Kamla
2 (14.3%)
The people of Chaguanas West
5 (35.7%)
Some big pappy contractor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 04:18:55 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner General Section Thread.  (Read 182976 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
A female 1st cousin of mines cause the 75th on Monday night..slit the throat of an ex-boyfriend during an altercation at her house.
Should be self-defense but shoulda never reached to that stage.
1st physical fight in a relationship should be the last and end of any relationship.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A female 1st cousin of mines cause the 75th on Monday night..slit the throat of an ex-boyfriend during an altercation at her house.
1st physical fight in a relationship should be the last and end of any relationship.

Sorry to hear that.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
This government have a plan to run Trinbago down in the ground and the bad thing, the supporters are quite satisfy with their governing.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile

Oh man....that's terrible....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Wha...dis scene yuh talkin bout?

Slit throat in self defense?

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Man_stabbed_to__death_after_row-193451531.html

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Man_stabbed_to__death_after_row-193451531.html

I dunno if is the same thing Feliz talking about but

Police were told Tannis and the suspect had an altercation and his knife fell to the ground. The suspect allegedly picked up the knife and stabbed him.

So during the altercation he had a knife which fell to the ground... she allegedly picks it up and stabs him.  Reasonable to assume that he was wielding the knife as a weapon when he lost it... therefore a good self-defense argument.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile

yuh could slit ah throat wit a wild slash jus as easily as a premeditated action any coroner worth his salt will know d difference
I pity the fool....

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
This is what I was told by my mother (who was ducking me cause my lil sister in a similar situation with boyfriend) when she finally returned my call 2 days after the incident (guess I woulda never known if wasn't for FB).
To set the record straight I'm not defending my cousin or like them people who get interview after a bandit get killed and saying he was such a good boy etc lol. If they find her guilty so be it.

My cousin Darcelle and this fella were off and on for the last year or so, they were always fighting. She actually moved away to get away from him and was only recently she moved back in with her parents. With her being a Nurse or whatever it is, I don't think so. The branding with the hot iron my sister said happened after a fight and there was a restraining order or some sort.
Anyway the fella came to my Aunt's house late that night while most were already in bed. She came out and asked him what he wanted etc. Both started arguing in the gallery and she told him to leave. He refused obviously and started to strangle her. She managed to escape back into the house and another cousin (Keisha) who heard the commotion came and locked the door. Darcelle went into her bedroom and unbeknownst to everybody the guy climbed through a window and hid inside the house. He also grabbed the knife in the gallery that my family uses to peel mango etc. He ended up inside her bedroom and started to attack her (not sure if with the knife or his hand). Keisha came back again after hearing screaming and proceeded to kick down the door. Apparently he was standing close behind the door when she kicked it in, which in turn hit him causing the knife to fall out of his hands. With the knife on the floor, there was a scramble to get it. Darcelle reached it first (not sure with which hand but I would say her right hand) and just lifted her hand sideways and upwards in order to try and get up (she short and fat btw). With him being in close proximity, he got slashed on the left side of his neck.
Commotion suddenly stopped and everybody in the house (who were supposedly sleeping) decide something wrong and come out their rooms to investigate steups. My uncle took him to the hospital and they all had to give statements to the Police. Darcelle was in shock that he was bleeding. She still hasn't been charged as yet since Monday night.

I know my cousin aint no saint and I would go so far to even classify her as 'ghetto'..loud mouth, aggressive, etc.
It's unfortunate someone died here but a few things really pisses me off. My family attended the wake out of courtesy and were told by the guy's family that they will put a 'hit' on her if she gets released. Darcelle's immediate family knew the kind of relationship she was in and did nothing to help discourage it or point her in the right direction.

Unfortunately my smallest sister is tied up in a similar relationship and my parents are not even trying hard enough in my opinion to put and end to it before it takes a turn for the worst. She doesn't even want to listen to me or my brother. I sent her a plane ticket couple years ago and she didn't come cause the guy threatened her, but he could fly up and down the islands with other women and leaves her at home yes. There is no physical abuse right now but they're at the stage of breaking and smashing everything in sight.

