March 28, 2024, 05:47:05 PM

Author Topic: Men's U-16 Football Thread.  (Read 27525 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Men's U-16 Football Thread.
« on: April 03, 2006, 06:42:52 AM »
T&T open against Cup Champions.
By: Flex Mohammed.
[/size]

Chicago Magic, the defending national champions will take on T&T national Under 16 team today in a Dallas Cup showdown from 4pm. T&T occupies "Bracket G" along with Chicago Magic, Crossfire Premier and Brentwood Excel United. Tomorrow the Young Warriors will come up against Brentwood Excel United, 2:00pm and then on the 12th they play Crossfire Premier from 10:00am. All T&T games will be played at the Pizza Hut Park Field.

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Jesse Fullerton, Matthew Jardim.

Defenders:
Sheldon Bateau, Ryan O'Neil, Robert Primus, Brendon Barbosa.

Midfielders:
Elton John, Leston Paul, Sean De Silva, Stephan Chang, Chad De Freitas, Jean Luc Rochford, Stephen Knox.

Forwards:
Daniel Joseph, Franz Husbands, Daniel Cyrus, Brandon Rupert, Micah Lewis.

Coach:
Ken Elie.

Manager:
Christopher Gouveia.

Head of Delegation:
Lincoln Phillips.
T&T U-16 team about to make Dallas Cup debut.
By: Flex Mohammed.

The Trinidad and Tobago national under 16 team will be heading to the United States, Texas preferable to participate for the first time in one of the most popular youth soccer cups in the world, the "Dallas Cup". Trinidad and Tobago will occupy Group C along with renamed MetroStars team the Red Bull New York, IMG Soccer Academy and FC Texas Black. The T&T team is said to be leaving this Friday and the Roster and Staff members will be released shortly. Once again the TTFF Technical Director Lincoln Phillips continues to make strides in his development of T&T football.
The Dallas Cup is the premier international youth soccer tournament in the world. Since 1980, Dallas Cup has hosted teams from all over the United States and the world. Soccer legend, Sir Bobby Charlton of Manchester United and England fame, will be the guest of honor at this year’s Dallas Cup tournament.
Meantime, all games will be played at the Pizza Hut Park complex on Friday, April 14 and Saturday, April 15. Time slots on Friday will be at 9:30 am, 11:30 am, and 1:30 pm. Time slots on Saturday will be at 9:00 am and 11:00 am. Friday time slots will be filled first, beginning with the 9:30 am slot. Once all time slots on Friday are full, Saturday time slots will be assigned, beginning with the 9:00 am slot.

Competing in the Super Group division of Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXVII, April 9-16, 2006 (listed alphabetically) will be;

• Blackburn Rovers FC of Blackburn, England, the 2005 Premier Academy League Under 18 Champions.

• CF Monterrey of Monterrey, Mexico, has been a long time Dallas Cup participant and holds more Dallas Cup championship trophies than any other club.

• Consadole Sapporo of Sapporo, Japan, are the Under 18 finalists in the 2005 Prince Takamado Cup.

• Dallas Texans Red of Dallas, Texas, USA, are the current United States U-17 National Champions.

• Deportivo Saprissa of San Jose, Costa Rica, competed last year in Dallas Cup XXVI Super Group.

• Eintracht Frankfurt of Frankfurt, Germany, making this their 2nd appearance in the Dallas Cup Super Group.

• FC Delco Crunch of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, were Under 17 finalists in Dallas Cup XXVI.

• FC Groningen of Groningen, Netherlands, includes three members of the Dutch National U-17 Team that won the bronze medal in the 2005 FIFA World Championship.

• Manchester United FC of Manchester, England. This will be the first time Manchester has sent a Super Group team, but have participated in the younger age groups in the past.

• Real Madrid CF of Madrid, Spain, will be returning to Dallas Cup as two-time back-to-back Super Group Champions in Dallas Cup XIV & XV.

• Santos Laguna of Torreon Mexico, Dallas Cup XXVI Super Group finalists.

• Tigres of Monterrey, Mexico, are the Dallas Cup XXIV Super Group Champions.

