March 29, 2024, 08:24:01 AM

Author Topic: Airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god  (Read 1299 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:11:33 AM »
Airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god
Nepal's state-run carrier makes offering after technical problems with 757

Updated: 3:50 p.m. ET Sept 4, 2007
KATHMANDU - Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god, following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the carrier said Tuesday.

Nepal Airlines, which has two Boeing aircraft, has had to suspend some services in recent weeks due to the problem.

The goats were sacrificed in front of the troublesome aircraft Sunday at Nepal's only international airport in Kathmandu in accordance with Hindu traditions, an official said.
Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The snag in the plane has now been fixed and the aircraft has resumed its flights," said Raju K.C., a senior airline official, without explaining what the problem had been.

Local media last week blamed the company's woes on an electrical fault. The carrier runs international flights to five cities in Asia.

It is common in Nepal to sacrifice animals like goats and buffaloes to appease different Hindu deities.

all this simi dimi crap.de plane might crash.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:34:49 AM »
 :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Ah reading this and all I cud think bout is the mechanic for that plane have to be trini or jacan and wanted some curry goat so they ress ah wuk on the people plane.

Plane flying good and the mechanic have ritis rite now.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 10:26:27 AM »
I try not to make comments on topics like this but, damn they never hear about aviation mechanics, sacraficing the poor goat for their jacked up plane stueps.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 07:47:06 PM »
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here.

What's the difference between this and having a Priest/Iman/Pundit come and perform a blessing?

1]; } ?>