March 29, 2024, 07:32:19 AM

Author Topic: Gays Thread.  (Read 243360 times)

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Gays Thread.
« on: February 27, 2006, 09:22:31 AM »
Thread dealing with LGBTQIA issues

Footballer offers to "cure" lesbian MSP
by Marc Soffman (pinknews.co.uk)

The Ibrox defender, who is a devout Christian, labelled gays "an abomination"

27-Feb-2006
Marc Shoffman

A footballer in Scotland has been criticised over comments about gays and lesbians.

Gay groups voiced concern over Rangers and Trinidad and Tobago star player, Marvin Andrews, after he said his church could “cure” lesbian Liberal Democrat MSP Margaret Smith, who announced her civil partnership plans last week.

The Ibrox defender, who is a devout Christian, labelled gays "an abomination" and said, "There is a demon in their spirits, their spirits are ill. But God can help them through his church and anyone who doubts this can check the bible."

Gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell told the Mirror: "The Scottish Football Association (SFA) must discipline him for stirring up hate and prejudice. If a footballer made similar remarks about blacks or Asians they would face serious disciplinary action.”

"The same should apply to those who encourage prejudice and discrimination against gays and lesbians."

Rangers football club declined to comment.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:18:06 AM by Flex »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Andrews offers to "cure" lesbian MSP
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 09:25:47 AM »
Not sure if he shoulda go there   :-X

In any case they can't discipline him for stating his beliefs....he just repeating what the bible say (his church's interpretation at least)

When I see the headline I thought he was offering a different kinda cure   :rotfl:

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 09:27:42 AM »
hmmm look trouble now...those gay groups go jump on these comments...
Back in Trini...

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 09:29:24 AM »

In any case they can't discipline him for stating his beliefs....he just repeating what the bible say (his church's interpretation at least)

When I see the headline I thought he was offering a different kinda cure   :rotfl:

Well this might be pressure here for "Dog" yuh know.  Let we see if he will still be in Scotland after the world cup.  The Gay mafia takin over yuh know and the have people in high places.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 09:30:04 AM »
eman i wouldn't lie. Where you does find these articles. Anyway Marvin shouldn't make a bold comment like that in public. I know for sure what he saying is the truth but let the lord deal with the people for now. You go have enough time after football days done to become a minister of the lord.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 09:34:32 AM »
Him church cya cure dem.. Bring dem Lesbians cum ..a peer backshot fi dem I gurantee I curing dem lesbians astivities.  warmonga does mek lesbian tun Dick freak.. tru mi!!!!!!!!!!!! De man preaching Bible talk ..No man fi f**k a batty and no gal fi suk Possy.  Yu a battybwoy why yu sey de man shouldnt mek dem remarks?.. De pope does mek dem remarks...
warmonga..
battybowy Tatchel fi bun in hell .  him and his outrage group could go f**k OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
battyman fi dead !!!!!!!
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 09:50:43 AM »

Me too. LOL
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 09:53:41 AM »
bad move Dog........bad move......stick to football.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 09:58:47 AM »
keep ah cool head dread.de man up above doh sleep.everybody will answer for their actions one day.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Swomp

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 10:08:08 AM »
support dog 200%...MORE FYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 10:22:50 AM »
I Agree wit Dog 100% , Fyah for d bullaman....DAT COMMENT MADE BY THE GAY RIGHTS REPESETATIVE IS BULLSHIT, People are born without the choice of being White , Black ,Asian ,Indian you are not born gay asshole......thats your choice ...ne ways GUD LUCK T&T Against Iceland I predict 

T&T 3 -0 Iceland

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 10:25:37 AM »
It is very right and just to speak out against any abomination against GOD. All demons will take their flight at the Name of JESUS. My prayers are with this man because I believe that GOD is with him, and "IF GOD is for you , then that is more than the whole world against you".
:devil: YOU WILL GET A BEAT DOWN IF YOU MESS WITH THIS MAN!!!
Remember! this Christian brother put his entire career on the line with his knee injury...trusting that the Almighty would take care of him...and he did. In fact he was Blessed at the end of the season by being voted the team's player of the year.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS! :)
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 10:29:17 AM »
I Agree wit Dog 100% , Fyah for d bullaman....DAT COMMENT MADE BY THE GAY RIGHTS REPESETATIVE IS BULLSHIT, People are born without the choice of being White , Black ,Asian ,Indian you are not born gay asshole......thats your choice ...ne ways GUD LUCK T&T Against Iceland I predict 

T&T 3 -0 Iceland
There are areas of "people activity" that are not governed by "faith". Imperical evidence to suggest that homosexuality is universally an individual choice does not exist. To state that assertion as fact, is to not fully understand or appreciate the anomalies in human biology.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 10:31:23 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 10:33:13 AM »
[quote
There are areas of "people activity" that are not governed by "faith". Imperical evidence to suggest that homosexuality is universally an individual choice does not exist. To state that assertion as fact, is to not fully understand or appreciate the anomalies in human biology.

what!!!??1!???  ???

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 10:37:43 AM »
That is a no-no .  Dog might have his opionion, but Rangers are a professional organization that has to practice tolerance and not discriminate against certain subsets.  Thers is no way they can back him up, or even condone what he said, because it is not "politically corect."  He could get ah fine for this, but tht is Dog, and he probably willing to take a fine for whar he said, cause that is what he believes.  He is a man of conviction.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 10:41:02 AM »

T&T 3 -0 Iceland

how do you know that gay people aren't born gay ?

This thread causin' men to stray from the topic of football.......

It's one thing to have an opinion on whether or not Dog shoulda said what he said, but discussing the morality of homosexuality and religion is for another forum...........

