March 29, 2024, 08:55:06 AM

Author Topic: Caledonia AIA/Morvant Caledonia United Thread.  (Read 45520 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Caledonia AIA/Morvant Caledonia United Thread.
« on: March 25, 2006, 03:57:20 AM »
Caledonia AIA in transition mode in 2006.
By: Joel Villafana.
[/size]

Having parted ways with the Fire Services after the completion of the 2005 season, Caledonia AIA have found themselves in transition and are now in a rebuilding mode.
Coach Jamal Shabbazz has lost no less than ten (10) players from last season through the split with Fire Services and to say the least the Morvant/Laventille based club has lost a vital source of income.
Nevertheless, because of his never say die attitude, Jamal Shabbazz has soldiered on and has been able to secure the backing of a brand new team sponsor, and in 2006 the boys from Caledonia will be known as Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA Fire.
Caledonia placed 3rd behind W Connection and San Juan Jabloteh in the League competition last year and would be hard-pressed to improve coming into the new season with a number of challenges.
Coach Jamal Shabbazz has admitted the exodus of the Fire Services has certainly affected the club, “The merge with the Fire Services gave us some stability in terms of our financial status and we were able to build on it last season and we will certainly miss that aspect and we have also lost a number of key players.”
Commenting on the sponsorship of Neal and Massy, the National Womens Coach says, “While it is a big help, they are only funding a percentage of the team’s budget, and they can never really take the place of the Fire Services and the role they played, but we are grateful to Neal and Massy and we hope the relationship grows in the future.”
Shabbazz is however, still talking tough, despite his team’s many challenges, he is still determined the team will give a good account of themselves, and he says outside of remaining in the top three in the League—he wants to be in at least 3 of the knockout finals.
“As a team we really felt left out—when we did not go all the way in the Cup games, we missed the atmosphere and this year we want to be part of that, so while we want to do well in the League, we will be focusing on the knockout competitions very seriously.”
Now having lost the bulk of his team from last season, Jamal Shabbazz decided to go back to the community—and according to the former national goal-keeper this was a plus.
“We were able to source some useful talent in the Morvant/ Laventille community, the likes of Junior Spencer, a talented young striker and a sturdy left back in Marcus Ambrose, we were also able to pull some good local players from the U.S. who are now finishing school, like a young attacking midfielder in Judah Alexander, and a big defender by the name of Stephen Cruikshank.”
Shabbazz also hit the local market and was able to attract some local players—he snatched, North East Stars Striker Kendall Jagdeosingh and W Connection’s striker Jason Cudjoe.
Also in Caledonia’s mix will be at least 2 Colombians—a defender by the name of Julio Cesar Delarosa and a goal-keeper named Johny Cardona.
All in all, Jamal Shabazz feels he has found the right mix of youth and experience—as returning from last season is Uz Taylor who is the only surviving member from the Fire Services merger, as well as experienced goal keeper Michael Woods, Caledonia’s prodigal son Conrad Smith who has returned after finishing the season with Jabloteh last year, and two young developing players from last season in striker Devon Modeste and midfielder Stephan David.
Due to the transition period, Caledonia’s pre-season preparation did not go as well as coach Shabbazz would have wanted, he told us, “We have been very unsure in early part of the pre-season, so we did not play the sort of practice matches we intended to, however, there is still a week or so to go and we hope to get it together before the start of the season and I believe as the season gets started we will grow from strength to strength, but it will take some time for the guys to get accustomed to each other and also get accustomed to playing at the Pro League level.”
Mr. Shabbazz added however, “One of the good things is that the bunch of guys we have here are eager to do well—while we don’t have the big names in the local game, but most of the team are tactically, technically and physically ready for the challenge—and I strongly believe we can compete with any of the so called big names in the League—remember, the game is not played on paper, its played out on the pitch, and having finished 3rd last year the boys are motivated to do even better.”
Caledonia has lost national midfielder Densill Theobald, Dale Simon and Anthony Haynes, three players who both played big roles last season—Simon has gone back to Tobago United and United Petrotrin has snapped up Anthony Haynes, while Densill Theobald has moved on to Falkirk FC in Scotland.
Shabbazz says while the loss of some of the key players in his line up are not with the club this year—he is not overly worried—because in his estimation the team is stronger up front—with the likes of new strikers Kendall Jagdeosingh, Judah Alexander and Junior Spencer—and the Caledonia coach is promising goals.

