April 20, 2024, 04:34:35 AM

Author Topic: T&T's white Warrior.  (Read 22855 times)

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
Re: T&T's white Warrior.
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2006, 02:27:19 PM »
Just FYI, I've written two pieces one the Birchall/race issue over on the T&T blog. You can check them out here and here. If you disagree with anything I've said, by all means comment ;)

-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 04:37:35 PM »
Just FYI, I've written two pieces one the Birchall/race issue over on the T&T blog. You can check them out here and here. If you disagree with anything I've said, by all means comment ;)

i read them stacey, very well-written and straightforward
good job  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2006, 06:15:27 PM »
Stacy- Marie,
 man ever tell yuh that yuh have a lovely brain? I like teh articles you  posted on the  'blog'
Looking forward to  your postings.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2006, 06:23:29 PM »
Stacy- Marie,
 man ever tell yuh that yuh have a lovely brain? I like teh articles you  posted on the  'blog'
Looking forward to  your postings.

:heehee:  Best compliment I've gotten in a while. Thank you darlin.

Offline vs38

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006, 06:07:21 AM »
People talking about the headline is racist because they mention he is a white warrior...I personally don't think so, I was shocked to see a white man on the Field for T-N-T never thought it would happen as I have a partner who played for T-N-T and before a game in the oval some black teammates cornered him in the lockeroom and was addressed WHITE BOY  what de F%$k yuh think you doing taking a slot on the team. I love T-N-T and found it IRONIC that it was a white man to save Trinidad in the Bahrin game at home...I hope that because of Birchall more of the local white boys will get a FAIR  chance to represent T-N-T

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006, 06:32:15 AM »
People talking about the headline is racist because they mention he is a white warrior...I personally don't think so, I was shocked to see a white man on the Field for T-N-T never thought it would happen as I have a partner who played for T-N-T and before a game in the oval some black teammates cornered him in the lockeroom and was addressed WHITE BOY  what de F%$k yuh think you doing taking a slot on the team. I love T-N-T and found it IRONIC that it was a white man to save Trinidad in the Bahrin game at home...I hope that because of Birchall more of the local white boys will get a FAIR  chance to represent T-N-T

I think you misunderstood

I dont think anybody is claiming they are racist, but the articles seem to have an undertone indicating that if it wasnt for this great white english player, T&T chances would have been nil or slim to none

Birchall is a cog in the machine of 11, you are correct in that, if it wasnt for that bahrain bullet we might not be here
On the other hand, other men score with games leading up to bahrain, so it is a team effort

Sorry to hear bout yuh pardner,, I sure he woulda gel wit de team eventually....maybe yuh could start correcting some ah dat info worldwide about 'the first white player in 60 years to play for T&T"

Reveal yuh pardner and let stacy put it on her blog...if say yuh breds play in de last 10 years or so

Hol it dong  :beermug:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline vs38

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2006, 07:24:35 AM »
Graham Rodriguez...played for Fatima ...
I responded to a few of the comments about FIFA taking a stance against racism and then people complaining about the headline white warrior... When I read the article I didn't take it as if there was a great white player that saved T-N-T...I guess its like a court case you have many eye witnesses and they all see things differently....I think the bottom line is the world is used to seeing predominantly black players on Caribbean teams and to see a white man is novel and thus most story lines go that route...I am sure if there was a black ICE HOCKEY player Scoring goals like rain he would be making all the headlines at the Olympics ... Media keys on stories outside the norm...and a white player on the pitch for T-N-T is clearly outside the norm..

I think you misunderstood

I don't think anybody is claiming they are racist, but the articles seem to have an undertone indicating that if it wasn't for this great white English player, T&T chances would have been nil or slim to none

Birchall is a cog in the machine of 11, you are correct in that, if it wasn't for that bahrain bullet we might not be here
On the other hand, other men score with games leading up to bahrain, so it is a team effort

Sorry to hear bout yuh pardner,, I sure he woulda gel wit de team eventually....maybe yuh could start correcting some ah dat info worldwide about 'the first white player in 60 years to play for T&T"

Reveal yuh pardner and let stacy put it on her blog...if say yuh breds play in de last 10 years or so

Hol it dong  :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 07:36:50 AM by vs38 »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2006, 08:17:53 AM »
Graham Rodriguez...played for Fatima ...
I responded to a few of the comments about FIFA taking a stance against racism and then people complaining about the headline white warrior... When I read the article I didn't take it as if there was a great white player that saved T-N-T...I guess its like a court case you have many eye witnesses and they all see things differently....I think the bottom line is the world is used to seeing predominantly black players on Caribbean teams and to see a white man is novel and thus most story lines go that route...I am sure if there was a black ICE HOCKEY player Scoring goals like rain he would be making all the headlines at the Olympics ... Media keys on stories outside the norm...and a white player on the pitch for T-N-T is clearly outside the norm..

T

Truth be told, the hockey situation did happen. Jarome Iginla was rippin up de net for Canada a few years ago
They didnt really focus on the black thing as I guess they already did that when he first started playing for Calgary

Either way I see your point about the eyewitness thing....'cote se cote la'..wuh we go do?

Sen yuh pardner info to de blog lady...kill de misinformation   :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 08:24:16 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2006, 08:31:09 AM »
Quick reply as must dash to class:

"blog lady" will be happy to investigate.

1]; } ?>