March 28, 2024, 06:53:47 PM

Author Topic: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01  (Read 118412 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel Brown
« Reply #570 on: March 24, 2014, 05:41:54 PM »
Where is Darrel Brown?
...NAAA president says athlete out loop

Published: Monday, March 17, 2014 (T&T Guardian)
Sean Nero

He added, “We can only do what we could. There are lessons to be learnt from that. That’s all we can do right now. There are a number of things that I would not want to speak to right now. There are some findings–findings that would have led to where he is. He is not the first and he won’t be the last, but definitely, we have to try and avoid issues like that.”

This rel confuse me. So they know what going on with him, but do not want to say? They have an idea where he is but not sure? They get some gossip? He is in trouble?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 24, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »
I wonder if it is too late for DB to try his hand at football or should that be his feet?

Wonder what he is doing now? Hopefully its something constructive.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:00:03 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 01, 2014, 07:28:49 AM »
Brown beaten in Falcon 100
By Donstan Bonn (T&T Express)
Story Created: Apr 13, 2014 at 11:31 PM ECT

Men's 100m heats and final at Falcon Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6BGxsxp_wlg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6BGxsxp_wlg</a>
Go to 1:42 for last Heat with Darrel Brown followed by the Final where he placed 4th

Darrell Brown failed to live up to the preview he gave in the heats of the 13th annual Falcon Games at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain yesterday when he finished a disappointing fourth in the men’s 100 metres final.
Earlier in the day, Brown won his heat in 10.39 seconds from Codrington Elite’s American sprinter Woodrow Randall as he literally jogged alongside his rival, who also returned in 10.39.
However, when the championship clash arrived, Brown failed to fire as Randall’s Guyanese clubmate Adam Harris prevailed in a prolonged stretch duel with Abilene’s Jonathan Farinha with Randall back in third.
Harris won in 10.29 seconds with Farinha second in 10.39 Randall third in 10.46. Brown returned in 10.51 seconds.

Simplex’s Kamaria Durant took the women’s 100 metres from Alexis Love of Codrington Elite and Aaliyah Telesford of Point Fortin New Jets. Durant returned in 11.63 seconds while Love stopped the clock at 11.82 and Telesford, 11.92.

In other sprint action, Carifta-bound Micah Ballantyne of Alpha Athletics romped home in 10.68 seconds to bag gold in the Boy’s Under-20 100 metres. Zenith’s Nicholas Douglas earned silver in 10.86, with bronze going to Cordell Griffith of HSP Spartans in 10.97.

And Akanni Hislop was a facile winner of the Boys Under-18 100 metres. The Zenith sprinter did not get the best of starts but he quickly hit top gear to go past his rivals and win going away in 10.76. Dovers’ Joash Huggins had to settle for silver in 11.09 and Bevon Gordon, bronze, in 11.21.

Abilene Wildcats’ Tyler Francis captured the men’s 400m but not after a spirited stretch duel with reigning World 400-metre hurdles champion Jehue Gordon. The winner made an early move up the backstretch to come off the final bend in front but Gordon would range alongside to deliver his challenge. Francis, however, had something in reserve as he pulled away in the final 20 metres to win in 47.40 seconds. Gordon returned in 48.22 with Kemon Henry of Grenada, third in 48.49.

Neon Trackers’ Ayoka Cummings ran down the Codrington Elite pair of Najah Floyd and Chana Powell-Vinson to capture gold in the women’s 400 metres. Cummings came off the final bend in third position but would change gears in deep-stretch to gradually wear down her two rivals and prevail in 55.86 seconds. Floyd stopped the clock in 56 seconds flat for second place with her clubmate third in 56.17.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
To the most loved Trinidadian sprinter. You may not be performing but the fans still love you. Which is quite refreshing as usually trini's are quick to dump and turn on athletes. All the best to DB

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I honestly believed that if Darrel Brown makes a successful return it can be a great motivation story to youngsters to never give up on their goals and God knows trinidad is due for one of those stories. This year would be something if Renny Quow , Josanne  Lucas and DB  return to their sparkling best . I would also like to see rhonda watkins make a successful return. My Christmas wish List