TEAM PROFILE

Head Coach—Jamal Shabazz
Assistant Coach—Jerry Moe

2005 Achievements—Placed 3RD in the League competition.

Last season’s top goal scorer—Devon Modeste -7 goals

New Players—Steven Cruikshank, Junior Spencer, Marcus Ambrose, Johny Cardona, Julio Cesar Delarosa, Judah Alexander, Sterling Arjune, Kareem Joseph

Registered squad of players.

Captain-Sheldon Emanuel

Goalkeepers—Michael Woods and Johny Cardona

Defenders—Sheldon Emanuel, Sterling Arjune, Julio Delarosa, Mc kensie Caddette, Stephen Crukshank, Marcus Ambrose.

Midfielders—Shawn James, Uz Taylor, Conrad Smith, Stephan David and Kareem Joseph.

Forwards—Abdullah Phillips, Devon Modeste, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Anthony Thomson, Junior Spencer and Hayden Tinto.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 04:03:42 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia AIA in transition mode in 2006.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 09:53:56 AM »
come on fire allyuh should link a next midfielder??

tinto cold hold d left wing like nuttin check malick and morvant savannah

it hav a fellar call dollar up by me hav a nice ytc spanner he could len allyuh when he aint smoking prestige :beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:10:09 AM »
Caledonia AIA in transition mode in 2006.
By: Joel Villafana.
[/size]

Having parted ways with the Fire Services after the completion of the 2005 season, Caledonia AIA have found themselves in transition and are now in a rebuilding mode.
Coach Jamal Shabbazz has lost no less than ten (10) players from last season through the split with Fire Services and to say the least the Morvant/Laventille based club has lost a vital source of income.
Nevertheless, because of his never say die attitude, Jamal Shabbazz has soldiered on and has been able to secure the backing of a brand new team sponsor, and in 2006 the boys from Caledonia will be known as Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA Fire.
Caledonia placed 3rd behind W Connection and San Juan Jabloteh in the League competition last year and would be hard-pressed to improve coming into the new season with a number of challenges.
Coach Jamal Shabbazz has admitted the exodus of the Fire Services has certainly affected the club, “The merge with the Fire Services gave us some stability in terms of our financial status and we were able to build on it last season and we will certainly miss that aspect and we have also lost a number of key players.”
Commenting on the sponsorship of Neal and Massy, the National Womens Coach says, “While it is a big help, they are only funding a percentage of the team’s budget, and they can never really take the place of the Fire Services and the role they played, but we are grateful to Neal and Massy and we hope the relationship grows in the future.”
Shabbazz is however, still talking tough, despite his team’s many challenges, he is still determined the team will give a good account of themselves, and he says outside of remaining in the top three in the League—he wants to be in at least 3 of the knockout finals.
“As a team we really felt left out—when we did not go all the way in the Cup games, we missed the atmosphere and this year we want to be part of that, so while we want to do well in the League, we will be focusing on the knockout competitions very seriously.”
Now having lost the bulk of his team from last season, Jamal Shabbazz decided to go back to the community—and according to the former national goal-keeper this was a plus.
“We were able to source some useful talent in the Morvant/ Laventille community, the likes of Junior Spencer, a talented young striker and a sturdy left back in Marcus Ambrose, we were also able to pull some good local players from the U.S. who are now finishing school, like a young attacking midfielder in Judah Alexander, and a big defender by the name of Stephen Cruikshank.”
Shabbazz also hit the local market and was able to attract some local players—he snatched, North East Stars Striker Kendall Jagdeosingh and W Connection’s striker Jason Cudjoe.
Also in Caledonia’s mix will be at least 2 Colombians—a defender by the name of Julio Cesar Delarosa and a goal-keeper named Johny Cardona.
All in all, Jamal Shabazz feels he has found the right mix of youth and experience—as returning from last season is Uz Taylor who is the only surviving member from the Fire Services merger, as well as experienced goal keeper Michael Woods, Caledonia’s prodigal son Conrad Smith who has returned after finishing the season with Jabloteh last year, and two young developing players from last season in striker Devon Modeste and midfielder Stephan David.
Due to the transition period, Caledonia’s pre-season preparation did not go as well as coach Shabbazz would have wanted, he told us, “We have been very unsure in early part of the pre-season, so we did not play the sort of practice matches we intended to, however, there is still a week or so to go and we hope to get it together before the start of the season and I believe as the season gets started we will grow from strength to strength, but it will take some time for the guys to get accustomed to each other and also get accustomed to playing at the Pro League level.”
Mr. Shabbazz added however, “One of the good things is that the bunch of guys we have here are eager to do well—while we don’t have the big names in the local game, but most of the team are tactically, technically and physically ready for the challenge—and I strongly believe we can compete with any of the so called big names in the League—remember, the game is not played on paper, its played out on the pitch, and having finished 3rd last year the boys are motivated to do even better.”
Caledonia has lost national midfielder Densill Theobald, Dale Simon and Anthony Haynes, three players who both played big roles last season—Simon has gone back to Tobago United and United Petrotrin has snapped up Anthony Haynes, while Densill Theobald has moved on to Falkirk FC in Scotland.
Shabbazz says while the loss of some of the key players in his line up are not with the club this year—he is not overly worried—because in his estimation the team is stronger up front—with the likes of new strikers Kendall Jagdeosingh, Judah Alexander and Junior Spencer—and the Caledonia coach is promising goals.

