April 24, 2024, 11:44:48 PM

Author Topic: Jabloteh goal spree in Tobago.  (Read 12468 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh goal spree in Tobago.
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:38:28 AM »
By: Joel Villafana.

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh is waxing warm as they recently completed a pre-season training camp in the sister isle of Tobago, as the F.A. Cup and Pro Bowl Champions fine-tune their preparations for the start of the 2006 season.
Jabloteh’s strikers got some good practice—as the San Juan based club took advantage of their Tobagonian opponents—defeating Roxborough Lakers 5-1, they crushed Bethel United 8-0 and by the time they met St. Clair Coaching School they were boiling hot and put a 10-1 beating on Bertille St. Clair’s team.
The goals were shared up, but seasoned striker Peter Prosper, who recently signed with San Juan Jabloteh led with 5 goals and midfielder Kerry Baptiste netted 4.
Also among the goals were—Ronald Primus, Trent Noel, Anthony Wolfe, Jason Marcano, Josh Johnson, Akeil Guevara and Michael Brown.
Head Coach Terry Fenwick was particularly pleased with the trip—he told jabloteh.com, “This trip was very successful it was more than just training and working hard—we took the opportunity to do some team building—and getting the guys to gel as a unit.”
“As for the on the field matters—we are looking good—physically strong and fit and we scored a lot of goals so that’s a plus—we have some fine-tuning to do before the start of the season but I am pleased with what I am seeing,” said Fenwick. Jabloteh is expected to do battle with the National under-21 team this Thursday 23rd March at the Ato Boldon stadium.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 12:52:13 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh goal spree in Tobago
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 08:44:39 AM »
They beat Betille St. Clair 10-1. I hope they don't have that same scoring spree against the national under 21.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 08:47:18 AM »
prosper leading the way, very interesting, the players are starting to step up their level bc we make de big dance, its good to see, ah hope joe public dont play de ass

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 09:07:48 AM »
Perspective is good. These teams that Jabloteh beat up on, on information an belief have not been training before these games. I spoke to a couple Lakers players and they said that they held their first preseason session on the Monday and played the game on the Wednesday. They also said that that besides the disparity in fitness, Jabloteh was quite well organized and exerted a lot of pressure on the ball when Lakers were in possession. Simply put, they were dominated. They felt that that they can give them a better game after their season begins.
Live large and prosper!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »
Perspective is good. These teams that Jabloteh beat up on, on information an belief have not been training before these games. I spoke to a couple Lakers players and they said that they held their first preseason session on the Monday and played the game on the Wednesday. They also said that that besides the disparity in fitness, Jabloteh was quite well organized and exerted a lot of pressure on the ball when Lakers were in possession. Simply put, they were dominated. They felt that that they can give them a better game after their season begins.

DOc i dont believe that the results will will be different goal wise. In my opinion Jabloteh would score more goals because they also would be into their season.

When we face the fact that there arent any good coaches in Tobago and that the population is too small to have a pro team made up of only/mostly Tobagonians  then we can begin to direct the way foward for football and players coming out of Tobago. Case in point Cyd Gray, a man i thought was an absolute shithound and wildman is now held in high esteem by me. WHERE would Cyd be today had he been exposed to top level coaching from young, and not only Cyd i suppose.

If you wish to continue looking through your rose tinted glasses concerning football in Tobago, go right ahead. But if we open up the migration of footballers both in Tobago and Trinidad it can only improve the standard of the players produced and provide the country with a greater variety. Just look at what the opening up of the EPl to the rest of Europe has done for English football. England is now a credible world force.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 10:13:57 AM »
iceland have about the same population as tobago.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 10:18:55 AM »
Tobago problem is similar to Trinidad but more pronounced,

Basically it is a lack of interest in the Sport from youth level come right up.

Primary because the TTFF does not have a systematic plan to include Tobago in the football happenings.

All our national teams train in Trinidad and most of the national team games are played in Trinidad,

Added to the fact that it is not easy to travel back and fort due to the cost of a plane ticket and the time involved it means that Tobago has become virtually isolated in terms of TnT football development.

Lack of interest leads to lack of motivation and the results are what is taking place now.

TTFF has to find a way to develop viable programs to maintain the sport in Tobago as well as in Mayaro, Toco and Deep south,

ALl the remote regions have the same problem and the result is lack of interest in the sport.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 10:20:34 AM »
if jablo keep goin so den i feel tobago united in fo a nex season winlessss :beermug: :devil:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 10:35:50 AM »

DOc i dont believe that the results will will be different goal wise. In my opinion Jabloteh would score more goals because they also would be into their season.

