April 25, 2024, 07:18:49 PM

Author Topic: Joe Public coming to entertain.  (Read 7334 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Joe Public coming to entertain.
« on: April 01, 2006, 12:21:20 PM »
By: Joel Villafana.
[/size]

If you want to see flair, finesse and flamboyance on the football field—you need to come and see Joe Public FC take the field in the 2006 T&T Pro League.
Head Coach Michael Mc Commie is promising football fans an entertaining brand of football this season—he told ttproleague.com, “Joe Public’s philosophy has always been to entertain the people, and we love to play the short passing game and we want the crowds to come out enjoy the football.”
The ‘Eastern Lions’, who dominated the National Super League in 2004 and 2005, winning the league on both occasions are the least bit concerned about making the step back up to the pro-ranks.
“We don’t anticipate a problem in making the transition to the Pro League, for the simple fact that, the status of the team never changed, Joe Public have never stopped being a professional unit, even when we decided to play in the Super League among amateur teams—and we proved we have what it takes to match any of the teams in the Pro League when we met them in the Toyota Classic last season, Defence Force and Jabloteh can attest to that,” said Mc Commie.
The former national goal keeper says, “On paper, I believe we have a strong a team as any of the other teams—but we all know football is not played on paper—and all my players, especially those who were there last year in the Super League are looking forward to the challenge of playing tougher opposition—so it will be very interesting to see how it plays out.”
“There is no doubt that we respect the likes of Jabloteh, W Connection and North East Stars, I am a young coach in the business and while some may see me as arrogant, I have a lot of confidence in myself and the players that I have personally hand-picked, and when you have four to five quality teams in a ten team League that augurs well for local football—but I am confident that Joe Public can compete with any of the big guns, that’s the least of my worries. My problem is which of my players I will start and who do I leave on the bench,” Mc Commie added.
Joe Public’s line up this season is a colourful one, filled with Brazilians, Colombians, Jamaicans, Antiguans, Guyanese and some locals as well—Mc Commie made it clear, that Joe Public wanted to have a team that can not only compete, but win games, and the fact is the better local players are all tied up with clubs, so they had no choice but to bring in some foreigners to fill the gap.
“We have two Colombians—Phanor and Carlos Gonzales, Phanor is a 22 year old striker with enormous potential, so far he has played 4 practice games and has scored 8 goals. We have some Brazilians—Gorgie Da Silva, Vincente Da Costa and Leandro Monacao who played last season, has returned, the five Jamaicans who featured prominently in the Super League team are also back—Roen Nelson, Carlington smith, Wolry Wolfe, Adrian Mitchell And Jacomeno Barrette.”
The former National player also has some good local talent in his squad—the likes of Arnold Dwarika, Gary Glasgow, Kerwyn Jemmott, Devon Caseman, Lyndon Andrews, Travis Mulraine and skipper Dale Saunders have all returned to the ranks.
Michael Mc Commie says, “We will be fielding a nice young all round team, that is capable of playing entertaining football and I strongly believe once we play the game as we know how at Joe Public we will get favorable results.”
Mc Commie denies feeling any pressure heading into the season—he said, “Any coach of a top class outfit would feel a certain degree of pressure, it comes with the territory, but I personally don’t feel any pressure—because as a player, I played best under pressure, and the board of directors at Joe Public have given me full support and they have allowed me the freedom to mould this team.”
The objectives of the ‘Eastern Lions’ this season is unique, Mc Commie says, “Joe Public wants to stamp their brand of football in Trinidad and Tobago, “We want to entertain the fans in a professional manner—we are very well organized in terms of pre-season preparation, the guys are fit and ready to play and we believe we have the capacity to win the League—Joe Public is a marathon team and not a sprint team and the league title is well within our grasp—however, every competition we play we will be playing to win.”
He boasted, “Silverware and Joe Public are synonymous—since I have been associated with the club we have never gone a season without winning silverware, and this year is no different, the quality at the club and the money that has been put into the team demands that we win titles and we will be aiming to live up to that.”

Team Profile.

Coach—Michael Mc Commie

2004 Achievements.

Super League Champions and Knockout Champions.
Last Season’s Top Goal Scorer—Roen Nelson and Carlington Smith—22 goals each.

New Players— Carlos Gonzales, Phanor Gonzales, Vincente Da Costa, Gorgie Da Silva, Anthony Abrahams, Arnold Dwarika, Gary Glasgow, Kerwyn Jemmott and Travis Mulraine.

Registered Squad of Players.

Captain- Dale Saunders

Goalkeepers— Jacomeno Barrette.

Defenders— Carlos Gonzales, Adrian Mitchell, Terrence Mc Allister, Jason Springer, George Dublin, Gorgie Da Silva.

