March 28, 2024, 04:10:47 AM

Author Topic: Keep Beenie  (Read 5305 times)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keep Beenie
« on: March 01, 2006, 02:04:16 PM »
Well we goin to Germany and the WC for the first time. I think we have accomplished our first goal. The next is to represent well before the world.  But we have to start thinking 2010.  With Beenie's contract up after the WC is it too early to start a Keep Beenie campaign.  Ah don't want no sqaubblin and firin again in the middke of the qualifications and that starts in two years.  So leh we start to put pressure on Jack and the jokers in the TTFF to make ah early statement to keep Beenie and begin early preparations.   Ah cyar take another heart attack get beat and tied by Grenada, Barbados and Guyaan.  What you all think?  Go Warriors and leh we Vibes it up!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keep Beenie
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 02:28:36 PM »
prob is beenie salary - d man demands alot of money

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 02:36:51 PM »
Question is not if we should keep Beenie after the World Cup but if the TTFF can afford to keep him! You know Beenie's hiring price is likely to go up after the World Cup don't you as he will be in higher demand!
I say we start/continue grooming ah local coach from now unless Beenie is interested in staying and is willing to keep his price within the boundaries of what T&T can afford.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 02:49:19 PM »
The problem here is cost:

$800,000 a month

Aside from WC qualifying and the WC itself, that type of salary cannot be justifed economically for our regular national football program. Even in WC qualifying times it is a bit of a high price to pay...there is no doubt about its rewards....

The true test is first figuring out how much we or let me rephrase...TTFF wants to spend and den trying to get the best that amount of money can buy...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline nutmegthruyuhleg

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • World Cup 2010
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 02:58:41 PM »
Keeping Leo is not going to happen.

He's surely going to get sweep up by some big side.

His stock is going to be high after the WC and the price of his services also.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 03:01:37 PM »
The government has the money to spend on him, whether they'll give money to the TTFF is another story.

Offline nutmegthruyuhleg

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • World Cup 2010
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 03:04:30 PM »
The government has the money to spend on him, whether they'll give money to the TTFF is another story.

With the political tomfoolery taking place in this country, that is not likely to happen.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 03:04:49 PM »
Everybody was laughin when Jack get in troubl ewith FIFA
Let's see what kinda coach we can attract and afford after the WC
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 03:07:40 PM »
We burn that much nd more in bobol every month.  How much millions deh tief builin dah airport alone and oil price goin up.  Poorer countries than we spend that much which will have big payback in morale, tourism, ads and overall ethic. Ah know the price go be high but we already spend on the infrastucture - stadia (and bobol they too).

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 03:15:20 PM »
Paying Beenie is one thing, if he want to stay another 4 years in T&T is a different story. If he want to stay pay him the blasted money... Good thing not cheap and cheap ting not good...
If the government decide to tief 15% less than last year we could pay beenie and have some changeleftover to pass on to the warrior nation

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 03:26:17 PM »
Samo, ah love how you thinkin'.  das the ting self! Tief less and beg Beenie

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 03:32:30 PM »
beenie asks alot?

hmmmmm maybe das because it only tek he a few months to get us into Germany.

Go ask de Bahrainies if dey would take up on a Beenie deal.

De man is ah gem.

Doh let he outa we sight.

We need to keep dat man right hear for as long as he stilll has air in his bless'ed lungs.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 05:59:52 PM »
well with the money from tnt in the WC and WC tv rights.....of course we can afford him....plus the govt...dey done see the benifits....bullshit,,,we can afford him
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 06:03:14 PM »

what jack have tuh do with beenie staying fella?

educate me nah..ah begging.

