March 28, 2024, 11:57:31 PM

Author Topic: Is Cornell glenn the Answer upfront?  (Read 9000 times)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Is Cornell glenn the Answer upfront?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 11:23:51 PM »
It would seem so... He IS the answer up front...

with him and Stern

Vice President of the Glen for Goals Comittee

big up tuh yuh faith president.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »

with him and Stern

bless up jefferz :beermug:...is not really no faith thing nah..i jus know how thusty de man is and does get de chance to see first hand how hard he does work..so is just ah matter of time before nature takes it's course and he reaps what he has sown.

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee            

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2006, 01:07:15 AM »

with him and Stern

bless up jefferz :beermug:...is not really no faith thing nah..i jus know how thusty de man is and does get de chance to see first hand how hard he does work..so is just ah matter of time before nature takes it's course and he reaps what he has sown.

agreed.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2006, 03:00:45 AM »
if he drops the attitude then he'll be a good player off the bench.
supporter..question to you.. de 'ATTITUDE' that yuh mention he needs to drop have you witnessed or experienced it first hand??

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2006, 09:47:13 AM »

if yuh did only know what went down yuh wouldnt be singing the same tune
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2006, 03:22:43 PM »

enlighten me then. im not simply talking about his status with t&t.

When i say his attitude i mean his prima dona approach on the field, i.e. constantly chirping at the officials, consistently and awkwardly shunning his teammates when they come to congratulate him for a goal, staying down on the field hurt for long periods of time, moping when a chance is missed (including walking around with his head down when he's right next to an opponent with the ball).

Ive been watching Cornells games for a while and ive been a supporter of him for a few years now. Hes an exciting player with potential, and dangerous for any team. But, his onfield attitude that i see needs to be improved, otherwise he'll just continue going from team to team.
Hart for president

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2006, 04:00:40 PM »

enlighten me then. im not simply talking about his status with t&t.

When i say his attitude i mean his prima dona approach on the field, i.e. constantly chirping at the officials, consistently and awkwardly shunning his teammates when they come to congratulate him for a goal, staying down on the field hurt for long periods of time, moping when a chance is missed (including walking around with his head down when he's right next to an opponent with the ball).

Ive been watching Cornells games for a while and ive been a supporter of him for a few years now. Hes an exciting player with potential, and dangerous for any team. But, his onfield attitude that i see needs to be improved, otherwise he'll just continue going from team to team.
Supporter no disrespect..but i feel you talking bout Glen when he was with de U-20 T&T squad ;D..cause not only do have ALMOST all his game footage/tapes(in T&T uniform) but i've been to his games as well and de things you mentioned in your post('consistently and awkwardly shunning his teamates when they come to congratulate him for a goal,staying down on the field hurt for long periods of time' i find them quite ALARMING :o...so if yuh could be a lil bit more specific as to de games that he display this ATTITUDE/APPAULING BEHAVIOUR i'd really appreciate that so that i can go through my Glenn video library and try to make some sense(HOPEFULLY) of your comments. :rotfl: :rotfl:.bless up. :beermug:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2006, 04:46:32 PM »
This last game when he score the two goals I eh see him acknowledge Donovan.
I notice this before supporter say anything.

It might seem a small ting eh but when a man put the ball on a platter for you to score (twice) I wud tink allyuh would acknowledge each other or something.  Maybe it happen off-camera and it might seem trivial but dem kinda small tings people is notice (players).

edit:  He did point to Donovan after the first goal.  I eh sure if this game is an example of wat supporter talking bout but I could see where he coming from with some of the other games
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 04:50:33 PM by dcs »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2006, 04:53:01 PM »

It might seem a small ting eh but when a man put the ball on a platter for you to score (twice) I wud tink allyuh would acknowledge each other or something.  Maybe it happen off-camera and it might seem trivial but dem kinda small tings people is notice (players).

I cud see where supporter coming from.

I believe that Landon cannot deal with a more talented player than him on the team. I looked at the goal Glen scored (http://www.mlsnet.com/sierra/sierra_mist.html) and Donovan did not acknowledge Glen either, so putting all the blame on Glen is unfair. Players congratulated both of them and then the commentator took everything away from Glen. If all goes down fair Glen will be the head honcho on that team, which he deserves. Did you notice how the coaches on the sideline ccelbrated when Glen scored?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 04:54:54 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2006, 05:08:28 PM »
Arite I just watch all the goals again.

