March 28, 2024, 02:58:26 PM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland Thread  (Read 52398 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: JASON SCOTTTTTLAND
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 08:13:46 PM »
I been reading some of the threads on this forum and i Been reading some right shit about what you lot think that us swansea city fans think about scotland so let me set record STRAIIIGHT. We love Scotland down here in Swansea. There is just a small minority who are bitter about losing trundle because of his showboating etc. "they dont deserve to have Scotland"  ??? ??? OKKKKKKKKKKAYYY even though the overwhelming majority of swans fans adore him and there is a minority in the paper slating him you post it on here and some of you talk a load of bollocks about us not deserving to have him :rotfl:
SCW,
maybe you could help us in finding some videos so that a compilation video could be created about Jason's GREAT season
please visit this thread    http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=34958.msg411735#msg411735
Thanks ahead of time.

there are clusters of detractors in ALL groups, so dont take some people on.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:24:00 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 07:13:20 AM »
Could you quote where anyone has said that Swansea don't deserve to have him?

I made that comment after the reading the Mike Berry article about the Swansea fans and Scotty from the club site.  Click here for original article

I stand by my comment.  If some of the Swansea fans prefer a showboating to goals maybe they should give up football and focus on freestyle instead.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 02:56:41 PM »
I been reading some of the threads on this forum and i Been reading some right shit about what you lot think that us swansea city fans think about scotland so let me set record STRAIIIGHT. We love Scotland down here in Swansea. There is just a small minority who are bitter about losing trundle because of his showboating etc. "they dont deserve to have Scotland"  ??? ??? OKKKKKKKKKKAYYY even though the overwhelming majority of swans fans adore him and there is a minority in the paper slating him you post it on here and some of you talk a load of bollocks about us not deserving to have him :rotfl:

YOU DON'T DESERVE SUCH A GOOD PLAYER IF ALL SWANSEA WANTS IS SHOWBOATING. He has done better than any player you all have now and still don't give him the credit due.   
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »
Imagine if Theobald started playing like a boss, settin up and scoring nuff goals. Score de bullet to take us to WC2010 and clear off de line to send us to the 2nd round... most of we still wouldn't love him half as much as Latas.  Ah lie?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 03:59:12 PM »
Imagine if Theobald started playing like a boss, settin up and scoring nuff goals. Score de bullet to take us to WC2010 and clear off de line to send us to the 2nd round... most of we still wouldn't love him half as much as Latas.  Ah lie?

Dat scenario kinda hard to imagine dread...

Bad analogy though. The average Swansea fan never had an idea what Scotland coulda bring to the table before he reach. A lot of people here are on the other hand already convinced that Theobald is a hound. And most people doh like to agree they wrong.

I think what happen with Swansea is that Scotland reach before people knew/realise that Trundle was leaving. I see a youtube clip at the beginning of the season where somebody commented "Good buy. Scotland can score goals". And another person replied "Trundle already does that. Scotland will have to fight for his place"
I think that in the mind of a lot of people, Scotland was never supposed to be anything but cover for their hero. Not only were they upset when Trundle were sold, but then they were upset when what (to them) seemed a second rate striker, was presented as their star striker for the season.

And as I said before, most people can't admit they were wrong. As far as Trundle's showboating being appreciated, or Scotty not being warm to the fans, thats neither here nor there imo.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 08:10:35 AM »
Scottland need to go higher
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 08:29:55 AM »
He goin higher d team get promoted
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NeathJack

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland Thread
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 01:32:49 PM »
Hi guys.

I'm a Swansea City fan from Wales, UK.  I'm just wondering why Jason Scotland didn't appear for you on Saturday?  He's been superb for us since joining in the summer of 2007 scoring 29 goals last year and is already off the mark this season.

Any reason why he's not in the team?

Also, good to see Big Dennis Lawrence getting some game time as he's not played for us this season as we've bought new centre backs.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:11:44 AM by Flex »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 01:42:02 PM »
scotty hasn't appeared for T&T because the national team manager either does not know what he is doing or is in retirement mode and collecting a final pay cheque. he's probably still amazed that someone is still willing to employ a football managerial has been who is no longer relevant in the international game.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 01:49:17 PM »
Hi guys.

I'm a Swansea City fan from Wales, UK.  I'm just wondering why Jason Scotland didn't appear for you on Saturday?  He's been superb for us since joining in the summer of 2007 scoring 29 goals last year and is already off the mark this season.