TEAM PROFILE

Head Coach—Jamal Shabazz
Assistant Coach—Jerry Moe

2005 Achievements—Placed 3RD in the League competition.

Last season’s top goal scorer—Devon Modeste -7 goals

New Players—Steven Cruikshank, Junior Spencer, Marcus Ambrose, Johny Cardona, Julio Cesar Delarosa, Judah Alexander, Sterling Arjune, Kareem Joseph

Registered squad of players.

Captain-Sheldon Emanuel

Goalkeepers—Michael Woods and Johny Cardona Defenders—Sheldon Emanuel, Sterling Arjune, Julio Delarosa, Mc kensie Caddette, Stephen Crukshank, Marcus Ambrose.

Midfielders—Dale Simon, Uz Taylor, Conrad Smith, Stephan David and Kareem Joseph.

Forwards—Abdullah Phillips, Devon Modeste, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Anthony Thomson, Junior Spencer and Hayden Tinto.

After speaking to a player from the club recently, it does not seem things are going well. Though they have very good player the team is very disorganized according to my source. I wish them best of luck though because they are a young team with a lot of talent and Jamal works hard to get things right day in-day out.

Kingman

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 10:28:01 AM »
this looking like de slam side this year, but i wish them well.

nice to Tinto in de mix!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 10:48:56 AM »
shotta like yuh aint see malick best midfielder ever

CONRAD SMITH ;D

SHOTTA AND MORVANTMAN BACKING AIA ALL DE WAY ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 11:33:18 AM »
YEA BUT CONRAD NO GOOOD WITHOUT PRIMUS

stilll

im going going back back to cali cali

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 11:35:10 AM »
shotta yuh could tell meh why kingman copy the whole damn thread just to reply :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 11:42:57 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

he is nut d first an aint go be d last

andre samuel i waitin to see a north south clash i cud bet money

cali beating any south team u wa come wit INCLUDING w connection even though them more centralish

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joe Public vs Caledonia AIA Match Report (still no Hardest)
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 03:19:44 PM »
I reached about 15 mins late for my first Pro League game in 21 years seeing that I don’t know the names of most players ill just give team rundowns in each half.

