March 28, 2024, 08:24:40 PM

Author Topic: Shakes among T&T U-21s preparing for CAC qualifiers.  (Read 11292 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shakes among T&T U-21s preparing for CAC qualifiers.
« on: March 13, 2006, 03:33:30 PM »
Shakes among T&T U-21s preparing for CAC qualifiers.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

The National Under 21 team preparing for the CAC Qualifying matches at month end has been cut to 23 players and will continue training and playing matches up until March 26.
The team, coached by Ron La Forest, will face Joe Public first team in a warm up match at the Marvin Lee Stadium this Thursday following which the final 18-man squad for games against  Dominica on March 31 and Haiti on April 4 in Trinidad.
The squad includes English-based midfielder Ricky Shakes who made a second half appearance in T&T’s 2-0 win over Iceland last month. Another debutant in the Iceland clash, Kevon Neaves out of University of South Florida is also in the 23-man squad.
The local boys are coming off  a recent training tour to Tampa, USA during which the team drew 1-1 with the United States National Under 17 team as well as suffered narrow losses to MLS teams Chicago Fire and Kansas City Wizards.
Since returning home, the team also suffered a 2-0 loss to Petrotrin last Saturday and they will play further matches against W Connection on March 23 at Ato Boldon Stadium from 4pm, CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh on March 25 from 10 am and against Defence Force a day later at a venue to be announced.
Technical Director Lincoln Phillips has spoken well of the technical staff of the team for carrying out its duties in the preparations so far and also credited the work of motivational speaker Franklin Dolly for his services extended to the team in recent weeks. Phillips also made special mention of the TTFF for extended services and the National Sports Company as well as the TT Pro League and the Super League for cooperation in the arrangement of training matches among other things.
“A lot of work has gone into the team both on and off the field in the past weeks. We have been fortunate to have had a lot of games in the build up to the tournament and this can only auger well for us. It gave us a fair chance to work with the team and we can only hope to execute well in the competitive outings to come,” Phillips told TTFF Media on Monday. T&T is hoping to be one of the Caribbean representatives at the CAC Games in Colombia in July.
Meantime, following the recent 2-0 win over Iceland and with most of the team members returning to their respective clubs abroad, assistant coach Anton Corneal will conduct two training sessions at 9am and 4pm this Tuesday at the Ato Boldon Stadium with a group of locally-based pros including Brent Rahim, Kerry Baptiste, Atiba Charles, Jan Michael Williams, Cyd Gray, Aurtis Whitley, Anthony Wolfe, Glenton Wolfe, Errol McFarlane and Nigel Henry.

T&T Under 21 squad:

Goalkeepers:
Hasely Holder (Joe Public), Shean Warner (Tobago United).

Defenders:
Adrian Foncette (Fatima College), Carlon Murray (San Juan Jabloteh), Akilie Edwards (Defence Force), Kester Alexander (Joe Public), Marcelle Francois (US Based), Ancil Farrier (Southern Connecticut Universtiy), Dion Peters (Joe Public), Makan Hislop (University of  South Carolina), Yohance Marshall (University of South Florida).

Midfielders:
Hayden Tinto (Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA Fire), Josimar Belgrave (Superstar Rangers), Kezi Lara (Princes Town SC), Kevon Neaves (University of South Florida), Clevon George (Young Harris College), Ricky Shakes (Swindon Town), Jason Devenish (University of South Florida).

Forwards:
Abiola Sandy (Bowling Green University), Randi Patterson (University of Greensboro), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA Fire), Shane Calderon (W Connection), Kareem Freitas (St Anthony's College).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 03:45:15 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shakes among T&T U-21s preparing for CAC qualifiers.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 03:42:09 PM »
Any one can make that game on Thursday ?.. Tuh tek sum pix...
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 03:52:01 PM »
nice squad
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 03:54:45 PM »
Ricky Shakes Repping For the British-Caribbean Crew Again :devil:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 04:14:42 PM »
That is a bomb squad.....