Also, good to see Big Dennis Lawrence getting some game time as he's not played for us this season as we've bought new centre backs.

the coach is shit!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »
Maturana out smarting he self thinking he can win with semi-pro forwards.  Scotland is the only pro forward he sellected. what a dumb ass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 02:04:32 PM »
The coach thinks that toussiant and wolfe is better than stern and roberts .......
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:24:11 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 02:10:08 PM »
Because our coach don't care who's playing good fuh your team or not. The coach for our team is very indecisive.  Doh worry we go send him back fuh alyuh soon. They say he's to fat, ah hear.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 02:16:54 PM »
wolfe rel play shit saturday, lawd everyman he rush he get beats stueps
Youtube Channel

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »
dis coach is watching the players during practice sessions. i think he knows best and what to do. in the NBA, a coach needs to know when to put players on court at the right time. it's hard to know what's the right time. pls stop blaming the coach that's he's responsiblity

Offline NeathJack

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys.

One thing though, if you're not going to play him on Wednesday any chance you can send him back early as he's needed for a big game away to Crystal Palace on Saturday and we don't want him jet lagged!!  ;)

Good luck against the USA  :)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 02:34:47 PM »
dis coach is watching the players during practice sessions. i think he knows best and what to do. in the NBA, a coach needs to know when to put players on court at the right time. it's hard to know what's the right time. pls stop blaming the coach that's he's responsiblity

well i want 3 points wed if that is the case.
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 09:14:32 PM »
He will b back thu
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »
Hi guys.

Your guess is as good as mine. If Cornell could play off Scotland then we could at least be sure of scoring some goals

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2008, 06:38:18 AM »
Jason need to come alive for his country....and perform the same way he perform for his club

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 06:55:32 AM »
Jason need to come alive for his country....and perform the same way he perform for his club

Point well taken.  Just b/c ah man playing good for he club doesn't mean he will perform well for the country.  In fact the systems may be totally different.  Case in point Dwight Yorke.  I am not accusing Jason Scotland of doing this but there was a time when Yorke would play for T&T in name only, not performance.  In fact he was just going through the motions.

Me eh at practice, so I have to trust the coach to some degree.  If the results not good, then fire him but until then, let the man coach.  None ah we in camp to know who dominating practice, who working hard etc, therefore, it easy to sit on this site and talk we talk.  Allow the blasted coach to coach the blasted team.  Results are all that counts.  Jack Warner not dotish, if the man eh performing, he eh go hesitate to fire him.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland extends Wolves' sorrow
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2008, 05:20:28 PM »
Jason Scotland extends Wolves' sorrow
By Nick Townsend (Sunday Times)

In the early weeks, the alpha males from the Black Country have scented easy prey in the harsh wilderness in which the struggle for Championship supremacy is won. Only a week ago there had been idle talk of Mick McCarthy’s men as a team who were capable of leaving most of their opponents in their wake. Now fear stalks them. Not only did Wolves relinquish leadership of the Championship, but in the course of four days, having already been left bloodied by Reading in midweek, they have deteriorated from invincibles to unconvincing.

It was a Trinidadian called Scotland who was the talk of Wales last night. Jason Scotland’s brace was the tangible prize, after Jordi Gomez had inflicted an early wound, and he also struck the bar. It was the striker’s sheer vigour which, as his manager Roberto Marinez agreed, established the tempo of the game. “He was really bright,” said the Spaniard. “He looked strong, and showed a little magic.”

Goalkeeper Carl Ikeme’s first touch was retrieving the ball from the net after 26 seconds. Andrea Orlandi found Gomez and the Spaniard beat Ikeme for his third goal in four games. A collective stupor appeared to have overcome Wolves, but they cleared their heads and Andy Keogh scored a fine equaliser from David Edwards’ pass on 16 minutes.

Though Wolves looked positive again, Swansea were more threatening. Mark Gower’s beautifully delivered drive past Ikeme was disallowed because Gomez was in an offside position. Then Darren Pratley headed on a corner, and Scotland hit the ball against the bar.

Four minutes before the interval Scotland burst through and though Ikeme plunged at his feet, the striker forced the ball home.After 57 minutes Scotland’s dynamism was too much for Wolves, as he shot across Ikeme into the far corner. There was no way back for McCarthy’s men, although late on, Stearman had an effort cleared off the line.