As Weary said before, is only a matter of time before the next statistic is someone close to you.
Feliz

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Feliz

I am sorry to hear about your sister's situation. However, there is hope with persons who are in your sister situation realize that someone die and worse someone she knows a light bulb may come. When I practised Social Work our cases for Domestic Violence would always increase after a death as a result of D.V.

Hopefully, this would be the case in this situation. If there is anything I can do PM me.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Cops probe farmer’s murder

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2013-03-04/cops-probe-farmer%E2%80%99s-murder

A 55-year-old farmer was chopped to death during a robbery at his Arouca garden on Saturday afternoon. According to reports, around 4.20 pm, Anand Ramdass, of Boundary Road, Aranguez, was found murdered at Paw Paw Drive, Orange Grove Road (South), Arouca. Police said that Ramdass left home early yesterday morning to go to his garden. Relatives became worried when he did not return home in the afternoon and after several calls to his cell phone went unanswered.

His brother-in-law, Gregory Pooran later went to the garden where he found him lying face down in a field in his underwear. Ramdass had several chop wounds to his arms and neck. Police said that his body had several other visible marks of violence which indicate that he may have been beaten by the robbers before he was killed. His wallet, jewelery, cell phone and his Toyota Hilux van were missing.

He was pronounced dead on the scene by District Medical Officer (DMO) Dr Gopaul, who ordered his body removed to the Forensic Science Centre in St James. A post-mortem is to be conducted today. The murder toll now stands at 84, as compared to 61 for the corresponding period last year. According to statistics from the Police Service’s Crime and Problem Analysis Branch (CAPA) there were 377 murders in 2012.

Superintendent Baldeo Nanan and detectives of the Region Two Homicide Bureau are probing Ramdass’ murder.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Updated needed it rch 84 mods yuh cyah stick on this thread.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Would we even con
[/q

Would we even consider placing Nazim Baksh, Amery Browne, Colm Imbert or any other member of Parliment to be in charge of  the National Football Team ??? 

I'll answer my own question. No! Never!  Why? No ------- ------- ---------

So how the As* could Jack Warner could be placed in charge of National Security for the country? 
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation

I dunno if is the same thing Feliz talking about but

Police were told Tannis and the suspect had an altercation and his knife fell to the ground. The suspect allegedly picked up the knife and stabbed him.

So during the altercation he had a knife which fell to the ground... she allegedly picks it up and stabs him.  Reasonable to assume that he was wielding the knife as a weapon when he lost it... therefore a good self-defense argument.

Just a quick update fellas...not sure what papers it from
they told my family it might take 2-3 years before they get their inquest done  ::)
my cousin has been relocated but i already know that won't last long.

Female suspect in stabbing released
Wednesday, March 6 2013

A 26-YEAR-OLD San Fernando woman who was detained in connection with the stabbing death of Akin Tannis 31, of Ste Madeleine has been released.

The woman was in police custody since two Tuesdays ago.

Tannis, a father of one, was stabbed in his next at a house in Chislon Street, San Fernando, and subsequently died at the San Fernando General Hospital. Yesterday, Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard gave instructions that she be released and a Coroner’s Inquest be held into the circumstances surrounding Tannis’ death.
Feliz

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner: a case of expanding the national security portfolio?
« Reply #793 on: March 10, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »

Warner: PNM seeking to destabilise country

Published:

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Shaliza Hassanali

National Security Minister Jack Warner has accused the People’s National Movement (PNM) of trying to destabilise the country with known criminals. Warner made the revelation during his contribution of the Defence Amendment Bill 2013 in Parliament on Friday. Warner said he received notes in his mailbox last month informing him of two meetings held by PNM agents at two locations last month.

One meeting was held in Maraval, under the chairmanship of a former minister of finance, while the other was in St Joseph chaired by a former pilot and CEO. The meeting in Maraval, Warner said, attracted high level politicians including a mayor and failed ministers. “However, what worries me is the meeting in Maracas St Joseph.”