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Darrel Brown continuing his 2014 comeback at the  International Twilight Games

http://www.ttnaaa.org/results/2014/twilight/

Hasely Crawford Stadium - Site License
             2014 International Twilight Games - 5/2/2014             
                Hasely Crawford Stadium, P.O.S., T'dad

Twilite Men's 110m Hurdles, Women's 100m & Men's 100m Sprints 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pEabusfGuts" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pEabusfGuts</a>
Go to 1:36 in video to see Darrel Brown in action from lane 4 in the Men's 100m Final

Event 15  Men 100 Meter Dash Invitational
============================================================================
 Meet Record: ! 10.56  5/3/2013    Ayodele Taffe, Abilene Wildcats         
    Name                    Year Team                    Finals  Wind Points
============================================================================
Finals                                                                     
  1 Thompson, Richard            Rebirth                  10.10!  1.2       
  2 Harris, Adam                 Guyana                   10.23!  1.2

3 Brown, Darrel                Rebirth                  10.31!  1.2 :thumbsup:     
  4 Woodrow, Randall             Usa                      10.42!  1.2       
  5 Constantine, John Mark       Concorde                 10.46!  1.2       
  6 Clarke, Charles              Usa                      10.49!  1.2       
  7 Ballantyne, Micah            Alpha Athletics          10.61   1.2       
  8 Bascombe, Courtney           ST Vin&Grenadine         10.69   1.2       
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:15:33 AM by Socapro »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I know this thread is a dedication to DB and the almost 11 years he has held the WJR, but this American yute Trayvon Bromell who goes to school at Baylor has already equaled the record 6 weeks ago and today ran a windy(+4.2) 9.77 to win his conference championships. He is definitely one to keep an eye on. I am all for the progression of the sport and this kid shows some serious potential.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:40:35 AM by Aviator »
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bump!!

I've heard rumours that Darell Brown is in good hands and will be coming back as strong as ever this sesaon and may even be reppin us at the World Relays in the Bahamas in early May in the 4x100m Relay.

Question is, will DB be consistently faster this season than of these four athletes?:-
Keston Bledman, Marc Burns, Rondell Sorrillo & Richard Thompson.

Who can DB displace from our recently successful Men's 4x100m Relay team that won World Relays silver and Commonwealth Games bronze last year on the world stage?

Can DB run sub-10 this season both inside and outside of T&T to show that he deserves a spot on our men's 4x1 relay team in front of one of above guys?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:45:07 PM by Socapro »

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Socapro you making me laugh, which of those four have been consistent , their performance is erratic , plus did not DB make the commonwealth team and was injured out the tournament so if they are picking then it is based on last year national championship and not names. Only Sorillo has ran anything for this year, so what are you basing your assessment on. I reach the point that I am fed up of seeing individuals run sb at national championship and the reach no where close to that on the outside. It has led to our national championship being a joke , no one take times run in Trinidad as being of any worth. He ran 9.82 a new national record and what was his best time outside of that . I am lost is it that our athletes peak for one race and then that's it. Patriotic pride clouds our judgement at times, probably is best if we only carry these athletes for relays and let other athletes run the 100. I mean they build up public expectations, and then produce nothing on the outside and we celebrate them winning relay medals. What is ironic is the elite athlete grant and public sponsorship are not given for relay performances but for individual achievements. As tax payers we need to demand better performances from our athlete. I not expecting atheltes to PR all the time but if you are a 9.8 sprinter , the least required should be 9.9's but when you go at these championships and un 10.2 and 10.1 that is unacceptable.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Socapro you making me laugh, which of those four have been consistent , their performance is erratic , plus did not DB make the commonwealth team and was injured out the tournament so if they are picking then it is based on last year national championship and not names. Only Sorillo has ran anything for this year, so what are you basing your assessment on. I reach the point that I am fed up of seeing individuals run sb at national championship and the reach no where close to that on the outside. It has led to our national championship being a joke , no one take times run in Trinidad as being of any worth. He ran 9.82 a new national record and what was his best time outside of that . I am lost is it that our athletes peak for one race and then that's it. Patriotic pride clouds our judgement at times, probably is best if we only carry these athletes for relays and let other athletes run the 100. I mean they build up public expectations, and then produce nothing on the outside and we celebrate them winning relay medals. What is ironic is the elite athlete grant and public sponsorship are not given for relay performances but for individual achievements. As tax payers we need to demand better performances from our athlete. I not expecting atheltes to PR all the time but if you are a 9.8 sprinter , the least required should be 9.9's but when you go at these championships and un 10.2 and 10.1 that is unacceptable.

