April 22, 2024, 10:23:15 PM

Author Topic: New Era to honour heroes  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New Era to honour heroes
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:35:16 AM »
New Era to honour heroes.
Trinidad Newsday.

An organisation called New Era Incorporated Company Limited (NEI) is planning “A Tribute to Legends of Soccer —  An Evening of Honour” at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. Their plan include a match-up between the Strike Squad and the USA squad for World Cup Italia ‘90 —  the November 19 rematch. And already, Taylor and his organisation which include Carl Goodridge and Hayden John have contacted Desmond Armstrong co-ordinator of Team USA who confirmed their participation. In their April 9 venture, NEI headed by attorney Peter AC Taylor plans to pay homage to past and present national football heroes between 1966 to the current period. According to Taylor, NEI propose to honour World Cup players from the 1966, 1974, 1990 and current eras with special customised medals.
Added to the feature match will be an encounter between an Intercol XI and a national Under-16 team. The organisers will also put on a cultural show featuring Maximus Dan, Iwer George, Ronnie McIntosh and other leading soca artistes along with steelband, tassa drummers and moko jumbies. To this end, NEI have been in contact with officials at the Ministry of Community Development, Culture and Gender Affairs and leading corporate sponsors. NEI have also produced a fund-raising proposal called “World Cup 2006 and Beyond.” This is to recognise the contributions made by national heroes, football in particular, with an objective to honour past and present pioneers, to mobilise national and regional support for the Soca Warriors on their journey to Germany and to further promote and develop football among the youth.
At their awards ceremony, NEI propose to make a presentation to FIFA vice-president Jack Warner for his outstanding contribution and tireless devotion to the development of football throughout Trinidad and Tobago and the wider Caribbean. And NEI propose to invite President of the Republic Professor George Maxwell Richards to make the presentation to Warner. Invitations are also to be sent to Brian Lara, Wendy Fitzwilliam, Giselle La Ronde West, Hasely Crawford and Janelle “Penny” Commissiong who will make presentations of medals to the honourees. The entire package is intended to set the stage for the Soca Warriors farewell match against Peru on May 10, which NEI said will be a fitting climax before the team’s departure for Germany.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 02:15:33 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
Re: New Era to honour heroes
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:09:26 AM »
When i saw New Era, i thought i was going to get a T&T fitted cap... The idea sounds good enough, plenty of those guys will have to dust off the cobweb from their boots.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Era to honour heroes
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 12:51:19 PM »
Why didn't the TTFF do this. Men was aking if we get rid of the current executive who will step up and take over. These men get my vote. They already show more initiative that the TTFF did over the last 10 years.  :applause: :thumbsup:
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>