April 20, 2024, 07:45:27 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 896495 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2007, 08:22:38 AM »
Fellas, the only reason I strip him of the captaincy is because I had ah feeling he woulda get ah rest for the first time of the season after the Champins league and International games.
So what if I get it wrong.

I cyah stand CR7 head, but if he's a big player is now he will react. the international break and CL games prove he hungry after the suspensions, and if he is a big player, he will never get a better chance to make Chelsea look bad this weekend than at home right after they reeling from Mourinho leaving.

Ah notice with all the ole talk, all alyuh men who laughing and bumping yuh gum busy smelling mih fart trails in the standings :devil:

MidKnight ..''So what if I get it wrong''?............ 32pts, dais all. ;D

Berris boy...yuh maths teacher holding she head and bawling all now. Is 16, he still on mih team. And if CR7 deliver just 6 points, is only 10 (knock on wood)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2007, 11:59:59 AM »
Fellas, the only reason I strip him of the captaincy is because I had ah feeling he woulda get ah rest for the first time of the season after the Champins league and International games.
So what if I get it wrong.

I cyah stand CR7 head, but if he's a big player is now he will react. the international break and CL games prove he hungry after the suspensions, and if he is a big player, he will never get a better chance to make Chelsea look bad this weekend than at home right after they reeling from Mourinho leaving.

Ah notice with all the ole talk, all alyuh men who laughing and bumping yuh gum busy smelling mih fart trails in the standings :devil:

MidKnight ..''So what if I get it wrong''?............ 32pts, dais all. ;D

Berris boy...yuh maths teacher holding she head and bawling all now. Is 16, he still on mih team. And if CR7 deliver just 6 points, is only 10 (knock on wood)

Eh Eh. she doing fine and wud be proud becuz she teach meh 16 x 2 = 32
which is what yuh wudda get if yuh did use #4 instead of CR7 as yuh capt  ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2007, 08:22:58 AM »
Updated: Sep. 24, 2007
Soccernet - Arsenal profits to provide £70m transfer warchest

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been promised a mammoth £70million transfer kitty after Arsenal revealed themselves to be one of Europe's richest clubs.

Figures unveiled this morning show the Gunners' move to the Emirates Stadium has driven a near 50% increase in turnover to more than £200million for the year ending May 31, 2007.

That sum means they are only edged into second place in the continent's money league by Real Madrid.

But with operating profit of £51.2million, up an amazing 274%, the Premier League club now have a level of profitability far in excess of Real.

Match-day revenues of £3.1million per game at their new 60,000 home are double those generated at Highbury, and have seen the Gunners leapfrog main domestic rivals Manchester United and Chelsea - whose respective turnover for the same period was £167.8m and £152.8m.

The revelation of Arsenal's wealth is an ample response to those critics who questioned the effect the cost of relocation to Ashburton Grove would have on the club, and in particular Wenger's transfer funds.

But after reiterating that Wenger did not spend all his budget this summer, delighted managing director Keith Edelman claimed the Frenchman would now have previously unheard of sums available to reinforce his squad.

'I think we are in a very good position,' Edelman said. 'Clearly Arsene's performance and the team's performance on the pitch has been outstanding, obviously backed up by our very strong financial position.

'We gave Arsene a budget in the summer and he didn't even spend all of it on transfers and hopefully we'll be able to carry that forward into future years.'

He added: 'We have got plenty of financial firepower to makes the transfers Arsene wants to make.

'We had over £70million of cash at the end of the year and if Arsene wants to spend that money we will make it available.'

The results posted this morning have been achieved despite the lack of a mega-rich foreign owner, the source to which most rivals have turned to increase their clout.

With Red and White Holdings Limited, backed by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, recently increasing their stake in the club to around 21%, rumours have abounded of a possible takeover bid.

But Edelman insists the results show there is no reason to change the way in which the club is run.

'We think it's very important as a board that the club develops revenues it generates itself and is not dependent on people putting money in every year, because that's not a very stable basis on which to run a club,' he told the Arsenal's website.

'We regard ourselves as custodians of the club and fans as well. It's important that the club does have a stable financial base.'

He added: 'If you look at the shareholders and the look at the board, we are all here because we love the club. Yes we want to run it well as a business, but only because we want to be a great club.