All your gripping doesn't take away from my point that DB has not run faster than any of the athletes I listed on our relay team for the past few seasons nor has he been as consistent as any of them over 100m despite your critic of their 100m performances outside of T&T.

And btw RT did run a legal 9.95 (wind 1.4) last year outside of T&T at the IAAF World Challenge in Europe (see video below) but simply lost form by the CW Games. Seems to me that he peaked a bit too early and could not maintain his peak thru to the CWG but as last year was not a World Champs or Olympic year that was not as disastrous as you might want to make it out to be.

FBK 2014 100m finale 9.95 (wind 1.4) Richard THOMPSON
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKYmt50j9AY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UKYmt50j9AY</a>

With that in mind I am simply asking how do we justifiably put DB onto our highly successful 4x100m relay squad in front of Keston Bledman, Marc Burns, Rondell Sorrillo or Richard Thompson? That is the question.

I believe DB travelled with the team to the World Relays last year and did not run so I guess the management saw in practice that DB was not in as good or better sprinting condition than Bledman, Burns, Sorrillo or Thompson to be able to make the relay team in front of any of them.

I raise the issue of the World Relays because that is the first major outdoor world stage event for this year and I recall that T&T did quite well last year in copping 3 medals that included Men 4x100 silver, Women 4x100m bronze and Men 4x400m bronze. Go to this thread if you need a reminder of how well we did last year at the World Relays: 2014 IAAF World Relays: Sat.24th & Sun.25th May, Nassau, Bahamas (videos added)

Btw I based my assessment of who is most likely to make our 4x100m relay team in front of DB on how well our 4x100m relay squad did last year with the very personnel I have listed.
Also you seem to have forgotten that in addition to Sorrillo that Richard opened his 2015 outdoor season 2 weekends ago with a 200m victory.

Has DB opened his season yet to show what sort of 100m form he is in right now?
I wish DB well this season but don't see him making our Men 4x100m relay team in front of any of the guys I have listed unless one of them is injured or unavailable for World Relays due to circumstances beyond their control.

However it is all good as the stiffer the competition we have for places on our relay team is the faster our relay team is likely to perform as members strive to keep their places. No one should be able to just walk into our 4x100m relay team unless they have recently put down a legit sub-10 and can consistently beat any of the established relay team members in training.

Also fitting into our relay team chemistry by getting enough practice with the team for smooth efficient reliable baton changes is another important factor for selecting our relay team members. If someone is fast but has not practised much with the relay team then they should not automatically get a place in front of the established relay team members who have been regularly practicing with the relay team.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:53:40 AM by Socapro »

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lol socapro. I disagree with your reasoning as the facts are totally different to what occur. Firstly I chose not to mention Thompson 200 cause it was not worth mentioning cause he ran 21 something with hurricane winds behind him. I realised you left out the time he ran or the wind reading as it made your point have some value. MB who has run 10.21  his fastest in the last two years yet you putting him on a pedestal. One 9.95 clocking out of Trinidad in a whole season is failure for an athlete of Thompson class. What was the result of last year nationals.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lol socapro. I disagree with your reasoning as the facts are totally different to what occur. Firstly I chose not to mention Thompson 200 cause it was not worth mentioning cause he ran 21 something with hurricane winds behind him. I realised you left out the time he ran or the wind reading as it made your point have some value. MB who has run 10.21  his fastest in the last two years yet you putting him on a pedestal. One 9.95 clocking out of Trinidad in a whole season is failure for an athlete of Thompson class. What was the result of last year nationals.

Sorry to say this but your argument bears no logic and is totally unnecessary at this point.

If you were paying attention you would see that it was me who bumped this thread and I did so to post the info that I have heard rumours that DB is coming back strong this season and that he is likely to be part of our Men's 4x100m relay squad to Bahamas just like he was last year for the 2014 World Relays.

