April 26, 2024, 03:35:18 AM

Author Topic: Do all Trinis who live in England,Canada or U.S. Support the warriors?  (Read 11295 times)

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
sago pinto, as soon as i read your post i thought of my brother-in-law who lives by you in Pembroke Pines. Perhaps you know him? his name is Bobby Singh originally from Chaguanas and he's a deputy Sheriff in Dade County. Anyways, Bobby emigrated to USA when he was 16 or 17 and applied for citizenship and thing and even joined the US Marines. He's about 30 years old now and is a full Yank with American accent, Stars and Stripes flying outside his bungalow, Silverado pickup with a US Marine licence number holder and so on and so forth. And yeah, he rooting for USA over T&T in World Cup. Don't understand it myself but that's just the way it is  ???

so much for maintaining some anonymity........

you saying i shouldn't have posted my brother-in-law's name and thing on the internet because he might get stalked and shit by some internet pervert?

no worries on that score, remember my bro-in-law is a Deputy Sheriff and and former US Marine and i'm sure i speak for him when i say [american accent]"BRING IT ON!!  ;D[/american accent]
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
sago pinto, as soon as i read your post i thought of my brother-in-law who lives by you in Pembroke Pines. Perhaps you know him? his name is Bobby Singh originally from Chaguanas and he's a deputy Sheriff in Dade County. Anyways, Bobby emigrated to USA when he was 16 or 17 and applied for citizenship and thing and even joined the US Marines. He's about 30 years old now and is a full Yank with American accent, Stars and Stripes flying outside his bungalow, Silverado pickup with a US Marine licence number holder and so on and so forth. And yeah, he rooting for USA over T&T in World Cup. Don't understand it myself but that's just the way it is  ???

;D :rotfl:

Jay boy yuh brother in law just reflecting he initials  :bs:

:rotfl:
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

you saying i shouldn't have posted my brother-in-law's name and thing on the internet because he might get stalked and shit by some internet pervert?

no worries on that score, remember my bro-in-law is a Deputy Sheriff and and former US Marine and i'm sure i speak for him when i say [american accent]"BRING IT ON!!  ;D[/american accent]

hahaha....yuh wicked....poor fella.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

bobby sound like one of them dopey indian who used to get beat up in school plenty. now he is a fricking OREO COOKIE SELLOUT!

he must be feel like he is a "good old boy" but in the end somebody will put him in his place and make him realize that he is just another n*****.

working for broward sheriff? THE MOST FRICKING RACIST LAW ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT in so fla? he must be one of them who is plant drugs in people car if they look like they from dade.

SELLOUT!

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

bobby sound like one of them dopey indian who used to get beat up in school plenty. now he is a fricking OREO COOKIE SELLOUT!

he must be feel like he is a "good old boy" but in the end somebody will put him in his place and make him realize that he is just another n*****.

working for broward sheriff? THE MOST FRICKING RACIST LAW ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT in so fla? he must be one of them who is plant drugs in people car if they look like they from dade.

SELLOUT!

That is not fair to Bobby and I don't know him.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
nah Andre, when he stop car he don't plant no drugs or anything. But i wouldn't put it past him to exercise some police brutality on anyone who talks shit to him   :rotfl:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile

SELLOUT!

:o ??? how you inferring all that from wha Jay said. ???
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
pointz,

is true i generalizing but i used to live in so fla. it have a whole set of people like that down there. they is make mih absolutely sick. i think they ashamed of who they are and strive to be something "foreign".

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
pointz,

is true i generalizing but i used to live in so fla. it have a whole set of people like that down there. they is make mih absolutely sick. i think they ashamed of who they are and strive to be something "foreign".

Andre as much as it irks me to say this I understand with what yuh saying,and I also agree with the ever articulate Kicker" we must stop generalising" but unfortunately it is what it is there's no identity no self pride.

Now I've asked many trinis this question how do you measure your success since living in united states:Here's the answer from about 50% of them:If you see 5 bedroom house I have,also I drive a bmw sport and my wife a escalade,we have three dogs a mastiff, golden retriver and a pit bull.