Warner said at that meeting, a top class lawyer who was a former member of one of the PP’s partners had attended, along with 14 others. The meeting, Warner said, was held at the home of George Bell to tally the country’s murder rate which they had planned to advertise and send to the PNM overseas.

Questions also arose about funding for their plans. “I am advised that they had to regain the corridor (St Joseph) seat and they say what they will do and so on.” One of the attendees of that meeting, Warner said, was “Soldier Barry who has a long criminal record. “He was incarcerated for eight years and on trial for several murders.”

Barry, Warner said, was involved in an alleged plot to kill Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in December 2011. “Barry said it was time to destabilise the country and discussed ways and means of doing so. When I come here and hear members whose party have agents whose intention is to destabilise the country, I am concerned.”

Renraw notting you say even if you telling the truth i would not believe you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 10, 2013, 10:49:23 AM »
Stueps.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: March 10, 2013, 11:01:58 AM »
Politics 101: create a distraction (or pray for a natural disaster).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I wonder how many AR15s in the country.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:11 PM »
Jack: a great black saviour on a shiny black steed?
 By Selwyn Ryan
Mar 16, 2013

I was at UWI, Jamaica, last week where I still teach the occasional class. As I sometimes do, I sought to use my class to discuss issues that are on the real time agenda in Trinidad. In this case, the class was scheduled to discuss the issue of leadership in societies which were experiencing political crisis and which had a leadership which was beyond the boundary.

The class was discussing theories of governance in the Age of the Enlightenment, and it was in this context that I sought to use the work of the German philosopher Friedrich Hegel as my point of departure. I also sought to use the political behaviour of the Minister of National Security as the backdrop for the discourse.

Hegel is a very controversial political thinker, one whom students find difficult to understand. There are, however, aspects of his thought that were relevant to our discussion of "heroic leadership". I thought that some of these ideas would illustrate Hegel's views on "great" leaders and Jack Warner as history's instrument.

I hasten to add that I use the word "great" in a generic way. "Great" need not mean "good". Great in my usage means having a significant impact on major events.

The world is full of heroes who were considered dangerous rascals by their societies. Jesus, Napoleon and Hitler were all "great men" who changed the world forever.

This column was opposed to Jack Warner becoming a member of the PP Cabinet. I was and still am of the view that he should have been made to choose between FIFA and being a member of the Cabinet. Quite frankly, I thought that however critical he might have been to Kamla's ascent to power in 2010, he would be unsuitable as a cabinet minister. I stand vindicated.

That does not, however, prevent me from evaluating Warner in other dimensions.

One of Hegel's well-known sayings is that "One cannot cure gangrene with lavender water." He is also wont to say that meaningful change cannot be achieved by utopian wishes: one must be "realistic" about what one proposes to do.

Failure is certain if one misreads the trajectory of history. Hegel was also of the view that "blood and iron" were needed to achieve historically significant goals and that "force and conflict were the midwives of history". History was thus not about the lives of kings.

Great men become heroes if they become conscious instruments of powerful social forces and assist these ideas to come to fruition. Great men are invariably history's bullies.

Where does Laventille and Jack Warner fit in with all this? Jack talks and prevaricates a great deal and one does not always know when to take him seriously. He, however, projects himself as a "man of action", someone who has a destiny and a legacy to fulfill.

Others around him are seen to be "weak" or "soft". He sees himself as a "black man on a shiny black steed" whose historic destiny is to clean up and gentrify Laventille and other "hot spots" throughout Trinidad and Tobago.

Kamla also adopted him as her "man of action", the man who will help her achieve her goal of a second term. Jack and Kamla are both at war with the criminal element and have warned those whom he described as "urban guerillas" that in the coming cosmic battle, he was taking no prisoners. The gangs would either have to put down their guns or suffer early mortality.

"Dem born fi dead," as the Jamaicans would say.

Warner needs to succeed and is impatient to succeed. Time and international forces are not on his side. There is also a bounty on his head.