Star man: Jason Scotland (Swansea)

Referee: T Kettle

Attendance: 17,556

Swansea: De Vries 7, Williams 6, Painter 7, Monk 7, Rangel 6, Britton 8, Pratley 6, Orlandi 7 (Tudur-Jones 63min) Gower 7 (Bauza 89min), Gomez 7, Scotland 9 (Pintado 72min)

Wolverhampton Wanderers:
Ikeme 6, Collins 6, Stearman 7, Friend 5 (Vokes 51min, 6), Foley 6, Henry 6, D Edwards 6, Jones 6, C Edwards 6 (Shackell 80min), Keogh 7, Ward 6
Martinez praise for Swans hero Scotland
Swansea Evening Post

ROBERTO Martinez hailed two-goal hero Jason Scotland after Swansea City's impressive 3-1 win over Wolves.

Scotland scored either side of the break as Martinez's men beat the league leaders in arguably their most impressive performance of the season.

Jordi Gomez opened the scoring for the hosts in the 25th second when he cut in from the left before shooting home.

Andrew Keogh equalised soon after, only for Scotland to put Swansea ahead again in the 41st minute.

And he made sure of the points when he rattled home his second in the 57th minute.

"Jason looked sharp from the first second," said Martinez of the striker who was left out of the squad for the midweek victory at Preston.

"It was the first time he set the tempo for the team. He looked strong with the ball and showed a bit of magic as well.

"That tells you his confidence is there and it was the way to react after midweek."

The victory lifted Swansea up to seventh in the Championship.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason is star as Wolves feel bite
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2008, 05:10:26 AM »
Jason is star as Wolves feel bite
By Western Mail

There will even be those who claim this was a one-off result, a victory indicative of nothing.
And then there are those who were there.

They are the ones who saw Swansea produce a performance that saw substance and style flow in equal measures, who saw Jason Scotland offer the type of game that gives great optimism for the rest of the campaign.

And, as Molineux manager Mick McCarthy admitted afterwards, they are also the ones who know that full-strength or not, there would have been little difference in Wolves’ return against Swans in such full flight.

Surprisingly, it took a little bit of convincing to get manager Roberto Martinez to start contemplating the performance as up there with one of the best under his charge.

But that wasn’t to say he wasn’t aware that his team had met one of the best sides this division has to offer and then sent them back to the Midlands with little but admiration gained from the game thanks to a Scotland brace either side of half-time that added to Jordi Gomez’s 25-second opener.

Had the Reading defeat of last weekend not been still fresh in minds, then this victory would no doubt sparked dreamy talk of top-six finishes.

But sadly for Swansea the manner in which the three points were gained will probably mean less and less of his opponents take up their manager’s “come and have a go if you think you’re good enough” challenges.

Disappointed by the directness of the division, Martinez used his pre-game press-call to ask whether sides were afraid to play football in the Championship given the huge promotion stakes.

Wolves were clearly fearless in that sense, prepared to pass and play, even with the changes made due to absentees.

But they were simply bettered by the hosts, suggesting any scouts will be rushing back to their respective clubs telling bosses to keep it tight, to stifle and settle for draws.

And, of course, they will be mentioning the fact that a certain Jason Scotland will have to be kept quiet.

Because, although Swansea are anything but a one-man team, there can be little doubt that when Scotland shines, so do Swansea.

“It’s probably the first time he’s really set the tempo this season,” said Martinez, who had actually axed the Trinidad international from his squad for the midweek game at Preston before recalling him.

“We all know the ability and the magic he’s got, but we also need him to set the standard of the team in the role he plays – to see him do that from the first minute is very pleasing.

“He looked strong every time he had the ball and showed that little bit of magic that shows the confidence is there.

“He looked sharp from the first second and the attitude he showed after not being involved at Preston was pleasing – now he has to take this performance and use it to move on to a different level because we all know when he is on top of his game, the team is a better team.”

Of that there is no doubt. Sluggish in recent weeks, poor at Reading, it looked like Preston’s proverbial boot up the backside for the striker worked a treat.

It wasn’t just the goals, his hold-up play and line-leading brought Swansea’s midfield into the game and left Wolves wanting.

But, having only found the net once before this weekend, the goals were more than welcome.

Truth be told, he could have had more than just his 41st and 57th-minute efforts.

But so too could have Swansea, in complete control of this game bar for a 15-minute period in the first half. That spell of Wolves ascendancy had only come after they had already fallen behind, Gomez the beneficiary of Scotland’s work out wide less than a minute in, sweeping home the ball from the edge of the area.

It meant Carl Ikeme, a surprising replacement for Wales’ Wayne Henenssey in the Wolves goal, became the first visiting player to touch the ball simply by picking it out of the net.

