March 29, 2024, 02:54:23 AM

Author Topic: First Soca Warriors retail outlet opened.  (Read 6879 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
First Soca Warriors retail outlet opened.
« on: April 22, 2006, 07:48:33 AM »
First Soca Warriors retail outlet opened.
By Shaun Fuentes.

The first official Soca Warriors Retail outlet was opened on Friday as officials of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and TT/Germany 2006 Limited along with those of Graphix Advantage proudly looked on at several attractive paraphernalia displaying the “Soca Warriors” name and logo.
The outlet comes just in time as the nation prepares for World Cup fever less than 50 days before T&T’s opening 2006 World Cup fixture against Sweden in Nuremberg.
The store which has been opened by top regional signage company Graphix Advantage and sanctioned by the TTFF is located a mere two minutes off the Chaguanas Price Plaza fly over with the exact location being Talia's Courtyard, #3 Mulchan Seuchan Road. It will be opened for business from this coming Monday from 10am.
“Whilst we cannot ignore the negative aspects of life in Trinidad and Tobago today, we can & must celebrate the amazing feat our Soca Warriors have accomplished. When those guys land here to face Peru… come out show your Warrior Spirit Trinidad and Tobago… wear your heart on your sleeve…wave your flags… show off your big badges … show our boys how proud of them we are… support your Soca Warriors,” Graphix representative Karen Baksh stated during the opening launch.
She explained that the idea to open the outlet came from Graphix managing director Imam Baksh as his company was one of the first companies to get involved with the TTFF in the area of producing Soca Warriors promotional items.
“Graphix Advantage’s first foray into Soca Warriors promotional items was with the Warriors Big Badge. Upon observing vehicles sporting the national flag and various pieces of red cloth (esp. during the qualifying matches) Mr. Baksh came up the concept of the Warriors Big Badge. The idea behind the Big Badge was to ensure a consistent and visually appealing type of vehicle branding. The impact of vehicle branding cannot be denied – the Big Badge would be an eye-catching LEGAL way of showing your support for the Soca Warriors,” Baksh added.
“Having gotten the green light from the TTFF to produce the Big Badge and taking part in the official launches held in Nov & Dec 2005 we began our initial marketing plan. We approached various Corporate Clients, banks, financial institutions, NGOs, Governmental Agencies and other companies. The plan was to bring on board as many corporate citizens as possible and have their entire respective vehicular fleets bear the Warrior Big Badge.
“Whilst preliminary feedbacks were encouraging the follow-throughs were not. Some corporate citizens already had in place their own strategies and plans, while others adopted a “wait and see” attitude. Needless to say we were disappointed by the lack of response we received from the corporate citizens. This unfortunate state of indifference continues up to today,” Baksh went on. But Prestige Holdings stepped in and agreed to have the big badges on sale at all their KFC outlets.
Filled with exuberance, Baksh continued: “When Graphix Advantage first came up with the Warriors Big Badge we never envisioned the many various uses for the item, which the public has come up with. We have seen Big Badges on back windscreens, doors, cut to various sizes and installed. There is a house in Cunupia sporting a string of Big Badges along its roof. They really say we Trinbagonians are a creative people.

Code

“I would also like to make special mention of the Mayor of Chaguanas and the Chaguanas Borough Corporation. Our Borough Corporation’s fleet of vehicles all have a Warriors Big Badge installed. The Borough of Chaguanas is 100 percent behind our Soca Warriors.
“Graphix Advantage did not stop with the Big Badge though. After gaining an Exclusive License and Authorisation Agreement from the TTFF in December 2005 we then proceeded to source, produce and eventually retail approved branded Soca Warriors items. Whilst the going was slow Germany 2006 is now close at hand. Our offices have been inundated over the past three weeks with calls … “Where can I get such and such?.. Do you have such & such?”…
“Once more our intrepid leader Mr. Baksh sprang into action. Thus the Soca Warriors Retail Outlet was born. With the public clamouring for Soca Warriors items we needed to make them more accessible. And accessible they now are…
“It is indeed the sincerest wish of all of us at Graphix Advantage Limited, and our partners in this endeavour that the public will patronise this Retail Outlet. You will not only be supporting the Team visually but also financially. Ladies and Gentlemen we are the smallest island nation to ever qualify for a World Cup. Other countries wrap their buildings with huge banners celebrating their football teams. They brand their public transportation vehicles. They hang buntings and banners in their cities. They go all out to support their Teams. Why shouldn’t we?
“With our only local game against Peru carded for 10th May 2006 and 49 days to go to Germany let us once more show our Warriors our support. Put a Big Badge on your car, your maxi taxi, your truck, your wall, your fence. Wear your Soca Warriors T-shirts and Polos. Don your Soca Warriors’ cap. Put your keys on Soca Warriors key chains. Have a drink from a Soca Warriors cup."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 02:19:59 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: First Soca Warriors retail outlet opened
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 07:50:06 AM »
i will check dem out nex week saturday

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: First Soca Warriors retail outlet opened.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 04:21:37 PM »
Ah Warner own a big piece ah dat ent?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: First Soca Warriors retail outlet opened
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 04:33:04 PM »
i will check dem out nex week saturday

take some pics let we see what they have

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 12:21:06 PM »
Yes I am very interested in seeing their product line and prices.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 12:22:46 PM »
cheking it out on thursday

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 02:19:36 PM »
I check them out. They legit and have no Jack connections. That Baksh man from graphix is a real high principles man, so I doubt he in bobol. They have key chains, posters, big badge, cups, official world cup books, calendars, caps, tshirts, and some other things. I cyar remember all, sorry next time I will walk with the camera.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 03:54:03 PM »
Ask him if he has plans of setting up an ebay store?

Thanks

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 04:14:19 PM »
online shopping?
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline rodigan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 06:52:42 PM »
wen dey opening a hong kong branch?

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 07:36:37 PM »
Rodigan i sure all dem ting making some where out by u dey take a trip deep in de mainland...u jus hadda find de factory dey.. ;)

Offline rodigan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 07:45:55 PM »
fe real....  all de sweatshops we have over this way - i should be able to source for all de trinis round de world and save having to pay these ripoff prices...

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 10:49:09 PM »
check Shenzhen.... Im sure yuh go get some real discount prices there and have cheap dim sum too ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 10:53:29 PM by gtokyo »

Offline rodigan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 06:44:19 PM »
can get cheap dim sum here just fine - no point getting fakes though i guess - this is the one time we can all fork out for de real deal...

1]; } ?>