First Half.

Joe Public – This team looked largely unimaginative and lethargic in the 1st half. The midfield of Lyndon Andrews, Dwarika, Glasgow, and Colombian number 3 were ineffective at best and were often not on the same page. McCommie has the side tacticall sound but unimaginative at best. The two Jamaican forwards (Smith, Nelson) are veeeery opotunicstic and had some cracking shots at the Caledonia's goal but all down the keeper throat.

Caledonia - Short passing game looks a lot like Bertille St Clair's team in the Costa Rica game, depends a lot on luck. First half, Kendall Jagdeosingh never stops running. He will run for anyting at any one and his experience against the other teammates showed a lot. Conrad Smith and the Caledonia (Cali) number 10 picked off a lot of Joe's tru balls but the MORVANT mentality of holding on a little to long will be this teams Achilles heeel. The ref allowed some hard tackles on Jagdeosingh but no real shots from Cali as they tried to walk into the goal.

Second half

Joe Public – Looked really tired. Dwarika walked and walked and walked some more. Their right back Sean Powers reallll deadly and tried springing Glasgow on the break but he either over hit it or Glasgow over slow for it but after the rest Gary looked top for Joe Public. McCommie made 3 subs Dwarika and Sean Powers an a next player came off ……..Jemmott aint come on, 2 games, 2 reasons for to make up. He looked still with a little punch in his half time teatrics.

Caledonia AIA – Began brightly looked really likely to score. Jagdeosingh still running for annnnnnnnny thing, I even got tired watching him. Conrad had a clear run on but ref blow off side who was little Joe Public biased. 70 mins Hayden Tinto on for next striker Jagdeosingh and Tinto up front. Tinto first real ball hits Lyndon Andrews a spanner and cut fake Andrews falls on his bottom flaing arms, entire crowd screams Tinto ! Tinto ! Tinto ! free kick to Public. Tinto causes another foul this time on himself gives newly came on defender second yellow. Shelly a Antiguan steps up and blasts the free kick past Figueroa who was slowwwww for the entire game. By now Andrews walking, Conrad, Tinto, number 10 and Jagdeosingh running like no tomorrow.

Final score Cali 1 v Public 0.

Caledonia relie a lot on luck.

Joe Public tactiacally sound but Dwarika and an unfit Jemmott (Hardest) will provide nuttin for the forwards.

Player of the game Conrad Smith deft touches galore control Cali middle.

No real standout for Beenhakker to look at remember the name Kendall Jagdeosingh cuz he may RUN into u...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:23:54 AM by Flex »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: match report. joe vs calidonia ( still no hardest)
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 03:31:30 PM »
I reached about 15 mins late for my first pro league game in 21 years seeing that I don’t know the names of most players ill just give team rundowns in each half

first half

Joe – this team looked largely unimaginative and lethargic in the 1st half. The midfield of lyndon Andrews dwarika glasgoww ana Colombian nuber 3 were ineffective at best and were oft times not on the same page. Mcoomie has the side tacticall sound but unimaginative at best . the two Jamaican forwards are veeeey opotunicstic and had had some cracking shots at the cali goal but  all down the keeper throat.

