Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 183219 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner: Where the money gone?
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2009, 10:05:42 PM »
Trinidad Guardian

Jack Warner
Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner wonders where donations given to the United National Congress (UNC) have gone. Speaking in Gasparillo on Thursday night, Warner produced a cheque for $100,000 which was given to the UNC, but the funds cannot be accounted for. The Fifa vice-president threatened to produce more cheques.

“I have been away for some time on matters related to football and, in my absence, I have listened to aspersions levelled against me, questioning my integrity and accusing me of impropriety when it comes to the party’s finances,” he told the audience. “First of all, let me state, once again, that I will never reciprocate in kind, because the Platform for Change is not about gutter politics, where there is a fluid assignment of morality and where maligning and impugning one’s character becomes the order of the day.

“On the contrary, this platform raises issues which need to be addressed, issues that raise questions concerning the operations within the party, its checks and balances and mechanisms that allow 20 years to pass without a request—not even from its political leader for an audited financial statement of the party’s accounts. “I am not casting aspersions on anyone. I will not, from where I stand, accuse anyone of fraud, misappropriation of funds or even theft.

“But the question one must ask is how come our party which has received so much funding from you, its supporters, and other corporate citizens can continue with impunity to receive such support now and in the future, without a statement of accountability to you the people? “Let us take it further. Which corporate citizen will want to invest in our UNC as it is and provide financial support when there is no audited financial statement which is prepared to bring a sense of comfort and relief to show that the funding provided is used to position the party in power?

“No audit has been conducted, yet we are hearing statements from the leadership about outstanding funds not declared or accounted for by Jack Warner. I have never received any funds of any kind from the UNC. I want to repeat I have never received any funds of any kind from the UNC or on behalf of the UNC.”
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: Where the money gone?
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2009, 10:17:02 PM »
Check yuh other pocket.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2009, 10:29:55 PM »
Check yuh other pocket.
aaaaahhhh
hahahaha
 :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2009, 12:00:05 AM »
If he did pay d players dey money he would have known where it gone.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2009, 12:06:17 AM »

Jack Warner
Special Advisor Jack Warner ponders where donations given to the TTFF have gone. Speaking in Gasparillo on Thursday night, Warner produced a cheque for $100,000 which was promised to the Players Association by the TTFF, but the funds cannot be accounted for. The Fifa vice-president/special advisor threatened to produce more cheques.

“I have been away for some time on matters related to politics and, in my absence, I have listened to aspersions levelled against me, questioning my integrity and accusing me of impropriety when it comes to the TTFF's finances,” he told the audience. “First of all, let me state, once again, that I will never reciprocate in kind, because the TTFF is about gutter football, where there is a fluid assignment of coaches and where maligning and impugning players' character becomes the order of the day.

“On the contrary, I raise issues which need to be addressed, issues that raise questions concerning the operations within the TTFF, its checks and balances and mechanisms that allow 20 years to pass without a request—not even from its leader for an audited financial statement of the TTFF's accounts. “I am not casting aspersions on anyone. I will not, from where I stand, accuse anyone of fraud, misappropriation of funds or even theft.

“But the question one must ask is how come the TTFF which has received so much funding from you, its supporters, and other corporate citizens can continue with impunity to receive such support now and in the future, without a statement of accountability to you the people? “Let us take it further. Which corporate citizen will want to invest in our football as it is and provide financial support when there is no audited financial statement which is prepared to bring a sense of comfort and relief to show that the funding provided is used to position the parties and fetes in Chaguanas and Chaguaramas?

“No audit has been conducted, yet we are hearing statements from the leaders about outstanding funds not declared or accounted for by Jack Warner. I have never received any funds of any kind from the TTFF. I want to repeat I have never received any funds of any kind from the TTFF or on behalf of the TTFF.”

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2009, 01:25:44 AM »

Since I have been coming to the sitethsts been the question that keeps on popping up.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2009, 01:29:31 AM »
Ah have to give it to Jack Warner.  The man is de best.  When it come to corruption nobody cyah beat Jack.  

