April 25, 2024, 01:08:52 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 898237 times)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4680 on: September 24, 2011, 09:54:42 AM »
3-0 Bolton down to 10 men for most of the 2nd half and Walcott out with what looks like a hamstring injury.

Just when the boy start to catch himself and start moving off the ball he seems to have gotten a hamstring injury ...... jeeezzz

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: September 24, 2011, 09:58:51 AM »
Initial observations ... frustrating ones ..... Gibbs switches off defensively ... missed a header went for a foot clearance and missed a covering assignment when Mertsaker and Kos was pulled in on the right side.
Nobody is gonna tell me that when Verminator comes back Kos hits the bench ... he is far better than the german boy!

Gervinho and Arteta are Arsenal quality!

Walcott is a lost little puppy in a grown man's world .. he likes the ball in the channels but he isn't running into the f**king channels I mean cmonnnnnn ..... I mean really such shit and no pressure I'm sooo waiting for Wenger to sub him and bring on the 'Ox'

Scez is the best keeper in the league ... !!

You beat me to this observation, which sums up the defensive frailty on set plays in particular.
Ramsey looked cooked by the 60min mark, he made Arteta work overtime.
Good result against a traditional boogey team

Best moment of the match: Crowd singing "were going to beat the drop"  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: September 24, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »

You beat me to this observation, which sums up the defensive frailty on set plays in particular.

Sorry I missed most of the game. And very sorry I missed that song. Will watch it tonight on Arsenal Player.

Please more goals and more clean sheets. Looks like it might be time for one of our brand new wingers to take Theo's spot.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: September 24, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »
Initial observations ... frustrating ones ..... Gibbs switches off defensively ... missed a header went for a foot clearance and missed a covering assignment when Mertsaker and Kos was pulled in on the right side.
Nobody is gonna tell me that when Verminator comes back Kos hits the bench ... he is far better than the german boy!

Gervinho and Arteta are Arsenal quality!

Walcott is a lost little puppy in a grown man's world .. he likes the ball in the channels but he isn't running into the f**king channels I mean cmonnnnnn ..... I mean really such shit and no pressure I'm sooo waiting for Wenger to sub him and bring on the 'Ox'

Scez is the best keeper in the league ... !!

lol  ;D

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: September 24, 2011, 03:57:53 PM »
i must say!! it was a good game!!!! but  i do hope...we get our act 2gother!!

Man City planning £30m raid for disillusioned Arsenal skipper van Persie

By Rob Draper

Last updated at 10:10 PM on 24th September 2011

Comments (0)
    Add to My Stories

Manchester City will make a £30million swoop for Arsenal captain Robin van Persie if contract talks between the crisis club and the disaffected star make no progress before the January transfer window.

Sources close to Van Persie say he is deeply disillusioned over the summer departures of Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy to City.

Van Persie scored twice in Saturday's 3-0 win over Bolton but if he chooses to follow his former team-mates out of the club it will add to the feeling that Arsene Wenger's side, who have made Arsenal's worst start to a League season for 58 years, are unravelling.
Disillusioned: Robin van Persie has seen three of his team-mates leave over the summer

Disillusioned: Robin van Persie has seen three of his team-mates leave over the summer

Van Persie's contract - thought to be worth £80,000 a week - runs out in 2013, meaning the club would be forced to sell him by next summer if they wanted any financial return.

With central defender Thomas Vermaelen and England winger Theo Walcott also having deals ending in 2013, chief executive Ivan Gazidis has a major task convincing the Dutchman to stay.

Other players are likely to take their lead from the Arsenal captain and the club cannot afford to give the impression that wealthier clubs can cherry-pick their squad.

On Saturday Wenger confirmed Van Persie's importance to the team after his brace took him to 100 goals for Arsenal and helped secure only their second league win of the season.
Brace: Van Persie netted two goals against Bolton on Saturday

'He has grown well into the captain's role, said Wenger. 'He is a man who speaks his mind and is doing the job well.'

Van Persie has had offers to leave before. He signed a new contract in 2009 despite Juventus, Internazionale and Chelsea all following the progress of talks. But the player is settled in London and has been committed to Arsenal.

However, the departure of so many key players and the inability of Arsenal to keep pace with Manchester United and City will inevitably be a factor in talks. Van Persie has won just one trophy at Arsenal, the FA Cup in 2005.

Talks with Vermaelen are at an early stage, according to a source close to negotiations. Walcott's representatives have not started talks but Wenger said they would begin soon. Andrey Arshavin's deal runs out in 2013.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2041266/Manchester-City-planning-30m-raid-Robin-van-Persie.html#ixzz1YvAaJ9Ts

God forbid if this happen!! i will curse mancity 2hell!! 2damn hell!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: September 24, 2011, 06:27:05 PM »
i must say!! it was a good game!!!! but  i do hope...we get our act 2gother!!