Calidonia- short passing game looks a lot like BSC team in the costarica game depends a lot on luck. Forst half kendall jagdeosing never stops running . he will run for anyting at any one and his expericne against the other teammates showed a lot. Conrad smith and the cali number 10 picked off a lot of joes tru balls but the MORVANT mentality of holding on a lil to long will be this teams Achilles heeel. The ref allowed some hard tackles on jagdeosingh but no real shots from cali as they tried to walk into the goal

Second half

Joe – looked really tired. Dwarika walked and walked and walked some more. Their right back powers reallll deadly and tried springing Glasgow on the break but he either over hit it or Glasgow over slow for it but after the rest gary looked top for joe. Mcomoie made 3 subs dwarika and powers an a nex man come off ……..hardest aint come on 2 games 2 reasons for ti to make up. He looked still wit a lil puch in his half time teatrics

Calidonia – began brightly looked really likely to score. Jagdeosing  still running for annnnnnnnny ting I get tired watchin him.conrad had a clear runon but ref blow off side he was lil joe biased. 70 min tinto on for nex striker jagdeo and tinto up front. Tinto first real ball hits lyndon Andrews a spanner and cut fake Andrews ffalls on his bottom flaing arms , entire crowd screams tinto tiinto tinto free kick to joe. Tinto causes another foul dis time on himself gives newly came on defender second yellow. Shelly a antiguan steps up and blasts d free kick past figuroa who was slowwwww for the entire game. By now Andrews walking Conrad tinto 10 and jagdeosingh running like no tomorrow .

Final score cali 1 joe 0

Calidonia relie a lot on luck

Joe tactiacally sound but dwarika and an unfit hardest will provide nuttin for the forwards

Player of the game Conrad smith deft touches galore control cali middle

no real standout for beenie to look at remember the name kendall jagdeosing cuz he may RUN into u

Thanks for the run down. Seems like Joe Public have "big names" playing that cannot produce the goods. No surprise to me.

Kingman

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 03:55:28 PM »
Thanks for the report $#0++@. Maybe we could link to go some pfl games later this month.  I can't wait.....

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 04:07:07 PM »
HArdest is ah shit hound.

A dust bin terrier....a pot hound

doh mention he until he play and do something nah...steups

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 04:26:12 PM »
big thanks to $#0++@ for the report :thumbsup:

and thanks to West Coast for pointing me in the right direction  :beermug:  i've deleted my thread

but i still say that Dexter Skeene needs to get his head out of his ass and get with the program
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 04:28:25 PM by Jay the MECHANIC (gets the job done, son) »
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 05:16:32 PM »
how de man ent playing........he gobe playin fa TnT in de WORLD CUP

slaps self REAL hard................
oh sorry, was thinkin of someone else there

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »
shotta let meh tell yuh somthing

when me and billy was at caledonia annisette mention somthing i would never forget

conrad is goin to hold on no matter what so build a team around him and you would win cups

thanks fuh de rundown

yuh went by yuhself???

organise two cali juzzy fuh de block nah

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 09:31:29 PM »

WHILE it was never likely to be a goal-feast, by their standards Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA and Joe Public produced little excitement as they played out a hard-fought T&T Pro League East Derby before a good crowd at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Saturday night.

Known for close results, the East Derby was once again tight, and was decided on a late-free kick goal from Sheldon Emmanuel which gave Caledonia AIA an 84th minute winner.

The Morvant-based 'Eastern Stallions' have now scored two goals this season and picked up a maximum six points with them, after edging Defence Force by a similar 1-0 margin in the opening round.

They are now second on goal-difference to CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh who beat Tobago United 5-0 and have also won their opening two matches.

Neither Michael Wood in the Caledonia AIA goal or Alejandro Figueroa, Joe Public's recent Colombian acquisition from W. Connection had much to do in a goalless first half.

However, the Caledonia AIA defence had one moment of terror when stopper Stephen Gray had to clear a good drive from Lyndon Andrews away from his team's goal-line.

Eastern Lions, Joe Public, had familiar names such as Lyndon Andrews, Gary Glasgow, Dale Saunders and Arnold Dwarika in their midfield, but they were given little room to work by a very young, but hard-hustling Caledonia team.

The Morvant side had the first real chance of the match four minutes into the second half when Jason Cudjoe ran free down the centre of the penalty area, but ripped his hurried shot over Joe Public's crossbar.

