April 26, 2024, 10:49:02 PM

Author Topic: Warner still paying for Warriors.  (Read 11213 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Warner still paying for Warriors.
« on: April 20, 2006, 09:38:08 PM »
Warner still paying for Warriors.
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation special adviser Jack Warner is still paying for his belief in the senior national football team.
According to Warner, he has taken out another mortgage on an undisclosed property to cover payment to FIFA on outstanding bills for the T&T "Soca Warriors" in the lead-up to the 2006 World Cup.
Warner again lamented the lack of support from the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs and, by extension, the Government, apart from contributions of $1.6 million, as well as $6 million for the charter flight to Bahrain for last November's return World Cup Finals qualifying playoff leg.
"No country ever qualified for the World Cup on that kind of budget," Warner said yesterday when he was one of the feature speakers at a bmobile-sponsored symposium for senior regional sports journalists and editors at the Cascadia Hotel in St Ann's.
"Just yesterday (Wednesday), I took out another mortgage on my property to pay some bills for the team and to pay the officials by April 30."
The FIFA vice-president and CONCACAF president added that he was still covering the Soca Warriors' costs, stating he had recently paid 104,000 euros as initial payment to FIFA for the team's hotel fee and had been asked yesterday to make a second payment to the tune of 156,000 euros, which he also met.
Warner also criticised those who complained about prices for the upcoming international friendly against Peru on May 10 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, T&T's last home encounter before the World Cup Finals, which kicks off on June 9.
"When we hear about ticket prices...it is very easy to talk about ticket prices, but at the end of the day, somebody has to pay," he declared.
Warner also continued to express his firm confidence T&T would fare well their first time out at the World Cup Finals, even against their tough Group B opposition.
"...Expect them (bigger teams) to make the occasional mistake, to help us to beat them. And that is why we will beat England, that is why we will beat Sweden, that is why we will beat Paraguay, that is why we will make it to the next round."
He added there will be people who will be doubtful of T&T's ability, but he maintained faith in the team's performance at the tournament.
Other speakers on the opening day of the three-day event included sports analyst and commentator Simon Crosskill of Jamaica; former T&T cricketer and footballer and FIFA technical adviser Alvin Corneal; and veteran journalist and editor, Lennox Grant.
Crosskill gave the audience an overview of what T&T are to expect when they make their maiden appearance at the World Cup Finals in less than two months time, based on the Jamaican experience with the "Reggae Boyz" eight years ago at France '98.
Crosskill said the event had a great economic and social impact on Jamaica and the day they qualified was a "fantastic day to be a Jamaican", resulting in "one heaping mass of nationalism".
So much so, he related, that the three days after Jamaica had qualified, there was not a single murder, despite their current "embarrassing murder statistics".
He pointed out that it bore financial fruit as there was a huge part of the private sector contributing to sports associations and "everybody wanted to be seen as a major contributor to nation-building through sport".
But Crosskill bemoaned the fact there was no unified approach to building sport in the region.
Warner meets urgent hotel payments.
By: Nigel Simon.

Government funds still to come.
Austin Jack Warner, vice-president of Fifa said yesterday that he has mortgaged a property to pay for the team’s hotel accommodation during the World Cup in Germany from June 9 to July 9. The T&T Football Federation special advisor made the disclosure in his speech to regional journalists at the second bmobile “Thinking Sport” - a window to the International World - which began at the Cascadia Hotel, St Ann’s, yesterday.