An announcement like this, would not be complete without unveiling the Sunday, April 9 line-up at Pizza Hut Park with the Dallas Texans Red of USA vs. Tigres of Mexico at 3:00pm, Opening Ceremonies, with an Olympic-style “Parade of Teams” at 5:00pm, followed by the Featured Match of opening day, Manchester United FC of England vs. Real Madrid CF of Spain at 7:00pm. Randy Jones, tournament manager, said, “The Super Group brackets are tough, so it will be exciting to see who comes through to the finals, Sunday, April 16th. It is amazing to think that some of these world class teams will have the opportunity to play each other for the first time, ever, right here in Frisco.”
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:39:59 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

truetrini

Re: T&T U-16 team about to make Dallas Cup debut.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 06:46:23 AM »
Nice one Flex.  That is surely Lincoln Phillips' idea.

Each year he takes teams to contest the Dallas Cup.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:25:16 AM »
Lincoln Phillips really trying his best to improve T&T football, this tour will do our team good I just hope he gets the financial backing to continue to do what he is doing and more. He is smart person and have his heart in T&T but he must be careful of fellas like Richard Gorden, Anton and Alvin Corneal they will cut him up behind his back like a gladiators.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:35:19 AM »
Great news! This will be an excellent learning curve for those players.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 07:56:09 AM »
ditto!....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 08:19:37 AM »
Great news fuh real! i am so happy nice work Lincoln. But i must say our under 16 playing against under 19 teams :o `.Well they will get the taste of stronger opposition  and can only benefit from the experience.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 08:22:53 AM »
nice rundown flex...........

much appreciated  :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »
Flex, I notice you're writing a lot these days, I am sure if you had the contacts to more sources you would have been up there with the rest... Its none stop good vibes here.... keep up the good work.

The Dallas Cup is a great tour.. but are we sending an under prepared team again to another tour or was the under 16 team in training all this time. I don’t care if we didn't win the Dallas Cup, but we must not embarrass ourselves at the same time...

Good Luck Lincoln and great work, lets hope we have a decent under 16 team coach, maybe Stephan Hart or Jan Steadman. Good things dont come cheap, but it shouldn't be to expensive at the same time.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 08:34:51 AM »
real happy for dis development, flex and lincoln is boss  :beermug:

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 08:43:10 AM »
thanks flex...that is great news..Give the youths exposure on what level other kids are at...shud improve the quality of our players
Back in Trini...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 11:14:32 AM »
I overheard a coach across from my office talking about Trinidad and Tobago, but I did not want to butt in.  I hope we beat the Red Bulls, cause I ain't go hear the end of this if his team beats us. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 11:18:19 AM »
The red bull has a Haitian player with them  he is wicked his name is Josmer Altidore . not sure if he would be on that red bull under 19team
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:20:11 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 11:45:54 AM »
what is the roster of the t&t U-16 team?

fabio

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 12:01:51 PM »
what is the roster of the t&t U-16 team?

nice man.lehwe start from now and groom ah solid team oui

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 03:00:48 PM »
i went wit sean (de silva) to go buy sum tugs wit him today he seem rel confident

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 03:12:44 PM »
yeh matthew jardim is one of the two keepers  das my rell gud fren  he say every1 sounding confident

he rell happy bout goin  so is sean     dat is rell gud experience fuh dem

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 04:01:32 PM »
One question who is coaching this team?

Troy 8)
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 04:02:04 PM »
yuh doh happen to have a run-down and names  of the entire squad

Bless
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 04:06:51 PM »
fuh real jardim make well das gud he betta dan de bench keeper from de cfu cup team
an  i doh kno de official squad i jus know the general players da wud be playin not  wa  d coach officially call

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 04:17:52 PM »
TT teams are no stranger to the Dallas Cup.

Alvin used to regularly take Alcons there. TT has also participated in this Cup b4.

Stern John was discovered in this tournament...I think it was for the TT U -19 team.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 04:29:22 PM »
true VB alcons used to represent since 93 but then stop after a few years.
but send the u-16 youths, good exposure serve tehm well down the line. send them as much tournaments as possible.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 04:42:10 PM »
VB..... my report suggested that first time for a national team of T&T, I wasn't referring to a club.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 04:47:20 PM »
Well Flex "suggest" is the key word.

It's either the first time or it isn't.

As I said Stern was discovered in this tournament...but was it for Alcons or TT ....I cah remember. I'm pretty sure this is not the first time for a TT national team at the tournament. However, if I wrong ...cool.

