is typical of what goes on when people post things they don't know about on this forum,sometimes we don't have the facts and want to know why  players get droped or did not make team Rosters,there are and could be a number of reasons for that but because you are not the one making these decisions you can only speculate.

Now look at what's going on here,this is terrible and i'm sure there there is a lot more we not hearing about,i know what goes on because i was there before the hard part is you talk you are gone,as a Coach you must know if a player is injured or not,you think that player don't realize this is his future?the importance of these tryouts?i have nothing against Ron La we played for years together and are still good friends but he is not a Coach players really respect,although a good player in the past i'm not sure of his coaching qualifications,is he up to international standards,what's his record at that level etc

I've had to deal with disgruntled players in the past and it's not an easy thing,it cost you games,players must be free of all issues outside of the actual game that's why we have all these officials that travel with the teams,i'm sure they get paid, what are they being paid for?is it to see the world?these guys are there to take of that.I don't know for now but in my time we used to look forward to that little change they does give,sometimes that was all the spending money we used to have on a trip.

Can't understand in this day and time with all the money passing around we still having these problems,keep us informed guys we need to know what's going on.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 08:27:51 AM by Coop's »

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
King
It is good that you are keeping us informed.
Do you have any info about why Gorian did not want to make the trip? I am not prepared to prejudge the situation and start to call him Hardest II but he is developing a rep that cannot be helpful.
This whole thing about the money situation is alarming and sounds like the same old TTFF not being profeesional. How do you expect to demand professionalism from the players, when you do not display it yourself.

fabio

Tiger, i sorry to hear yuh get d axe boy. Yuh aint no skillful man but yuh use to try yuh best for Trinidad boy. I did like that!! :beermug:

Everything adding it up now. If the rumor is correct about Ron taking Benito, James and Jones to the Pan American games then we know why now. Ron probably know that Benito get axe and trying to put the man back on he foot. My problem is this would be the "so much time" that a non-active player (a player who not competing with a team at any level) would be representing Trinidad at an international level (Stephen Crookshain and Brent Rahim are two such players as well).

As for Gorian, me aint know what to say about the youth. If he doh want to play for t&t doh fight him down. He looking like a next Hardest

Coop's, yuh probably right. Who knows what really going on down dey. Kingman, ah wonder if they have like managers or player representers  down dey? Find out that for we nah. Why would the youth man be faking? And why it is yuh aint tell Gorian he faking but yuh go jumbie d youthman Ron? Doh be on that nah man.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coops:

I with you.  Men eh really know the whole story but we making questionable posts.  Be careful fellas.  On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time national team players don't get something that they were promised, if in fact, the allegations are true.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick/Keeron Benito AXED!!-------------Under 21 news!!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 09:37:42 AM »
Anatol is a trini....someone plzz try to get more details nuh

an Ratty is meh real boy buh he real slack dred........if he say sumpten like da i believe it.......... and could someone find out how much trainin he went before d camp.......dat might explain a little more

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 12:26:23 PM »

Good day Mr Coop's and Arima man, what so questionable about the post?
For your information, i personally know 4 players from the under 21 team; 4 of which is spoke to personally last night and then again this morning. If you READ my post carefully you would recognised that i mentioned that it was "REPORTED". I never made it seem that it was me who was talking or just posting something because i want to open up my arse and just talk like some of you guys on this forum.

I spoke to all 4 players, all 4 who are not that close to each other so it was not a bias allegation on no one individual's behalf. I am not a person to just post or talk things i don't know about. I know many national players from the senior team come right down to the under 17 team PERSONALLY. In addition, i know several individuals in high levels of authority with the TTFF PERSONALLY. I not boasting but i just letting you know. If i do not know something for sure i will make sure and include that it is a "rumor" or it is "reported" (or something along those lines)

Jah10, i just sent an e-mail to the assistant coach of USF to find out more on the matter with Benito. I am awaiting his response. However, it is true that Keeron Benito was kicked off the team for undisclosed reasons.

As for Gorian "ratty" Highly, he practice twice with the team in Trinidad before he came on this trip to Florida.

At present, Lincoln Phillips is down there with the team and i am about to find out from him if he knows anything about the money situation of the team and if he can address it. The reason being, players are currently wearing dirty cloths and washing there cloths in sinks since they have to pay $5 to wash their cloths in the laundry Mart (which is money they do not have). The equipment manager is taking care of the team uniform but not the team personal clothing. That is left up to the players.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 12:32:26 PM by kingman »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »
dread. trini players eh have no luck in MLS yes.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 12:38:55 PM »
Kingman your info is definitely appreciated. Keep up the good work. We cannot depend on Newspapers for info on our National teams. We need we own reporters...so thumbs up.

fabio

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 01:10:06 PM »
Kingman, i believe yuh boy. flex tell meh yuh is ah well respected man. let we know what is good all d time man. bless

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 01:16:59 PM »
Kingman with all due respects i am not hear to argue with anyboby,i am looking for information just like everybody else,if you know those guys personally that's your business and i appreciate that,all i does try to do is share my experiences with you all as an ex INTERNATIONAL PLAYER and COACH OF T&T.

I never said you don't know what you are talking about,all i'm saying is there are a lot more going on that we don't know about judging from my experiences,if you read my posts you will see that i don't attack people i try to educate,share and receive info,have fun with my fellow Trini's(my people)that's what i'm about here.All what you are taking about i've been there it's nothing new,Arima man said the same thing.Take win breds if that's what you are about.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 01:39:23 PM »
Kingman with all due respects i am not hear to argue with anyboby,i am looking for information just like everybody else,if you know those guys personally that's your business and i appreciate that,all i does try to do is share my experiences with you all as an ex INTERNATIONAL PLAYER and COACH OF T&T.