Warner said:

“Apart from the $1.6 million dollars we received from government, we have not received any more money.”
While government has approved the Soca Warriors budget of TT$44,967,457.00, it was confirmed by a T&TFF press officer that the federation is yet to receive the funds.
Warner chided the government on this, and noted that the World Cup was only 50 days away and T&T was still awaiting money.
This has led to Warner mortgaging a property to meet demand from the hotel for the remainder of accommodation fees.
“This is the second time I have had to mortgage one of my properties, the only difference from the first instance in 1989 was that I did not tell my wife prior to doing so.
“Only last week I had to pay $104,000 euros as part of our hotel fees in Germany.
“At that point in time, I thought I would have been able to have some time before they needed the remainder of the money. However, I received a phone call earlier this week and was told that the balance of $156,000 euros was needed, which I had to pay.
The Concacaf boss also noted that he has also paid up front the salaries for the T&T players for the friendly international against Peru at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, on May 10.
Reflecting on the team’s journey to get to the World Cup, Warner explained that his faith in believing that the team would get to the Finals in Germany was key to him investing his hard-earned money.
“I consistently kept the faith. At the same point in time when our people and supporters lost theirs.
“When we only had one point after three matches and hired a new coach, there were a lot of questions being asked around, but today I can say I will go to my grave paying homage and tribute to national coach, Leo Beenhakker.”
Warner stated that his belief in the team was also shared by Beenhakker, who also kept the faith in the players, in particular, striker Stern John, who was being singled out by the T&T public.
“There were times when the local supporters were calling for him (Stern) to be dropped by the coach, but he (Beenhakker) kept the faith in him and the striker returned the faith shown by scoring the goals when they were needed.”
Warner also pointed to the fact that it was through the qualification of the Soca Warriors for the World Cup in Germany that this country was able to witness a level of brotherly love never experienced before.
“On November 17, when the guys returned from Bahrain, it was great to see everyone put aside their dislikes and grievances and join in the celebration in a way never seen before.
“There was a national outpouring of love and national identity shown by everyone.” But Warner wondered how come only six months after that experience it has all vanished.
“We have allowed that spirit to wither away. From November 16 up until today, the only way we have failed our country is through politics,” he said.
Looking ahead to T&T’s Group B matches in the World Cup against Sweden, England and Paraguay, Warner said his strong belief and faith in the team will see us through.
“Faith got us to Germany and faith will get us past the first round, he added.
Warner was also full of praise for local company TSTT who, he said, showed faith in the team by coming on board as a team sponsor long before the team had qualified for the World Cup.
“When you know a friend is when you are down and out and TSTT proved to us that they were truly friends and supporters of the team in pumping $3.5 million into the campaign in February of 2005.
“Since then, they have renewed their commitment to the team and will be official sponsors of the Soca Warriors until 2008.”
Among the other speakers yesterday were Simon Crosskill, senior regional sports analyst, who gave an insight into what the impact of the Reggae Boyz qualification for the 1998 World Cup in France had on Jamaica, Alvin Corneal, Fifa technical director, and Lennox Grant, a former editor in chief at the Trinidad Guardian.
Today, Deryck Murray, president of the T&T Cricket Board, journalist Vaneisa Baksh, Brian Lewis, secretary of the T&T Olympic Committee and Ato Boldon, a former World 100 metres champion and four-time Olympic medallist will address the seminar.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:53:07 PM by Flex »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Warner still paying for Warriors
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 09:59:39 PM »
Well... I think most of us saw this coming...

its the least he can do... Its not like he saves us money with his theatrics...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 10:09:36 PM »
is alright to lash him when he do crap eh...but jack also deserve he jacket for paying beenie salary and doing dese kinda tings.   The TTFF should be having all this under control though...what a bunch of incompetents!!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:50:53 AM »
Warner still paying for Warriors
by Kern De Freitas (express)

Friday, April 21st 2006
 as well as $6 million for the charter flight to Bahrain for last November's return World Cup Finals qualifying playoff leg.

call me ah kakahole eh but i doh believe this. just fuh ah flight nah :-\
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 02:51:25 AM »

Warner again lamented the lack of support from the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs and, by extension, the Government, apart from contributions of $1.6 million, as well as $6 million for the charter flight to Bahrain for last November's return World Cup Finals qualifying playoff leg.