Midfielders— Lyndon Andrews, Dale Saunders Devon Caseman, Kerwyn Jemmott, Arnold Dwarika, Anthony Abrahams, Vincente Da Costa Wolry Wolfe and Travis Mulraine.

Forwards— Phanor Gonzales, Roen Nelson, Carlington Smith, Leandro Monacao, Gary Glasgow and Seon Powers.
Five Jamaicans join Joe Public roster for Pro League.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Prolific scorers Roen Nelson and Carlington Smith are among five Jamaicans joining a beefed up Joe Public roster for their entry into T&T’s 2006 Professional Football League (PFL) season.
Nelson and Smith were in Joe Public’s line in the National Super League (Division Two) last season, when the team repeated the success of the previous year. The club boosts a strong roster with several national players and South Americans.
“We played in the Super League last year and we did the double, and now we have to strengthen the team to face stiffer opposition in the top league,” Joe Public coach, Michael McComie, told CMC Sport on Wednesday.
Former T&T internationals Gary Glasgow and Travis Mulraine, who had US Major League Soccer (MLS) experience with the Kansas City Wizards and DC United, respectively, along with gifted playmaker Arnold Dwarika, who has been playing in China, will don Joe Public gear this season.
Nelson and Smith, who were overall joint leading scorers last season with 22 goals each, Wolry Wolfe, Adrian Mitchell and goalkeeper Jacomeno Barrett are the Jamaicans returning, plus two Colombians, and three Brazilians, joining Leandro Moncao to raise the Brazilian presence in the outfit to four.
“We’re glad to have the Jamaicans back, they bring a special flavour to the team, most importantly hard work and work ethic,” McComie said.
McComie said the quality and depth of his squad should provide the platform for a successful season.
“Competition for places in the team will be tough and that augurs well for us. The type of players on my bench would probably play in other teams in the league. Right now the squad is about 28, so three guys have to be cut.
The season looks very promising,” McComie added.
The season is set to start on April 8 with W-Connection as defending champions and McComie says his side is ready and raring to go.
“The players are eager to play and anxious to start the season. I am very impressed with their fitness, the Jamaicans are just coming off their club championship season, and the other players are fit, because we’ve been training since the tenth of January,” McComie added.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 12:36:45 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public coming to entertain.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 01:43:50 PM »
The PFL looks very competitive this year. Looks like my team DF in for a rough year with Joe , Jab and WC looking real strong.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 05:01:16 PM »
It will be interested to see Joe Public line up.... seeing that they have so many foreigners on their team and only 4 can take the field at any given time.. ?

If Jack Warner really had T&T at heart, would he have sign all these foreigners ? what will happen to our youths coming up. Jack of all people should know how important it is to have our youth play at the pro league, we do not have a program and the pro league will certainly help our youth players. Even the JP keeper is from Jamaica and thats one area we are lacking in badly.

I am sure if some pro league team sign most of our last under 20 team they would have done good in the pro league.

RE: Do you think the Jamaican league will buy any T&T players now !! Joe Public harvesting them.

Go Starworld Strikers, Defence Force and Jabloteh.

North East Stars sold alot of their players also, their 2006 roster will be interested.....

Foreigners to the league is all well and good though, but we must seek South and Central American players, they can add more value to the league and our players can also pick up a tip or two, they also die for football, we could learn that too, we need the passion.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 07:40:05 PM »
big up to joe gary glasgow and dwarika nice in d middle

sando u sure dat is a rule of d league???

i think they dun away wit dat last year
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 08:28:44 PM »

So wait, is only one goalkeeper on de squad? Who is de backup, Dwarika?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 08:33:03 PM »

So wait, is only one goalkeeper on de squad? Who is de backup, Dwarika?

Michael Mc Commie i guess
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 10:34:44 AM »
hardest could keep too
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 10:41:41 AM »
U-21 team member Hasley Holder is the back up keeper....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 01:41:37 PM »
By: Joel Villafana.
[/size]

