March 28, 2024, 03:55:34 AM

Author Topic: Exclusive Interview with David John Williams.  (Read 19660 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Exclusive Interview with David John Williams.
« on: April 11, 2006, 09:43:54 AM »
Exclusive Interview with David John Williams.
Interview Conducted By Flex Mohammed.

Webmaster of the Soca Warriors Online Flex Mohammed speaks with W Connection boss Mr. David John Williams getting his views on the Trinidad and Tobago Professional Football League and the future of his club.

1.[/color] What is your main goal for W Connection.
DJW - To repeat as League Champions and Win the Concacaf Club Championship.

2.[/color] Many have condemn W Connection in the pass saying that they should be called Foreign Connection that they do not invest in T&T players and do not have T&T at heart. All they do is market our players to foreign clubs, what's your thoughts on this.
DJW - This year if you look at our roster we have 18 players on our senior roster that has come through our youth system. No other club can boast of that and they are all local players. In order to survive in T&T you must market players overseas. If you check you will see that Connection has had the most successful youth programme. If you look at the Petrotrin rooster this season you will see Kevon Clement, Kennedy Hinckson and Kelvin Modeste. They are on loan to Petrotrin and they all came through our youth programme.

3.[/color] Is Leroy Spann and Leonson Lewis still part of your W Connection staff.
DJW - Only Leonson Lewis.

4.[/color] Will W Connection par-take in the CONCACAF Cup this year, if yes, who will who like to face first, what's you plans then.
DJW - We Just have to wait and see who we draw.

5.[/color] How do you plan to go about improving the fans based and pubic support for W Connection.
DJW - W Connection does  have a large fan base. It is just that we have to market the games a little more. We do not have a large budget at present for this but we feel that we do need the support of the media in doing more stories before the matches to hype up the games. We are hopeful that we can be able to get Gilbert Park so we can improve it and play our home game there. We will get good crowds there.

6.[/color] We at the Soca Warriors Online is very committed to T&T football in general, can you or any of your staff provide us with weekly updates on the Pro League, W Connection for the least.
DJW - Visit our web site every week and you will see all the updates, starting this Tuesday. In about two weeks time you will be able to see highlights of our game on our website within 4 hrs of the game taking place.

7.[/color] - Which Pro League team(s) do you respect the most, in other words, who do you feel is capable of winning the Pro League other than W Connection.
DJW - I respect all teams in football.

8.[/color] - Do you feel enough is being done to market and run the League, is Dexter Skeene and Larry Romany the right men for the job then.
DJW - There is always more to be done on the marketing side of the league but of course there are budgetary constraints. Both Larry and Dexter have done well over the years and our Chairman  has certainly done his best since he has come on board.

9.[/color] - Is the T&T Government helping in anyway to improve the League.
DJW - They are putting their best foot forward for the league right now.

10.[/color] - Do you agree with the Relegation and Promotion of teams in the Pro League and Super League respectively.
DJW - This is absolutely necessary to keep the competitive energy and improve the football in both leagues.

11.[/color] - Do you think T&T will be a force for the 2010 World Cup. Do you think we have the type of players to repeat what the Soca Warriors accomplished in 2006.
DJW - There are a lot of good quality young players to do us proud in 2010, but we have to make the right choices, start the programme from now, play strong and quality friend-lies once a month and do not chop and change players and coaches. This programme must be consistent for the next 36mths leading up to the start of qualifiers for 2010.

12.[/color] - Have you ever visited the Soca Warriors Online, if so, what's you thoughts.
DJW - I have visited your site. Very interisting. Our page has a great deal of news and will try to assist you when ever I can.

Note: The Soca Warriors Online wishes to say thank you to Mr. David John Williams for taking the time out to do this interview for us.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:35:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusive Interview with David John Williams.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 10:09:26 AM »
intelligent questions boy!  and equally intelligent answers!

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 10:11:56 AM »
He kinda brush off question 9
like him nah want get chastised
i love his responsce to question 11
It's all about the choices we make for the next 4 years like do we keep Jack or not!!!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 10:17:01 AM »
Ah went primary school with David(he was ah year ahead ah me) nice to see him doing big things in the T&T football scene. Watch out for the youthman that David mentioned, Kelvin Modeste...he not easy, he will put men on dey backs  ;) VIBES IT UP!!!