Later, a free-kick from Kevin James stung Figueroa's fingertips as the Colombian keeper just kept the ball out of Joe Public near post. Wily Kendall Jagdeosingh also shrugged off heavy tugging from defender Adrian Michael before unleashing a dangerous volley just over the Joe Public goal.

Joe Public also had a chance to score when Dwarika's cross fell flush onto the head of their Jamaican sharp-shooter Roen Nelson. Their top scorer for the last two seasons, Nelson could only head the ball over the AIA crossbar. Joe Public then shot themselves in the leg when Jamaican substitute Wolry Wolfe got himself sent off after just ten minutes on the field and also gave away the free-kick from which Caledonia scored the winning goal.

Wolfe, on loan from Jamaica's Portmore United, got away with a wild tackle seconds after coming on for injured defender Devon Caseman. Two minutes later, Wolfe was booked for a horrible tackle, before later committing a second such offence and getting himself sent off. From the free-kick, Emmanuel hit a low diagonal shot across the box and in off the far post to win the game.

SATURDAY' S T&T PRO LEAGUE RESULTS:

San Juan Jabloteh 5 Tobago United 0

Caledonia AIA 1 Joe Public 0

United Petrotrin 0 Superstar Rangers 0

Defence Force 0 North East Stars 2

express

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 09:32:24 PM »
I reached about 15 mins late for my first pro league game in 21 years seeing that I don’t know the names of most players ill just give team rundowns in each half

first half

Joe – this team looked largely unimaginative and lethargic in the 1st half. The midfield of lyndon Andrews dwarika glasgoww ana Colombian nuber 3 were ineffective at best and were oft times not on the same page. Mcoomie has the side tacticall sound but unimaginative at best . the two Jamaican forwards are veeeey opotunicstic and had had some cracking shots at the cali goal but  all down the keeper throat.

Calidonia- short passing game looks a lot like BSC team in the costarica game depends a lot on luck. Forst half kendall jagdeosing never stops running . he will run for anyting at any one and his expericne against the other teammates showed a lot. Conrad smith and the cali number 10 picked off a lot of joes tru balls but the MORVANT mentality of holding on a lil to long will be this teams Achilles heeel. The ref allowed some hard tackles on jagdeosingh but no real shots from cali as they tried to walk into the goal

Second half

Joe – looked really tired. Dwarika walked and walked and walked some more. Their right back powers reallll deadly and tried springing Glasgow on the break but he either over hit it or Glasgow over slow for it but after the rest gary looked top for joe. Mcomoie made 3 subs dwarika and powers an a nex man come off ……..hardest aint come on 2 games 2 reasons for ti to make up. He looked still wit a lil puch in his half time teatrics

Calidonia – began brightly looked really likely to score. Jagdeosing  still running for annnnnnnnny ting I get tired watchin him.conrad had a clear runon but ref blow off side he was lil joe biased. 70 min tinto on for nex striker jagdeo and tinto up front. Tinto first real ball hits lyndon Andrews a spanner and cut fake Andrews ffalls on his bottom flaing arms , entire crowd screams tinto tiinto tinto free kick to joe. Tinto causes another foul dis time on himself gives newly came on defender second yellow. Shelly a antiguan steps up and blasts d free kick past figuroa who was slowwwww for the entire game. By now Andrews walking Conrad tinto 10 and jagdeosingh running like no tomorrow .

Final score cali 1 joe 0

Joe tactiacally sound but dwarika and an unfit hardest will provide nuttin for the forwards

no real standout for beenie to look at remember the name kendall jagdeosing cuz he may RUN into u

Thanks for the run down. Seems like Joe Public have "big names" playing that cannot produce the goods. No surprise to me.

Kingman

its kinda early in d season to be making them kinda judgments, dont u think??