If you want to see flair, finesse and flamboyance on the football field—you need to come and see Joe Public FC take the field in the 2006 T&T Pro League.
Head Coach Michael Mc Commie is promising football fans an entertaining brand of football this season—he told ttproleague.com, “Joe Public’s philosophy has always been to entertain the people, and we love to play the short passing game and we want the crowds to come out enjoy the football.”
The ‘Eastern Lions’, who dominated the National Super League in 2004 and 2005, winning the league on both occasions are the least bit concerned about making the step back up to the pro-ranks.
“We don’t anticipate a problem in making the transition to the Pro League, for the simple fact that, the status of the team never changed, Joe Public have never stopped being a professional unit, even when we decided to play in the Super League among amateur teams—and we proved we have what it takes to match any of the teams in the Pro League when we met them in the Toyota Classic last season, Defence Force and Jabloteh can attest to that,” said Mc Commie.
The former national goal keeper says, “On paper, I believe we have a strong a team as any of the other teams—but we all know football is not played on paper—and all my players, especially those who were there last year in the Super League are looking forward to the challenge of playing tougher opposition—so it will be very interesting to see how it plays out.”
“There is no doubt that we respect the likes of Jabloteh, W Connection and North East Stars, I am a young coach in the business and while some may see me as arrogant, I have a lot of confidence in myself and the players that I have personally hand-picked, and when you have four to five quality teams in a ten team League that augurs well for local football—but I am confident that Joe Public can compete with any of the big guns, that’s the least of my worries. My problem is which of my players I will start and who do I leave on the bench,” Mc Commie added.
Joe Public’s line up this season is a colourful one, filled with Brazilians, Colombians, Jamaicans, Antiguans, Guyanese and some locals as well—Mc Commie made it clear, that Joe Public wanted to have a team that can not only compete, but win games, and the fact is the better local players are all tied up with clubs, so they had no choice but to bring in some foreigners to fill the gap.
“We have two Colombians—Phanor and Carlos Gonzales, Phanor is a 22 year old striker with enormous potential, so far he has played 4 practice games and has scored 8 goals. We have some Brazilians—Gorgie Da Silva, Vincente Da Costa and Leandro Monacao who played last season, has returned, the five Jamaicans who featured prominently in the Super League team are also back—Roen Nelson, Carlington smith, Wolry Wolfe, Adrian Mitchell And Jacomeno Barrette.”
The former National player also has some good local talent in his squad—the likes of Arnold Dwarika, Gary Glasgow, Kerwyn Jemmott, Devon Caseman, Lyndon Andrews, Travis Mulraine and skipper Dale Saunders have all returned to the ranks.
Michael Mc Commie says, “We will be fielding a nice young all round team, that is capable of playing entertaining football and I strongly believe once we play the game as we know how at Joe Public we will get favorable results.”
Mc Commie denies feeling any pressure heading into the season—he said, “Any coach of a top class outfit would feel a certain degree of pressure, it comes with the territory, but I personally don’t feel any pressure—because as a player, I played best under pressure, and the board of directors at Joe Public have given me full support and they have allowed me the freedom to mould this team.”
The objectives of the ‘Eastern Lions’ this season is unique, Mc Commie says, “Joe Public wants to stamp their brand of football in Trinidad and Tobago, “We want to entertain the fans in a professional manner—we are very well organized in terms of pre-season preparation, the guys are fit and ready to play and we believe we have the capacity to win the League—Joe Public is a marathon team and not a sprint team and the league title is well within our grasp—however, every competition we play we will be playing to win.”
He boasted, “Silverware and Joe Public are synonymous—since I have been associated with the club we have never gone a season without winning silverware, and this year is no different, the quality at the club and the money that has been put into the team demands that we win titles and we will be aiming to live up to that.”

Team Profile.

Coach—Michael Mc Commie

2004 Achievements.

Super League Champions and Knockout Champions.
Last Season’s Top Goal Scorer—Roen Nelson and Carlington Smith—22 goals each.

New Players— Carlos Gonzales, Phanor Gonzales, Vincente Da Costa, Gorgie Da Silva, Anthony Abrahams, Arnold Dwarika, Gary Glasgow, Kerwyn Jemmott and Travis Mulraine.

Registered Squad of Players.

Captain- Dale Saunders

Defenders— Carlos Gonzales, Adrian Mitchell, Terrence Mc Allister, Jason Springer, George Dublin, Gorgie Da Silva.

Midfielders— Lyndon Andrews, Dale Saunders Devon Caseman, Kerwyn Jemmott, Arnold Dwarika, Anthony Abrahams, Vincente Da Costa Wolry Wolfe and Travis Mulraine.