'That could be contrasted with what could be called financial owners, who come to purchase clubs to make money out of them and they don't have that affinity to be a rabid fan - to live, breathe and eat Arsenal Football Club.'

With the new Premier League TV deal yet to be reflected in their figures and the Gunners also set to launch their own TV channel in the new year, it seems everything is in place for the financial success to continue.

Time to bring in Ronaldinho!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2007, 08:29:28 AM »
Peeps tremblin sah.

I believe history will prove Arsene Wenger to be among the most astute and visionary managers in the history of the game.

His books should be must reads for all aspiring football coaches.  His approach to things like Nutrition, Philosophy, Psychology etc in football has revolutionized the English game and indeed, helped largely to bring it, kicking and screaming along the way, to a degree of professionalism that was unheard of prior to his arrival on the scene.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2007, 08:31:42 AM »
word. AW know how to run thing.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2007, 09:11:01 AM »
'We think it's very important as a board that the club develops revenues it generates itself and is not dependent on people putting money in every year, because that's not a very stable basis on which to run a club,' he told the Arsenal's website.

Everybody kicking Chelsea when they down.

It is interesting to note that it was Wenger who set out the blueprint for Arsenal's future telling them that they had to  build a new stadium. This is similar to Ferguson at United who has driven the stadium expansion over the last 15 years, the scouting network, the training facility etc.

In both cases the club's finances are built on the manager's success on the field and his input off it, giving managers' total control over footballing matters, especially transfers. No director of football BS. The result is that even in rough times the board undertsands that you don't get in the manager's way. You give them time to work it out because if you hire someone to do a job you have to stand back and let them get on with it. Both Wenger and Ferguson have had lean spells, with several trophyless seasons, Mourinho didn't even have one trophyless season but he was under pressure.

The Chelsea model is different. The club's finances are not dependent on on-field success because they have no need to turn a profit. That is not a sustainable long-term model and it certainly won't Ownership believes that if it their money going in they should exert a greater role, despite the fact that they have less football knowledge than people who actually have a career in coaching and a history of success.

Just goes to show what a joke it was over there, despite the new money they still not ready. But say what it wasn't any better under Ken Bates so the current situation is still an improvement for what was a small broken club trying to compete with the big boys.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2007, 09:32:08 AM »
Peeps tremblin sah.

I believe history will prove Arsene Wenger to be among the most astute and visionary managers in the history of the game.

His books should be must reads for all aspiring football coaches.  His approach to things like Nutrition, Philosophy, Psychology etc in football has revolutionized the English game and indeed, helped largely to bring it, kicking and screaming along the way, to a degree of professionalism that was unheard of prior to his arrival on the scene.

he is ah good coach yes ah go give him his pips straight up.what ii observe is how players does jus fit into his side without skipping ah beat. but most of arsenal effeorts seem to be spent targeting players from other teams youth academies. thats bizness so what i can say. they save alot of millions that way

ah want them to bounce up on mi big side barcelona. the only 2 sides who i think can really say they play the beautiful game
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 09:35:44 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal named England's 'richest' club
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2007, 10:23:29 AM »
Arsenal named England's 'richest' club

September 24, 2007
By Jim van Wijk and Rich Jones Special to PA SportsTicker

LONDON (Ticker) - Arsenal revealed its status as Britain's richest soccer club on Monday after new figures show the club's move to Emirates Stadium helped increase turnover to more than $400 million.

The report - for the year ending May 31, 2007 - also revealed group operating profits up by an astonishing 274 percent, to $103.7 million.
These well exceed the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea - whose respective turnover for the same period was $339.8 million and $309.4 million.

Monday's announcement also rockets Arsenal into the same financial league as Real Madrid, whose turnover was $409 million for the 2005-06 season.

"The best way that Arsenal can continue to deliver success is by maintaining a business that pays its own way," Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood said. "This philosophy helped establish our objectives for the club's move away from Highbury and Emirates Stadium now provides Arsenal with the increased income, profitability, cash generation and firm financial foundations from which we will continue to build trophy winning Arsenal teams for many years to come."

Arsenal's move to its new 60,000-seat home at Ashburton Grove from Highbury has proved more than a financially sound decision, with the long-term debt related to the move having also been refinanced into bonds which provide "a significant reduction" in annual service costs.

