March 28, 2024, 01:00:03 PM

Author Topic: Can anyone Name the only player to ever score a hat-trick in a World Cup Final.  (Read 12825 times)

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
The player's name is G.... ..r..
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Geoff hurst for england 1966 against germany i believe

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

yuh sure is not G... H.... ?

Edit: Yeah Ngozi right
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
damn i was hoping no one had answered.

meh father has been telling me that on the occassion on an england international for my whole life.

funny it never crosses his mind i actually do know.

infact when is the next England international.

Is it the same one against jamaica?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
de man really score 2 goals, de one dat hit de under-side ah de bar and sriker de goal line should not have counted, but say wah, so it says in de history books...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Fill in the dots boss...the G is for Geoff as in G.... and the ..r.. = HUrST. Count the dots

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And the winner is Ngozi, you win nothing. I have a couple more that i'll post soon, just have to do some research on them first.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Fill in the dots boss...the G is for Geoff as in G.... and the ..r.. = HUrST. Count the dots

Ha ha ha oh shit... is ah count de dots game?!!

Fatz yuh trying to damage man eyesight

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'll put underscores for the next challenge.....IT COULD BE YOUR TURN TO WIN!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting lil piece on Hurst's third goal in the hattrick:

He said that he knew the clock was winding down and when the ball bounced in front of him on the half volley, he really meant to hit it as hard and high as possible into the stands to kill off some more of the clock (in those days there was only one game ball)....... Ended up being a cracker into the roof of the net.

I'm not sure but I think Maurice Alibey used the same explanation for a shot of his against Elsalvador from inside the 6 yard box. Unlike Hurst, Alibey achieved his objective......

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John

T&T vs Brazil, 2006 Final.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
lol i like dat grande......buh brazil eh reachin no final

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
what make yuh say that Small Mag?

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i just tink dey have way 2 much pressure on dem 

i like dem buh i have a feeling dey eh making it far

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The youth have a point  I feel the same way talented like crazy but they go lapse in  one game and not make it i feel

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Interesting lil piece on Hurst's third goal in the hattrick:

He said that he knew the clock was winding down and when the ball bounced in front of him on the half volley, he really meant to hit it as hard and high as possible into the stands to kill off some more of the clock (in those days there was only one game ball)....... Ended up being a cracker into the roof of the net.

I'm not sure but I think Maurice Alibey used the same explanation for a shot of his against Elsalvador from inside the 6 yard box. Unlike Hurst, Alibey achieved his objective......

Maurice Alibey for the victory boy  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lard
you kill meh dey yes
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Alibey was shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*t in front a goal boy
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alibey was so notorious, anytime we hit a ball overbars it was an Alibey.

I hear he was good previously though.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alibey was so notorious, anytime we hit a ball overbars it STILL IS an Alibey.

fixed

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I hope de man doh come on dis site.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Alibey was so notorious, anytime we hit a ball overbars it was an Alibey.

yeah everytime yuh kick ah ball overbars it was called an Alibey and I'm not suprised they still calling it that....I dont think that will ever change with Trini football  ;D.......but ah hear that Alibey used to be real good and score real goal though

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah, allas (Alibey) throw plenty goal fuh trini and Barataria Ball Players, but he was a good baller, jus had occasional poor finishing skill

Was excellent on de wing, burst of speed at a split second, and would cause havoc for defenses b/c of his ability to run and evade defenders.

Jus to add some balance nah fellas, not withstandin de notorious misses from de man upfront....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
come to think of it......yuh hard to be real good to make the strike squad then ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Yeah, allas (Alibey) throw plenty goal fuh trini and Barataria Ball Players, but he was a good baller, jus had occasional poor finishing skill

Was excellent on de wing, burst of speed at a split second, and would cause havoc for defenses b/c of his ability to run and evade defenders.

Jus to add some balance nah fellas, not withstandin de notorious misses from de man upfront....