Notice how you did'nt hear anything about education or success as it relates to helping out other trinis,only there own self interest........   

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
pointz,

Andre as much as it irks me to say this I understand with what yuh saying,and I also agree with the ever articulate Kicker" we must stop generalising" but unfortunately it is what it is there's no identity no self pride.

Now I've asked many trinis this question how do you measure your success since living in united states:Here's the answer from about 50% of them:If you see 5 bedroom house I have,also I drive a bmw sport and my wife a escalade,we have three dogs a mastiff, golden retriver and a pit bull.

Notice how you did'nt hear anything about education or success as it relates to helping out other trinis,only there own self interest........   

I don't think observing a trend is generalising.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I don't think observing a trend is generalising.

observing a trend is not generalizing....but making a general, all-inclusive statement based on a limited observation, without qualifying it.......is generalizing....no horrors though, because we are all guilty of it from time to time....

Offline chelsea64

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
There is not a single Trini in London that I know that is not supporting Trinidad not one dam one.

Same with me. All teh Trinis I know are supporting the Warriors.
Come on the Chels.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
do trinis abroad support the warriors??  umm yeah. anybodyyou encoutered that says otherwise is a smal small minority
Hart for president

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
The motivation for the question is a familair refrain and begs one to explore the sesnse of national identity and  patriotic well being for  ones native land.

The question itself is a little absurb to use an inclusive term like 'all'' gives rise to a simple answer No.

Is like saying do allTNT nationals drink Solo? do all eat Roti? do all Trinis go to the beach? Of course not 'all who live abroad are supporters.

Look we have  two TNT organizations in Calgary and not one of these organizations organized a lime for any of the qulayfying games. I would have  loved to be among TNT nationals watching the game; instead I ended up in a pub with soem people who could not care one bit!!!!!

Another question might be "DO MOST TNT nationals abroad  support?

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I know of a lot of Americans, Panamanians, Belizians, etc who are supporting T&T.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Well, you can count on one Englishman's support (with the exception of one game).

Will there be a "Lime" for the game in Slough?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
There is not a single Trini in London that I know that is not supporting Trinidad not one dam one.

Yes they all do now....but how many are waggonists...!!!!!
 Spoke to a guy last week htat didn't know we qualified...

Of course I introdused him to socawarriors.net...

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
If the US and GErmany meet in the WC ... the US will win.
hole orn
i hav to chat wid ma pardner Jay to see the odds of that an i go get back to you about a friendly wager  ;D ;D ;D ;D

kicker ... ah go take yuh up on dat one ... as a friendly wager .... :beermug:
Snake in de balliser

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
hole orn
i hav to chat wid ma pardner Jay to see the odds of that an i go get back to you about a friendly wager  ;D ;D ;D ;D

kicker ... by the way watch the US win de WC in 2010 ... first prediction for 2010 ... alll yuh rite it down an rememba de date
Snake in de balliser

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
all the trinis that i know personally in columbia, sc support the warriors.  i also talk to them regularly about the warrior nation and about this site.

Offline emanu

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
im a trini who lives in england and im backing the warriors, i've been backing them since i was small and ma friends would laugh when i go around saying dat i scoring like yorke and stern running the mifield like lats! but i'll have the last laugh come the final whistle and TNT beat england! ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Westcoast leh meh know some names I out in these parts since; well over 18 years.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De start of de World Cup will make it 22 years since I leave home. I'm now a Canadian citizen and I doubt I will ever move back but I will be backing T&T in de World Cup.
Mih aunt who leave home 40 years ago, she go be backing T&T.
Mih mother who leave home 30 years ago and eh really know nutten about football go be backing T&T.
Mih uncle who leave home about 50 years now and barely ever look back often doh have much good to say about T&T go be backing T&T in de World Cup.
Mih wife cousin, who born here from a Vincy father and a Trini mother, he backing T&T.
De caterer fuh mih wedding, he backing T&T. BTW he is a trini too.
And de Indian fellah who own de roti shop around de corner, he backing T&T too.

