March 28, 2024, 07:55:26 PM

Author Topic: Starworld Strikers back in top flight.  (Read 5125 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Starworld Strikers back in top flight.
« on: March 22, 2006, 03:31:22 AM »
Starworld, Rangers accepted to Pro League.
By: Joel Villafana.

The chairman of the T&T Pro League Mr. Larry Romany, wishes to confirm that Starworld Strikers and Superstar Rangers have been accepted to the T&T Pro League. The decision was taken after an intensive and detailed process including interviews and a due diligence process.
Both teams have given the league assurances that they will adhere to the policies, rules and regulations of the T&T Pro League.
While both teams have provided documentation to support financial ability to pay their players, there is still some minor documentation to be submitted. However, this documentation should be completed by Monday.
Both teams have confirmed that they have the necessary infrastructure to compete in the senior as well youth leagues.
With regard to Starworld Strikers, an additional requirement is to pay the outstanding monies owed to the players from the 2004 season. The league, in keeping with its mission and vision, have sought to have a guarantee that these outstanding salaries must be paid as a condition precedent.
The T&T Pro League recognizes that the process has been tedious and detailed but the league has an obligation and a duty to its players to ensure that financial obligations made to them are met.
The league takes this opportunity to officially welcome Joe Public, Starworld Strikers and Superstar Rangers for the 2006 season.
With the promotion/demotion structure in effect, which encompasses the Super League, the league anticipates a keenly contested 2006 season.
News from the 22nd of March 2006.

By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Defender Dexter Franklin and goalkeeper Marvin Phillip have left San Juan Jabloteh and Defence Force, respectively, and have returned to the fold at San Fernando Starworld Strikers for the upcoming T&T Pro League season.
Starworld were one of three teams whose applications to enter the 2006 competition were being discussed yesterday by the Board of the T&T Pro League.
T&T Pro League chief executive officer Dexter Skeene said yesterday the Pro League Board had a meeting to discuss the applications of Starworld, Superstar Rangers and WASA Clean & White to fill two vacant positions to enter the 2006 T&T Pro League competition.
However, after meeting with several people earlier, Starworld Strikers owner Ashmeed Ali is convinced his team is already in.
Starworld missed last season due to financial difficulties.
"We have had several meetings with various people. As far as I am concerned we are in the Pro League," Ali declared. "The team is training and we have an excellent squad drawn from the youth programme. They have developed now."
Ali also announced a slight name change, adding San Fernando to the former name Starworld Strikers as a means to better identify with their community.
Based at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella, San Fernando Starworld Strikers have also seen the addition of Andre Charles, Errol Charles, Lindsie Sherwood and Marlon Stoute to the fold.
Striker Kester Cornwall, Atiba Forde and Anton Ramnarine are all going through fitness tests before joining the team, while Guyana striker Randolph Jerome is due to return from New York.
Jerome, a former Pro League top-scorer, played in Lebanon for a large part of last season.
Also rejoining Starworld on the technical staff is national goalkeeper coach Michael Maurice, while ex-T&T player Wesley Webb is the team's manager.
Rangers & Starworld granted another extension.
By: Joel Villafana.
[/size]

The T&T Pro League has given Starworld Strikers and Superstar Rangers more time to submit final documents before accepting the two teams into the professional ranks. Following a board meeting yesterday—the League granted both Starworld Strikers and Queens Park Rangers until Friday 24th March, to submit documents indicating their financial support.
CEO of the T&T Pro League Dexter Skeene said, “The League has given the two teams a final reprieve to hand in some vital documentation regarding their finances, as a board we saw no problem in giving more time, since the transfer window has already been extended to March 31st to accommodate the new teams.” However, Mr. Skeene stated, that the applications of both Starworld and Rangers are looking good and he does not expect any further hiccups.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 04:46:29 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
Re: Starworld Strikers back in top flight.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 08:45:30 AM »
Welcome back Starworld!!!!!!!!!!! Glad tuh see most ah de old players comin back tuh form ah good unit....All we missing now is Gally...buh dyez ah nex scene...anyway all de best dis season. Large Up!!!!!!!!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:52:24 AM »
Nice to hear Kester Cornwall back in the news. I was wondering what happened to this man long time because he was real pressure when you had to take on Benedicts. He and Jason Suite (ah sure a spell he name wrong) form a deadly partnership in 95 season dread ah hope he get he form back and rip up.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 09:35:13 AM »
Good to see meh brothers playing again.  That team is essential to the development of players from South.  Ali was good enough to go and snake out he foundation members, who were still playing elsewhere. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 09:47:35 AM »
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]
T&T Pro League chief executive officer Dexter Skeene said yesterday the Pro League Board had a meeting to discuss the applications of Starworld, Superstar Rangers and WASA Clean & White to fill two vacant positions to enter the 2006 T&T Pro League competition.
However, after meeting with several people earlier, Starworld Strikers owner Ashmeed Ali is convinced his team is already in.

oh he did not get the green light  but good news anyway as he is  confident they will get in.
Anyway I like the   new name San Fernando Starworld strikers aka the sandoboys
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 10:09:12 AM »
any news on d other??

i saw wasa training hard yesterday but i dobt they may hav a youth team
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 10:18:48 AM »
go sando.....sando born...but i back jabloteh....all de bess....who is de coach for sfss???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 10:39:15 AM »
as a former  balller at the club i wish them all the best and hope the season is a productive one....hope that the management dont repeat mistakes of the past...respect to them though....i wish that gally is given another shot as coach...they will do well...bless

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 11:41:01 AM »
good to see south represented in the PFL.

t & t football too "northcentric".

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »
good to see south represented in the PFL.

t & t football too "northcentric".

yuh back that argument eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Isaachunt

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 01:45:27 PM »
 Competition heating up.This PFL will be nice ;D If you check it all teams have relatively young players.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 02:37:28 PM »
i also read in d papers marvin oliver gone northeast

finally ras could make a livin kickin ball
hope he up to d pace of pro
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>