He is thus irritated by all the picayune obstacles being put in his way by the PNM and others in civil society who are opposed to the hard line which he sees as inevitable.

As he complains, "For too long, the voices of the minority who oppose the Government for personal reasons are getting their views across while the majority stood silent."

Jack seems to be genuinely of the view that those in opposition—the gang lords and their supporters—are bent on "staging massive disruptions across the country to bring down the PP government". One is not clear who exactly is the enemy, but it would seem he believes a criminal element is combining to challenge the State and that he needs reinforcement and better intelligence. Who wants to prevent history from absolving him? The PNM? Hardly.

Warner's hubristic rhetoric suggests that he sees himself as a Hegelian "great man" who was not afraid to be the "martyr" who dies in the battle against the bad boys. He warned the latter that they will feel the effects of his crime plan when it is implemented. As he boasted, "It would be swift, it would be surgical, it will be clinical, and this country shall begin an era of safety."

He also promised Laventillians that he would bulldoze their hilltop houses to make room for new structures which will be built. As simple as that! One does not know whether this is his dream or Government policy.

The "Plan" involved recruiting up to 5,000 Special Reserve Police officers to fill the manpower needs of the security services. Presumably, he was also privy to the decision to create "soldier-police", eliminate juries and bail for certain heinous offences.

It may also be that the New Flying Squad was to be an integral part of this massive intake. The plan fell apart, in part because the gangsters were not the pushovers Warner assumed they would be.

The PNM's resistance to the "manoduro" (hard) approach was also stouter than Jack bargained for. So far Jack has failed. One should however not be surprised.

There are few anti-gang success stories to use as exemplars. They succeed for a while (up to two years in August Town, Jamaica) but invariably get tripped off again by a "land mine", some long suppressed act of vengeance. But Great Men in the Hegelian mode do not give up readily. They persevere until they succeed or fail monumentally, in which case, their audacious challenge to history would be deemed to have been "adventurous" or "utopian".

Lenin would say of them that "they died with their political swords in hand, but that they made a beautiful corpse". What will we say of Jack when he runs out of time?

Part of the problem is that unlike what obtains in much of Latin America, Trinidadians, like Jamaicans, are ambivalent about the use of extrajudicial executions by the police. They are not disposed to use the level of force which that option requires.

Hegel would probably snort that Trinidad is still trying to use lavender water to heal its gangrenous flesh.

The idea of a secretly and illegally recruited "ton ton macoute" such as one had in Grenada or Haiti is still abhorrent to a majority of Trinidadians. They want a respite from the criminal gangs, but they also want enduring social peace. Hegelians would say that this cannot happen. Only one order can prevail sustainably.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commentaries/Jack__a_great_black_saviour__on_a_shiny_black_steed_-198640001.html

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 31, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »

Officials ‘stunned’ by findings on Flying Squad

Published:

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Anika Gumbs-Sandiford

The Police Complaints Authority (PCA) has begun its inquiry into allegations of the revival of the New Flying Squad Investigations Unit (NFSIU).

Retired police inspector Mervyn Cordner who has repeatedly claimed he was recalled by Minister of National Security Jack Warner to head the NFSIU was the first witness to be called.

Sunday Guardian learned Cordner met with officials of the PCA for over six hours on March 19 at the authority’s Park Street, Port-of-Spain, office where he was interviewed.

He handed over several documents, e-mails and pictures to the officials to substantiate his claims.

The inquiry is being conducted by PCA head Gillian Lucky and five other members.

Cordner, Sunday Guardian further learned, also met with deputy commissioner of police (DCP) Simon Alexis on March 21 and was also interviewed.

Alexis has been mandated by acting Commissioner of Police (CoP) Stephen Williams to investigate allegations into the revival of the NFSIU.

Williams opted to stepped aside after various quarters condemned his involvement in the investigations citing an apparent conflict of interest. He was also named in a report submitted by National Security Operations Centre director Garvin Heerah giving his account on the matter.