Point Fortin Forever!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 10:19:37 AM »

Maybe its just me,, but the answers seem vague and evasive

Perhaps flex just edited them , but they seem rather curt

Den again I sippin babash at mih desk...so i seein all kinda ting today
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: ah could ALWAYS depend on yuh for some kicks oui...yuh doh disappoint! :rotfl:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 10:41:35 AM »

nah man,check it again...I could understand if yuh talking bout Ques 7, but daiz a diplomatic answer from a responsible manager....Beenie would give that sort of answer.
check ques 4- he answer the 1st part of that in qeus 1, andt eh rest goes - yuh cyah have plans to prepare for a team adn yuh doh kow who it si right?

ques 8 & 9 alos, but there you could see who iz he fren  ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 10:45:47 AM »
Very good questions on Flex behalf,,,,, however, David John Williams sounding like he rush it down, like ah shit take him while we was typing this and he just had to goooooo.... I find the replies should have been more in-depth.

David is a man who love money, like he woulda answer them questions better if he did get some dollars....  :devil:   he screw-up Silvio Spann with (Dianmo Zagreb) for transfer money signing papers behind man back,,, he greedy...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 10:54:08 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 10:49:09 AM »
Nice work Flex. Thanks!! I would not be supporting W-Connection though. David had too many talented young players fall through the crack and tried to hold them back for money. It is a business...yes!! But sometimes it comes down to morality. That word does not blend good with David.

David, you know what you have done to the likes of Silvio Spann, Jace Peters, Lyndon Diaz, Kendall Davis, Keron Cordna, Jason Marcano. Shame on you. That's why you some of your supporters. Disgraceful!!!  :(  :'(

Kingman
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 10:54:38 AM by Flex »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 10:52:01 AM »
great work like usual flex, ur a boss :beermug:

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 11:39:17 AM »
Nice work Flex. Thanks!! I would not be supporting W-Connection though. David had too many talented young players fall through the crack and tried to hold them back for money. It is a business...yes!! But sometimes it comes down to morality. That word does not blend good with David.

David, you know what you have done to the likes of Silvio Spann, Jace Peters, Lyndon Diaz, Kendall Davis, Keron Cordna, Jason Marcano. Shame on you. That's why you some of your supporters. Disgraceful!!!  :(  :'(

Kingman
The same Kendall Davis who score two for Connection last week???,,,The same Marcano who playing for Jabloteh,....The same Lyndon Diaz who playing football with Petrotrin now?...The Same Silvio Spann who get to go all over the World to play because of Connection.......That W Connection Club destroying our talent boy....Shame on them

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 11:44:06 AM »

6.[/color] We at the Soca Warriors Online is very committed to T&T football in general, can you or any of your staff provide us with weekly updates on the Pro League, W Connection for the least.
DJW - Visit our web site every week and you will see all the updates, starting this Tuesday. In about two weeks time you will be able to see highlights of our game on our website within 4 hrs of the game taking place.

What is the url for W Connection website?
Live large and prosper!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 11:49:50 AM »
Aye flex, good stuff man .. you save me from doing that interview. lol...

cheers bro.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
 :beermug: :beermug:

GO WARRIORS
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 12:25:51 PM »
well done flex

de highlights ah de games iz what suprise me
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 12:34:03 PM »
Great interview Flex..all the best to W Connection too, buh dey is my 2nd choice behind SSS  ;D whey the link to dey site? nice that they having highlights of thier games within 4hrs..dat is a sign of professionalism :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 01:22:41 PM »
Good Work Flex

Williams answer those questions too brief. I would give him a C for the effort. Those questions were open ended questions and he could have taken them where he wanted...which I guess he did.

I doh know if he greedy but when Flex asked for weekly updates to this site he should have said Yes...ok. Regardless of whether he have ah website. It's about networking. W Connection website doh have over 1000 members plus many more luckers...at least get people interested if they not already...pull them in then later down the road he could say the info will be presented exclusively on W Conn website. That is the problem with Marketing in T&T they doh eh know how to do it.

Who yuh think capable of winning other than W Conn is like asking Alex Ferguson who could win besides Man U...ah sure he would say what everybody thinking...Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool...then there are usually the outsiders who you have to watch like Blackburn. Nothing wrong with being realistic.....he coulda mention Jabloteh, North East or whoever.

