April 18, 2024, 01:21:03 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 895934 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4650 on: September 20, 2011, 09:51:43 AM »
He may not have said it, but that's probably why he left lol...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: September 20, 2011, 10:26:17 AM »
He may not have said it, but that's probably why he left lol...

Steups...do you also know why RM lost over the weekend too?  :D  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: September 20, 2011, 10:55:23 AM »
Steups...do you also know why RM lost over the weekend too?  :D  :beermug:

Big Up!

lol the ref tief we...  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:21 AM »
One ah allyuh resourceful gooners .... anyone ... find a link for the Shrewsbury game nah. Chamakh starting and the Korean skipper also.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: September 20, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
Starting lineup: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Djourou, Miquel, Gibbs, Chamberlain, Coquelin, Frimpong, Benayoun, Park, Chamakh.

Ryo on the bench.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: September 20, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »
Starting lineup: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Djourou, Miquel, Gibbs, Chamberlain, Coquelin, Frimpong, Benayoun, Park, Chamakh.

Ryo on the bench.

Arsenal down 1-0 ahready!!!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: September 20, 2011, 01:27:13 PM »
Gibbs equalise. When will they learn to defend the high ball into the box? It's like a glass jaw.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: September 20, 2011, 01:34:55 PM »
I really really hope dey do something they could build on. Van Persie getting fustrated too with the performances. Something has to change.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: September 20, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
How many pinpoint crosses has Jenkinson sent in since he join the club now?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: September 20, 2011, 02:06:57 PM »
Goal for Oxtail. Long may it continue.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: September 20, 2011, 06:20:19 PM »
Young winger Oxlade-Chamberlain shines for Arsenal
By FRANK GRIFFITHS, Associated Press
12 minutes ago

tweet0EmailPrintLONDON (AP)—Arsenal’s youngsters momentarily lifted the gloom after a horrid few months for the club, with speedy winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scoring the key goal in a 3-1 win against Shrewsbury in the League Cup on Tuesday night.

The 18-year-old Oxlade-Chamerlain, an understudy to Theo Walcott, unleashed a blistering right-foot shot from 30 yards to put the Gunners ahead in the 58th minute against the League Two side.

He was Arsenal’s stand-out player, making blazing runs down the right and landing dangerous crosses in the heart of Shrewsbury’s penalty area at Emirates Stadium.

Empty barrels make the most noise

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: September 20, 2011, 09:25:55 PM »
Young winger Oxlade-Chamberlain shines for Arsenal
By FRANK GRIFFITHS, Associated Press
12 minutes ago

tweet0EmailPrintLONDON (AP)—Arsenal’s youngsters momentarily lifted the gloom after a horrid few months for the club, with speedy winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scoring the key goal in a 3-1 win against Shrewsbury in the League Cup on Tuesday night.

The 18-year-old Oxlade-Chamerlain, an understudy to Theo Walcott, unleashed a blistering right-foot shot from 30 yards to put the Gunners ahead in the 58th minute against the League Two side.

He was Arsenal’s stand-out player, making blazing runs down the right and landing dangerous crosses in the heart of Shrewsbury’s penalty area at Emirates Stadium.

Once again it wasn't top tier opposition but he was excellent in his passing, movement and vision, and the shooting was pretty damn good too.

Park looked good as well, but his link up play was about all I saw.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: September 20, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »
Oh, and Coquelin looked excellent as well. Was probably overawed by United although the defensive shambles wasn't really his doing. A second promising holding midfielder to back up a top class one.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: September 21, 2011, 09:06:35 AM »
So, is Johan Djourou going through a slump now or was his good form in December 2010-February 2011 a flash in the pan?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: September 21, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
So, is Johan Djourou going through a slump now or was his good form in December 2010-February 2011 a flash in the pan?

I don't know about good or bad form. i do know he is NOT a defender.
Put him in the midfield. As I said before, he has all the physical attributes to make a good defender, but has no idea what's going on back there.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4665 on: September 21, 2011, 12:53:07 PM »

Put him in the midfield. As I said before, he has all the physical attributes to make a good defender, but has no idea what's going on back there.
The reasoning behind my question was that during the period I cited last year, our defending was excellent, at least in the league and Djourou was a big part of that. It ended with the dislocated shoulder he suffered in the FA Cup defeat to United. If you look at the goal tallies it's pretty clear the end of season collapse started in the attack rather than the defence. In 12 games they conceded 10 goals (with one of those games being the 4-4 Newcastle draw, when their comeback only started after Djourou went off injured and another being the 2-2 Wigan draw where Squillaci started). He put in some impressive performances too. the 3-1 victory over Chelsea being the standout. He was looking like a defensive leader in Vermaelen's absence.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4666 on: September 21, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »

He is not good enough on the ball to be a midfielder. I don't care where he started his career. Pros and "back in the day" is two different things. After all, Ashley Cole was a striker too.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: September 21, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »

He is not good enough on the ball to be a midfielder. I don't care where he started his career. Pros and "back in the day" is two different things. After all, Ashley Cole was a striker too.