Lucky confirmed to Sunday Guardian on Thursday that the inquiry into the NFSIU was on its way.

However, the PCA head said she was unable to divulge details surrounding the investigation because of its “sensitivity.”

“What I could say is the inquiry commenced and is ongoing, but because of the nature of the matter I cannot reveal any specifics,” Lucky said.

But sources told Sunday Guardian officials were “stunned” by the information that was presented to them.

Several other key members of the NFSIU have also been questioned by the PCA in connection with the role they played in the unit.

Sunday Guardian understands all 75 members who claim to have worked for the NFSIU are expected to be interviewed.

NFSIU revived in July 2012

The NFSIU was reportedly secretly revived in July last year, months after Warner signalled his intention to bring back the unit.

In June last year, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar said she was leaving it up to Warner to decide if he wanted to bring back a unit fashioned after the infamous Flying Squad.

The squad was first formed in the 1970s but was disbanded in 1980 after former police commissioner Randolph Burroughs was charged with conspiracy to murder.

Warner hinted at the possibility of bringing back a “sanitised version” of the squad last year, but did not give a time frame.

In the face of damning evidence, Warner has vehemently denied any knowledge of the unit being revived.

It was an internal e-mail trail at the Ministry of National Security that confirmed the NFSIU was up and running.

Members of the NFSIU was facilitated by Heerah to carry out operations.

The e-mails showed a base was being sought for the NFSIU in Aranguez, with the knowledge of Heerah.

However, the site was deemed unsuitable and the NFSIU was set up at Arouca instead. Last week, Koorn was visited by two investigators inquiring about the operations of the NFSIU from his premises.

Heerah arranged for the NFSIU to be equipped with vehicles to carry out operations.

Miscellaneous Marketing Company Ltd, a company that leases unmarked vehicles to the T&T Police Service, supplied eight vehicles to the NFSIU last year to carry out operations.

The directors of Miscellaneous Marketing Ltd are Sham and Rachel Mohammed of Temple Street, Duncan Village, San Fernando.

Flying Squad saga

The NFSIU operated for four months on the premises of Donrich Security Kennels Ltd located at Factory Road, Golden Grove Road, Arouca, but was recently shut down because of lack of funding.

Businessman Richard Koorn, the owner of the premises from where the NFSIU operated at a monthly cost of $200,000, has corroborated Cordner’s claims.

Koorn claimed he was privy to several discussions and meetings surrounding investigations, in particular, the murder of Yang Jiang Hua and Wu Xia Hua, who were shot dead last July at their family's home and business place, Tiger’s Chinese Restaurant in Cunupia.

The Chinese murder was one of six Cordner claimed the NFSIU was instrumental in helping police solve but the top cop has dismissed the claims.

Williams also denied having any knowledge of the NFSIU but Heerah, in his report to Warner, stated that he had approached the top cop for the members to become special reserve police (SRPs) officers.

Documents show that it was DCP Mervyn Richardson who recommended that members of NFSIU become SRPs in order for them to be precepted.

However, the request was denied by Williams.

Richardson has since appeared before the Police Service Commission to give an account of the role he played with the NFSIU.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yes, Prime Minister: Kamla puts foot down on Warner issue
« Reply #799 on: April 02, 2013, 12:29:08 PM »
Yes, Prime Minister: Kamla puts foot down on Warner issue
By Mr Live Wire (Wired868.com)

Scene: Office of the Prime Minister

(National Security Minister Jack Warner walks in and closes the door behind him)

National Security Minister Jack Warner: Yes, Prime Minister. The AG told me you wanted to see me?

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar: It is over, Jack. This FBI business is the last straw. Everyone is worried that it might affect their ability to get visas and invitations to those great US Embassy parties. You had your warning, eh. That’s it.

Warner: Kamla, I fully understand and I support you. I am only here to serve your government and I am ready to step aside.

Prime Minister: It is too late, Jack. Prakash told me that once I stand on higher ground, I won’t have to worry about your tsunami and… Wait. What did you say?