His answers seemed like he was either disinterested to an extent OR I have to agree with Sam he musta have ah hot shit to take and rush the answers :rotfl:

But the questions were on point.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 02:28:40 PM »
First of all, I think those answers were a bit short becz, the questions were emailed to him and the answers were emailed back. Thus there was no opportunity for reask. (If I'm wrong, Flex will correct me).

Secondly, there's absouloutly nothing wrong with the man saying go to the WC website to get updates. After dey buss dey ass to update it in a timely manner, they must now go to another man website to give away the info, the worked so hard to put up on their website. Then what de hell dey doing it for.

It that hard for us to just go over there and visit?

Good job Flex. Keep dem coming.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 02:46:48 PM »
Well the problem is, the reason I didn't post the website address is, anyone/some who has a T&T website and they are (mostly) locally based is very un-friendly, for instance, some of my info from this site was used on the new Soca Warriors website and they (Shaun) told me boldly that they cannot add a link where they got the info or to my site, they just prefer to put my name, as "with help from Flex" even if the entire info was from me, this still say "with help from Flex" however, I didn't like that idea, but I also didn't make a fuss, in the end, you could be how pretty you want to be, but when you not consistent and also selfish towards the people you dont reach far... so time shall prevail. Nothing against Shaun though, because he does send me a lot of news and updates, he helps out greatly. David John Williams could have just said he will e-mail the scores weekly and I would have been cool with that, but say what, he is good with me and I really cannot thrash him in anyway....

PS: Simapuls travel asked for me to put a link to there website and I agreed, I asked in return to add back a link to my site, they refuse... so hey, what can I do...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:55:36 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »
Well Flex,

that reason from Fuentes is pile of shit.

Dey could never get away with that if they were talking to ESP or a Fox website.

U r within ur right to ban dem from using any info, unless they comply with your FAIR request.

This site is the be all and end all for the real TT football fan.

So f%^$ dem.

Keep up the good work Flexos.

Peace,
VB

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 02:55:51 PM »

i agree, i thought some of the answers were very.....diplomatic
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 02:56:14 PM »
First of all, I think those answers were a bit short becz, the questions were emailed to him and the answers were emailed back. Thus there was no opportunity for reask. (If I'm wrong, Flex will correct me).

Secondly, there's absouloutly nothing wrong with the man saying go to the WC website to get updates. After dey buss dey ass to update it in a timely manner, they must now go to another man website to give away the info, the worked so hard to put up on their website. Then what de hell dey doing it for.

It that hard for us to just go over there and visit?

Good job Flex. Keep dem coming.

Peace,
VB

Is about Networking VB. That site doh have the supporters and IF he didn't mention it here how many woulda even know he was planning highlights.

If ah tree fall in the forest and nobody hear it fall....did it really fall ;)

One hand cyah clap

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 03:01:16 PM »
VB, yuh have a real good point, if it was FSC they couldn't do that, but Flex must be just trying to be nice because Fuentes does send him news, but thats real bull shit... they cant thief man wok for nothing, because when Flex use them stuff he does specify where he got it or who wrote it....

f**kaway with them,,,,, ent...

Greedy man does fall hard...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 03:22:09 PM »

Kingman
The same Kendall Davis who score two for Connection last week???,,,The same Marcano who playing for Jabloteh,....The same Lyndon Diaz who playing football with Petrotrin now?...The Same Silvio Spann who get to go all over the World to play because of Connection.......That W Connection Club destroying our talent boy....Shame on them

Ponnoxx, when you don't know what's going on just keep yuh mouth shut please. Honestly!!!

When Silvio went to Perugia they were willing to take him for 100,000 US but David wanted 1,000,000 US. The club say that you guys can keep him because they were not willing to pay that much for him. Poor Silvio end up wasting his time with some Seria C teams as a last attempt to get signed before coming back to Trinidad.

Keron Cordna was on the verse of heading to an italian club (Brecia) on a trail as well. David wanted him to sign a professional contract with W-Connection so if Brecia takes him, David can call the shot! Keron did not sign with W-Connection because he was affraid that what he did to spann, he would do to him. Thus nothing came out of that. Who knows what the youth is doing now.

David wanted Jason Marcano to sign a professional contract with W-Connection which he (Jason) was willing to do so. David disregard the youth ability and skills and offered him $2,500TT a month. But he could pay the Brazilians $2000US a month making them the highest paid in professional football in Trinidad and Tobago.