Now if you have a decent memory you would recall that we won silver in the Bahamas last year in the Men 4x100m relay as well as bonze at the CW Games with the same squad and in each case DB did not run.

Hence my comments that I don't see DB getting selected to our 4x100m Relay squad to run in the Bahamas in front of Keston Bledman, Marc Burns, Rondell Sorrillo or Richard Thompson is totally logical.
The only way I can see DB making our 4x100m relay squad in front of one of those guys is if one of them is injured or unavailable due to circumstances beyond their control.

Alternatively if DB can surprise everyone and open his 2015 outdoor season with a 10.17 or less like Sorrillo did before the World Relays comes around and put his name into the World Top 10 100m List and can reproduce similar form in practice for the relay team when they get to the Bahamas then maybe he will deserve a pick for the relay team in front of one of the other established successful relay team members from last year.

Btw if you want to see what the guys listed ran at our National Trials last year in comparison with DB then go here: 2014 NGC/Sagicor Open Champs: Fri.20th ~ Sun.22nd June @HCS (Event videos added)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:15:57 PM by Socapro »

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So out performing Marc burns for two years counts for nothing

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So out performing Marc burns for two years counts for nothing

Marc Burns has proven himself to be Mr Reliable and Mr Good luck as far as our 4x100m relay team is concerned.

In contrast DB has proven to be Mr Injury Prone and to be Mr Unreliable.

However if DB can open his season with a better time than Sorrillo did and can beat most of those established reliable relay team members in practice then I don't see why the management team won't pick DB to run in the Bahamas in front of Burns for arguments sake.
However if DB can't do that then Burns is my pick in front of him as far as that 4x100m relay squad is concerned any day.

Sorry but I don't want to see us losing a relay medal because Brown pulls up with another injury trying to run faster than he physically could at this early point in the 2015 season.

Wishing DB all the best this season but right now our established Men 4x100m relay squad is Bledman, Burns, Sorrillo and Thompson; Brown will have to run a world class time before the World Relays for me to believe that he deserves a pick in front of one of those established guys.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:43:50 PM by Socapro »

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am not making the argument for DB to run , but I am making the argument to have a fair basis for picking the 4x100m team that men should not be picked on name but on present performance, Yes Marc Burns have proven himself but if you using that criteria for Burns then why not for Emmanuel Callendar who have run some of our best third leg in history, We won medals at world relays and commonwealth due to RT stellar last leg performance. So my question is why are we leaving the second leg duties to Marc Burns which is the longest leg and mark 10.2s and higher have not cut it. I realised you said good luck and proven runner as his criteria for selection .It should have a clear cut procedure on picking the team so all athletes are treated fairly.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca just being very rationale about choosing the 4x100. Lets wait until DB opens.. Then we will say if he deserves a spot.

Anyone know if the NAAA is sending a mens 4X200 team? Here is who i would pick:

-Sorrillo
-Greaux
-Callendar
-Farinha

To tie this in with DB.. If Sorrilo does the 200.. Then DB will probably get picked.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca just being very rationale about choosing the 4x100. Lets wait until DB opens.. Then we will say if he deserves a spot.

Anyone know if the NAAA is sending a mens 4X200 team? Here is who i would pick:

-Sorrillo
-Greaux
-Callendar
-Farinha

To tie this in with DB.. If Sorrilo does the 200.. Then DB will probably get picked.

Farinha pulled up injured at 2015 CARIFTA in the 200m Final with a possible hamstring so I doubt he would be fit and ready to run in time for World Relays in just 2 weeks time.

I won't be surprised if our NAAA selection team decide once again not to send a Men's 4x200m relay team to the World Relays just like they did last year. After Sorrillo, I believe Lalonde Gordon is probably our best 200m sprinter right now and he may prefer to concentrate his energy on running the 4x400m depending on the timetable schedule. Quow who is also more a 400m man is probably a better 200m runner than most of those 200m guys you have listed. With regards to Callendar I don’t even think he made the top 200 in the world 200m top list last year so I have not been too impressed with him recently. http://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/sprints/200-metres/outdoor/men/senior/2014