But the Wolves threat was clear with Andy Keogh looking sharp, David Jones also a handful in the centre of the park and they equalised after coming through their initial shock, Keogh feeding off David Edwards’ slipped pass.

But Swansea’s defence held firm soon after, soaked up the pressure adequately and provided the platform for a surge on the Wolves goal.

Had an offside Gomez not got what looked the slightest of touches to Mark Gower’s curling effort at the far post then the second would have come earlier.

But Scotland, having earlier hit the bar from two yards out, then received Gomez’s flick pass with gusto to put Swansea back in front, before pulling something special out of his bag of tricks 12 minutes after the interval.

Performing a Cruyff turn on Edwards, Scotland surprisingly was given an invite to run towards goal, an invite he accepted before devastatingly drilling home from the white of the penalty area.

Chances were missed to make it more, but Swansea’s point was already made.

And, those in gold aside, there was only one person disappointed at the final whistle.

“When I brought Jason off he was upset,” admitted Martinez, who had an angry Soca Warrior on his hands when he replaced him with 18 minutes to go.

“But I like that. When I’ve taken him off in games where he hasn’t scored he’s looked delighted so I’m getting the right response. Because he can be a big player in this division – the biggest challenge for him is to be himself again.

“If he’s not sharp, not confident, not enjoying his football it wouldn’t make a difference whether we were in the Championship or any level, he would struggle to be effective. But when he’s positive and on top of his game like this he can do it at any level.

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
Re: Jason Scotland extends Wolves' sorrow
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2008, 07:25:56 AM »

Star man: Jason Scotland (Swansea)

Referee: T Kettle

Attendance: 17,556

Swansea: De Vries 7, Williams 6, Painter 7, Monk 7, Rangel 6, Britton 8, Pratley 6, Orlandi 7 (Tudur-Jones 63min) Gower 7 (Bauza 89min), Gomez 7, Scotland 9 (Pintado 72min)

Any body realized the refree's name?? T Kettle....lol

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Swans ready to risk jet-lagged Jason Scotland
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »
Swans ready to risk jet-lagged Jason Scotland
By Blair Wood (Western Mail)

ROBERTO MARTINEZ has claimed Swansea City will pull out all the stops to ensure Jason Scotland is available for their crunch clash with high-flying Birmingham tomorrow.

But the Spaniard has warned his star striker could be set for a night in the stands if he doesn’t come back 100% fit from his international duty with Trinidad and Tobago.

Scotland was in the Caribbean for the Soca Warriors World Cup qualifier against Cuba at 1am this morning. He then boarded a flight back to the UK and is expected to join the rest of the Swans squad for a training session at 6.30pm tonight.

Should he come through that session, Scotland could be in line to start against Alex McLeish’s promotion chasers at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow night. But, after an eight-and-a-half hour flight and with a four-hour time difference to compensate for, that could be easier said than done.

Considering the striker’s form of late, Martinez was understandably keen to have Scotland involved. And, taking the player’s own wishes into account, he said the 29-year-old would be given every chance to make the starting XI to face the Blues.

But, with the visitors currently second in the table, the Swans boss claimed it would be a grave mistake to play anyone who isn’t fully fit. And, if Scotland’s international exploits have taken any kind of toll on his body, he may, at best, have to settle for a place on the bench.
“We will do everything we can to get Jason on the pitch,” Martinez said. “But he needs to be 100%.

“The last thing we want is to have people on the pitch that aren’t 100%. We can’t afford to do that because it wouldn’t be good enough against a team like Birmingham.

“But, with the form Jason is in right now, it’s important he plays as many minutes as possible right now. That’s something we have to assess and just hope he makes it.”

He continued: “Jason always wants to play. He is one of those people that gives you the impression he doesn’t always care, but is really a natural winner that wants to be involved in every single game.

“That’s a great attribute to have. He never misses training or games after internationals which shows you how fit he is and also that he takes his responsibility at this club very seriously.”

After an inconsistent start to the season following a summer stomach injury, Scotland has certainly been getting back to his best in recent weeks. And, after two goals in his last two league games, Martinez was confident last season’s top scorer was hitting top gear before he went away.

The Spaniard is hoping the striker’s momentum won’t be disrupted by his trip to the Caribbean. And, if everything goes to plan, he sees no reason why both club and country can benefit from his international duty.

“Jason is in great form and it’s important he is ready for us,” he said. “When he gets back we will assess him, see how he is and hopefully let him enjoy his football like he has been in recent weeks.

“His performance at Norwich last week was very special. And, when Jason is in that sort of mood, it makes the difference at this level.”