Forwards— Phanor Gonzales, Roen Nelson, Carlington Smith, Leandro Monacao, Gary Glasgow and Seon Powers.
Five Jamaicans join Joe Public roster for Pro League.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Prolific scorers Roen Nelson and Carlington Smith are among five Jamaicans joining a beefed up Joe Public roster for their entry into T&T’s 2006 Professional Football League (PFL) season.
Nelson and Smith were in Joe Public’s line in the National Super League (Division Two) last season, when the team repeated the success of the previous year. The club boosts a strong roster with several national players and South Americans.
“We played in the Super League last year and we did the double, and now we have to strengthen the team to face stiffer opposition in the top league,” Joe Public coach, Michael McComie, told CMC Sport on Wednesday.
Former T&T internationals Gary Glasgow and Travis Mulraine, who had US Major League Soccer (MLS) experience with the Kansas City Wizards and DC United, respectively, along with gifted playmaker Arnold Dwarika, who has been playing in China, will don Joe Public gear this season.
Nelson and Smith, who were overall joint leading scorers last season with 22 goals each, Wolry Wolfe, Adrian Mitchell and goalkeeper Jacomeno Barrett are the Jamaicans returning, plus two Colombians, and three Brazilians, joining Leandro Moncao to raise the Brazilian presence in the outfit to four.
“We’re glad to have the Jamaicans back, they bring a special flavour to the team, most importantly hard work and work ethic,” McComie said.
McComie said the quality and depth of his squad should provide the platform for a successful season.
“Competition for places in the team will be tough and that augurs well for us. The type of players on my bench would probably play in other teams in the league. Right now the squad is about 28, so three guys have to be cut.
The season looks very promising,” McComie added.
The season is set to start on April 8 with W-Connection as defending champions and McComie says his side is ready and raring to go.
“The players are eager to play and anxious to start the season. I am very impressed with their fitness, the Jamaicans are just coming off their club championship season, and the other players are fit, because we’ve been training since the tenth of January,” McComie added.

I am very anxious to see how the PFL turns out this season. I think it would be very competitive (hopefully) and all the talent would be evenly distributed among all teams. I just hope that all the teams should get the financial support so that the league could grow instead of decline. Look forward to everything!  :beermug:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »
go jabloteh.....the total local squad   tnt......i will have to go see some joe public games too....dwarika and jemmott...2 of my fave tnt players...but oh god...ah have to see all dem frikkin wild man jamaician....s#it....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 02:00:37 PM »
ah disappointed in joe public wit de yardman and dem, ah real disgraced by dem employing yardmen, dey could stay home for all i care, why we need tuh bring dem here for, we have real youths tuh run, JW do somefoolishness dey

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 02:07:34 PM »
ah disappointed in joe public wit de yardman and dem, ah real disgraced by dem employing yardmen, dey could stay home for all i care, why we need tuh bring dem here for, we have real youths tuh run, JW do somefoolishness dey

I disagree! Jamaica have a very aggressive style of football. Very rough and intense. That is why they are able to run with and respected by the concacaf "big dogs." Some teams look for these attributes in players to bring to their teams. Some league require those type of footballers too. I think the players can only bring  something unique to the league which might turn out to be a good thing. San Juan plays very aggressive as well and that is why W-Connection saying they are "wild." Trinidad football on a whole needs to be more aggressive. If we cannot be more techical and better than these teams in our region then we need to bring something different to our game to ramp with them. Either we strive to be the fittest team and/or very aggressive team. My humble opinion.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 06:21:04 PM »

I disagree! Jamaica have a very aggressive style of football. Very rough and intense. That is why they are able to run with and respected by the concacaf "big dogs." Some teams look for these attributes in players to bring to their teams. Some league require those type of footballers too. I think the players can only bring  something unique to the league which might turn out to be a good thing. San Juan plays very aggressive as well and that is why W-Connection saying they are "wild." Trinidad football on a whole needs to be more aggressive. If we cannot be more techical and better than these teams in our region then we need to bring something different to our game to ramp with them. Either we strive to be the fittest team and/or very aggressive team. My humble opinion.

Kingman

Yeah well said Kingman..fuh ah team tuh be successful in ball today yuh need some players wit belly on yuh roster..an de yardmen an even dem Guyanese does bring dah type ah rugged, all bout work rate mentality tuh de football..so I too go disagree dat it bad tuh have dem in de league...dis is ah chance fuh we players tuh take ah page from dey book and be more aggressive wen playin ball...cuz believe me yuh see in dem trainin sessions de jammin does be tough an de aggression does pass on from player tuh player.So all in all I believe we go benefit from dem being in de league..an hopefully we could geh some more ball winners fuh de international scene.
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 06:52:13 PM »

Kingman

Yeah well said Kingman..fuh ah team tuh be successful in ball today yuh need some players wit belly on yuh roster..an de yardmen an even dem Guyanese does bring dah type ah rugged, all bout work rate mentality tuh de football..so I too go disagree dat it bad tuh have dem in de league...dis is ah chance fuh we players tuh take ah page from dey book and be more aggressive wen playin ball...cuz believe me yuh see in dem trainin sessions de jammin does be tough an de aggression does pass on from player tuh player.So all in all I believe we go benefit from dem being in de league..an hopefully we could geh some more ball winners fuh de international scene.

brazil current team doh play no rough ball, dey aggressive in terms of attacking a defender, but dats it, dey coach even complain australia may be a rough team to deal wit and he want his players tuh watch demselves, aggressiveness doh mean nothin, is intelligence and skill breds, 80 mental is football, but having the aggression is also needed in de league, but we have fellahs in trinidad who like dat, we dont need ja tuh show us dat, in de ghetto we does play rough thru and thru  :beermug:

1]; } ?>