Steups.

jack is NOT a saviour breds,,,he is no saint, nor is he some benefactor like some making him out tuh be.

he making money from T&T football fuh years and all de does do is re-invest a SMALL portion in de football tuh ensure he keep making!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 06:35:45 PM »
I am sure everybody what Beenie to stay but is it really possible?  All things are possible but some things are highly improbable.  My reasons for saying that are
 1) Beenie's salary..paying that for the next 4 years will be very difficult unless the government and others step forward...it easy for ppl to say the government should pay it but think about that idea carefully..if his salary is really $800,000TT a month ( as posted by someone...I don't know if this is correct or not)...we looking at approximately 38 million TT over 4 years...I doubt any government whether it is UNC or PNM will be willing to spend that amount of money when there is no guarantee of qualification for WC 2010....Personally I believe with Beenie as coach, we will qualify again in 2010 but I am just a fan of the team and Beenie..I am not the government.
2) The other reason, Beenie don't stay in a job very long, he is always on the move..so another question is if Beenie will want to stay as coach even if we find the money...It certainly would not be a problem for him to get a job elsewhere that pays him well after the WC.

So i agree that we should keep Beenie but is it really possible.  If it is, then great for our football..if it is not possible, then the TTFF should have a very good plan in place, and I don't mean hire BSC as coach, wait till we have 1 pt from 3 games in the Hex and then look to hire another big name coach.

Just my humble opinion.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 06:42:50 PM »

I am sure everybody what Beenie to stay but is it really possible?  All things are possible but some things are highly improbable.  My reasons for saying that are
1) Beenie's salary..paying that for the next 4 years will be very difficult unless the government and others step forward...it easy for ppl to say the government should pay it but think about that idea carefully..if his salary is really $800,000TT a month ( as posted by someone...I don't know if this is correct or not)...we looking at approximately 38 million TT over 4 years...I doubt any government whether it is UNC or PNM will be willing to spend that amount of money when there is no guarantee of qualification for WC 2010....Personally I believe with Beenie as coach, we will qualify again in 2010 but I am just a fan of the team and Beenie..I am not the government.
2) The other reason, Beenie don't stay in a job very long, he is always on the move..so another question is if Beenie will want to stay as coach even if we find the money...It certainly would not be a problem for him to get a job elsewhere that pays him well after the WC.

So i agree that we should keep Beenie but is it really possible.  If it is, then great for our football..if it is not possible, then the TTFF should have a very good plan in place, and I don't mean hire BSC as coach, wait till we have 1 pt from 3 games in the Hex and then look to hire another big name coach.

Just my humble opinion.

i couldn't agree with you more
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 11:46:58 PM »
Beenie done eying down the England job and we eh even play demm yet.

After that Iceland game I was real wondering what state we go be in if this man just braps and gone.
Could we survive that or we go be dead?

So after WC done we starting over from scratch?
How much of Lincolns plans can we expect to benefit from or would it be too early?

Anyway...keep the man as long as you can but I eh think we could afford him a whole 4 years before the next WC.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 12:04:58 AM »
keep beenie? is whether beenie keepin we when dem saudi offer him a multi million contract :o

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 03:45:51 AM »

what jack have tuh do with beenie staying fella?

educate me nah..ah begging.

Steups.

jack is NOT a saviour breds,,,he is no saint, nor is he some benefactor like some making him out tuh be.

he making money from T&T football fuh years and all de does do is re-invest a SMALL portion in de football tuh ensure he keep making!

marcos is one square head jackass.

stewps.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 06:16:41 AM »
$800,000TT is small change compared to what Sven Ericcson getting as manager and Sven WAXING ting left right and centre...Beenie aint even get a nice whine for Carnival..
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 06:33:02 AM »
Do we want to get to the next World Cup or not and what are we willing to do to get there? You can't expect to invest ten cents and get a million dollars back. I think Beenhakker should be asked to stay on. We are very wealthy country we CAN PAY HIM. There will come a time when we won't need him but that time has not yet arrived.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:39:15 AM by lihalquay »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 07:08:20 AM »
my prediction...don leo will work for 2010 host  south africa....and wim ( tnt assistant) will be in charge on tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 07:16:42 AM »
Keep in mind that the man might just want to retire so all this talk will be a mute point

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 07:29:29 AM »
We all on this site because we are football fans. We love we Soca Warriors.

But that said, we are Trinidadians so I have to ask this:

Is it really justified to pay Beenie Man $800 000 a month ($38 Million - as someone calculated above) over 4 years when we have so many other social and economic problems in T&T?