The club generated match day revenues of $183.5 million in their first season, representing some $6.3 million per game - more than double that of Highbury. Meanwhile, some 91 percent of the units at "The Stadium - Highbury Square" redevelopment are already pre-sold, with final completion sales expected to comfortably exceed $600 million.

Arsenal - currently in first place in the Barclays Premier League - saw its cash balances up to $149.6 million, from $72.1 million in 2006.

The figures are "before player trading and depreciation," and as such do not take into account the $32 million sale of Thierry Henry to Barcelona during the summer or other recent transfer dealings as manager Arsene Wenger reshaped his squad.

They would also more than backup the stance of the current board that the club does not need a wealthy backer to compete with the best.

Russian businessman Alisher Usmanov increased his shareholding in the club last week via Red and White Holdings Limited to around 21 percent, which makes the investment company Arsenal's second-largest shareholder behind director Danny Fiszman. American billionaire Stan Kroenke remains another significant investor, with a stake of just over 12 percent.

"We have always pursued, and intend to continue with, a policy of re-investing profits and surplus cash into team development," Hill-Wood said. "Emirates Stadium now provides the club with the firm financial foundations from which we will continue to build trophy winning Arsenal teams for many years to come."

The news means that Arsenal now has the "financial firepower" to compete with any club in the transfer market, according to managing director Keith Edelman.

"We have got plenty of financial firepower to make the transfers Arsene wants to make," Edelman declared. "We had over ($140 million) of cash at the end of the year and if Arsene wants to spend that money we will make it available."

"I think we are in a very good position," said Edelman on Arsenal TV Online. "Clearly Arsene's performance and the team's performance on the pitch has been outstanding, obviously backed up by our very strong financial position."

The results posted have been achieved despite the lack of a mega-rich foreign owner, the source to which most rivals have turned to increase their clout. Although Usmanov and Kroenke have significant holdings, Edelman insists the results show there is no reason to change the way in which the club is run.

"We think it's very important as a board that the club develops revenues it generates itself and is not dependent on people putting money in every year, because that's not a very stable basis on which to run a club," Edelman said. "We regard ourselves as custodians of the club and fans as well. It's important that the club does have a stable financial base."

Edelman believes that the club's success is a direct correlation to the passion the shareholders and the board share for Arsenal soccer.

"If you look at the shareholders and the look at the board, we are all here because we love the club," Edelman said. "Yes we want to run it well as a business, but only because we want to be a great club. That could be contrasted with what could be called financial owners, who come to purchase clubs to make money out of them and they don't have that affinity to be a rabid fan - to live, breathe and eat Arsenal Football Club."

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2007, 03:28:03 AM »

Fuh real! De man real, real good.

To all who wash dey mouth on Arsenal during the summer break, talking bout how we lose Henry, how Wenger eh buying nobody to replace him, we eh even making 4th place dis year, blah, blah, blah...... watch de scene now.

We top of the league, various people done have goals to dey name, we making de most money and profit in the country, we have ah A, B & C team dat could beat other EPL teams, and the guidance and vision of de man himself for years to come.

Ah said it here last year, trust de Wenger and have faith in de Young Guns!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2007, 06:53:06 AM »

Fuh real! De man real, real good.

To all who wash dey mouth on Arsenal during the summer break, talking bout how we lose Henry, how Wenger eh buying nobody to replace him, we eh even making 4th place dis year, blah, blah, blah...... watch de scene now.

We top of the league, various people done have goals to dey name, we making de most money and profit in the country, we have ah A, B & C team dat could beat other EPL teams, and the guidance and vision of de man himself for years to come.

Ah said it here last year, trust de Wenger and have faith in de Young Guns!

i still not convinced..

i think their early season form also have something to do with a nice fixture schedule that help them to build up momentum..  fabregas has been outstanding too..

case in point, spurs get it rough with their schedule by having to play some big sides early, and some tough sides away from home, so they couldnt build up momentum..

i want to see this arsenal side pull points off liverpool, man utd and chelsea and beat the physical sides away from home like aston villa, everton and blackburn before i will say they are title contenders..