The FIFA vice-president and CONCACAF president added that he was still covering the Soca Warriors' costs, stating he had recently paid 104,000 euros as initial payment to FIFA for the team's hotel fee and had been asked yesterday to make a second payment to the tune of 156,000 euros, which he also met.

>:( ??? Can anyone tell me, then, what the $45 million scene is all about? So none of it covering hotel costs? Seriously? This is so incredibly frustrating, so embarassing for Trinidad. I am afraid that in 2010 this nonsense will still be going on.
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 03:04:27 AM »

Friday, April 21st 2006

TRINIDAD and Tobago Football Federation special adviser Jack Warner is still paying for his belief in the senior national football team.

According to Warner, he has taken out another mortgage on an undisclosed property to cover payment to FIFA on outstanding bills for the T&T "Soca Warriors" in the lead-up to the 2006 World Cup.

"No country ever qualified for the World Cup on that kind of budget," Warner said yesterday when he was one of the feature speakers at a bmobile-sponsored symposium for senior regional sports journalists and editors at the Cascadia Hotel in St Ann's.

"Just yesterday (Wednesday), I took out another mortgage on my property to pay some bills for the team and to pay the officials by April 30."

How much exactly does the hotel accomodation etc cost, because FIFA had allocated money to subsidise these costs. albeit not that substantial considering the choice of hotels. In any case Warner KNOWS he will recoup that money. EUR260,000 = approx CHF410,000

$6 million CHF for World Cup Group phase

By: Shaun Fuentes.

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=8804.0

Beenhakker selects 5-star superior hotel for German base. Trinidad and Tobago will be the collectors of $2 million Swiss Francs for each of its opening round matches in next year’s World Cup Finals in Germany.
This was revealed by FIFA following Tuesday’s World Cup Organizing Committee in Leipzig at which FIFA Vice President and Deputy Chairman of the Finance Committee Jack Warner was present.
Warner has been in Leipzig, Germany since this past weekend as the FIFA prepares for Friday’s Grand Draw for next year’s finals and he has been among the most followed officials as the story of T&T’s qualification has been one of the highlights thus far.
It was also announced that aside from the guaranteed $6 million CHF for the opening three matches, if T&T advances to the second round of sixteen teams, it will collect a further $2.5 million CHF per match and for each successive match the fee will rise by $.5 million CHF wiith the ultimate winner of the 2006 World Cup taking away a whooping total of some $24 million CHF.

FIFA will also pay business class air tickets for the teams and their technical staff to get to the finals and will pay up to TT $2,000 (US$305) per day for hotel costs. Each qualifier also will be given another TT$4.7 million (US$750,000) to cover the cost of preparations.........

« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 03:32:20 AM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 03:20:04 AM »
All over the place - this one from the Barbados Nation

What them other islands must be thinking  :-[

Warner: Do more for Soca Warriors
Published on: 4/21/06.

by HAYDN GILL in Trinidad

THE MOST POWERFUL man in football in this part of the world is chiding the Trinidad and Tobago Government for its lack of financial support in the Soca Warriors' campaign for the 2006 World Cup.

And Jack Warner, a FIFA vice-president and technical adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, is 'bringing the house down' to ensure that the warriors get what they need before heading to Germany.

Speaking yesterday during a symposium for senior Caribbean sports journalists at the Cascadia Hotel in Port-of-Spain, Warner disclosed he had taken out another mortgage of his property to help meet expenses.

Warner, a deputy political leader of the Opposition United National Congress, charged that government's only contribution to Trinidad and Tobago's effort was TT$1.6 million (about BDS$530 000) for a qualifying match two years ago, and TT$6 million (BDS$2 million) for a chartered flight to Bahrain last November.

"No country in the world ever qualified for a World Cup on that kind of budget," Warner said.

"Just yesterday I took out another mortgage of my property to pay some bills for the team and to pay the officials by April 30."

Warner revealed that after a first payment of 104 000 euros for the team's hotel last week, another payment of 136 000 euros was requested two days ago. Additionally, another TT$1.5 million (BDS$500 000) is to be paid to officials by next week.