I mean, I love my Warriors, but if I had that money to spend, I don;t know that I could spend it all on football when schools are in the state they are, police stations are falling apart, etc., etc.

The other thing is, if we paying Beenie that money after the WC, for four years, obviously, he will HAVE to be in Trini, developing local talent during that time. Is Beenie prepared to live in Trinidad year-round?
Toujour Pret!

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 07:36:50 AM »
D gov't wasting so much money ah year dey should b able to help pay beenie's salary,,,,,,
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 07:59:05 AM »
It would be splendid to keep him. However, i am sure money is an issue. But hopefully we can work something out.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 08:06:42 AM »
I don't think money is the issue. I think the issue is that we are going to spend money on something that we will only see the benefits of in four years time. The Trini is very short sighted LONG TERM PLANNING is not in our vocabulary. We don't mind spending milions and millions of dollars on buildings so that people can look at and marvel..however spending that on people has always been a problem with us.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 10:59:22 AM »
I don;t know that I could spend it all on football when schools are in the state they are, police stations are falling apart, etc., etc.
Money or lack there of is NOT the reason those things in a mess.
We have more money than we know what to do with.
Having said that I would rather pump that same money into LP's programs....assuming is only so much money would be directed toward football.
Qualifying for WC2010 should come from work done mostly with the U21 & U23 squads not just the senior team.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 11:57:39 AM »
I don't think money is the issue. I think the issue is that we are going to spend money on something that we will only see the benefits of in four years time. The Trini is very short sighted LONG TERM PLANNING is not in our vocabulary. We don't mind spending milions and millions of dollars on buildings so that people can look at and marvel..however spending that on people has always been a problem with us.

I particularly like the part that Trinis have short term vision and like to invest in tangible things.  When come to long term we does get a little scared, particlularly if is nothing something we could actually touch when the time reach.

I could be presumptious...but play along for now....What I am sensing from the board members is a need for a good/recognised coach who can develop local football over the next four years to a standard that would guarantee qualification for the WC2010......

What we have to be aware of is that Beenie was hired for a particular price, to do a particular job over, a particular period...which is $800,000TT, to try and get TT to qualify for the 2006 WC, within the period of seven odd games.  He accomplished what was set before him.

The contract was extended (same price I believe) firstly for the two playoffs, and then for the duration leading up to the WC.

You would not have seen Beenie training any of the other national teams or college teams or whatnot.  That was not his mandate.  Beenie didn't have to teach the team how to trap ball and get fit.  Basically, he was not here to DEVELOP FOOTBALL IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.  There were others who were assigned those tasks.  Beenie had to be exceptional in preparing the specific team to for a specific tournament.  Coaches like Beenie and Sven and Hiddink and dem fellas don't develop players just so.  They take a seasoned pro and chisel him to suit the finish that they want.

If we talking long term objectives, like in 2010, then the particulars and conditions of his employment will change including the price...could be more, could be less, who knows ?  So we wasting time trying to figure out how much the gov't could or can't afford and who tiefing.  

TTFF have to do the needful by sitting with all the affiliations and come up with a game plan for 2010....and I think that is what LP has been doing for some time now, hence that 2010 project he talking about.  I could be wrong but I was hearing something about Corneal was to be Beenie understudy and after the WC, he would table his learnings for the rest of the local coaches to enhance their repertoir I suppose.  So who knows, maybe we might just have to hire Beenie for six months in 2009  ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 08:27:48 PM »
Everyone has excellent points. Justifying that output on Beenie really can't be done. It have other sports in the country as well as other areas that need work.

Secondly, I don't think that Beenie would stay after the WC. If he wanted to I don't think we could afford him especially when we prove our merit. Right now reporters asking him bout the Eng job. Might be on kicks but it shows that he has opened some eyes.

I think if we want to actually be contenders every four years then we need to develop local coaches. If this development strategy means we don't make the next cup then it is a hard pill to swallow but that is what we will have to do.

LONG TERM.  ;D
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>