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 09:45:40 PM »
shotta let meh tell yuh somthing

when me and billy was at caledonia annisette mention somthing i would never forget

conrad is goin to hold on no matter what so build a team around him and you would win cups

thanks fuh de rundown

yuh went by yuhself???

organise two cali juzzy fuh de block nah

nah ah chain up a crew to role wit man moving glad as d rover back in comission.

first half

Joe – this team looked largely unimaginative and lethargic in the 1st half. The midfield of lyndon Andrews dwarika glasgoww ana Colombian nuber 3 were ineffective at best and were oft times not on the same page. Mcoomie has the side tacticall sound but unimaginative at best . the two Jamaican forwards are veeeey opotunicstic and had had some cracking shots at the cali goal but all down the keeper throat.

Second half

Calidonia – began brightly looked really likely to score. Jagdeosing still running for annnnnnnnny ting I get tired watchin him.conrad had a clear runon but ref blow off side he was lil joe biased. 70 min tinto on for nex striker jagdeo and tinto up front. Tinto first real ball hits lyndon Andrews a spanner and cut fake Andrews ffalls on his bottom flaing arms , entire crowd screams tinto tiinto tinto free kick to joe. Tinto causes another foul dis time on himself gives newly came on defender second yellow. Shelly a antiguan steps up and blasts d free kick past figuroa who was slowwwww for the entire game. By now Andrews walking Conrad tinto 10 and jagdeosingh running like no tomorrow .

Final score cali 1 joe 0

Kingman

its kinda early in d season to be making them kinda judgments, dont u think??

wat kinda judgements??  dat joe have a midfield of national rejects and dey doing nuttin to warrent a return to the fold??

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 12:47:38 AM »
ok now that we can comfirm that Hardest cannot make the Joe Public 1st side... I want from now on to never hear any shit about him being on the World Cup team or him being on the team for 2010 or that Beenie didnt give him a chance... or that he SHOULD have been on the team... becuase at this stage that answer is very obvious...

Sargeant West Coast can you please write an official report stating these new contract terms... thank you much appriciated.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Caledonia AIA/Morvant Caledonia United Thread.
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 05:36:15 AM »
Caledonia AIA win East derby.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

While it was never likely to be a goal-feast, by their standards Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA and Joe Public produced little excitement as they played out a hard-fought T&T Pro League East Derby before a good crowd at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Saturday night.
Known for close results, the East Derby was once again tight, and was decided on a late-free kick goal from Sheldon Emmanuel which gave Caledonia AIA an 84th minute winner.
The Morvant-based 'Eastern Stallions' have now scored two goals this season and picked up a maximum six points with them, after edging Defence Force by a similar 1-0 margin in the opening round.
They are now second on goal-difference to San Juan Jabloteh who beat Tobago United 5-0 and have also won their opening two matches.
Neither Michael Wood in the Caledonia AIA goal or Alejandro Figueroa, Joe Public's recent Colombian acquisition from W. Connection had much to do in a goalless first half.
However, the Caledonia AIA defence had one moment of terror when stopper Stephen Gray had to clear a good drive from Lyndon Andrews away from his team's goal-line.
Eastern Lions, Joe Public, had familiar names such as Lyndon Andrews, Gary Glasgow, Dale Saunders and Arnold Dwarika in their midfield, but they were given little room to work by a very young, but hard-hustling Caledonia team.
The Morvant side had the first real chance of the match four minutes into the second half when Jason Cudjoe ran free down the centre of the penalty area, but ripped his hurried shot over Joe Public's crossbar.
Later, a free-kick from Kevin James stung Figueroa's fingertips as the Colombian keeper just kept the ball out of Joe Public near post. Wily Kendall Jagdeosingh also shrugged off heavy tugging from defender Adrian Michael before unleashing a dangerous volley just over the Joe Public goal.
Joe Public also had a chance to score when Dwarika's cross fell flush onto the head of their Jamaican sharp-shooter Roen Nelson. Their top scorer for the last two seasons, Nelson could only head the ball over the AIA crossbar. Joe Public then shot themselves in the leg when Jamaican substitute Wolry Wolfe got himself sent off after just ten minutes on the field and also gave away the free-kick from which Caledonia scored the winning goal.
Wolfe, on loan from Jamaica's Portmore United, got away with a wild tackle seconds after coming on for injured defender Devon Caseman. Two minutes later, Wolfe was booked for a horrible tackle, before later committing a second such offence and getting himself sent off. From the free-kick, Emmanuel hit a low diagonal shot across the box and in off the far post to win the game.