True, but at this point, he come like Senderos and Squillaci, once he on the field, your defense in trouble.
If you check it, Koscielny has started to cheat over to cover for him and that creates disruptions and more mess. Might just be a confidence thing, but teams attacking him as the weak link.

Man U in that 8-2 game were going right at him, they tried Jenkinson in the first half, and found Djourou to be a much easier target.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: September 22, 2011, 07:01:21 AM »
hope we beat up on bolton this weekend

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: September 22, 2011, 08:11:09 AM »
I just hope we dont f*ck it up against Bolton. No more stupid mistakes.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: September 22, 2011, 12:47:14 PM »
Come on fellas. Doh be thinking negative.

Look some good news for allyuh..although it eh go do much but fuel the "Everybody hates Arsenal" sentiment:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/08/21/revealed-the-table-that-shows-arsenal-and-blackpool-were-cheated-last-season-210801/

REVEALED: The table that shows Arsenal and Blackpool were cheated last season

By Nick Harris

SJA Internet Sports Writer of the Year

21 August 2011

Arsenal would have been runners-up in the Premier League last season and Blackpool wouldn’t have been relegated if match officials hadn’t made mistakes. (See table at bottom).

These are the headline findings from extensive new research that re-examined 713 ‘significant’ incidents – penalties, goal line incidents, offside goals – across the Premier League’s 380 games in 2010-11.

Arsenal ended up fourth with 68 points but should in reality have won 72 points and finished second to Manchester United.

Manchester City should have won nine fewer points than they did and finished fourth.

Blackpool and Birmingham should have avoided relegation while Wigan and Wolves should have been relegated along with West Ham. (West Ham should have had seven more points than they actually got but would have gone down anyway).

The research was conducted by broadcaster and journalist Tim Long for his radio documentary, Beyond The Goal Line: Football’s Technology Debate. The programme explores the need for technology, and how officiating errors can make a material difference to clubs, and versions are being aired in Australia and Britain.

The point is not to be critical of referees – because it is accepted they do their best in good faith – but to illustrate how even simple television replays can highlight erroneous decisions. Replays have shown this again this weekend in the Premier League, for example at Arsenal and Sunderland.

Long spent 250 hours analysing the 713 incidents, each of which on their own could or did lead to a goal. Of these, 361 involved penalties given (or not), and 152 involved goals given (or not) as a result of offside calls.

‘That isn’t a massive amount of incidents when you think about it, fewer than two per game on average,’ Long tells me.

‘So supposing there was a system that allowed the video evidence to be reviewed at the time, looking at these things wouldn’t necessarily take a long time.

‘I wanted to explore the extent to which decisions about offside goals or penalty calls did, in fact, even themselves out or not, and how they made a difference to the end of season table.’

Stoke would have won two more points but these would have been sufficient to finish four places higher in the table – and win an extra £3m in prize money from the Premier League.

Examples of wrong calls included the decision that famously left Wenger ‘too disgusted to speak’ in March — when a perfectly good goal from Andrei Arshavin at 0-0 against Sunderland was chalked off in error by linesman Andy Garratt. That cost Arsenal points.

Another decision Long considered was the clear handball by Nemanja Vidic as Manchester United played Arsenal on 1 May. Coincidentally, the same linesman, Andy Garratt, was involved, failing to spot that Vidic had denied Robin van Persie a clear opportunity to score with his head.

As it transpired, Arsenal beat United in that particular game so the bad Vidic call didn’t make any points difference to Arsenal or United, although Arsenal’s goal difference would almost certainly have been better by one with a good decision.

‘Actually a lot of the significant incidents I looked at were called correctly at the time and the analysis simply ratified the good calls,’ Long says.

‘More than 500 of the decisions out of 713 were right. But that still leaves just over 200 wrong calls in significant incidents over the course of the season.

‘And while not all those would have changed a result, quite a few of them would have done so.’

