March 28, 2024, 04:49:02 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891771 times)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4860 on: October 29, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
Paging SOBRIQUET, come out from wherever you are hiding! The boys are looking for you! :P  :rotfl:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: October 29, 2011, 06:17:19 PM »
Paging SOBRIQUET, come out from wherever you are hiding! The boys are looking for you! :P  :rotfl:

Big Up!
He looking for a new team now :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
TnT Patriot

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: October 29, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »
oh yeah....we have a trini gunners group on fb also...check it out
What is the group name?
TnT Patriot

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: October 30, 2011, 02:52:08 AM »
Chelsea was missing the Arsenal-killer: Drogba.

Djourou STILL have Drogba in he back pocket from the game in December!
Victoria concordia crescit

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: October 30, 2011, 02:52:45 AM »
oh yeah....we have a trini gunners group on fb also...check it out
What is the group name?

Trini Gunners

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: October 30, 2011, 06:24:43 AM »
Anyway fellas just wanted to give my 15 cents on what happened yesterday and why I am excited about this team.
Namely the upside for this team, this team has not reached it potential yet this season we haven't played our best team yet. We scored 5 but conceded 3 defensively the first half was crap but the second half showed a marked improvement.

Vermalean is back and despite the injuries he in my opinion may be the best sweeper in the league and the fact that our defense is improving and 'Kos' is playing out of his mind means we can slowly nurse him back.  Ultimately, the pairing that Arsene always wanted in the middle was Kos and Vermalean and right now that is a frightening prospect.

Walcott seems to be regaining his confidence a bit, but a one off game won't sell me on the youth but dammit he is fast! I saw him outrun Ashley Cole ... and ashley cole is not slow at all ... when he contributes like he did today we're a totally different animal.... long may it continue he's even working back defensively.

Aaron Ramsey did ok today and he seems to be finding form and that is def not bad plus with Rosicky snapping at his heels he cant f**k around  (Personally with Rosicky's form I'd start him or at least rotate them in every other game). He did miss some passes today for RVP that I know Cesc would have nailed but its asking too much to expect that of him Cesc is one of the best in the world to accomodate him barca has even moved Iniesta to the wing ... go figure.

Song and Arteta continues to do the things needed in the middle they give a good hustle keeps the play clicking but above all gives the defense an outlet to pass too. Song tends to pick up frequent yellows though but he has coquelin and Frimpong to come in .. that aint bad .. aint bad at all

Djourou is doing ok in the wing back position it's a chance for him to get playing time and regain his confidence while not having the responsibility of being the sweeper .. plus the youth Jenkinson is back..

Santos is doing well while Gibbs recovers from yet another injury.
In my opinion Gibbs is better .. he's fitter, faster and he has a nice delivery but in terms of playing and understanding the game Santos is a brazilian ... so I like the competition created for that position

I know Ive been singing everyones praises and not Per personally I feel Verminator and Kos better than him but I cant deny that his presence has changed this defence around .. he's calm he's there when others slip up and although he gets beat he's never really fully beaten because he is so long ... I'd like to see him up against man City because they have the smaller quicker explosive types his positioning and anticipation will be tested .... but he was a good buy and he's a good presence for the team .. obviously an easy going guy.

Ox .... Arsene said something about him that his concentration is a bit off and he doesnt work back defensively and I see where he is coming from exposure in the champions league will help him mature a bit.

Park has scored and looks a good prospect confidence is a helluva a thing it would be nice if he can be come the reliable goalpoacher we need to back up RVP.

Sagna still to come back, as well as Wilshire and Gibbs and the tall man in the middle.

In Sces we finally have a reliable goalkeeper ... nuff said.

Gervinho looks a good replacement for Nasri truth be told Nasri doesnt really look happy at Man City guess maybe because he isnt the man there... that be Da silva .. but oh well

RVP .... simply wow theres so many good things about this guy he plays a post up game but drops deep so its dificult to mark him ...... he's fit for the first time in years fully fit and scoring but above all .... he is leading this team and embracing the captaincy ... he likes it he thrives on it .. last year Cesc was captain but he didnt embrace it his mind was elsewhere as we all know and the added pressure affected his game he looked unhappy ... I'm impressed with him big time.
At the end of the match RVP went over to applaud the spectators and gave a fan his jersey and the guy went crazy lol excellent stuff ... this team is coming together and they havent peaked theyre building up to it which is how it should be done .. I believe Man United has already peaked and Man City hasnt been tested by a team that doesnt fear them .. enter Arsenal!