Regards DB in the 4x100m, I already suggested that we will have to see what he opens his season with before World Relays before looking to give him a relay leg to run in front of Marc Burns. DB is too injury prone for my liking for me to pick him in front of Marc Burns to run the 2nd leg without him showing what he has to offer so far for the 2015 season in the 100m. And right now Sorrillo owns that 3rd leg based upon how Callender has been running since last year. Bledman, Burns, Sorrillo and Thompson all beat Callendar at National Trials last year and Sorrillo did so even while pulling a muscle during the final and slowing down.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:58:55 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am not making the argument for DB to run , but I am making the argument to have a fair basis for picking the 4x100m team that men should not be picked on name but on present performance, Yes Marc Burns have proven himself but if you using that criteria for Burns then why not for Emmanuel Callendar who have run some of our best third leg in history, We won medals at world relays and commonwealth due to RT stellar last leg performance. So my question is why are we leaving the second leg duties to Marc Burns which is the longest leg and mark 10.2s and higher have not cut it. I realised you said good luck and proven runner as his criteria for selection .It should have a clear cut procedure on picking the team so all athletes are treated fairly.

Addressing your statement highlighted are you aware that Bledman, Burns, Sorrillo, Thompson and Brown all defeated Callendar at National Trials last year and Sorrillo did so even while pulling a muscle during the final and slowing down?

As I said based upon recent performance rather than ancient history from many moons ago our best proven men 4x100m relay team in recent years has been Bledman, Burns, Sorrillo and Thompson.
And barring injuries right now Bledman owns the 1st leg, Sorrillo owns the 3rd leg and Thompson owns the anchor leg so the only relay leg up for debate right now is the 2nd leg with Burns. And until Brown can prove that he has fully recovered from his injury at CW Games last year by running a world class 100m time without picking up another injury, my pick for the 2nd leg is going to be Mr Reliable Burns as of right now.
I was even willing to consider Farinha on the 2nd leg as another option to Burns but as he pulled up injured in the 200m final at the 2015 CARIFTA Games recently he is no longer a viable option.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:18:50 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yes Darrel, you have the right look on your face! We need to see you in action before World Relays!

Getting back to the topic of DB deservedly running at the upcoming World Relays (in less than 2 weeks time) in the Bahamas in front of one of the recent, reliable and successful 4x100m quartet of Bledman, Burns, Sorrillo and Thompson; it will be hard for us to give DB the nod in front of one of those guys until he has opened his season and officially proves that he is not only fit and fully recovered from his CW Games injury but is also in better 100m sprinting form than one or more of those established members of our 4x100m relay squad.

After yesterday's weekend action all of the established members of our 4x100m Relay team have officially opened their 2015 outdoor seasons and have given us good justification for their relay spots come the World Relays in the Bahamas but we are yet to hear from DB who I was hoping would have officially opened his season at the President’s Classic at the HCS yesterday.

As it is it was Emmanuel Callender who opened at the President's Classic with a decent 100m time to make a good argument for him being part of the 4x100m squad to the Bahamas as a 5th or 6th back-up relay squad member in front of DB.

These are the 100m outdoor season opening times of all the established 4x100m T&T relay members:-

Keston Bledman - 9.94 (+3.4w) for 1st place at the National Training Centre in Clermont, Florida

Marc Burns - 10.17 (+0.7w) for 1st place at the Hutsell-Rosen Track in Auburn, USA

Rondel Sorrillo - 10.17 (+0.4w) for 2nd place at Florida Relays in Gainesville, Florida 

Richard Thompson - 10.04 (+1.0w) for 1st place at the Bernie Moore Track Stadium in Louisiana, USA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmanuel Callender - 10.23 (+1.7w) for 1st place at the President's Classic, HCS, PoS

We are still patiently waiting to hear from DB unless he expects to just walk into the relay team without proving that he is fit and ready and is in as good or better form than any of the 5 guys listed above.
However if we are allowed to take 6 members for the 4x100m relay squad including 2 back-up members then I don't see why Darrel Brown should not travel with the team as one of the two back-up members provided he is 100% fit and looking good in training.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:44:00 PM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.trackalerts.com/Articles/bromell-to-run-indoors/14634/

I wonder if those folks at Trackalerts.com do any back checking before writing a story. I posted this here because the writer claims that Brommell is the youngest ever World Championships medalist in the 100m. True track lovers know that Trinidad's very own Darrel Brown is the youngest ever World Championships medalist in the 100m. Brown was 18 years and about 10 months old when he won Silver in 2003. While Brommell was 20 years and 1 month old when he won Bronze.