He does celebrate by running to the corner by the fans.  And his teammates is come over most of the time or he is acknowledge them when he turn round or coming back.  Dat might come off the wrong way I guess.

I eh pick up no prima dona attitude nah.  Just real tizic when he score.  Dem some good goals too.

Donovan might take a while to get used to sharing the spotlight but Glen not going and be the star of that team.  I feel he go have some more Sierra Mist goals of the week though...once they let him play and he score some of the easier "normal" goals that will get the team points.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2006, 06:15:09 PM »
Speedy, im referring in general to his MLS games, and seeing him a few games in the T&T jersey.

As for his galaxy game last night,nothing major but he still showing a bit of the prima dona attitude with injury and arguing with ref. The coach steve sampson actually had to tell him to hurry up back on the field after he came off for treatment in the first half. No big thing but you can kinda see his demeanor.

But if you look at him during any one of his mls games during his career, you can find examples of the attitude. Look at his gold cup goal versus panama,too.
Hart for president

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 11:43:31 AM »
Let we discuss dis after Beenie cut he squad by one.  Glenn's status has always been one foot in de door and one out.  He is on de radar but whether he on de plane is left to be seen.  Ah know man done say Wolfe staying home but let we confirm this nah before we anoint anyone as de potential answer.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 12:52:54 PM »
Let we discuss dis after Beenie cut he squad by one.  Glenn's status has always been one foot in de door and one out.  He is on de radar but whether he on de plane is left to be seen.  Ah know man done say Wolfe staying home but let we confirm this nah before we anoint anyone as de potential answer.

Yuh absolutely right! At the beenie makes the decisions........

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 07:21:27 PM »

I cud see where supporter coming from.

I believe that Landon cannot deal with a more talented player than him on the team. I looked at the goal Glen scored (http://www.mlsnet.com/sierra/sierra_mist.html) and Donovan did not acknowledge Glen either, so putting all the blame on Glen is unfair. Players congratulated both of them and then the commentator took everything away from Glen. If all goes down fair Glen will be the head honcho on that team, which he deserves. Did you notice how the coaches on the sideline ccelbrated when Glen scored?
Arite I just watch all the goals again.

He does celebrate by running to the corner by the fans. And his teammates is come over most of the time or he is acknowledge them when he turn round or coming back. Dat might come off the wrong way I guess.

I eh pick up no prima dona attitude nah. Just real tizic when he score. Dem some good goals too.

Donovan might take a while to get used to sharing the spotlight but Glen not going and be the star of that team. I feel he go have some more Sierra Mist goals of the week though...once they let him play and he score some of the easier "normal" goals that will get the team points.
thank you all VERY much for your above posts dcs and elan :beermug:..supporter.. i not saying that he's perfect..but de things you mentioned i just can't see them in any of his game tapes...anytime glen scores or has scored..the first place he goes is towards de fans..that's how he is..and he always acknowledges the person who assisted de goal...as for the referees..i rather him chirp at them than take matters into his own hands and retaliate against players that are dirty towards him..when he chirps as you put it he always has good reason(plus it hasn't resulted in him being carded)..also understand this when yuh brought into a team with a certain amount of hype..and players realise when you get to de team is not all hype..(SOME PLAYERS)can't deal with that and so they act a certain towards that certain player..cornell has been de victim of this at metrostars,colombus,colarado and he told me today  that it's starting to show (SLIGHTY) at galaxy..so in his defence.. how is he supposed to go and celebrate with a player that is BLANTANTLY shady towards him??

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:25:45 PM by #8 a.k.a Speedy »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 07:34:59 PM »
.so in his defence.. how is he supposed to go and celebrate with a player that is BLANTANTLY shady towards him??

This is Donovan team full stop.
Might put Cobi Jones in that category too.

Whatever he was doing at them other clubs wasn't working    :-\

He cah be watching man with no cut eye.  Just move like Donovan is the star boy and leave it at that......cah win some battles so best he just accept it and move to suit.  Lil mamaguay eh go kill him neda....marketing and knowing what to say and how to move almost as important as performance.  Look at Dwight, Shaka and Latas, they are masters at it now.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2006, 07:55:56 PM »
i wasn't talking bout now pardna..i talking bout in de past..when he had issues with de likes of buddle(colombus),wolyniec(metrostars.colombus),pablo(colarado)..all i say/saying is even though they had their personal issues behind de scenes..he still acknowledged them on de field..he just didn't jump up on them etc. with ecstatic celebrations..but de football/teamate respect was there on de field. :beermug:

1]; } ?>