Man City planning £30m raid for disillusioned Arsenal skipper van Persie

By Rob Draper

Last updated at 10:10 PM on 24th September 2011

Comments (0)
    Add to My Stories

Manchester City will make a £30million swoop for Arsenal captain Robin van Persie if contract talks between the crisis club and the disaffected star make no progress before the January transfer window.

Sources close to Van Persie say he is deeply disillusioned over the summer departures of Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy to City.

Van Persie scored twice in Saturday's 3-0 win over Bolton but if he chooses to follow his former team-mates out of the club it will add to the feeling that Arsene Wenger's side, who have made Arsenal's worst start to a League season for 58 years, are unravelling.

Van Persie's contract - thought to be worth £80,000 a week - runs out in 2013, meaning the club would be forced to sell him by next summer if they wanted any financial return.

With central defender Thomas Vermaelen and England winger Theo Walcott also having deals ending in 2013, chief executive Ivan Gazidis has a major task convincing the Dutchman to stay.

Other players are likely to take their lead from the Arsenal captain and the club cannot afford to give the impression that wealthier clubs can cherry-pick their squad.

On Saturday Wenger confirmed Van Persie's importance to the team after his brace took him to 100 goals for Arsenal and helped secure only their second league win of the season.

'He has grown well into the captain's role, said Wenger. 'He is a man who speaks his mind and is doing the job well.'

Van Persie has had offers to leave before. He signed a new contract in 2009 despite Juventus, Internazionale and Chelsea all following the progress of talks. But the player is settled in London and has been committed to Arsenal.

However, the departure of so many key players and the inability of Arsenal to keep pace with Manchester United and City will inevitably be a factor in talks. Van Persie has won just one trophy at Arsenal, the FA Cup in 2005.

Talks with Vermaelen are at an early stage, according to a source close to negotiations. Walcott's representatives have not started talks but Wenger said they would begin soon. Andrey Arshavin's deal runs out in 2013.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2041266/Manchester-City-planning-30m-raid-Robin-van-Persie.html#ixzz1YvAaJ9Ts

God forbid if this happen!! i will curse mancity 2hell!! 2damn hell!
That is just a rumour. They need to sell papers. RvP loves Arsenal and he have a pay raise to get. He ent no Nasri.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: September 26, 2011, 06:02:40 PM »
Wilshere surgery successful but he is out for 4-5 months.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: September 26, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »
Arsenal finally win a trophy   :devil: good going ladies  :)

Check the bess goal at min 5:55
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPK-hsgL-Yc&amp;feature=feedu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kPK-hsgL-Yc&amp;feature=feedu</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Ik0jgp4jiw&amp;feature=feedu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4Ik0jgp4jiw&amp;feature=feedu</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4688 on: September 27, 2011, 05:47:50 AM »
Wilshere surgery successful but he is out for 4-5 months.

Wilshire is this season Vermaelen. Arsenal medical staff underselling his injury and his return date constantly getting pushed back. I would be surprised if he plays any time this season.

If they knew he was injured against Switzerland why did they play him in pre-season games?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: September 27, 2011, 07:37:02 AM »
Arsenal ladies winning trophies like rain for a while now. The men could probably learn something from them.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: September 27, 2011, 10:50:31 AM »
9 first team players out? When will this end?!?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/27/arsenal-theo-walcott-olympiakos-champions-league

Arsenal lose Theo Walcott for game with Olympiakos in Champions League
• Gervinho and Laurent Koscielny also ruled out
• Wenger hopeful all three will be fit for Spurs game
Tuesday 27 September 2011 13.52 BST

Arsenal will be without Theo Walcott, Gervinho and Laurent Koscielny for Wednesday's Champions League encounter against Olympiakos.

The England winger Walcott picked up a knee injury late on during Arsenal's 3-0 win over Bolton on Saturday and he missed training on Tuesday. Gervinho has a hamstring starin and Koscielny an ankle problem.

However, Arsène Wenger is hopeful all three will recover in time to be fit for this weekend's north London derby with Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane.

It means Arsenal go into their tie with nine players missing through injury. Besides the three already mentioned, Sébastien Squillaci has a knee problem, Jack Wilshere a long-term ankle injury, Abou Diaby an ankle problem, Yossi Benayoun a groin strain, Thomas Vermaelen an ankle injury and Johan Djourou a hamstring problem.

With four of their five central defenders absent, Wenger is set to play Alex Song at centre-half alongside Per Mertesacker.