Trackalerts journalistic integrity continues to go down the drain.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I wonder if those folks at Trackalerts.com do any back checking before writing a story. I posted this here because the writer claims that Brommell is the youngest ever World Championships medalist in the 100m. True track lovers know that Trinidad's very own Darrel Brown is the youngest ever World Championships medalist in the 100m. Brown was 18 years and about 10 months old when he won Silver in 2003. While Brommell was 20 years and 1 month old when he won Bronze.

I just posted a comment below the article addressing the misinformation.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I just posted a comment below the article addressing the misinformation.

Good work Soca

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Going back and reading the posts from 2005-2006 is very enlightening.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01
« Reply #593 on: November 01, 2015, 07:37:51 AM »
Condolences to the Brown family. Mr Winston Brown past away on Thursday. He was an active volunteer and supporter of Track and Field in Trinidad. Many will remember seeing him as a chaperone at the Carifta Games. Prayers for the family.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20151030/sports/winston-brown-passes-on

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Darrel Brown (PB 9.99) & former 100m WJR Holder Aug 2003 to June 2014 @10.01
« Reply #594 on: November 02, 2015, 07:11:11 AM »
Condolences to the Brown family.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 02, 2015, 10:28:42 AM »
Condolences to the Brown family. God Bless!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Winston Brown passes on: Sprint star’s father’s funeral next Thursday
« Reply #596 on: November 05, 2015, 03:14:44 PM »
Winston Brown passes on
Sprint star’s father’s funeral next Thursday

By Kwame Laurence, kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Published on Oct 30, 2015, 10:04 pm AST (T&T Express)

Winston Brown father of Darrel Brown former
world junior sprint champion.

Winston Brown, the father of former world junior sprint champion Darrel Brown, has died. He had been ailing, and succumbed to his illness on Thursday morning.

Brown was also the father of another sprinter, Darron Brown, as well as Coryse Felix Alcantara and Coneal Felix. He was the husband of Marilyn Jack-Brown.

Brown was known in track and field circles not only as a parent, but as a technical official as well. He was also a co-founder of the Silver Bullets Athletic Club.

The funeral service for the late Winston Brown takes place next Thursday at Belgrove's in Tacarigua. The time has not yet been confirmed.

David Prime, a teacher at El Dorado East Secondary, was coach of the El Dorado Senior Comprehensive boys' 4x100 metres team that made headlines at the 2002 Penn Relays in Pennsylvania, USA. Darrel Brown was a member of that famous “ElDo” quartet, teaming up with Dion Rodriguez, Marc Burns and Kevin Straker.

Prime told the Express that his close friend, Winston Brown also played a role in ElDo's success.
“On behalf of El Dorado, we extend our condolences to his family and our gratitude to Winston. He was there with me as an official, taking the winning team to Penn Relays in 2001 and 2002. He travelled as the chaperone. Papa Brown was very helpful, and was also instrumental with the fund-raising efforts to get the team to Pennsylvania.”
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 04:07:38 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NAAA extends condolences on Brown’s passing
« Reply #597 on: November 05, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »
NAAA extends condolences on Brown’s passing
Published on Nov 2, 2015, 7:02 pm AST (T&T Express)

PASSED AWAY: Winston Brown

The National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA) has sent its condolences to former world junior sprint champion Darrel Brown and his family. The Trinidad and Tobago track star's father, Winston Brown passed away last Thursday.

In a press release, yesterday, NAAA general secretary Allan Baboolal acknowledged the contribution of the elder Brown to athletics here in T&T.

“It is with great sadness that the athletic family reaches out to Mr Darrel Brown on the death of his father, Winston Brown. Death is always a time of great sorrow, and on behalf of all members of the National Association of Athletics Administrations of Trinidad and Tobago, we wish to extend our deepest condolences to the family.

“Mr (Winston) Brown was an ardent supporter of track and field and was always eager to assist in any way possible at our events. He will be truly missed.”

Brown's funeral service takes place on Thursday at Belgrove's in Tacarigua, starting at noon.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:48:06 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>