ps: henry was and is a goat

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2007, 08:26:02 AM »
omar arsenal drew with blackburn away in a game that could easily have been one were it not for a clanger from lehman.  this season bolton has no big sam so they are definitely not going to be a bogey team for us. chelsea are reeling and very vulnerable i feel we could get at least 4 points from them if not more.  liverpool is beatable, especially if benitez keeps rotating his squad as he is doing.  i not shouting glory yet but i am pleased with the season so far.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2007, 09:04:53 AM »
omar arsenal drew with blackburn away in a game that could easily have been one were it not for a clanger from lehman.  this season bolton has no big sam so they are definitely not going to be a bogey team for us. chelsea are reeling and very vulnerable i feel we could get at least 4 points from them if not more.  liverpool is beatable, especially if benitez keeps rotating his squad as he is doing.  i not shouting glory yet but i am pleased with the season so far.

fari last year Liverpool, ManU and Chelsea were not the problem for Arsenal. Just look at their results against those team. The problems were those games against teams at the bottom half of the table. I still say Arsenal needs another central defender & a quality goalkeeper. Look at what Van De Saar and Peter Chec are to ManU & Chelsea. those teams are hard to break down as it is and when teams do manage to get through, you still faced with outstanding goalkeepers.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2007, 09:23:46 AM »
My impression is that last year Arsenal needed space to play. Any team that came in to play an attacking game was in trouble. They had problems with teams that played bunker defense and counter-attacked. They were also pegged as a "finesse" team that could be roughed up.

This season, apart from being more comfortable in the Emirates, they are more decisive in front of goal and seem to have come to grips with the physical play. There are still problems in defense. But now at least you know you won't get any madness from Lehman.  - And now we know they could buy defenders in January.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2007, 09:36:35 AM »

i not counting that blackburn game because it was early in the season when teams now getting their game together.. yes it was a good result but it was by no means a game that arsenal dominated..  i could point out the samba header that was cleared off the line, and a few other chances that fell blackburn's way..

fact of the matter is they still have a soft belly... they need to invest in that central defence, (cause senderos is la la to the power of 10, and makeshift gilberto dont cut it), and need a solid goalkeeper (never was convinced by almunia).. the good thing is that they seem to have a bit more steel in midfield for dem rough and tumble games, with diaby fit and coming thru, and then diarra (makalele prodigy) in de mix...

like i said.. when i see them deal with the sides i call there, and also take points off the big 3, then i will say yes this side have a shot at the title.. it dont take much for the wheels to fall off..

ps: underestimate chelsea at your own peril

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2007, 04:40:09 AM »
I haven't posted on here in a while but all I have to say in regards to Arsenal is  > ;D (And nobody tell me some sh!t about getting overexcited because I'm not, if you can't be pleased when your team is winning we can you)
Last night was good

Toure, Adebayor & Eboue Dancing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mzxJTS5eTqg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P2rLFnQWqUw

That is all for now. Just waiting for the next month to hit so I can buy tickets the December games

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 04:46:44 AM by Serial Gum Bumper »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2007, 06:08:29 AM »

like i said.. when i see them deal with the sides i call there, and also take points off the big 3, then i will say yes this side have a shot at the title.. it dont take much for the wheels to fall off..

I think beating the physical, mid-table teams away from home, as you mentioned in an earlier post, will be more of a test for Arsenal. last year Arsenal had the best head to head between the top 4. ManU won the title cuz they were consistent. They only were able to beat Liverpool and lost home and away to Arsenal last year in top 4 encounters.

In any case..Arsenal fans should feel good. Their team is playing the best football in the EPL and even if you think they haven't had the hardest schedule, you could only play what is in front of you

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2007, 06:40:04 AM »
I was gonna start a new thread for this, but lemme not water down the board with any more EPL threads...

but here's why in my opinion, ARSENAL WILL NOT WIN THE EPL..

credit where credit is due they are playing the best football of the season to date.. but lets analyze the results so far...

12 Aug         FU(H) 2-1  - expected to win
19 Aug        BR(A) 1-1  - tough game away from home. good win
25 Aug        MC(H) 1-0  - tough win at home
2 Sep        PO(H) 3-1  - expected to win
15 Sep     TH(A) 3-1 - good win but spurs in commess.
22 Sep     DC(H) 5-0 - expected to win

right... so i counting the blackburn and man city games as the best results to date, with the london derby win against spurs for good measure even though we all know what going on with spurs.. but in them results, nowhere am i seeing where this side's mettle has been seriously tested..

now i think the credentials of this side will be tested from late october during this stretch of games...