Last but not least  "In Arsene we believe"  people wanted to fire him  ... he brought in Ryo, Ox, Arteta, Per , Santos, Gervinho, Joel (costa rican), Park, jenkinson ... people criticize him they dis him .. his team lost 8-2 with his weakest team because of injuries and suspensions (and we didnt have our deadine transfer or starters) they say he dead .. and he never stop believing he keep giving his players chances and having faith him in them AND now he leading this team .. to the promise land only managers of his calibre like fergie and mourinho could have done that with this team after suffering the loss of Cesc and nasri.
He balances out the injuries to gibbs via Santos, elevates the level of Kos via Per, keeps Theo guessing yet never losing faith with him with Ox on his tail, and utilizes Arshavin as a super sub and playing him in the hole in the carling cup he's realised how to get the best out of him  ....... We're leading our champions league group after having to qualify via a playoff against third place udinese who we beat in both legs and we're moving ... ladies and gents welcome to Coaching 101!
In Arsene we believe!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:38:46 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: October 30, 2011, 09:04:53 AM »
Of of the enduring qualities of Van Persie is that he's always (as long as I've been watching him at least), been a quality finisher.  Of course the big question has always been injuries.  If he could stay healthy...

giggsy11

« Reply #4868 on: October 30, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »
Anyway fellas just wanted to give my 15 cents on what happened yesterday and why I am excited about this team.
Namely the upside for this team, this team has not reached it potential yet this season we haven't played our best team yet. We scored 5 but conceded 3 defensively the first half was crap but the second half showed a marked improvement.

Vermalean is back and despite the injuries he in my opinion may be the best sweeper in the league and the fact that our defense is improving and 'Kos' is playing out of his mind means we can slowly nurse him back.  Ultimately, the pairing that Arsene always wanted in the middle was Kos and Vermalean and right now that is a frightening prospect.

Walcott seems to be regaining his confidence a bit, but a one off game won't sell me on the youth but dammit he is fast! I saw him outrun Ashley Cole ... and ashley cole is not slow at all ... when he contributes like he did today we're a totally different animal.... long may it continue he's even working back defensively.

Aaron Ramsey did ok today and he seems to be finding form and that is def not bad plus with Rosicky snapping at his heels he cant f**k around  (Personally with Rosicky's form I'd start him or at least rotate them in every other game). He did miss some passes today for RVP that I know Cesc would have nailed but its asking too much to expect that of him Cesc is one of the best in the world to accomodate him barca has even moved Iniesta to the wing ... go figure.

Song and Arteta continues to do the things needed in the middle they give a good hustle keeps the play clicking but above all gives the defense an outlet to pass too. Song tends to pick up frequent yellows though but he has coquelin and Frimpong to come in .. that aint bad .. aint bad at all

Djourou is doing ok in the wing back position it's a chance for him to get playing time and regain his confidence while not having the responsibility of being the sweeper .. plus the youth Jenkinson is back..

In my opinion Gibbs is better .. he's fitter, faster and he has a nice delivery but in terms of playing and understanding the game Santos is a brazilian ... so I like the competition created for that position

I know Ive been singing everyones praises and not Per personally I feel Verminator and Kos better than him but I cant deny that his presence has changed this defence around .. he's calm he's there when others slip up and although he gets beat he's never really fully beaten because he is so long ... I'd like to see him up against man City because they have the smaller quicker explosive types his positioning and anticipation will be tested .... but he was a good buy and he's a good presence for the team .. obviously an easy going guy.

Ox .... Arsene said something about him that his concentration is a bit off and he doesnt work back defensively and I see where he is coming from exposure in the champions league will help him mature a bit.

Park has scored and looks a good prospect confidence is a helluva a thing it would be nice if he can be come the reliable goalpoacher we need to back up RVP.

Sagna still to come back, as well as Wilshire and Gibbs and the tall man in the middle.

Gervinho looks a good replacement for Nasri truth be told Nasri doesnt really look happy at Man City guess maybe because he isnt the man there... that be Da silva .. but oh well

RVP .... simply wow theres so many good things about this guy he plays a post up game but drops deep so its dificult to mark him ...... he's fit for the first time in years fully fit and scoring but above all .... he is leading this team and embracing the captaincy ... he likes it he thrives on it .. last year Cesc was captain but he didnt embrace it his mind was elsewhere as we all know and the added pressure affected his game he looked unhappy ... I'm impressed with him big time.
At the end of the match RVP went over to applaud the spectators and gave a fan his jersey and the guy went crazy lol excellent stuff ... this team is coming together and they havent peaked theyre building up to it which is how it should be done .. I believe Man United has already peaked and Man City hasnt been tested by a team that doesnt fear them .. enter Arsenal!

Last but not least  "In Arsene we believe"  people wanted to fire him  ... he brought in Ryo, Ox, Arteta, Per , Santos, Gervinho, Joel (costa rican), Park, jenkinson ... people criticize him they dis him .. his team lost 8-2 with his weakest team because of injuries and suspensions (and we didnt have our deadine transfer or starters) they say he dead .. and he never stop believing he keep giving his players chances and having faith him in them AND now he leading this team .. to the promise land only managers of his calibre like fergie and mourinho could have done that with this team after suffering the loss of Cesc and nasri.
He balances out the injuries to gibbs via Santos, elevates the level of Kos via Per, keeps Theo guessing yet never losing faith with him with Ox on his tail, and utilizes Arshavin as a super sub and playing him in the hole in the carling cup he's realised how to get the best out of him  ....... We're leading our champions league group after having to qualify via a playoff against third place udinese who we beat in both legs and we're moving ... ladies and gents welcome to Coaching 101!
In Arsene we believe!

