April 19, 2024, 07:58:32 AM

Author Topic: Shakes out U-21s CAC qualifiers this week.  (Read 6245 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shakes out U-21s CAC qualifiers this week.
« on: March 27, 2006, 07:49:17 AM »
Shakes out U-21s CAC qualifiers this week.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

English-based midfielder Ricky Shakes will not be making the trip home to represent this country’s National Under 21 team as previously expected but his absence should not be a setback to the country’s hopes in the CAC qualifying matches against Dominica and Haiti this week.
That’s the feeling of technical director Lincoln Phillips who felt that the Ron La Forest coached team had gone through sufficient preparations for the tournament which kicks off with the hosts taking on Dominica at the Larry Gomes Stadium this Friday.
La Forest’s final squad will be announced this week but the US-based pros already started arriving on Sunday with former national Under 20 skipper Makan Hislop, Yohance Marshall, Jason Devenish, Marcelle Francois and Clevon George.
Ancil Farrier and Abiola Sandy will arrive on Tuesday with recent national senior team debutant Kevon Neaves touching down on Wednesday and will go into the team camp ahead of Friday’s encounter.
Phillips explained the reason for Shakes’ late pullout after Swindon Town management decided not to let him come home for the two games. Shakes had earlier made a second half appearance in his first international outing for T&T – in the 2-0 win over Iceland at Loftus Road last month.
“Ricky's coach was of the impression that he was scheduled to play only one game. The coach was very reluctant to have him stay away for ten days.  In order to maintain good relations with the coach, we opted to have him stay at home and hopefully represent T&T in July should we qualify for the CAC games in Colombia,” Phillips told TTFF Media.
Another standout at the recent training camp in Tampa, Randi Patterson will also miss out on the qualifiers. Patterson was part of the United States youth setup.
“Randi was born in the US. His father died quite some time ago and he acquired his mother’s name Patterson. As such it was very difficult to get the appropriate paperwork to process  Randi's passport in time for the qualifiers,” Phillips explained.
The T&T U21s suffered a 5-1 loss to local Pro League giants CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh at the Ato Boldon Stadium last Thursday but bounced back  with a 4-2 whipping of Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA through goals by Hayden Tinto, Judah Hernandez, Shane Calderon and Keston Alexander. But La Forest will be working around the clock this week to iron out some of the problems, particularly the inconsistency of the team thus far after a 1-0 loss to Defence Force on Sunday at UWI grounds, St Augustine.
"We don't see the absence of the two players as a major setback because the rest of the team has some very capable players who are very eager to do well. The preparations have been good and we have seen progress over the period so I expect the team to be well up for the challenges coming up next week," added Phillips.
La Forest and assistant Michael McComie will continue sessions each day this week before Friday’s opener which kicks off at 4pm. Haiti and Dominica will then meet at the same venue on Sunday from 4pm with T&T coming up against the Haitians on the Tuesday after from 4pm.

T&T U-21 Team:

Goalkeepers – Thorne Holder (Joe Public), Kerwyn Beckles (W Connection).

Defenders – Akile Edwards (Defence Force), Carlon Murray (San Juan Jabloteh), Ancil Farrier (Southern Connecticut University), Marcelle Francois (Young Harris College), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Yohance Marshall (University of South Florida).

Midfielder – Hayden Tinto (Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA), Josimar Belgrave (Superstar Rangers), Kevon Neaves (University of South Florida), Clevon George (Young Harris College), Jason Devenish (University of South Florida).

Forwards – Kendall Jagdeosingh (Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA), Shane Calderon (W Connection), Abiola Sandy (Bowling Green University), Judah Hernandez (Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA), Keston Alexander (Joe Public).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:52:34 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Shakes out U-21s CAC qualifiers this week.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:30:13 AM »
i am not suprised at allllll

we really need to re assess his comittment as he is ordinary at intl level

hopefully we wont be in d same situation if jones and birchall get call for d u 23 s

i remember c ronlado went to olympics after euro 2004 fo portugal u 23 s

oh well

SHOTTA
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »
randy patterson is a big loss, not being able to get his passport and ting, dat is a loss for we, ah hope he plays for us in the future :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 10:44:08 AM »

hopefully we wont be in d same situation if jones and birchall get call for d u 23 s

oh well

SHOTTA

but shotta most  ah we  players are ordinary at international 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 11:00:49 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 11:57:50 AM »

oh well

SHOTTA

De fella is U21 and not a regular starter on his club team....we should go easy on the fella.

We have grown, hard back fellas on we team...almost all at one point...that practically begged NOT to be called for National Duty.

And that includes our captain who was a bonafide starter on his club teams.

So we can't treat Shakes like that...cause he ent even born here and was willing to play U20 and U21 ball for us long time now. He get blank by Anton Corneal and still came back.

He seems to be a good fella man.  Ordinary is relative though.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 01:06:39 PM »
fuh real he never really impress me ah tink with age he should improve

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 09:07:35 PM »
Thats why we have to be careful with the English base players. Do they want to represent T&T or go to the WC?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 09:43:11 PM »
Thats why we have to be careful with the English base players. Do they want to represent T&T or go to the WC?

::) here we go again
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 04:07:55 AM »
Judah Hernandez plays for Caledonia AIA ? can anyone confirm this ? I know Shaun has it in his report, but I just need a confirmation as he makes mistakes a few times well. I see Gorian didn't make the team.

T&T should do well.... lets hope they get some media coverage.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 04:09:52 AM by Sando »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 07:04:02 AM »
fuh real he never really impress me ah tink with age he should improve

how many times have you watched him and came away unimpressed?

Offline Verteidiger

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 10:45:54 AM »
Anybody know why Randi Patterson name not there? If he not available or what? Cause they previoulsy listed his name as a memeber of the squad.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 10:51:40 AM »
Anybody know why Randi Patterson name not there? If he not available or what? Cause they previoulsy listed his name as a memeber of the squad.

Some information on your question has been mentioned in the above article....clues to follow if necessary :devil:

1]; } ?>