He continued: “The flights do take a lot out of people, especially someone who has three important games in a short period of time. It’s a huge demand and, with the way we play, you can’t get away with a half-hearted performance.

“But, on the other side, if he gets a good result and plays well, he can bring that confidence to Swansea City.

“So there are always two ways to look at it and, so long as he doesn’t get an injury, I will be very happy.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Martinez hails goal king Scotland
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2009, 08:08:18 PM »
BBC Sport

Roberto Martinez has warned defences that Swansea City's top-scorer Jason Scotland is still improving.

The Swans boss hailed striker Scotland after his 20th goal of the season earned the Welsh club a point at Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

Scotland has fired Swansea to the brink of the Championship play-offs and has caught the eye in their FA Cup run.

But Martinez said: "He hasn't hit his peak, in the remaining games we'll see him take his game to another level."

The Trinidad and Tobago international is yet another inspired bargain basement signing from Martinez as the Swansea manager paid Scottish club St Johnstone a nominal fee for the forward powerhouse in May 2007

Scotland, full-back Angel Rangel, midfielder Ferrie Bodde and playmaker Jordi Gomez have all received accolades this season.

And all have been brought in on the cheap by Martinez - or in Gomez's case borrowed from Espanyol.

Scotland scored 29 last season as he helped fire Swansea to the League One title and the 30-year-old's goals in the Championship have given the Swans unexpected play-off hope.

"To score 20 goals at this level is outstanding," Martinez told BBC Sport.

"It is an an amazing story as the progression he has made and the responsibility he takes is fantastic."

Scotland is certainly in red hot form and his goal-scoring display in Swansea's FA Cup giant-killing at holders Portsmouth earned him universal praise.

He has scored 11 goals since the turn of the year - including three against Premier League sides Pompey and Fulham in the FA Cup - but his hold-up play, physical presence and all-round game have also been admired.

And Martinez believes Scotland, whose 16 league goals see him behind Wolves' Sylvan Ebanks Blake and Reading's Kevin Doyle in the Championship goal charts, can still play in the top-flight.

"Jason is not the sort of player who relies on his physical threat to score goals," said the Spaniard.

"He relies on his quality. When you rely on that, the higher you play, around better players, the easier it becomes for you.

"With Jason I have never had doubts he could go into the Premier League and score goals there.

"But Swansea are certainly getting a lot of enjoyment from Jason's football."

The Swans, who targeted Championship consolidation at the start of the season, are two points and two places outside the play-off zone in their first season back in English football's second tier for 24 years.

Martinez is now allowing his players to dream of the Premier League as the Welsh club embark on their season run-in.

Swansea, who have lost just six games all season, face just three play-off contenders Cardiff City, Sheffield United and Bristol City in their final ten games.

But asked if he would be disappointed not to make the play-offs, Martinez said: "No, because 10 months ago we were playing League One football and we've come a long way.

"I feel the squad is stronger now than it was in July. We have learned a lot from our experience.

"Obviously we want to get into the Premier League one day, but we want to be going in a position where we can handle it and we can stay there.

"To do that you need to be good enough and probably if we don't get enough points to get into the play-offs it's because we don't deserve to do that.

"So I wouldn't be disappointed. We will get stronger and better for the season after."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Martinez hails goal king Scotland
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
Once we benefit from d improvement I go b happy.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2009, 08:13:08 PM »
Scotland scored 29 last season as he helped fire Swansea to the League One title and the 30-year-old's goals in the Championship have given the Swans unexpected play-off hope.

"To score 20 goals at this level is outstanding," Martinez told BBC Sport.

20 in yuh first season in championship?  :applause:

keep it up scottie!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2009, 12:56:53 AM »
BBC Sport

Roberto Martinez has warned defences that Swansea City's top-scorer Jason Scotland is still improving.

And Martinez believes Scotland, whose 16 league goals see him behind Wolves' Sylvan Ebanks Blake and Reading's Kevin Doyle in the Championship goal charts, can still play in the top-flight.

"Jason is not the sort of player who relies on his physical threat to score goals," said the Spaniard.

"He relies on his quality. When you rely on that, the higher you play, around better players, the easier it becomes for you.

"With Jason I have never had doubts he could go into the Premier League and score goals there.

Ah think this is the point JustCool was making in another thread. Nuff of our boys can thrive and do well in the top flight.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2009, 01:57:26 AM »

Sound like a sales pitch to me.
Somebody in EPL start enquiries and this kind of statement is to point out value.
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>