Dem is just a sampling of some of de people ah could vouch for. Now ah sure it have dem who could care less or who would prefer to back other countries. Like Marc say it have 3 kinds, but I know where I stand.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 12:05:33 AM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Unfortunately I must disagree...I know at least three that know T&T in the WC but supporting OTHER teams....and another four who doh even know T&T in Germany, mind yuh I doh think them four even know what happening in Germany, so technically I suppose they would support T&T if they cared about football but currently they seem totally disinterested!. Of the three who actively supporting other teams they all married to Europeans and supporting their adopted homelands. I aint brave like some people who calling out man by name so you go have to take my word fuh this. I know quite a few Trini's who sever all links with T&T once they lef the country and dey accent change in about they time it take fuh the plane to taxi out to Piacro runway fuh takeoff....these are the sort of individuals I am talking about sadly! Yet dey does still comeback fuh Carnival  >:(

Generally the majority of Trini's I know in the UK supporting T&T and while they being fairly realistic about our teams performance in the tournament still quite excited about the whole thing.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
hole orn

kicker ... by the way watch the US win de WC in 2010 ... first prediction for 2010 ... alll yuh rite it down an rememba de date

kappy yuh going from bad to worse boy!! ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De start of de World Cup will make it 22 years since I leave home. I'm now a Canadian citizen and I doubt I will ever move back but I will be backing T&T in de World Cup.
Mih mother who leave home 30 years ago and eh really know nutten about football go be backing T&T.
Mih uncle who leave home about 50 years now and barely ever look back often doh have much good to say about T&T go be backing T&T in de World Cup.
Mih wife cousin, who born here from a Vincy father and a Trini mother, he backing T&T.

Dem is just a sampling of some of de people ah could vouch for. Now ah sure it have dem who could care less or who would prefer to back other countries. Like Marc say it have 3 kinds, but I know where I stand.

Mose, I know yuh caterer quite well, and he does back and support anything or anybody Trini....Cricket, swimming, somebody chile studying, carnival....buh ah could tell yuh for a fact, if T&T didn't make it, he and many TTians     in this city would jus be backing another team, dah's all...Dey don't really care to get stress over why, cause given the whole situation of T&T, they feel they can't change much, or change enough to affect T&T football, which they know in reality is a very small part in the critical aspects of mant T&Tians lives.....

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
well sometimes it have some ah dem just not interested in sports, i have some cus dere, dem eh know de how much men does be on a field. an dem eh concern about dat either, ask dem bout car and music and dem know it all, bot that they don`t love trini, they r here every year.

but my mom iz in long is and she representin to de fullest, she have a flag on she car, and since befor de playoff i have she playin fighter loud in her office  ;D

;D ;D

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well Trinibago people...i'm Trini to my heart...i have been backing my country for year on end...that why went they lose ...ah get vex...but it's all good.... ah really don't care about other team's around the Caribbean, south, central and north America and even European team...(what i meant... other country national football team) ah care only about my  country men and that it....well you could say i'm very patriotic....................................SOCAWARRIORS...FOREVER............................

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Mose, I know yuh caterer quite well, and he does back and support anything or anybody Trini....Cricket, swimming, somebody chile studying, carnival....buh ah could tell yuh for a fact, if T&T didn't make it, he and many TTians in this city would jus be backing another team, dah's all...Dey don't really care to get stress over why, cause given the whole situation of T&T, they feel they can't change much, or change enough to affect T&T football, which they know in reality is a very small part in the critical aspects of mant T&Tians lives.....
Ah have to agree with yuh dey!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hole orn
kicker ... ah go take yuh up on dat one ... as a friendly wager .... :beermug: WestCoast says: COOL
kicker ... by the way watch the US win de WC in 2010 ... first prediction for 2010 ... alll yuh rite it down an rememba de date: WestCoast says: whey, if ya goin, GO STRONG ;D ;D
an kicker is a nickname for ???

haha...I was wondering how I was gettin' mixed up in that....

1]; } ?>