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: September 22, 2011, 01:47:37 PM »
Lol. How is that supposed to make us feel better? The next one is the shots hitting the post. If all had gone in Arsenal would have won the league with 5 games to go last season but that doh really help. The 4-4 with Newcastle we suffered a lot of bad decisions too but that only compounded the problem that Arsenal couldn't defend high balls into the box.

I always want de side to do well, that is why I does take it to heart, but the weaknesses there for everybody to see.

Arsenal forever.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: September 22, 2011, 01:53:50 PM »
I just hope we dont f*ck it up against Bolton. No more stupid mistakes.

Go Bolton !!!!!!!

:) :beermug:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: September 22, 2011, 01:58:46 PM »
Van Persie: We must not hideSeptember 22, 2011
Email PrintBy ESPNsoccernet staff
Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has urged his team-mates to prove their mettle ahead of their weekend clash against Bolton Wanderers at Emirates Stadium.

PA Photos
Robin van Persie and Gervinho celebrate
Arsenal slumped to a hugely disappointing 4-3 loss in their last Premier League outing at Blackburn, courtesy of two own goals conceded, to confirm their worst start to a season for 58 years.

They have a chance to get back on track when they host Bolton on Saturday, and Dutch striker Van Persie has challenged the Gunners to play with confidence and without fear as they look to quieten their growing critics.

He said: "It is important that we stay positive - that can be hard because everyone is frustrated and we realise that this is our worst start in the league for a while, but we have to stay together, be strong and make sure not to hide or become introverted.

"Games like Saturday's happen, but we must not go into our shell. We should be proud of who we are and aware that we are only five games in with so much still to play for.

"The facts are we went in front twice (against Blackburn) and didn't defend well enough thereafter. It is strange because in earlier games, Udinese being a classic example, we had managed to do it - fighting for a good result and keeping it. Now we have to show people we can do it week in, week out.

"Yes, we were a bit unlucky at Ewood Park, but I am someone who believes you bring luck to yourselves - and scoring two own goals is not down to bad luck. We don't blame individuals, but we have to look a bit more closely at things."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: September 22, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »
Come on fellas. Doh be thinking negative.

Look some good news for allyuh..although it eh go do much but fuel the "Everybody hates Arsenal" sentiment:

I'm not worried about the squad. If you look at our personnel needs from the end of last season and over the summer Wenger has addressed every single one (even if he was very late to do so). My worry is that the team won't gel until they're too far behind to do something about it. I actually think this team, as a whole (and on paper), may be stronger and deeper than last year's team.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: September 22, 2011, 05:24:48 PM »
I agree the only unreplaceable element in the team is Cesc ... I do think we're struggling without Wilshire who was ever present last year, djourou was in great form last year ... this year not so much .. , and needless to say we miss the Verminator ... people so critical of the team but the truth is defensively despite all the inconsistencies when this team played well defensively who was there ... the Verminator!!!!

Despite the old talk I feel with verminator back ... Dos Santos and Gibbs vying for the left back position and with Ox to keep Walcott and them honest with the midfield trio of Wilshire, Song and Arteta teams would be foolish to write us off.

Last year the break out player was wilshire ... I have bets that Ox will be the break out player this year  .. watch it Theo!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: September 22, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »
I love how the crowd was singing "One Arsene Wenger" at the Shrewsbury game. Even in our darkest hour it's good to know Arsenal's greatest Manager still has the respect and love of the fans. Wish I'd been there.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: September 23, 2011, 04:59:05 PM »
I want a win tomorrow
I want a lot of Arsenal goals
I want no goals for Bolton
I want a lot but the Club/players owe it to the fans

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: September 24, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »
Initial observations ... frustrating ones ..... Gibbs switches off defensively ... missed a header went for a foot clearance and missed a covering assignment when Mertsaker and Kos was pulled in on the right side.

Nobody is gonna tell me that when Verminator comes back Kos hits the bench ... he is far better than the german boy!

Gervinho and Arteta are Arsenal quality!

Walcott is a lost little puppy in a grown man's world .. he likes the ball in the channels but he isn't running into the f**king channels I mean cmonnnnnn ..... I mean really such shit and no pressure I'm sooo waiting for Wenger to sub him and bring on the 'Ox'

Scez is the best keeper in the league ... !!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: September 24, 2011, 09:51:36 AM »
3-0 Bolton down to 10 men for most of the 2nd half and Walcott out with what looks like a hamstring injury.

1]; } ?>