March 28, 2024, 11:44:51 PM

Author Topic: Is Cornell glenn the Answer upfront?  (Read 8999 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Cornell glenn the Answer upfront?
« on: April 13, 2006, 12:14:56 PM »
I certainly think so,look when that man was playing for metro-stars he was there fastest player,and he have some decent ball control and skill as well.He could if stays fit and is discipline enough light it up in the world cup games.

TrinInfinite

Re: Is Cornell glenn the Answer upfront?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 12:19:57 PM »
me and cowen were havin dis conversation yesterday, glen is de answer for england and sweden, i think beenie have a plan for glen, stern will be shut out of the eng and sweden games by the defense, para will b a good game for stern  :beermug: however if we 4-4-2 against eng and sweden, stern will score bc glen will create problems and stern will free up  :beermug:

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 12:20:04 PM »
Well let's see if he lights up MLS first. The level of defenders he will face there is not the same level he will face in Germany so he know he get pick...now he need to prove he could deliver in that league. If he ent lighting up MLS chances are when he come up against Sol Campbell, Rio, Terry....what will he do different ???

I think he and Samuel will battle for that spot on the left.  Cornell has shown some competence and pace there.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »
For him to be answer as you say he needs to demonstrate that he can add something. Let's see how the MLS season goes for him. If Beenie thinks Glenn can help us he'll play. Stern is showing his class right now and it will take something special from Glenn to put Stern on the bench.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 02:46:17 PM »
he like Kenwyne Jones is a man with alot of raw talent and little of the consistant polished finishing you need at the highest level of football...

They just need to both work on their finishing... especially Glen...

when Glen does manage to finish off a move and score a goal... It is almost always a classy goal...

Ill be routing for Both de Mucarapo boy Cornell and meh St.Anothonys boy Kenwyne.

They have alot to bring to the table, lets hope they realy do bring it.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 02:53:58 PM »
me and cowen were havin dis conversation yesterday, glen is de answer for england and sweden, i think beenie have a plan for glen, stern will be shut out of the eng and sweden games by the defense, para will b a good game for stern  :beermug: however if we 4-4-2 against eng and sweden, stern will score bc glen will create problems and stern will free up  :beermug:

Well is ah good ting yuh wuk that out for we yes..ah think Yorke will create some problems, and Whitley, and Carlos 2...Sooo Stern should score bout 4 right dey so.. :beermug:

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 03:03:03 PM »
To me Glenn has the potential to be a player in the mold of El Hadji Diouf of Senegal.  Not the greatest goal scorer but fast and skillfull enough to beat defenders at will and create scoring chances for other players.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 03:09:30 PM »
We need Cornell bad. And not just on the squad...the man has to play. I thank the Lord when I see cornell make the 24.

Our team is too slow....on and off the ball. Cornell's downfall is that he is tries to play so fast all the time, his touch sometimes lets him down and he needs more composure in front of goal. But with him.....the midfield will always have movement and have an outlet pass. No team in the world playing without speed in front line. Cornell will keep opposing defenses honest...and his marker knows he will be roast trying to keep up with him....he will chase lost causes and make soemthing happen out of nothing. That is a psychological weapon we lacking upfront. A man who does make the opposing defense say 'Christ man...this fella coming to blow past me again'. No matter how much jam you get, if you consisntantly coming at defenses with hate you will make chances...he would be a great complement to Stern........speed is an essential element if football today.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 03:11:51 PM »
To me Glenn has the potential to be a player in the mold of El Hadji Diouf of Senegal.  Not the greatest goal scorer but fast and skillfull enough to beat defenders at will and create scoring chances for other players.

yup
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 03:13:09 PM »
I feel we will need to give Cornell a nice run in the Peru game to see what he is really made off at this level.Its been a while since he has been given the chance to prove himself at the international level.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 03:47:32 PM »
Well let's see if he lights up MLS first. The level of defenders he will face there is not the same level he will face in Germany so he know he get pick...now he need to prove he could deliver in that league. If he ent lighting up MLS chances are when he come up against Sol Campbell, Rio, Terry....what will he do different ???

I think he and Samuel will battle for that spot on the left.  Cornell has shown some competence and pace there.

Hmmm... I think that Samuel already has that locked down.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 03:49:45 PM »

I doubt.  I think that Stern is the only man that could score against thise teams.  Yorke might have a fit of form and score like against Iceland, but other than that the midfield is his and scoring is Stern's.  Glen might get a run somewhere else.

But again... Beenhakker is boss...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:52:22 PM by 1989 »
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 05:00:18 PM »
i wun say glenn is de answer for sweeden an england but, SPEED is de answer for dem to which cornell has
but then so do scotty samuel jones etc

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 11:49:20 PM »
i'm gonna answer this question with a question......out of the FORWARDS selected as part of this 24 man squad,which striker(s) will have the most match fitness and confidence due to regular playing time with his respective club right up until world cup time??

#8...President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 02:44:58 AM »
Scotland
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 05:19:56 AM »
No dis-respect to rest of the forum members that like samuel or even jones,I like them too,but have you guys looked at the section in the forum under goals galore where cornells speed and ball control are on display.The man is explosive,trust me beenie know what he doing and I respect that choice he made to include him,even when I spoke to Anton a few months ago he told me and I qoute,"Cornells lack of discipline is what's keeping out of the starting line-up.I tell allyuh if that man step-up and behave himself skys the limit people and making second might not be so far fetched as some people think.     

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 08:37:41 AM »
my strikers in orer for TnT

1)Stern John- Stern is our most potent striker ...he may lack the pace...but he makes clever runs and has body strength...he also shoots very well..both powerfully and accurately.