When we face the fact that there arent any good coaches in Tobago and that the population is too small to have a pro team made up of only/mostly Tobagonians  then we can begin to direct the way foward for football and players coming out of Tobago. Case in point Cyd Gray, a man i thought was an absolute shithound and wildman is now held in high esteem by me. WHERE would Cyd be today had he been exposed to top level coaching from young, and not only Cyd i suppose.

If you wish to continue looking through your rose tinted glasses concerning football in Tobago, go right ahead. But if we open up the migration of footballers both in Tobago and Trinidad it can only improve the standard of the players produced and provide the country with a greater variety. Just look at what the opening up of the EPl to the rest of Europe has done for English football. England is now a credible world force.
Sub ... hahaha.... yuh always make my day brighter! Go back now, and have someone read what I wrote to you! Reported speech largely, but all you have to see is anything with Tobago and or Stooge to set you off ranting quizzically :devil: :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 11:48:15 AM »

Sub ... hahaha.... yuh always make my day brighter! Go back now, and have someone read what I wrote to you! Reported speech largely, but all you have to see is anything with Tobago and or Stooge to set you off ranting quizzically :devil: :devil:

DING DING DING ;D oK doc and sub taker it easy . . So sub i have to ask you in your opinion where was dwight yorke produced in trinidad , tobago under BSC AT HIS coaching school or was he just raw raw talent.just asking yah view your view.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 12:47:21 PM »
Doc, Like you forget what Signal Hill did in the collges league in T&T? Don't you look at the record that the primary school of Tobago have in the primary school league. That is a bold statement about us not having good coaches. It all boils down to motivation at this point. If Tobago realy field a Tobago 11. That will not be the score line. I believe the team will do much better. Nuff said.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 12:51:18 PM »
Doc, Like you forget what Signal Hill did in the collges league in T&T? Don't you look at the record that the primary school of Tobago have in the primary school league. That is a bold statement about us not having good coaches. It all boils down to motivation at this point. If Tobago realy field a Tobago 11. That will not be the score line. I believe the team will do much better. Nuff said.
Fivers, that was sub1. ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 02:27:47 PM »

DING DING DING ;D oK doc and sub taker it easy . . So sub i have to ask you in your opinion where was dwight yorke produced in trinidad , tobago under BSC AT HIS coaching school or was he just raw raw talent.just asking yah view your view.

Triniman, Dwight was authored in Tobago but finished in England. BTw there is no malice, at least on my part, between Doc and I. Doc, to his comprehensive shame, has taken good sound and loving advice as ranting. Theres is none so blind as he that is unwilling to see.

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
Re: Jabloteh goal spree in Tobago.
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 03:42:47 PM »
i did some emailing and found out that jabloteh mauled the national u21 team 9-1 yesterday

>:(

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 03:44:49 PM »
i did some emailing and found out that jabloteh mauled the national u21 team 9-1 yesterday

By sub1's logic, they eh have a coach eedah :devil:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 03:46:53 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

the population in iceland is about 300,000..it have so much ppl in tobago?

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 04:44:15 PM »
I believe TTFF should invest more money in Tobago football.

Tobago has a good number of footballers for the size of it's population.

There are 20 odd football clubs in Tobago, hence the high number of footballers.

One thing about Tobago footballers though, they can add a raw physical
aspect to the game that the rest of  football in T&T lacks.

For the billionth time Cyd Gray was never a shithound.
Three reasons why:

1.He was a striker for Roxborough Composite and he was not a bad striker at all.

2.Then he was converted to a right back position at Joe Public and he struggled to make the transition.

3.He was also used as a rightback for the national team and he struggled, until he could prove he was a good rightback under Terry Fenwick at San Juan Jabloteh.

So SUB1 de man ain no shithound, because he had a few bad games for the national team in a position he had to learn as a professional.

I notice something with some  Trinidad and Tobago football fans.
They does be quick to call a man a shithound and this happening years now.
I am tired of saying how good our players are, when some people on this site doh realise that all we need is better coaching and organisation and then yuh will see how many good footballers we can produce.

If that does not happen then yuh have to be a grassroots man tuh know about players or else just shut up.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 04:54:17 PM »

By sub1's logic, they eh have a coach eedah :devil:

IF thats the score then welcome aboard. At last you seem to be catching on. Some on this board may think otherwise Doc but I have found that you do understand and catch on at times.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »
9-1 the under 20 lorse by  well well well is this news is this news
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »

NAH

Say it ent so nah. I hope that ent true...but then again they did lose against the US U18 team. So who knows.

I doh know what Fenwick does be feeding Jabloteh but them fellas does be real playing. When he left and Ricky Hill left....basically the same team was losing left, right and center.

But that 9-1 score still hard to believe though

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »

NAH

Say it ent so nah. I hope that ent true...but then again they did lose against the US U18 team. So who knows.

