April 26, 2024, 06:16:01 PM

Author Topic: Caledonia close out the Army  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Caledonia close out the Army
« on: April 10, 2006, 05:32:01 AM »
Caledonia close out the Army.
By: Joel Villafana.
[/size]

Caledonia AIA could not have asked for a better start to their 2006 pro- league campaign, as they came away with a narrow 1 – 0 victory over the Defense force at the Larry Gomes stadium.
Caledonia started the game on a cautious note and were forced to defend for the opening 20 minutes of the game. However, they settled down from that point and were rewarded with a goal in the 37th minute of the first half.
Caledonia’s goal developed from a throw deep on the right hand side of the Defense force area, that picked out an unmarked Jason Cudjoe – who had the simple task of tapping the ball past goalkeeper Cleon John to give Caledonia a deserving 1 – 0 lead
The Defense force did have their moments however to get back in the contest and should have scored off their best chance in the 68th minute. Forward, Devon Jorsling was played clear through and with only the goalkeeper to beat Jorsling amazingly shot wide of an open goal.
Caledonia’s head coach Jamal Shabazz fielded three of T&T’s under 21 players in this match and one of them, Judah Hernandez, should have extended Caledonia’s lead in the 91st minute but his low shot from eight yards out was bravely blocked by the on rushing Cleon John.
Overall, Defense force seemed to be just a half step behind Caledonia at both ends of the field.
Last season just three points separated the two teams with Caledonia finishing in 3rd spot and defense force in 4th. With that in mind, they both would be well aware of the importance of having good starts, especially with the possibility of teams being relegated at season end.

Squads:

Defense force: Anton Pierre (captain), Cleon John (gk), Kenrick Saunders, Michael Edwards, Balondemu Julius, Devon Jorsling, Kevon Carter, Corey Rivers, Ronald St. Louis (sub) Kerwyn Balthazar, Ronald Bryce and Christian Baptiste (sub) (Anton Joseph)

Calediona AIA: Sheldon Emmanuel (captain), Michael Woods (gk), Kareem Joseph, Julio De La Rosa, Stephen Gray, Stephen David, Kendall Jagdeosingh (sub) Hayden Tinto, Conrad Smith (sub) Uz Taylor, Jason Cudjoe (sub) Judah Hernandez, Junior Spencer, Kevin James.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Caledonia close out the Army
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:41:38 AM »
iin the words of  the late great

"im going going back back to cali cal"i

calidonia home of the brave

tinto jagdeosing henandez modeste conrad

oh gwam when goal start to fly in i go be bawling loud