2)Jason Scotland- I put Jason here because i find when i see kenwyne play he has about one chance in the game. Jason always creates chances and is a great passer of the ball..... and he has an unbelievable shot.

3) Kenwyn Jones- Kenwyne needs to develop more as a striker...he has hieght and strength  but he doesnt use it on the field effitently..to me Jason Scotland should have first preference to come on before kenwyne....... the only reason i will play Jones in the world cup is if we playing a team of midgits...sorry to say

4)Cornell Glenn--  Great speed but cannot finish... he is very lethal as you can ue him on the wings and he has great heading ability..but like kenwyne i doubt i will see glenn on the field in germany

remember my opinion

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 08:59:23 AM »
I certainly think so,look when that man was playing for metro-stars he was there fastest player,and he have some decent ball control and skill as well.He could if stays fit and is discipline enough light it up in the world cup games.

You asked a question, and now I will give you an answer. Glen is not the answer, he is an option. If we were struggling for goals up top or did not qualify for the World Cup and it was as a result of goals then I would have asked that question. Nevertheless, we have been getting goals from John, Yorke, Birchall and Lawrence. Or, I don't think Glen had a goal for the whole WC campaign (even though he was not a regular starter on the squad). No excuses…..Seally was not a regularly starter either but he had 1 or 2 goals under his belt. Trust me, Glen is not answer. More an option for going up against slow center-backs or even on the flank.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »
No dis-respect to rest of the forum members that like samuel or even jones,I like them too,but have you guys looked at the section in the forum under goals galore where cornells speed and ball control are on display.The man is explosive,trust me beenie know what he doing and I respect that choice he made to include him,even when I spoke to Anton a few months ago he told me and I qoute,"Cornells lack of discipline is what's keeping out of the starting line-up.I tell allyuh if that man step-up and behave himself skys the limit people and making second might not be so far fetched as some people think.     
saga pinto i respect your post and opinion as well as every other forumite's..but just to touch on the part where you wrote "Cornells lack of discipline is what's keeping out of the sarting line up"..this was quoted to you by someone else...i don't think that he has a discipline problem...i just think that he asks challenging/controversial questions that are interpreted as forms of indiscipline...Ask Anton how can..Cornell asking the question.."how come #14(can't/won't say his name for obvious reasons) never checked into the room that we were put in together(when T&T played Bahrain at de HCS) and nothing happens?" be termed as a form of indiscipline??

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »
if he drops the attitude then he'll be a good player off the bench.
Hart for president

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 06:26:55 PM »
saga pinto i respect your post and opinion as well as every other forumite's..but just to touch on the part where you wrote "Cornells lack of discipline is what's keeping out of the sarting line up"..this was quoted to you by someone else...i don't think that he has a discipline problem...i just think that he asks challenging/controversial questions that are interpreted as forms of indiscipline...Ask Anton how can..Cornell asking the question.."how come #14(can't/won't say his name for obvious reasons) never checked into the room that we were put in together(when T&T played Bahrain at de HCS) and nothing happens?" be termed as a form of indiscipline??

I have a feelin that Speedy is Cornell Glen yuh know.   Because how you go say "the room we was supposed to be in together"  how you know that?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 04:45:42 AM »
Cornell Glen is a must for we world cup team, de man will flame them up... he and Samuel... lard !!!!!! not even Ato could catch them... I will pick Glen over Jones anyday, Jones hasn't prove anything to me yet !!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2006, 04:54:38 AM »

I have a feelin that Speedy is Cornell Glen yuh know.   Because how you go say "the room we was supposed to be in together"  how you know that?

I have to agree there... Does Speedy = Cornell Glen??

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2006, 06:13:55 AM »
Allyuh, what number Cornell Glen used in Compre?  If it was 8 then he busted: #8 a.k.a. speedy is Cornell Glenn.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2006, 06:18:26 AM »
Allyuh, what number Cornell Glen used in Compre?  If it was 8 then he busted: #8 a.k.a. speedy is Cornell Glenn.

Jahyute, ah tink yuh on pt.  Congrats on makin de squad Glenn, yuh speed, skill, and obvious talent can contribute in de matches ahead, look forward to seein de warriors in Jamany.  Bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 06:20:58 AM »

Jahyute, ah tink yuh on pt.  Congrats on makin de squad Glenn, yuh speed, skill, and obvious talent can contribute in de matches ahead, look forward to seein de warriors in Jamany.  Bless

Oye, is Jahyouth, not Jahyute.  Ah fowl teef done copycat meh name.

Bless up

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 06:30:10 AM »

Good point jersey trini I think is him too,so let's welcome cornell to the board...........

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2006, 06:55:29 AM »

Cornell firstly let me say how happy I'm that you were selected,I think you bring quality and tremendous speed to the forward position.Now secondly as for asking challenging controversial questions,nothing's wrong with that as a matter of fact it may be deemed necessary at times depending upon the situation,but if for whatever unknown reason it keeps getting you into trouble,you may need to take another approach,here's a subtle quote for you:"you can't catch bees without Honey" 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 06:58:14 AM by saga pinto »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2006, 09:26:57 AM »

Well is ah good ting yuh wuk that out for we yes..ah think Yorke will create some problems, and Whitley, and Carlos 2...Sooo Stern should score bout 4 right dey so.. :beermug:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Maxg yuh iz ah real clown yes. Leave de man and he optimism nah :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2006, 11:22:25 PM »
i say before and i will say again..this is not Cornell(even though i wear his jerseys like is my name on de back ;D)l...Cornell has his own account/identity on this site..that's meh boy from time...and he wore #13 when he played for compre ;)..bless :beermug:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 11:30:26 PM by #8 a.k.a Speedy »

1]; } ?>