I doh know what Fenwick does be feeding Jabloteh but them fellas does be real playing. When he left and Ricky Hill left....basically the same team was losing left, right and center.

boss they tie the US  and by the way it was dey next under 17

TrinInfinite

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »
jabloteh come out tuh play mas and make mas of real people boy, u21 get knock so, well, i didnt want tuh hear dat atall, jabloteh could go mls and cut dem team ass if dey damagaing sides so boy, ah doubt dey go beat joe public like dat

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 07:37:05 PM »

NAH

boss they tie the US  and by the way it was dey next under 17

Yes yuh right they tie the US U17. Doh know if that better :-\

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 07:38:10 PM »
jabloteh come out tuh play mas and make mas of real people boy, u21 get knock so, well, i didnt want tuh hear dat atall, jabloteh could go mls and cut dem team ass if dey damagaing sides so boy, ah doubt dey go beat joe public like dat

Joe Public gehin it wuss :rotfl:

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 08:42:48 PM »

CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh is waxing warm as they recently completed a pre-season training camp in the sister isle of Tobago, as the F.A. Cup and Pro Bowl Champions fine-tune their preparations for the start of the 2006 season.
Jabloteh’s strikers got some good practice—as the San Juan based club took advantage of their Tobagonian opponents—defeating Roxborough Lakers 5-1, they crushed Bethel United 8-0 and by the time they met St. Clair Coaching School they were boiling hot and put a 10-1 beating on Bertille St. Clair’s team.
The goals were shared up, but seasoned striker Peter Prosper, who recently signed with San Juan Jabloteh led with 5 goals and midfielder Kerry Baptiste netted 4.
Also among the goals were—Ronald Primus, Trent Noel, Anthony Wolfe, Jason Marcano, Josh Johnson, Akeil Guevara and Michael Brown.
Head Coach Terry Fenwick was particularly pleased with the trip—he told jabloteh.com, “This trip was very successful it was more than just training and working hard—we took the opportunity to do some team building—and getting the guys to gel as a unit.”
“As for the on the field matters—we are looking good—physically strong and fit and we scored a lot of goals so that’s a plus—we have some fine-tuning to do before the start of the season but I am pleased with what I am seeing,” said Fenwick. Jabloteh is expected to do battle with the National under-21 team this Thursday 23rd March at the Ato Boldon stadium.

For some reason, this do not surprise me. Those tobago teams does hardly ever give a good account of themselves. That's why most of the good players come to Trinidad to show case their talent.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 08:45:01 PM »

For some reason, this do not surprise me. Those tobago teams does hardly ever give a good account of themselves. That's why most of the good players come to Trinidad to show case their talent.

Kingman

dat 9-1 cut a$$ from jabloteh is what u need to get info on quick quickl quick no joke

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2006, 10:38:45 PM »

Rubbish!!  Iceland has a poulation of 300,000 people.  Tobago has a population of about 55,000
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 12:46:30 AM »
I believe TTFF should invest more money in Tobago football.

Tobago has a good number of footballers for the size of it's population.

There are 20 odd football clubs in Tobago, hence the high number of footballers.

One thing about Tobago footballers though, they can add a raw physical
aspect to the game that the rest of  football in T&T lacks.

For the billionth time Cyd Gray was never a shithound.
Three reasons why:

1.He was a striker for Roxborough Composite and he was not a bad striker at all.

2.Then he was converted to a right back position at Joe Public and he struggled to make the transition.

3.He was also used as a rightback for the national team and he struggled, until he could prove he was a good rightback under Terry Fenwick at San Juan Jabloteh.

So SUB1 de man ain no shithound, because he had a few bad games for the national team in a position he had to learn as a professional.

I notice something with some  Trinidad and Tobago football fans.
They does be quick to call a man a shithound and this happening years now.
I am tired of saying how good our players are, when some people on this site doh realise that all we need is better coaching and organisation and then yuh will see how many good footballers we can produce.

If that does not happen then yuh have to be a grassroots man tuh know about players or else just shut up.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

You know how long i trying to explain that to some folks.. i en sinking eeen atall dred.. whey sar..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
9-1 the under 20 lorse by  well well well is this news is this news

If that is true, what does that say about our national U21 team, the coaching they receive, the game tactics?  It does not look good.  No representative U21 or even U19 team should receive such a beating from a PFL team.  I hope to God that report is misinformation.  Maybe Terry Fenwick should be our U 21 coach
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2006, 11:51:56 AM »

Suppose Jabloteh just that good this year?
Is a senior team playing a youth team.

Until we get some kinda report we won't know....could have had red cards.
I hope is that Jab was that good cuz it means the youth teams can get good preparation at home.  Hopefully sort out whatever problems before we play in tournaments and end up getting licks like that drubbing from the US in Cali.

They real keeping this game quiet boy.

1]; } ?>