SSFL player of the year in 1999, Jace Peters; anchor for the national under 20 team under coach Peter Granville, was also attached to the W-Connection team and promised a professional trail in europe, which he got, if he signed with W-Connection. Nothing came out of the trail and and David showed him the doors when nothing came out of the trails.

Kendell wanted to leave but at least he is getting more money than before. Lyndon, well he always asking to be loan out to a different club every season. He hates the W-Connection but does not have nothing better going for him (financially). David made empty promises to these players and always leave them out when it comes down the option of trials in europe etc.

I know the man has a business and football is a business. But at the same time there are many talented youths that just need a break to blow up. Sometimes all they need is for someone or something to push them so that they can succeed. Sometimes, it should not always come down to money. Unfortunately, it is priority for many people (such as David John Williams).

Kingman
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:32:49 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 03:35:44 PM »

Kingman

Ponnoxx, you feel that man easy going? I tell you man......

When Silvio went to Perugia they were willing to take him for 100,000 US but David wanted 1,000,000 US. The club say that you guys can keep him because they were not willing to pay that much for him. Poor Silvio end up wasting his time with some Seria C teams as a last attempt to get signed before coming back to Trinidad.

Keron Cordna was on the verse of heading to an italian club (Brecia) on a trail as well. David wanted him to sign a professional contract with W-Connection so if Brecia takes him, David can call the shot! Keron did not sign with W-Connection because he was affraid that what he did to spann, he would do to him. Thus nothing came out of that. Who knows what the youth is doing now.

David wanted Jason Marcano to sign a professional contract with W-Connection which he (Jason) was willing to do so. David disregard the youth ability and skills and offered him $2,500TT a month. But he could pay the Brazilians $2000US a month making them the highest paid in professional football in Trinidad and Tobago.

SSFL player of the year in 1999, Jace Peters; anchor for the national under 20 team under coach Peter Granville, was also attached to the W-Connection team and promised a professional trail in europe, which he got, if he signed with W-Connection. Nothing came out of the trail and and David showed him the doors when nothing came out of the trails.

Kendell wanted to leave but at least he is getting more money than before. Lyndon, well he always asking to be loan out to a different club every season. He hates the W-Connection but does not have nothing better going for him (financially). David made empty promises to these players and always leave them out when it comes down the option of trials in europe etc.

I know the man has a business and football is a business. But at the same time there are many talented youths that just need a break to blow up. Sometimes all they need is for someone or something to push them so that they can succeed. Sometimes, it should not always come down to money[/b]. Unfortunately, it is priority for many people (such as David John Williams).

Kingman

Kingman, if as you said W Connection is a business, then itwill ALWAYS be about MONEY. Even the developing of young players is about money (for the club that is). What you are outlining is the age old rift between management and labor, which will always exist. If you were in David's shoes I dare say your perspective would be different or your business would not be very successful.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 03:50:51 PM »
Well lets look on the bright side he get jones to southampton kingman
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 04:22:09 PM »

Is about Networking VB. That site doh have the supporters and IF he didn't mention it here how many woulda even know he was planning highlights.

If ah tree fall in the forest and nobody hear it fall....did it really fall ;)

One hand cyah clap

One hand cyah clap, but ....one han could certainly jock.

As I have a website of my own, I sympathise with where Williams coming from.

He got major coverage from Flex, and if he have sense, maybe he could have a Flex link on his site.

Peace,
VB

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »
go jabloteh
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline madmonn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 01:54:51 AM »
Ah went primary school with David(he was ah year ahead ah me) nice to see him doing big things in the T&T football scene. Watch out for the youthman that David mentioned, Kelvin Modeste...he not easy, he will put men on dey backs  ;) VIBES IT UP!!!

Point Fortin Forever!!!

Kelvin Modeste aka Supa K....big player....bright future once he continue to work hard.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 03:09:12 AM »
Excellent work Flex, not to good replies, but good job on the questions part.

Not because D.J Williams can help these men it doesn't mean he can try to stick them or hold them at randsom.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 07:15:11 AM »
I venture to say that Connection is the only self supporting team in the Pro League and without getting value for their players they would be like the rest begging for money every season short paying players.

1]; } ?>