Arsenal are looking to follow up a 1-1 draw away to Borussia Dortmund with their first win of this season's group stages of the Champions League.

giggsy11

« Reply #4691 on: September 27, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »
I think Walcott could have benefitted from going out on loan when he signed for Arsenal. I think it would have possibly given him the opportunity to develop different aspects of his game ie passing, shooting and thinking! Also he would ahve gotten the opportunity to play as a striker versus being shuttled out on the wing for Arsenal. Not sure why Wenger did not send him out on loan early in his career.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: September 28, 2011, 07:35:48 AM »
 ;DOff to London today, won't be able to get any scores until intouch down tonight (or if the pilot is a champions league fan)

Hoping to get a ticket to sundays derby at white hart lane, wish it was emirates but never been to a north london derby

Donations towards attending are welcome  ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: September 28, 2011, 08:17:54 AM »
Hope you take yuh T&T flag to Sh!te Hart Lane. We go look for yuh in de away section. Cyah help yuh as I still paying off my ticket to the Swansea game. Dat 6% hurtin boy! :beermug:

Come on you GUNNERS!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: September 28, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: September 28, 2011, 12:48:40 PM »
Arsenal Lineup: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Song, Andre Santos, Frimpong, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin, Chamakh.
Subs: Fabianski, Park, van Persie, Ramsey, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Coquelin.

I guess they want to see if they can keep RvP fresh for Spuds?!? Judgement call but I don't know...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: September 28, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »
Oxlade-Chamberlain 8' Boom!

Run it up Gunners!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: September 28, 2011, 01:11:52 PM »
Santos! 2-0. If this wasn't Arsenal you'd say "game over".

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: September 28, 2011, 01:17:10 PM »
2-1 now. So Arsenal still haven't learned to defend corners. Steuuuuups!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: September 28, 2011, 01:41:18 PM »
Oxtail lookin like he could pan out

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: September 28, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »
Oxtail lookin like he could pan out
He better, the way we defend set pieces...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: September 28, 2011, 01:59:26 PM »
Arshavin is boo  :frustrated:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: September 28, 2011, 02:40:22 PM »
Game over. On to Sh!te Hart Lane. Wenger PLEASE do some corner drills before Sunday?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: September 28, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »
Song was on song today. He and Metta man look good.
Santos is the real deal as he gets fitter he will be solid
Sagna had a poor outing in my books, very indecisive in possession & when up against a right footed player on the left, he allows crosses to rain in.
Rosicky showed sparks of his old self and actually played 90 minutes :o

Chamak at least he fought the game, but needs something to happen for him. He thrives on crosses in the air, so if he is on that is what is required.

Not sure about the defending argument & the back line, to my untrained eye it is the midfield defending that looks very weak. very slow to close down the ball, reluctant to track & weak in the tackle

Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: September 28, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
Song was on song today. He and Metta man look good.
Santos is the real deal as he gets fitter he will be solid
Sagna had a poor outing in my books, very indecisive in possession & when up against a right footed player on the left, he allows crosses to rain in.
Rosicky showed sparks of his old self and actually played 90 minutes :o

Chamak at least he fought the game, but needs something to happen for him. He thrives on crosses in the air, so if he is on that is what is required.

Not sure about the defending argument & the back line, to my untrained eye it is the midfield defending that looks very weak. very slow to close down the ball, reluctant to track & weak in the tackle

To be honest I cheated a little bit. I'm stuck in work reading a live update. I know that they scored from a corner and Arteta cleared one off the line. We can't be still doing this nonsense with set pieces if we want to climb the table.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: September 28, 2011, 08:43:57 PM »
Now done watching the game. Is it me or is Alex Song playing some real sweet Hollywood passes these days?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: September 28, 2011, 09:19:38 PM »
This team has to be hard to beat we have some talented players ... defensively we do ok individually i doh know why scez have to be making so much saves .. the midfield does a fair amount of work too.   The only reason has to be a gap between the defense and midfield or maybe we play too high or maybe we pull back people too far when we should be pushing them onto the incoming player. I cant put my finger on it.

Arteta impresses me, Song need I say more?
Rosicky looking like his old self he sees things the others dont and his first touch is ridiculous .. he should easily be starting over Ramsey in the attacking mid role. Even in the manu game he was creating chances.
Santos looks ok going forward but I'm not sold on him he looks out of shape and a lil fat and defensively he's suspect .. I'd go with Gibbs in front of him.

Ox did well but he needs to work harder off the ball when called upon defensively n we did miss Walcott darting into the space for the through balls

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: October 02, 2011, 09:36:42 AM »
Ramsey real pulling stones.
Put in Benayoun
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: October 02, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
Ramsey real pulling stones.
Put in Benayoun

I surprise Benayoun eh getting regular run... or maybe he has? I really doh keep up with the clubs near the bottom  ;D

Seriously speaking though in three or four games this season Gervinho hasn't shown me a single thing, I can't even tell you what quality he brings to the side, unless yuh counting he hair cut as a PSA.  Arsenal must also be thinking that they buy deyselves a cat in bag with Mertesacker.

1-0 Spurs... Van der Vaart 40'

1]; } ?>