Saturday's T&T Pro League Results:

San Juan Jabloteh 5 v Tobago United 0.
Caledonia AIA 1 v Joe Public 0.
United Petrotrin 0 v Superstar Rangers 0.
Defence Force 0 v North East Stars 2.
W Connection 0 v Starworld Strikers 0.

Up-Close with SW Online member "Shotta" Report Here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 02:58:08 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public vs Caledonia AIA Match Report (still no Hardest)
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 07:39:19 AM »
Thanks for that report, Jadeosingh is BOSS !!!! so Tinto had Andrews busy...  :rotfl:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 08:30:13 AM »
As something that is lacking in our league and even noticed by Beenie the fitness level of our players are not up to standard or even measured......except for Mr Jagdeosingh
Warrior For Life !!

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia AIA Fire win East derby.
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 08:45:59 AM »
Well done Cali. Waiting for my player (stephen) to recover from injury. Good luck for the remainder of the season.

Kingman

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 08:47:55 AM »
Seems like Kendall Jagdeosingh was the only bright spot in this game. Ah like him already. I wonder why Royal failed to mention him in his report though ???
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 10:54:57 AM »
Different take on this: leh meh try tuh reframe based on what I am reading.

So I am first of all real delighted to read match reports from our league at home. It gives an update of TNT local  players and teams which are more revelant to me that all the european leagues. We may not have th quality players as them  overseas but this is we league. This brings me to the other point. I am disheartened to read that the players were not running to the quality which one sees in the European leagues. If this is in fact as reported, then that  has to change.

If you are a player  in the local league, and  there is an insipid and  stereotypical notion that  the 'local league' is not up to standard and no matter what you do as a local professional, you may not be looked at seriously for national team selection or you may be judged differently, what incentive
besides the fact that some locals are getting called up does a player have? I would think that  aprofessional regardless has to play at a level befitting his status and that no matter the context, if yuh good, someone will recognize that and selection /trial for  national selection will happen. I have to believe that any player who is  capable of playing at the level required for national selection would have been scrutinized and would have had an opportunity to be in Beenie's squad by now.

As a nation, as a  TNT pro league, and as individual players we  have to elevate the standard and approach to our game to ensure present and future success at all levels.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 10:58:55 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 11:37:06 AM »
nice report shotta!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »
$#0++@ and Royal i appreciate your reports on that game,but what i would like to know is if there is any way we can get reports on the other games,it seems to me like certain players and teams are being followed and that's not giving us a true picture of the league.

What level of Football are we looking for in T&T,i saw someone mention European,not because we don't play that way does it mean our games are no good,if we start looking at the positive things in our Football we will see good Football,our reports highlight the that are wrong,one positive thing though was when Tinto "spanner" somebody.

How organized are the teams?what sort of systems are they playing?what about Ball possession,pressure on the Ball etc i'm really tired hearing about Dwarika and Hardest,i think we have heard and seen enough of those guys lets try new blood,give me the names of some players from the other teams to look out for(promising players) etc     

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2006, 02:09:55 PM »
any scores on starworld vs w connection....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2006, 02:12:32 PM »
TI you alright bredda?   I see all kinds of TI bait throw here nad you remain quiet.  In fact I ent see a post by you in a while.  I hope is just something wrong with your computer and nothing wrong with you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 02:39:03 PM »
TI you alright bredda?   I see all kinds of TI bait throw here nad you remain quiet.  In fact I ent see a post by you in a while.  I hope is just something wrong with your computer and nothing wrong with you.

TI have a classic case of TABANCA!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>