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2009, 09:31:07 AM »
allyuh lashin real hard on this thread.  funny too bad!!!  :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2009, 11:25:10 AM »

Since I have been coming to the sitethsts been the question that keeps on popping up.

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2009, 02:38:15 PM »
jack is de boss oui.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2009, 07:26:02 PM »
I really eh know if to  :rotfl: :rotfl: or  :'( :'(
Dis is what yuh call bold faced or is it more a pot and kettle kinda thing??.... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2009, 07:27:20 PM »
Dis is what yuh call bold faced or is it more a pot and kettle kinda thing??.... :-\

It had a kaiso some yrs ago a tief doh like 2 c a tief wit a bag.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2009, 07:56:12 PM »
Buss dey card Jack! JW for prime minister!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2009, 08:02:42 PM »

It had a kaiso some yrs ago a tief doh like 2 c a tief wit a bag.

It have ah line in Untold Stories by Buju Banton:
Tief never love fe see tief wid long bag
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »
Check yuh other pocket.
aaaaahhhh
hahahaha
same thing i  said. check the back pocket

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
Anybody could find de article peter o connor  write in today's newsday lauding jack warner? Saying how concacaf was in a mess..just like this country is..and from the time jack get elected as president of concacaf...how it become a model confederation?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »
Anybody could find de article peter o connor  write in today's newsday lauding jack warner? Saying how concacaf was in a mess..just like this country is..and from the time jack get elected as president of concacaf...how it become a model confederation?

It not online.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2009, 06:55:49 PM »

It not online.

I eh in no mood right now to type over dat anal cavity licking diatribe nah......
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2009, 07:24:17 PM »

It not online.

I eh in no mood right now to type over dat anal cavity licking diatribe nah......

Please consider it commmunity service.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2009, 07:27:10 PM »
allya really want to read what my boi peter have to say that bad :devil:
budgy cage liner :whistling:

ADDENDUM: I found it

The Jack factor
PETER O'CONNOR Sunday, June 21 2009

Our government has become the most ineffective, incompetent, and judging by public comment, now the most unpopular in our history. Every day we are faced with a new horror story of failure and incompetence. This government cannot even collect garbage, far less fix roads, supply water, provide security or get their legal briefs to court on time. Rural public buildings like magistrates’ courts, police stations, schools and libraries are abandoned as unfit for habitation. And while the government cannot fix anything, they plunge ahead with wasteful first world bling which has no place in an undeveloped country — which is what we are.

And while we suffer this incompetence from our government, we are also cursed with an opposition in parliament which, while it complains about government victimisation, is moving full speed ahead on internal self destruction.

And yet, while we face this drift into failure, we seem to find no will, no strength, no commitment to stand up and demand change, or to start the change process, and to do what we all know needs to be done for our country. We have reached a state where they— the government and the opposition— can do, or not do, what they want with our country and our lives. And we, like the pathetic sheep we are (all of us — business, labour, religions, NGOs), do less than nothing. We just keep accepting all this failure, incompetence, arrogance, and corruption.

The COP, our “alternate” government and opposition, keeps trying to focus on the issues of the day. But they can do nothing specific until the next general election. Their 148,000 votes in the 2007 election demonstrated more our disgust with the PNM and the UNC than true support for COP. However COP was brand new then, but have been building themselves into a responsible choice ever since, so maybe… next time?

But can we wait that long? Is there somebody currently on the scene who can bring about the changes so badly needed? And indeed, what are the changes we need?

More and more people are acknowledging that we need someone now who can start to make things happen, who can create change from the current failing state to a forward moving society. And more and more people are hoping, and indeed asking, that Jack Warner might step into the void of despair, and lead us out of it. Whatever the controversies that have swirled in this mercurial man’s wake, there is a common consensus about him: Jack Can! He may have had critics aplenty for some of the things he has done, but no one complains that there is something not done as he passes.

I have known Jack, as his associate in football, and as his friend, since 1974. And our friendship has been tested by disagreement and flare-ups, and by disappointments aplenty in those 35 years. But in all this, I have seen a man who has overcome every challenge he has faced, at home and in the world, and he did this without destroying those who opposed him, but by incorporating them in his vision. Jack, more than anyone else, developed the Strike Squad through the Youth Football Programme of the 1980’s. That is where Dwight, Russell, Shaka, Carlos, Kenwynne, Clayton Ince and others came from. And that programme was severely criticised here! His successes caused USA and Canada to promote his candidacy for President of CONCACAF in 1990.