Warner: Kamla, you are the sharpest legal mind I have ever met. In the fullness of time, I know your decision today will be shown to have saved your party and your country.

Prime Minister: You really think so, Jack? You know I heard some of the boys were whispering behind my back ever since I got my “SC.” You believe they said Hafizool more qualified than me? They said at least he paid for his letters.

Warner: Let me tell you that not one of them has your vision. Not one!

Prime Minister: Yes… Well. How would you like us to do this? Would you prefer to resign?

Warner: You know best, Prime Minister. So, I think you should make the announcement about relieving me yourself.

Prime Minister: Yes. True. That would really make me look strong and independent. Is it okay with you if I am independent?

Warner: Of course. You are the most independent person I know. Too bad the media doesn’t see it. They so clueless that they would probably think you firing me is another sign of your incompetence.

Prime Minister: Hahaha. (Pauses) Why would they think I am incompetent for firing you?

Warner: They will say you bent to pressure from a few peewats. I mean David Abdullah? Cheups. He could meet all his supporters in a broom closet and it would still have room.

Prime Minister: Hahaha. That’s true eh. But Jack what about the international press? A lot of big papers writing about Trinidad and Tobago now and I don’t know what impact it would have on the country.

Warner: I agree. I thought that was an excellent article by Vanity Fair.

Prime Minister: Vanity Fair?

Warner: Yes. The one that listed you among the top ten best dressed leaders in the world. That is what people listen to. You ever hear any of your constituents talking about what they read in Reuters this morning? You ever see a Reuters newspaper selling in Siparia?

Prime Minister (with a confused look): Ahmm…

Warner: If the FBI really wanted me, you don’t think they would have said something to us by now?

Prime Minister: But… I mean. We can’t be caught off guard.

Warner: Why not call and ask them?

Prime Minister: Who?

Warner: The FBI. It couldn’t hurt. Let me hear what they think they have on me.

Prime Minister: But they would never tell us. If the investigation still going on, why would the FBI say something now?

Warner: So why rush if the FBI not saying anything? You don’t think making a public statement is sub judice?

Prime Minister: Sub judice only counts when a matter is under consideration in court.

Warner: That’s what it used to mean. Now it means “you ketch me with that question and I can’t think of a good answer.” Ask the majority of voters what it means and see for yourself.

Prime Minister: But then suppose in a month or two the FBI orders your arrest? Oh gosh Jack, look at the licks we get over Ish and Steve. I can’t go through that again. Volney does still turn up his face everytime he sees me.

Warner: Volney face does always look like WASA dig it up. Don’t study him. You know the law better than anyone. If the FBI wants to press charges, then they would have to apply for me to be extradited. The Yankees not above the law you know.

Prime Minister: You don’t think that would look bad?

Warner: That everything is done legally? I wouldn’t expect anything less when dealing with a distinguished Senior Counsel like yourself.

Prime Minister: Jack boy, the FBI really wants you in truth?

Warner: Kamla, God himself gave up his first born child not so? Everybody wants to crucify me. Why you think that is?

Prime Minister: I getting mixed up. You’re saying that Daryan is Jesus or that I am God?

Warner: I’m saying that if there is one person I know that won’t let anyone push her buttons, it is you. David and them trying to set trap for you. But your decision to wait for an answer from the FBI would stall them and take away their momentum. You saw what happened when Mancini sold that trouble-maker, Balotelli? Everything that goes wrong at Manchester City is Mancini’s fault now.

Prime Minister: Bocelli was in which city?

Warner: Exactly. So if you decide to keep me in your Cabinet to prove that this is a law abiding country and in keeping with your hypocrite oath, then I am humbly at your service.

Prime Minister: You mean the Hippocratic oath? My husband is a doctor you know.

Warner: He is not half the physician you are. You will give Trinidad and Tobago just the diagnosis it needs.

Prime Minister: Listen Jack. You are doing an excellent job. Who the hell is Reuters and David to tell me how to run my government?!