And ah not knocking you... :)

VB

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dallas Cup Schedule
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 07:08:11 PM »
Monday, April 10, 2006 at 4:00 PM
T&T vs Chicago Magic
Venue: Pizza Hut Park Field #1

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 2:00 PM
T&T vs Brentwood Excel United
Venue: Pizza Hut Park Field #14

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at 10:00 AM
T&T vs Crossfire Premier
Venue: Pizza Hut Park Field #17
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 07:09:49 PM »
 ;D

player names...?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 07:13:21 PM »
Well Flex "suggest" is the key word.

It's either the first time or it isn't.

As I said Stern was discovered in this tournament...but was it for Alcons or TT ....I cah remember. I'm pretty sure this is not the first time for a TT national team at the tournament. However, if I wrong ...cool.

And ah not knocking you... :)

VB

How did the Alcons or the tnt  perform in the dallas cup back then if i may ask. Did they win any games .

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 05:54:29 AM »
I couldn't find any results for Tt or Alcons in the Dallas Cup...but...

I found this quote from Stern on Felx site:

2. Name two persons, whether relative or not who have been an inspiration to you.

Dwight Yorke from day one. Growing up watching the Strike Squad, and seeing him make it big in England from a third world country. That has been a major inspiration to me. My uncles and my brother Kenwyne John. When I used to come up for Dallas Cup, he used to drive us around, be around at the hotel, he’s much older than I am and he lives in Miami. Always been there for me. I tend to inspire myself because I’ve always wanted to be successful. I know how much hard work it takes to reach there. I want to make full use of a talent and I hope I can encourage others as well whether it be football or any other gift

Stern would have prob. been discovered around 1995 in this tournament.
But sorry couldn't find any results. TM go have to step in here.. :)

Peace,
VB

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 05:59:09 AM »
Well maybe its the first for an under 16 team.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Men's U-16 Football Thread.
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 05:11:16 PM »
U-16s in beach work out for CFU cup.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Youth Development Officer Anton Corneal will continue overseeing the preparations of this country’s National Under 16 team along with the technical staff going into the upcoming Caribbean Football Union Youth Cup which gets going here from August 16.
Corneal has been at work with the screening sessions in search of new talent in the respective regional associations since his return from Germany where he served as assistant coach of the “Soca Warriors”.
This Saturday at UWI Grounds, St Augustine, some fifty players will come together for a final session from which new blood will be added to the existing Under 16 team which comprises the majority of players which represented T&T at the Under 15 regional tournament last year.
According to Corneal, this squad has been in training over the past few months and as such he is excited over the prospects of the bunch of players who he thinks would have matured over the year. Corneal was also in charge of the Under 15 team last year.
“We continued screening sessions because you can never end the search for players but we have in fact had a squad in training over recent times and this consists of the players who were in our Under 15 team last year,” Corneal told TTFF Media. “I am anticipating the shape of these players but we know it’s going to be tough going in any competition and we are prepared for that. The opportunity to have the likes of Mexico, Canada and the other guest teams like Panama, Guatemala and El Salvador will present us with a perfect opportunity to match ourselves with the outside team if we do in fact go through to the final CONCACAF stage.”
Some of the players of the Under 15 squad presently with the Under 16s include goalkeeper Jessie Fullerton, Franz Husbands, Sheldon Bateau, Leston Paul, Sean de Silva and Stephen Knox among others.
Corneal had the current squad undergoing physical training on the Mayaro Beach on Wednesday morning and training will continue leading up to the finalizing of the final squad. Corneal will remain in charge of the Under 16 team and has been pardoned from traveling with the Senior team for the August 9 friendly against Japan in Tokyo.
T&T will kick off the tournament in a Group E opener against Aruba at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 4pm on August 14. If the winning spot goes to any of the guest teams (Mexico, Panama, Canada, Guatemala, El Salvador) or Jamaica which will host one of the two Final groups, then the next Caribbean team will advance as the CFU champions into the final phase. From that final round in which eight teams will contest over two groups of four nations, five winners will then advance the 2007 FIFA Under 17 Championship in Korea.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:45:36 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: U-16s in beach work out for CFU cup.
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 03:27:55 AM »
According to de above report, I taught Ken Elie was in charge of de under 15 team last year and not Anton Corneal.

Hope to see Javed Mohammed and Silas Spann take some part.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>