I never said you don't know what you are talking about,all i'm saying is there are a lot more going on that we don't know about judging from my experiences,if you read my posts you will see that i don't attack people i try to educate,share and receive info,have fun with my fellow Trini's(my people)that's what i'm about here.All what you are taking about i've been there it's nothing new,Arima man said the same thing.Take win breds if that's what you are about.

Coop's i respect you truely and will never try to disresect you. I was not attacking you in no disrespectful manner and i am surely not  looking for no "win" rank as well. Please understand where i am coming from. Have a good day!!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 01:46:10 PM »
 Kingman, altough i don't agree with some of your opinionated posts, you have done a great job with keeping us updated on the situation of our Under 21's...Keep it up and Well done....Bless

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 01:52:42 PM »
Kingman with all due respects i am not hear to argue with anybody,i am looking for information just like everybody else,if you know those guys personally that's your business and i appreciate that,all i does try to do is share my experiences with you all as an ex INTERNATIONAL PLAYER and COACH OF T&T.

I never said you don't know what you are talking about,all I'm saying is there are a lot more going on that we don't know about judging from my experiences,if you read my posts you will see that i don't attack people i try to educate,share and receive info,have fun with my fellow Trina's(my people)that's what I'm about here.All what you are taking about I've been there it's nothing new,Aroma man said the same thing.Take win breads if that's what you are about.

Coop's i respect you truly and will never try to disrespect you. I was not attacking you in no disrespectful manner and i am surely not  looking for no "win" rank as well. Please understand where i am coming from. Have a good day!!

So kingman when is the under 21 next game. And on the Goran hugely issue is he interested in playing for Trinidad and Tobago or not as a matter of fact  is he interested in football or not.

Any why the hell there wearing fintat is it only the senior team that get sponsored ah what
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 01:56:40 PM »
Don't mess with the Coop's.

Good info there Kingman, I appreciate the lil inside perspective but it  would be interesting to know how the coaches will respond to those observations. Keep the updates coming.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 02:04:01 PM »

that real hard for tiger dread.

and i want to know about keiron benito in USF.  if anyone gets any details.  dat my boy from since trinity days b4 he transfer to anthonys

bless

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 02:57:39 PM »
Guys i had an experience in 89 when Gally had the Strike Squad and i had the Shell Caribbean Cup squad and i feel is the same thing that is going on with this under 21 team.

It all have to do with the treatment of the players,these players after seeing the treatment that our WC squad gets they expect the same,it happened to me these players are not happy,equipment,money,transport ,food,medical etc it's one of our national teams they deserve better,we give them a hard time when they don't produce.

This is something we never had,someone that listens to players,represent them,some of these guys are afraid to talk,for fear of what's going to happen,i've listen to many a Coach talk to players they get away with it because they know these guys not going to answer them,but it's not right,without the players nobody in Football can function yet they treat them like trash.

fabio

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 03:07:22 PM »
Guys i had an experience in 89 when Gally had the Strike Squad and i had the Shell Caribbean Cup squad and i feel is the same thing that is going on with this under 21 team.

It all have to do with the treatment of the players,these players after seeing the treatment that our WC squad gets they expect the same,it happened to me these players are not happy,equipment,money,transport ,food,medical etc it's one of our national teams they deserve better,we give them a hard time when they don't produce.

This is something we never had,someone that listens to players,represent them,some of these guys are afraid to talk,for fear of what's going to happen,i've listen to many a Coach talk to players they get away with it because they know these guys not going to answer them,but it's not right,without the players nobody in Football can function yet they treat them like trash.

Gorian Highly aint fraid. He did real cuss up Brian Williams down in Palo Seco and take up he cloths and ride out :rotfl:
And look he still back on d team :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 03:10:57 PM »

Gorian Highly aint fraid. He did real cuss up Brian Williams down in Palo Seco and take up he cloths and ride out :rotfl:

Why he cuss up williams what the reason for that now? lack of dicipline no respect for elders

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2006, 05:07:45 PM »

Guys players like that will not last,he cuss Williams ,who brought him back Ron La  and where is he heading now,that's why i said these players can't talk,how you want to cuss a Coach for what ever reason and play for him,is it the tail wagging the dog?can he put that on a Resume and send it to get a contract?these players have to use their heads,these are things that will affect you where ever you go,T&T is a small place.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 05:35:37 PM »

I don't understand why that is anything to kicks about.
TnT Patriot

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006, 05:53:13 PM »
the more i hear bout highley the more i get disgusted with him...he need to use he talent man...pple wish they cudda have half he talent and they wuda probably make more use of it!
Back in Trini...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2006, 05:54:43 PM »
the more i hear bout highley the more i get disgusted with him...he need to use he talent man...pple wish they cudda have half he talent and they wuda probably make more use of it!

same thing with forbes

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 10:01:27 PM »
what was the reason for Highley not getting a contract in Scotland a couple years ago??

I've heard a lot of stories bout it buh i never really get around to askin him

and all the stories have nothing to do with his 'ability'...................all of it is off d field stuff

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 10:08:33 PM »
Wah really goin on with ratty d man gettin ah opportunity to better he football,wah he rather do stay in arima and smoke weed
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

1]; } ?>