28 Oct    Liverpool (A) - hardest fixture of season to date.
3 Nov    Man. United (H) -  top of table clash
12 Nov    Reading (A) - away to reading will be tough
24 Nov    Wigan (H) -  expected to win.
1 Dec    Aston Villa (A) - away to aston villa will be tough
8 Dec    Middlesbrough (A)  - away to boro will be tough, but expected to win
15 Dec    Chelsea (H)  -   top of table clash, hard fixture.

so after this stretch of games, then we will see where this arsenal side stand... and then most crucially, check out their late season schedule to close out..

22 Mar    Chelsea (A)  - away to chelsea, hard game
29 Mar    Bolton (A)  - away to bolton, hard game
5 Apr    Liverpool (H)  - liverpool title contender, hard game
12 Apr    Man. United (A)  - away to man utd, hard game
19 Apr    Reading (H)  -  expected to win, but could be tough with reading fighting relegation
26 Apr    Derby (A)  - expected to win, unless derby they still in with a chance of fighting relegation, in which case could be tough away
3 May    Everton (H) -  everton will be fighting for uefa cup. hard game
11 May    Sunderland (A) - sunderland will be fighting relegation, hard game

so i'm sorry to pour water on the expectations of the ecstatic arsenal fans.. but arsenal's sweet early season fixture schedule going to come back and bite dem in de ass during the run-in next year... and unless they invest in some central defenders in january, they could be found wanting in de late season when injuries start to take their toll...

if i were a betting man, my money would be on man utd or liverpool to win the prem, but at the same time, football is a funny game and u never know..

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2007, 09:10:34 AM »
what is this inconspicuous silence emanating from people like touches, RTG, palos, serial gumbumper, dwn, gunnerstunner?

reality bites??

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2007, 09:22:52 AM »
i am not worried at all.  so called physical teams this year have to watch out for diaby...the man is silk and steel. and if he ent dey is diarra or wild man song for them. with respect to omar's post i think that we could get at least 17 points from that stretch of games if not more. reason being that while yes we have had an easy run in this has allowed us to build up momentum.  (another win last night against a decent newcastle side)   let's not forget that this team has already beaten lazio, inter and ajax in pre season (some say that doesn't count but say what).  last season the problem was not converting the many chances we create...this season is bullet from all over (denilson scored a cracker last night i believe) so epl teams beware.

with respect to defensive injuries, i feel that any team that reach the final of the champions league with flamini at left back should be able to handle most epl teams home or away, once they stick to the game plan.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2007, 09:27:59 AM »
Alright Omar lemme answer yuh...yuh want to play miss cleo lemme refute them comments yuh have there

28 Oct    Liverpool (A) - hardest fixture of season to date...we drawing 0-0 or winning 1-0. Benitez rotating too much
3 Nov    Man. United (H) -  top of table clash...we whet them twice last yr and will do it again.
12 Nov    Reading (A) - away to reading will be tough....Them taking more wood than a eskimo fireplace. Dey cutarse booked

24 Nov    Wigan (H) -  expected to win.

1 Dec    Aston Villa (A) - away to aston villa will be tough...I could see a draw but we winning 1-0.

8 Dec    Middlesbrough (A)  - away to boro will be tough, but expected to win...Is about 3 southgate side getting. Once we handle downing that side cyar make a note.

15 Dec    Chelsea (H)  -   top of table clash, hard fixture....when the africans going on duty...Chelsea only have licks coming they way.

so after this stretch of games, then we will see where this arsenal side stand... and then most crucially, check out their late season schedule to close out..

22 Mar    Chelsea (A)  - away to chelsea, hard game We beating that like a bad stepchile

29 Mar    Bolton (A)  - away to bolton, hard game...d jumbie allardyce gorn and Anelka may not be there anymore

5 Apr    Liverpool (H)  - liverpool title contender, hard game...draw

12 Apr    Man. United (A)  - away to man utd, hard game.....beating dem in Old trafford.

19 Apr    Reading (H)  -  expected to win, but could be tough with reading fighting relegation...licks again they wouldnt even have a squad left.

26 Apr    Derby (A)  - expected to win, unless derby they still in with a chance of fighting relegation, in which case could be tough away...steupss....this is just another opportunity to put fabregas or adeybaor as yuh fantasy league captain to collect 40 points.