"I took out a mortgage to pay these bills because all the money I have received for the team is about two years ago – $1.6 million for a qualifying match and in November, $6 million for a charter flight," he said.

"To this day, not a single cent from government and there are 50 days before the first match. I say no more."

Speaking on the topic, Faith Can Move The Mountains! Did It Move The Warriors, Warner emphasised that it was vitally important that the team go to Germany with all the necessary resources.

haydngill@nationnews.com

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 03:25:22 AM »
Wait nah, a next thing. The adidas sponsorship - where that $ went? The e-bay partnership? B-mobile? Seriously, the Warriors have no money and Jack has to open his wallet? I am having a very hard time accepting that.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 03:27:51 AM by stacy-marie »

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 03:57:38 AM »

Friday, April 21st 2006

TRINIDAD and Tobago Football Federation special adviser Jack Warner is still paying for his belief in the senior national football team.

Warner also criticised those who complained about prices for the upcoming international friendly against Peru on May 10 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, T&T's last home encounter before the World Cup Finals, which kicks off on June 9.

"When we hear about ticket prices...it is very easy to talk about ticket prices, but at the end of the day, somebody has to pay," he declared.

Warner also continued to express his firm confidence T&T would fare well their first time out at the World Cup Finals, even against their tough Group B opposition.

"...Expect them (bigger teams) to make the occasional mistake, to help us to beat them. And that is why we will beat England, that is why we will beat Sweden, that is why we will beat Paraguay, that is why we will make it to the next round."

He added there will be people who will be doubtful of T&T's ability, but he maintained faith in the team's performance at the tournament.

Other speakers on the opening day of the three-day event included sports analyst and commentator Simon Crosskill of Jamaica; former T&T cricketer and footballer and FIFA technical adviser Alvin Corneal; and veteran journalist and editor, Lennox Grant.

Crosskill gave the audience an overview of what T&T are to expect when they make their maiden appearance at the World Cup Finals in less than two months time, based on the Jamaican experience with the "Reggae Boyz" eight years ago at France '98.

Crosskill said the event had a great economic and social impact on Jamaica and the day they qualified was a "fantastic day to be a Jamaican", resulting in "one heaping mass of nationalism".

So much so, he related, that the three days after Jamaica had qualified, there was not a single murder, despite their current "embarrassing murder statistics".

He pointed out that it bore financial fruit as there was a huge part of the private sector contributing to sports associations and "everybody wanted to be seen as a major contributor to nation-building through sport".

But Crosskill bemoaned the fact there was no unified approach to building sport in the region.

wha d hell he mean by that??

he pay for we to reach awa?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 04:08:06 AM »
Warner meets urgent hotel payments.
By: Nigel Simon.

Government funds still to come.
Austin Jack Warner, vice-president of Fifa said yesterday that he has mortgaged a property to pay for the team’s hotel accommodation during the World Cup in Germany from June 9 to July 9. The T&T Football Federation special advisor made the disclosure in his speech to regional journalists at the second bmobile “Thinking Sport” - a window to the International World - which began at the Cascadia Hotel, St Ann’s, yesterday.

Warner said:

“Apart from the $1.6 million dollars we received from government, we have not received any more money.”
While government has approved the Soca Warriors budget of TT$44,967,457.00, it was confirmed by a T&TFF press officer that the federation is yet to receive the funds.
Warner chided the government on this, and noted that the World Cup was only 50 days away and T&T was still awaiting money.
This has led to Warner mortgaging a property to meet demand from the hotel for the remainder of accommodation fees.
“This is the second time I have had to mortgage one of my properties, the only difference from the first instance in 1989 was that I did not tell my wife prior to doing so.
“Only last week I had to pay $104,000 euros as part of our hotel fees in Germany.
“At that point in time, I thought I would have been able to have some time before they needed the remainder of the money. However, I received a phone call earlier this week and was told that the balance of $156,000 euros was needed, which I had to pay.
The Concacaf boss also noted that he has also paid up front the salaries for the T&T players for the friendly international against Peru at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, on May 10.
Reflecting on the team’s journey to get to the World Cup, Warner explained that his faith in believing that the team would get to the Finals in Germany was key to him investing his hard-earned money.
“I consistently kept the faith. At the same point in time when our people and supporters lost theirs.
“When we only had one point after three matches and hired a new coach, there were a lot of questions being asked around, but today I can say I will go to my grave paying homage and tribute to national coach, Leo Beenhakker.”
Warner stated that his belief in the team was also shared by Beenhakker, who also kept the faith in the players, in particular, striker Stern John, who was being singled out by the T&T public.
“There were times when the local supporters were calling for him (Stern) to be dropped by the coach, but he (Beenhakker) kept the faith in him and the striker returned the faith shown by scoring the goals when they were needed.”
Warner also pointed to the fact that it was through the qualification of the Soca Warriors for the World Cup in Germany that this country was able to witness a level of brotherly love never experienced before.
“On November 17, when the guys returned from Bahrain, it was great to see everyone put aside their dislikes and grievances and join in the celebration in a way never seen before.
“There was a national outpouring of love and national identity shown by everyone.” But Warner wondered how come only six months after that experience it has all vanished.
“We have allowed that spirit to wither away. From November 16 up until today, the only way we have failed our country is through politics,” he said.
Looking ahead to T&T’s Group B matches in the World Cup against Sweden, England and Paraguay, Warner said his strong belief and faith in the team will see us through.
“Faith got us to Germany and faith will get us past the first round, he added.
Warner was also full of praise for local company TSTT who, he said, showed faith in the team by coming on board as a team sponsor long before the team had qualified for the World Cup.
“When you know a friend is when you are down and out and TSTT proved to us that they were truly friends and supporters of the team in pumping $3.5 million into the campaign in February of 2005.
“Since then, they have renewed their commitment to the team and will be official sponsors of the Soca Warriors until 2008.”
Among the other speakers yesterday were Simon Crosskill, senior regional sports analyst, who gave an insight into what the impact of the Reggae Boyz qualification for the 1998 World Cup in France had on Jamaica, Alvin Corneal, Fifa technical director, and Lennox Grant, a former editor in chief at the Trinidad Guardian.
Today, Deryck Murray, president of the T&T Cricket Board, journalist Vaneisa Baksh, Brian Lewis, secretary of the T&T Olympic Committee and Ato Boldon, a former World 100 metres champion and four-time Olympic medallist will address the seminar.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 07:00:14 AM »

wha d hell he mean by that??

he pay for we to reach awa?

Well if he did tell me dat............i could probably start to understand where all de money gone. Buh i eh have time to check facts and figures now......buh i go do it....someting eh right.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 07:42:39 AM »
as smi & Fli questioned....ebay, addidas, Bmobile, Fifa, Government, Carib, KFC, blue waters, plus a couple more....is everybody stickin at the same time ? or all dem really pay TTFF buh TTFF so in debt, they dun pay all that out, and have no more so have to borrow from the same lender they just pay out....poor Mr. Warner....paying, paying all the time...never getting...lucky for he he have a money well at the back of he house that does bubble up money just so, so he could carry everybody on he back like the Jack,,, we all know...

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 08:08:28 AM »
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR dis is why is 300$ for ah ticket! so the TTFF and de players could repay Austin's (from now on ah refering tuh de man by he fuss name) mortgage...and by the way when did he take out the fuss mortgage?  :thinking:

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 08:11:02 AM »
allyuh catch meh
i thought is Tony allyuh talkin bout :-\

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 08:29:12 AM »
Typical Trinidadians.. de f**kin man tekin he Money(Yes he money) and paying for de country National team yet still assholes dissin de man..  dem biggin up big criminals and dissin man like Warner.. I does jes have to shake mi head and wonda sumtimes eh.. I wonda if Warner was a PNM man if tings will have been different.. Only In Trinidad eh dread.. Only in Trinidad..