I guess Crooks, Highley and Kareem Smith eh make de team....

Clevon George, Ricky Shakes and Jason Devenish is good additions...

Jagdeosingh, Highley and Tinto playing for Caledonia now.... like Caledonia coming out serious next rounds...

De 2006 PFL will be very excited....

Football on de rise in T&T.... thank God we qualify for de world cup...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 04:16:43 PM »
so Shakes good enough for the team now Anton? eh?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 04:18:37 PM »
That is a bomb squad.....

I guess Crooks, Highley and Kareem Smith eh make de team....

Clevon George, Ricky Shakes and Jason Devenish is good additions...

Jagdeosingh, Highley and Tinto playing for Caledonia now.... like Caledonia coming out serious next rounds...

De 2006 PFL will be very excited....

Football on de rise in T&T.... thank God we qualify for de world cup...

yuh fuhget judah hernandez also
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 04:20:35 PM »
Nice to see a lot of stuff happening behind de scenes wid the U21 squad....wish dem all the best..dey looking good on paper..time to show us on the pitch now... ;D :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 04:32:44 PM »
nice squad, excpet judah should have been dere, well hopefully he will be added later, but real nice squad, no highley, interesting, well we must go on.

dey playng hardest thursday, nice , someone go and see de game ill talk tuh hardest and ask about de players, how well dey fair :beermug:

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 05:30:30 PM »
players to watch

tinto, jagdeosign, kevon, and abiola
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 06:18:13 PM »
we mashing up side real real bad

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 06:22:54 PM »
players to watch

tinto, jagdeosign, kevon, and abiola

morvant yuh know abiola cuz he put some nice goals on malik eh?

Typical St.Anthony's striker.

Jason have rel skills too eh...

ah see dey move him to midfield well i sure he will blast some serious long range efforts that'll make Haitian riots.

lawdy lawrdy.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 06:49:17 PM »
jagdeosing gone cali???

oh lord a tusty man like dat

morvant hear dis tusty mansquad shabazz hav

devon modeste

hayden tinto

kendall jagdeosing

3 tusty deadly footballers

but on a real note i think clevon george to old fo dat side
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 07:25:56 PM »
Big up Neaves and Abiola.....i like to see my people doing big things.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 07:44:02 PM »

Kingman

you have to be a st anthony's man fuh sure

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 08:06:08 PM »

Kingman

yuh mean st james sec
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 08:58:16 PM »
You see how Ricky Shakes commiting.  Now that is a man a respect and hope he continue to get better and represent the WC side. That is a example for dem waggonists who want to see we win before they commit instead ah helping we win.  Ah respect that man!  Ah hope he show!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 09:40:30 PM »
You see how Ricky Shakes commiting.  Now that is a man a respect and hope he continue to get better and represent the WC side. That is a example for dem waggonists who want to see we win before they commit instead ah helping we win.  Ah respect that man!  Ah hope he show!

yes they should
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 10:02:42 PM by triniman »

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 05:53:23 AM »
Quality team, we should do well in the CAC games.

Offline Verteidiger

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 06:16:37 AM »
For Real..

That is a real big squad. The addition of shakes will make it that much better. Tinto was always a boss for me. I see you all biggin up Shakes for committing,Thank God for that. You also hadda give props to Randi Patterson too,cause apparently he was strong contender in the US youth tem ranks too.Went through some of their programs.So it will be even sweeter when we play them and he have a hand in poisoning them.

Ah see Colin Kirk name not there.Can anybody confirm if he was in fact Quavas Kirk brother?
and what about Quavas..I eh hear anything bout him in a while.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 06:46:57 AM »
Quavas Kirk and Colin Kirk is indeed brothers.

3 players I would have liked to see here: Quavas Kirk, Judah Hernandez and maybe Radhanfar Abu Bakar.