3 May    Everton (H) -  everton will be fighting for uefa cup. hard game..Nope everton is not the same as last yr...3 points surety for arsenal

11 May    Sunderland (A) - sunderland will be fighting relegation, hard game....steups....Welcome to the EPL...another game to put adeybayor as captain and get about 40 fantasy league points.

Omar Arsenal have only one hard game this season and is Liverpool. Once we get a proper ref vs Manu we winning comfortably.

All wenger need is a keeper and a new stopper and we good.

Eduardo go be poison come january and I like how diaby lookin.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2007, 09:32:30 AM »
what is this inconspicuous silence emanating from people like touches, RTG, palos, serial gumbumper, dwn, gunnerstunner?

reality bites??
Ahhh.... people at work boy. We busy.  ;D Wha yuh feel ah chillinghome or wha?

I see your point. Early fixtures have been kind. But that is not our problem. It will only serve to give the boys de practice they need to gel properly. I doh feel de big teams will cause no big set ah problems. Ah mean, look at last year. They either draw or beat the others in the big four.

De only team I really concerned about is Blackburn, cause dem like to rough we up man. But saying dat, dem boys battling hard with more attitude this rounds. I expect real yellow cards to fly whenever these teams meet.

gives Love.

[

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2007, 09:36:23 AM »

reality bites??
Ahhh.... people at work boy. We busy.  ;D Wha yuh feel ah chillinghome or wha?

I see your point. Early fixtures have been kind. But that is not our problem. It will only serve to give the boys de practice they need to gel properly. I doh feel de big teams will cause no big set ah problems. Ah mean, look at last year. They either draw or beat the others in the big four.

De only team I really concerned about is Blackburn, cause dem like to rough we up man. But saying dat, dem boys battling hard with more attitude this rounds. I expect real yellow cards to fly whenever these teams meet.

we draw with them away already and when they come in the emirates we will do for them, doh worry.  savage won't get way with his foolishness this time.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2007, 09:48:30 AM »

reality bites??
Ahhh.... people at work boy. We busy.  ;D Wha yuh feel ah chillinghome or wha?

we draw with them away already and when they come in the emirates we will do for them, doh worry.  savage won't get way with his foolishness this time.

Boy, even Fabregas getting on bad like a jep nest, fouling man and ting. We boys are growing up. Dey eh fraid nobody again, been there done dat and done see it eh nothing to frighten.

All who blast meh for supporting meh boys last season, when de chips were down, ah said it then, I'll say it again - a true fan supports when things are good and when things are bad. Have faith in your side and management to come good. Bad runs happen to any team, is how yuh bounce back next season dat counts.

gives Love.

[

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2007, 10:06:10 AM »
wait nuh redtrinigirl, since when you is a ArseAnal fan???

something about this wreaks of waggonism

Més que un club.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »

Ai! Ketch yuhself! Yuh cyah remember me and small mag having de cuss out over Arsenal last season (cyah remember if was early this year or late last year). And anybody who knows me knows I am an Arsenal fan. Why yuh think Omar call meh name in he ting? Steups!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:19:58 AM by redtrinigirl »

gives Love.

[

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2007, 10:08:43 AM »
Man, Dis, ya have ah Data Base of who does support who or wha? :devil:
Type in meh name day nuh, dis PartZheimers holin meh today ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:10:33 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2007, 10:52:47 AM »

Ai! Ketch yuhself! Yuh cyah remember me and small mag having de cuss out over Arsenal last season (cyah remember if was early this year or late last year). And anybody who knows me knows I am an Arsenal fan. Why yuh think Omar call meh name in he ting? Steups!

like I say is a recent thing

is not like yuh is ah foundation ArseAnal supporter, I feel somebody on this forum influence yuh decision

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »

like I say is a recent thing

is not like yuh is ah foundation ArseAnal supporter, I feel somebody on this forum influence yuh decision

i curious..

what is a "foundation" supporter?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2007, 11:14:23 AM »
i curious..
I tink dais when ya mudda was feedin ya, ya fuss bottle and ya fadda was saying, "ya better grow up to support X (put ya club name here) Football club" :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2007, 11:19:44 AM »
i curious..
I tink dais when ya mudda was feedin ya, ya fuss bottle and ya fadda was saying, "ya better grow up to support X (put ya club name here) Football club" :devil:

close

it start when yuh was breast feeding, and yuh father say "yuh better support Real eh!" but because yuh jes want to defy yuh parents yuh decide to support Barca

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>