Thank you warner .. as Iwer sey...." we reach"
Warmonga..

Black Lives Matter..

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Is this true
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 08:29:48 AM »
I know it have real Jack Haters on board but i continue to believe that the gentleman do more good than bad. I just came across this article while reading the daily express.

Kingman

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=152634740
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:32:30 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 08:33:51 AM »
Typical Trinidadians.. de f**kin man tekin he Money(Yes he money) and paying for de country National team yet still assholes dissin de man.. 

well said War...well said..  :thinking:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:36:54 AM by Tongue »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is this true
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 08:35:28 AM »
no one knows and even if it is true, so what ? the money he is using is your money. Its not like his wealth was built on buying microsoft shares back in 1980 !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: Is this true
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 08:35:45 AM »
kingman check the board first nah man

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 09:10:16 AM »

Listen.

This is all  Boynes vs. Warner politricks

They both trying to make each other look bad so expect all this smokescreen nonsense to continue.

I'm sure they both have fun doing it....maybe some people like to follow the drama too.
In any case it gives both of them the chance the be in the newspapers.

Over to you Min. Boynes....what great bombshell you going and dazzle us with.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 09:16:41 AM »
Can we have some transparency please.- I wish they (an independent auditor) would publish the financial statements of the TTFF - include inflows outflows etc..that is what we need..!

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 09:48:56 AM »
Bulltutu
De man pockets get fat off we money an now he cyar shell out ah couple mill  of which he robbed us!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 10:04:12 AM »
Typical Trinidadians.. de f**kin man tekin he Money(Yes he money) and paying for de country National team yet still assholes dissin de man..  dem biggin up big criminals and dissin man like Warner.. I does jes have to shake mi head and wonda sumtimes eh.. I wonda if Warner was a PNM man if tings will have been different.. Only In Trinidad eh dread.. Only in Trinidad..

Thank you warner .. as Iwer sey...." we reach"
Warmonga..

I disagree,,NO businessman on this planet does constantly throw money into a hole without a return on his investment

If is one ting warner have is business acumen,,he could cry crocodile tears all he want bout how much money he give (not doubting he gave) but bet yuh backside he gettin or TEKKIN it back from somewhere

All ah we love T&T football just like Jack...but nobody here willin to bankrupt deyself for T&T football...just like Jack
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 12:20:24 PM »
Untill Jack(ausitn) or somebody can tell me where he get all this money and property from...what business he had before 1989...and what came since...then I ent want to hear nothing come out ah Jack mouth !!!!

THE MONEY HAVE TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 12:26:38 PM »
Something about that whole story not sounding to correct
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »
The point is Warmonga, because he doing a good, does not make how he is doing it correct....Robin Hood used to rob from the Rich and give the Poor, and eventually all the poor join him and became bandits.....but where and when does the banditry(is dat a word) stop...Now Jack may not be no Robin Hood, buh if we doh know the whole story, ppl cyar be or shouldn't be so quick to praise.....or dis....
We want to praise, so leh Jack give we the whole story nah....I know a community volunteer worker here who was also one of the biggest drug pushers in the city....so should everybody emulate him.....or be wary of him...or bothi

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Warner still paying for Warriors.
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2006, 10:23:13 AM »
Letter to editor (express)

Questions for Jack Warner

Saturday, April 22nd 2006

When you see Jack Warner on TV saying he had to mortgage his property to pay the dues to FIFA for the Soca Warriors you have to ask yourself three questions:

- Where did he get the money in the first place to buy the property?

- What happened to the gate receipts from the USA vs T&T game that was over subscribed?

- How come the man who was convicted of a breach of the FIFA Code of Ethics was allowed to sit on the committee when his case was being adjudicated? Surely this was a conflict of interest.

Talk to me, Mr Warner.

David L Martin

Maraval

1]; } ?>