And yes, props to Randi Patterson and Ricky Shakes..... I hear Paterson did good in the Tampa camp, he and Devenish.

Meh boy Gorien needs a reality check, they real stupid.... man letting a girl tie up he life...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:07:48 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 07:22:51 AM »
Allyuh sure Shakes witht that squad? I cah see his club team letting him leave for training with a U-21 side or for any of them warm-up matches. And I sure he eh want to lose his starting spot with his club side with the world cup coming up...

I glad to see Devenish back in the mix tho, I hope he make the right choice going to Uni and not playing pro with Jabloiteh. Hopefull, Lincoln keep an eye on him up there so he doh get lost in the system like so many others...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 09:29:25 AM »
devonish is a man to look out for

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 09:53:29 AM »
i remember devenish from he qrc days he could realllll curl it

but whappen to men like

richard roy

shastri spencer

and other ssfl stand outs?? no place fo dem in dis team??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 10:16:39 AM »
this team most has players from the past under team. spencer would have to come good to break into this team

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 02:31:25 PM »
Yes, big up to Randi pattersn also!  These are the boys we have to hope will excel with an eye to 2010 and on.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 03:54:14 PM »
Quavas Kirk and Colin Kirk is indeed brothers.

3 players I would have liked to see here: Quavas Kirk, Judah Hernandez and maybe Radhanfar Abu Bakar.

And yes, props to Randi Patterson and Ricky Shakes..... I hear Paterson did good in the Tampa camp, he and Devenish.

Meh boy Gorien needs a reality check, they real stupid.... man letting a girl tie up he life...

yeah sam abu boy is a good player . It mad mi when I see players of his caliber is not selected .. This yute could  be a TNT national one day..I feal he have a lot of potential,  lets hope Trinidad put aside what ever difference dey have wid his fadda..
warmonga
Black Lives Matter..

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=146542722

Shakes out U-21 team
Tuesday, March 28th 2006

Engand-based midfielder Ricky Shakes will not be making the trip home to represent this country's National Under-21 team as previously expected. But his absence should not be a setback to the country's hopes in the CAC qualifying matches against Dominica and Haiti this week.

That's the feeling of technical director Lincoln Phillips who felt that the Ron La Forest coached team had gone through sufficient preparations for the tournament which kicks off with the hosts taking on Dominica at the Larry Gomes Stadium this Friday.

La Forest's final squad was announced yesterday and the  US-based players started arriving on Sunday, with former national Under 20 skipper Makan Hislop, Yohance Marshall, Jason Devenish, Marcelle Francois and Clevon George all flying in.

Ancil Farria and Abiola Sandy will arrive today, withle recent national senior team debutant Kevon Neaves touches down tomorrow.

Phillips explained the reason for Shakes' late pullout after Swansea City management decided not to let him come home for the two games.

"Ricky's coach was of the impression that he was scheduled to play only one game. The coach was very reluctant to have him stay away for ten days.  In order to maintain good relations with the coach, we opted to have him stay at home and hopefully represent T&T in July should we qualify for the CAC games in Columbia," Phillips told TTFF Media.

The T&T U-21s suffered a 5-1 loss to local Pro League outfit CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh at the Ato Boldon Stadium last Thursday but bounced back with a 4-2 whipping of Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA through goals by Hayden Tinto, Judah Hernandez, Shane Calderon and Keston Alexander. But La Forest will be working around the clock this week to iron out some of the problems, particularly the inconsistency of the team thus far after a 1-0 loss to Defence Force on Sunday at UWI grounds, St Augustine.

La Forest and assistant Michael McComie will continue sessions each day this week before Friday's opener which kicks off at 4pm. Haiti and Dominica will then meet at the same venue on Sunday from 4pm with T&T coming up against the Haitians on the following Tuesday from 4pm.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 10:34:12 PM »
I feel daiz it for shakes till world cup done.

1]; } ?>