Warner: The crime situation is worse than ever since I took over. Doesn’t everybody know it is always darkest before dawn? The worse it gets, the closer we are to a breakthrough. So obviously, we are closer to solving the crime problem than under any previous National Security Minister. But I know you see that better than anyone. I could do with a vacation, you know. I could go home and look at photos of all those lovely countries I used to be able to visit. But I can’t leave you hanging.

Prime Minister: Jack, don’t take on those critics. Get right back to work. You are doing a wonderful job.

Warner: Yes, Prime Minister.

Editor’s Note: This column is pure satire and all conversations are faked. No offence is meant at parties named; although they probably deserve it.

And, of course, our thanks to Yes, Prime Minister and Filbert Street.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:16:04 AM by Flex »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Yes, Prime Minister: Kamla puts foot down on Warner issue
« Reply #800 on: April 02, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »
dies

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 02, 2013, 04:33:39 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Mr Live Wire seem to have learnt from Sam!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #802 on: April 02, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »
plenty kicks, Jack all over she SC

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Couple accused of fraud vs Warner
« Reply #803 on: April 09, 2013, 02:47:27 PM »

COUPLE ON 114 CHARGES
Warner and wife allegedly defrauded of $1.9m

By Mark Bassant CCN Senior Multimedia Investigative Journalist
Story Created: Apr 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM ECT
Story Updated: Apr 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM ECT
Jack Warner is usually at the receiving end of accusations.
Yesterday, however, a couple appeared in the Port of Spain Magistrates’ Court on 114 fraud-related charges of defrauding the Minister of National Security and his wife Maureen of just under $2 million.
Routie Sunita Rampersad, 42, of 7 Eleventh Street, Barataria, and her husband Shivanand Bhagwandass, 56, of the same address, were both charged by WPC Corporal Lisa Cudjoe of the Fraud Squad.
At 3.15 p.m., the couple appeared before Magistrate Debbie Ann Basso, who proceeded to read aloud the charges that ended an hour and 45 minutes later.
Rampersad, dressed in a yellow top and jeans, bowed her head most of the time when the charges were being read, while Bhagwandass, dressed in a grey long-sleeved sweater and washed out jeans, glanced around occasionally at his mother, who was sitting in court.
The majority of charges were for uttering forged documents, obtaining money and forgery.
All the incidents of alleged fraud occurred between September, 2007 until March 2013.
Based on the long list of charges read out, it is alleged that Rampersad and Bhagwandass cashed First Citizens, Independence Square cheques in this six-year period at Scotia and First Citizens branches in Chaguanas that had the pre-signed signatures of Jack Warner and/or his wife Maureen.
The money was withdrawn from the Warners’ joint account, totalling $1.9 million.
Cheques ranging from $10,500 to as much as $165,000 were withdrawn from the Warners’ account during the period.
Rampersad, 42, had worked at the Centre of Excellence in Macoya as an accounts clerk for a period of three years.
Rampersad, the court was told, was now working as a gardener with Bhagwandass.
Attorney Mansergh Griffith, who held for attorney Larry Williams, told the court that both his clients had no previous convictions or matters pending and asked the court to grant them bail.
Magistrate Basso said she would consider bail on the first 15 charges that emanated in St George West, but indicated she would have to transfer the charges number 16-114 to the Chaguanas Magistrates’ Court.
She remanded the couple in custody and adjourned the matter until Thursday pending a tracing of the couple.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Couple accused of fraud vs Warner
« Reply #804 on: April 09, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »
How ironic, Larry Williams was in class with Warner's son at Fatima.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 09, 2013, 07:42:09 PM »
Jack passing on his bad habits to his employees too!!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 09, 2013, 07:56:59 PM »
Jack Warner is usually at the receiving end of accusations.
What a mischievous line!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 09, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »
Do so dont like so

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 10, 2013, 08:11:11 AM »
All yuh c them people on tv? them eh look likethey could defraud d muppets. I eh buying this story.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 10, 2013, 09:04:02 AM »
They should make Jack Warner de minister of baccanal or comess !

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>