Nice win, but United has not peeked and Spurs are the the best team in London.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:31:14 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: October 30, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »
Congrats, allyuh.....allyuh beat we on we own damned grounds and beat we bad, too.......but allyuh is still a shyte side and arsene9 still need to go!  ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: October 30, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »
Congrats, allyuh.....allyuh beat we on we own damned grounds and beat we bad, too.......but allyuh is still a shyte side and arsene9 still need to go!  ;D

Haha. Daz alright Chow. We go stick wit we shyte side and bad coach.
 :beermug:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: October 31, 2011, 11:02:08 AM »

here here .. I second dat  ;D

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: October 31, 2011, 11:03:44 AM »
well played.. deserved for sure

yuh only saying that cus its chelski wa mash up lol :rotfl: :beermug:
seriously thanks
it was an awesome game, chelski have no excuses they played well and lost on the day to a better team that wanted it more than they did.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: October 31, 2011, 11:04:20 AM »

here here .. I second dat  ;D
was the cosign of a cosign?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: October 31, 2011, 11:07:47 AM »

In Arsene we believe!

Nice win, but United has not peeked and Spurs are the the best team in London.

you better hope that united do peak i seriously feel is manu arsenal chelski spurs n pool fighting it out for 2nd 3rd n 4th this year i not seeing city dip they keep building and keep scoring, scary stuff. they doing like chelski, buy buy yuh first 2 years win a lil cup to taste victory, buy some more, have a big hungry squad then set them loose like a firework in a bathroom

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4875 on: October 31, 2011, 11:12:58 AM »
if arsenal is a one man team then tell me this.

Kos was boss per growth slipped a lil
santos was a new man second half
song consitent
ramsey played he socks off
gervinho tracking back worked his socks off too
theo like the man take the pill in that movie limitless
cheezey was himself big loud cocky and made some fine free kick saves
rosicky came on and wante dpiece of the action
i havent seen this team play this hungry since the invincibles

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: November 01, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
In 2 minds about dis game today. Stick with the same squad from Saturday? Or bench RVP and some others? If they start with the best squad they could tie up qualification and rest them later, or if they bench them, they might have to bring them in to bring it home, but have the bigger players rested for the more important climb up the league table. What allyuh think?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: November 02, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »
Thought the draw against marseille was a fair result and beneficial. Reminds the guys not to get too carried away plus it was a clean sheet aka Verminator , gave RVP a rest and Kos, Park a debut.
Confirmed that Santos is an unfit defensive liability ... Walcott seems to be getting out of the funk he has been in.
And I would still start Rosicky in front of Ramsey he's simply more creative and sharper and better!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: November 02, 2011, 11:34:52 AM »
Thought the draw against marseille was a fair result and beneficial. Reminds the guys not to get too carried away plus it was a clean sheet aka Verminator , gave RVP a rest and Kos, Park a debut.
Confirmed that Santos is an unfit defensive liability ... Walcott seems to be getting out of the funk he has been in.
And I would still start Rosicky in front of Ramsey he's simply more creative and sharper and better!!

Maybe men was just bun from the Chelsea game. That's the impression I getting. Didn't actually see the game though. Watching it on Player tonight.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: November 02, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »
Think people taking away from the quality of the opposition .. Marseille isnt bad and theyre tough to break down defensively. In 4 champions league games they've conceded 1 goal ! .....  to Arsenal!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: November 02, 2011, 09:50:21 PM »
Think people taking away from the quality of the opposition .. Marseille isnt bad and theyre tough to break down defensively. In 4 champions league games they've conceded 1 goal ! .....  to Arsenal!

You right. I didn't realise that. I don't think anyone's too upset about the result though. The team targeted 4 points from OM and they got them.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: November 06, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »
Whatever happened to Gary Cahill's best friend who was waiting for us to get licks in Stamford Bridge because I dared to compare Mertesacker favorably with Cahill?

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4882 on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:31 AM »

I am not sure how I feel about the Ramsey-Rosicky thing. I think Rosicky has so much more technical ability. But Ramsey has so much more end product.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: November 09, 2011, 11:22:23 AM »
I HATE INTERNATIONAL WEEK!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: November 10, 2011, 09:42:49 AM »
I HATE INTERNATIONAL WEEK!
Lol! You aren't the only one.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: November 10, 2011, 10:04:35 AM »
Haha expect around three injuries to your squad one always being van persie

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: November 17, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: November 19, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »
This is by far the most entertaining team in the EPL.
Never a dull moment.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: November 19, 2011, 08:04:20 AM »
What a year for Van Persie... brace so far in the 60'

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: November 19, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
V Persie has 10 goals in the last 5.  Absolute beast.

1]; } ?>