Having won that position, over the resistance of the incumbents, Jack lifted the moribund, backwater FIFA Confederation into an example of efficiency, effectiveness and respect. It was he who showed FIFA how to move from a complex “if A beats B and C draws with D, then E can go to the next round” format of 24 teams, to a straightforward competition of 32 teams at the World Cup Finals. And in so doing, he created additional places for countries like Jamaica and TT to qualify.

CONCACAF was as poorly managed in 1990 as TT is today. It was stagnant and unenterprising. Today, for all its diverse membership, it is an example of progressiveness. The sub-group, The Caribbean Football Union, is the only effective operating regional enterprise in existence. The reason both these groups are effective is: Jack Warner. Is TT a more difficult challenge than those?

When it was announced that he was now the Senior VP in FIFA, I sent the following as congratulations: “…….you will soon have to face a dilemma of monumental, albeit positive choices: Will you take over the governing of FIFA, or the governing of TT? Both await you.”

Jack, who responds to 99.95 percent of his e-mail, has remained silent on this so far. We wait.
http://www.newsday.co.tt/commentary/0,102450.html

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:42:11 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2009, 09:16:25 PM »
Thxs West.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2009, 10:18:32 PM »
I really realise dis man motive and tactics now yes. De man making a rel serious run for office. It have pics in de papers de man went Caura River Friday and had river lime with people and ting..mingling and posing for picture while turning up a pot of duck. Watch and yuh go see someting.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2009, 06:24:41 AM »
I really realise dis man motive and tactics now yes. De man making a rel serious run for office. It have pics in de papers de man went Caura River Friday and had river lime with people and ting..mingling and posing for picture while turning up a pot of duck. Watch and yuh go see someting.

You now realise that?   Last week I discussing the thing with a friend and he lay out the plan for me; Warner's presidency goh be up in 2011 (FIFA that is or could be CONCACAF I not sure), the next general election is 2012....think bout it....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2009, 06:40:43 AM »

You now realise that?   Last week I discussing the thing with a friend and he lay out the plan for me; Warner's presidency goh be up in 2011 (FIFA that is or could be CONCACAF I not sure), the next general election is 2012....think bout it....

Nah I suspected..but never thought that he would do it. He have a much better chance of running bobol unhindered in FIFA...where people who in bobol is de only ones who could get him out. Government still require some degree of input that he might have less control over.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2009, 09:07:22 AM »

Nah I suspected..but never thought that he would do it. He have a much better chance of running bobol unhindered in FIFA...where people who in bobol is de only ones who could get him out. Government still require some degree of input that he might have less control over.

Actually Bourbon, they were discussing it on I95.5fm the other day.  The question was asked "Why would Mr. Warner be trying so hard to ensure the UNC positions itself to get into government, since he already has "everything".  Is it that he really cares for T&T and wants to see it move forward?"

I can't remember the exact percentage of who thought he had the country's best interests at heart vs. who didn't, but I remember a lot of people thought the former was the case.....go figure...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »

Actually Bourbon, they were discussing it on I95.5fm the other day.  The question was asked "Why would Mr. Warner be trying so hard to ensure the UNC positions itself to get into government, since he already has "everything".  Is it that he really cares for T&T and wants to see it move forward?"

I can't remember the exact percentage of who thought he had the country's best interests at heart vs. who didn't, but I remember a lot of people thought the former was the case.....go figure...

Jack care bout TNT. Yes like how Sylvester care for Tweety.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2009, 02:37:14 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »

Jack care bout TNT. Yes like how Sylvester care for Tweety.
[/quote]

Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2009, 05:11:49 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/B3XVRiXDojU&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/B3XVRiXDojU&amp;feature=related</a>
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:42:35 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/B3XVRiXDojU&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/B3XVRiXDojU&amp;feature=related</a>

Elan boi it eh showin

1]; } ?>