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 10:43:41 AM »
Nah kicker u cyah be serious , "People are born Gay" daz wah u feel culd happen , steups , bess yuh humble yuhself an 4 get dis thread an back 2 d football

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »
Yuh know when yuh in the public eye, if yuh say ice cream doh taste good, it causing all kinda backlash, so it might be better to bite your tongue and just play ball

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 10:50:23 AM »
this thread Turing into shit talk, but Kicker is right.
WE did an amino for our first  child and before we had to go to a genetic counselling class.
Fact is if a child is born with an extra  X or Y chromosome in one of the strings (23rd I think),,,,the child will be gay no matter what you teach it

If allyuh eh want to believe i eh care, stay with allyuh ways
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 10:56:35 AM by ricky »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 10:53:54 AM »
Nah kicker u cyah be serious , "People are born Gay" daz wah u feel culd happen , steups , bess yuh humble yuhself an 4 get dis thread an back 2 d football

Is not about what I feel could happen........I don't know about that kinda thing, so I can't comment.........and neither do you so you humble yuhself.......and yes I agree back to football...

easy
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 10:55:40 AM by kicker »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 11:21:24 AM »

Is not about what I feel could happen........I don't know about that kinda thing, so I can't comment.........and neither do you so you humble yuhself.......and yes I agree back to football...

easy
well said kicker...showing true intelligence
Back in Trini...

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 12:37:38 PM »
Allyuh see that Fella Dog....He is a special fella.  People should be careful what they say or try to do to him.  To add football back in the mix.  If you kick a ball it does roll. If you throw it up it comin down.  The Bible clear about homosexuality it is an abomination in God's sight.  And everybody who choose this life or support it going to hell (a real place).  Man could talk bout x& y all they want but here is the cause of this behavior Romans 1:18-32........Read it and remember it.  When the truth stays silent people hear the lie.....Big up Dog...Ah hope ah meet you one day....Your Father proud sah....

P.S. i not advocating hating Homosexuals....But they must know that that life style is unacceptable....
Blessing
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 12:50:28 PM »
dog is ah madman to go public with dis.....me eh saying he wrong to have he(my)own beliefs, but in dis day an age(political correctness nah)he needs to be a lil more circumspect in talking out against dem kinda ting, ah doh no if it different in Britain, but here in the US, bredda man, he woulda done be organizing to link up with jabloteh or w-connection ahready....oh by de way, dis is my insight, as ah man livin in the US for 10-plus years...tink ah lie, yuh could go an ask the ole Shabba Ranks bout dem ting dey so....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2006, 12:51:15 PM »
ah feel deeply offended by the fact that they r trying to compare statements against blacks and asians to the  statements dog make.
is demons in there spirits yes. how can a man watch a woman and turn to another  man steupsssssss Dog speak d truth and shame d devil.

P.S hating gay activities is not hating gays
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 01:13:57 PM »
The world just is full hypocrites and parasites. All of a sudden political correctness is the name of the game. Dog just said what he believed. He didn't promote violence against gays he just said that what they do is wrong. So all of these little political groups have suddenly become sacrosanct and you can never say or do anything to offend anybody. That is very the antithesis of freedom. If I believe in something I have a right to express that belief without fear of prejudice. Membership to any organisation, business team etc. does not preclude individual rights.

In any case everybody should know Dog is devoutly religious and would know that these are his feelings anyway. Rangers might buss he throat for it but so what. You can't have anymore. Steups

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »
lol its a joke ting, first they jail a fella for sayin the holocaust didnt happen, but people can insalt the muslim faith, race hate groups can insite hatred but get off, but dog cant offer to cure a lesbian  ??? the world has become a joke. fuk dem all, say wat u want wen u want and who dont like it can piss off. if man diss gays, blacks asians, jews, muslims, people wid 3 legs i couldnt give a shit. these days its freedom of speach until u say the wrong ting, makes rel sense  ::)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 01:30:12 PM »

Bad timing.
How did that question even come up?  Was it a reporter chooking fire?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »
I feel that in a couple more pages this thread will be mindblowing.

I am really surprised to see how prevalent the anti-gay sentiment is here.

Suffice it to say that Dog is entitled to his religion and his opinion, but that doesn't change the fact that what he said is a verbal attack on a group of people.

And the analogies to race discrimination are reasonable. Gays are discriminated against by non-gays just as blacks are by non-blacks.

When the DC united coach made a statement about africans it was a problem for us here...he was stating his beliefs. When the KKK state their beliefs we say they are wrong and call them ignorant. How is it different when Dog calls people abominations and possessed by the devil.

He has the right to say what he wants but people will be more than right to jam him (and he will get jammed).

Dog is a devout religious man, which is great, but I am sure that there are lessons in the Bible that instruct you to let people do their own thing and leave judgement of them up to God.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 01:43:19 PM »
this thread Turing into shit talk, but Kicker is right.
WE did an amino for our first  child and before we had to go to a genetic counselling class.
Fact is if a child is born with an extra  X or Y chromosome in one of the strings (23rd I think),,,,the child will be gay no matter what you teach it

If allyuh eh want to believe i eh care, stay with allyuh ways

Horse, get back yuh money for that class boss. They teach yuh tata. That shit hasnt been proven yet.

Dog real real wrong for sayin them things as a professional. They does ban sizzla and capleton concerts right thru in them parts. Dog go get some backlash for sure..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 01:46:19 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 01:44:11 PM »
I aint mad at Dog however All actions have reactions.   A man can speak his mind but he must be at the same time taking account so that he dont get ahead of himself. No feelings of remorse then I celebrate with yuh but if yuh bawlin after the fact, ah go wonder if yuh was thinking in stereo when yuh say wha yuh say.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>