I left TT in 1985 and Alibey I believe made his debut in late 82 vs. the Italian Olympic team....He was unbelievable beatsing man left, right and centre.

He continuously stood out in a side that included the likes of Nevick Denoon, L. Spann and Ron La Forest.

He played on the left and was really a creator...he ddn't have a rep. as a throw away artist. Back then when he was on the field, the opposition was experiencing real beans. I remember Tot. Hotspur...simply afraid to tackle the man ...and this was a side with Crooks, Hoddle, Archibald, Brazil, Ardrilles etc.

However, in 1989 I heard ppl crticizing MA, so I figure in the later years he had lost a step or two. However, in the games I saw him play for Bartaria Ball Players, ASL and TT he was boss.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

I left TT in 1985 and Alibey I believe made his debut in late 82 vs. the Italian Olympic team....He was unbelievable beatsing man left, right and centre.

He continuously stood out in a side that included the likes of Nevick Denoon, L. Spann and Ron La Forest.

He played on the left and was really a creator...he ddn't have a rep. as a throw away artist. Back then when he was on the field, the opposition was experiencing real beans. I remember Tot. Hotspur...simply afraid to tackle the man ...and this was a side with Crooks, Hoddle, Archibald, Brazil, Ardrilles etc.

However, in 1989 I heard ppl crticizing MA, so I figure in the later years he had lost a step or two. However, in the games I saw him play for Bartaria Ball Players, ASL and TT he was boss.

Peace,
VB

yeah ah hear he was real good for real......it just goes to show how one incident could soil yuh name for good........look how everybody just remember the man as a throw way artist now :(

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Peace,
VB

Which alibey you talking bout breds ?? Must be maurice Alibey father !!! where you get dem facts ??? you just lump every footballer name you could remember regardless of era etc. ! you realise Leroy Spann is Silvio span father ? Ron la forest ?? and you talking about de 80's
Alibey for ASL ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Which alibey you talking bout breds ?? Must be maurice Alibey father !!! where you get dem facts ??? you just lump every footballer name you could remember regardless of era etc. ! you realise Leroy Spann is Silvio span father ? Ron la forest ?? and you talking about de 80's
Alibey for ASL ?

Leroy Spann and Maurice Alibey were both on de Strike Squad. As a matter of fact, Spanner came on as a substitute for Alibey in de game against Guatemala in Guatemala in 1989.
Ron La Forest appeared in at least one of the qualifiers for the 1990 World Cup.

So yes, all 3 of them were playing around the same time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh go easy on meh boy Allas. yes he had some near misses but also Philburt Jones and Mr. Stern John. 

Anyone who see Alibey for ASL, Barataria Ball Players will know what a force he was. Later he earned All American honors with Lander University in South Carolina. Went to Stoke City on trial, had work permit problems among other things.

Out ah all the ole talk, USA had him down as the most feared of our strikers on the Strike Squad, both in the air and on the fround.

Football so funny, I believe that if we could turn back the clock, Alibey would have been an invaluable palyer on the wing for T&T in Germany, speed and a big right foot.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alibey throw  away a few for the strike squad but he was always a factor when he played it just goes to show yuh how trini is  when men make mistake ..Alibey create countless opportunities for the strike squad by his presence in the air and his runs off the ball...Even tho he did lose a step he was still very very quick up there with leonson for speed...I seem to remmeber in  the nov 19th game he got pulled back in the usa penalty area   francomere that had a pk written all over it first time i ever hear meh uncle silo cuss when he see that....I bet alllyuh didn know that when latapy score that solo effort against the russian club champions vilnius zalgiris that it was Alibey storming off the ball on the right wing that draw the defense open...allyuh fellas too cynical...He's a good baller

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Since this is now an Alibey post I will always remember after the game against Costa Rica in 89 when the guy throw away at will. We sang Wnen TNT go Italy Alibey go watch it on tv. The man good throw away but in my book Philbert Jones is the king in that regard.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>