April 25, 2024, 01:18:13 PM

Author Topic: Roger Boynes wants 'Proof', Minister lays down law for T&TFF.  (Read 8611 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Minister lays down law for T&TFF.
By: Mark Pouchet (Express).
[/size]

Minister of Sport Roger Boynes disbursed yet more money to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) yesterday, insisting that taxpayers' money would not be paid out until supporting evidence and proof is provided by the Federation.
After officially handing over the $3 million cheque from Atlantic LNG, sponsorship that was sourced by the Minister and announced last Thursday, Boynes then delivered to T&TFF president Oliver Camps a cheque for $2.464 million, representing salaries and stipends for the technical staff that were authenticated by the T&TFF.
That is, however, a fraction of the $7 million that has been budgeted for this phase of the T&T Soca Warriors' Germany World Cup 2006 campaign. The $2.464 million was in addition to the $14.4 million Government disbursed to the T&TFF earlier this week.
But at a midday media conference at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday, Boynes was insistent that the T&TFF and special adviser Jack Warner-who last week claimed that the Government had given no money to the Soca Warriors' $79 million budget despite the Cabinet-approved $45 million allocation-would only receive the remainder in the presence of supporting documents.
"We have told them as soon as evidence of payment is provided to us, we will make the payment as we are doing today," Boynes declared.
Of the $7 million budgeted for this phase, the T&TFF could only provide "evidence and proof" of $2.464 million. Boynes also indicated how the Atlantic LNG money would be spent.
"$2.4 million will go towards the salaries and stipends for the technical staff for May and June," he stated. "The other $600,000 is to go towards the costs to be incurred for the T&T/Peru match. That is how that money is to be spent pursuant to the budget."
Boynes addressed some of the issues that have not yet been substantiated by the T&TFF-bonus payments made to local coaches and the budgeted salaries of former Dutch assistant coach Theo De Jonk, who the Ministry discovered only last Wednesday after inquiries directed to the T&TFF, was released since last December.
When asked what was causing the delay in providing the supporting documentation to the Ministry of Sport, including those for payments made last year, Camps blamed the accounting procedure.
"These things have to go through the various accounting processes and so it is taking some time," Camps explained. "But these documents are now being sourced."
Asked if statements made by Warner that the T&TFF had received no money from the Government were indeed not accurate, Camps replied: "We don't want to get into that. We want to move on and move forward."
He then went back to his seat before he promptly departed for another engagement. Boynes also disclosed his Ministry's plans for spreading the Soca Warriors fever.
Ten thousand Soca Warriors badges will be awarded to the first 10,000 patrons dressed in red for next Wednesday's Peru match. He said the Stadium will be decorated with specially-designed banners that will also be posted throughout the country.
Boynes added that seven large screens will also be erected in seven towns for the Soca Warriors World Cup games starting June 10. Those will be in Point Fortin, Port of Spain, Chaguanas, Sangre Grande, San Fernando, Arima and Scarborough, Tobago.
Boynes said appeals will be made to corporate T&T to drape their buildings with banners and flags supporting the team. And an Edu-card game dedicated to the Warriors will be launched Tuesday to help educate thousands of school children about the national team.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 02:38:58 AM by Flex »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BOYNES WANTS 'PROOF' - Jack go say "Proff, Proof
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 11:54:26 PM »

"These things have to go through the various accounting processes and so it is taking some time," Camps explained. "But these documents are now being sourced." [/b]    :rotfl:
Asked if statements made by Warner that the T&TFF had received no money from the Government were indeed not accurate, Camps replied: "We don't want to get into that. We want to move on and move forward."
He then went back to his seat before he promptly departed for another engagement.

He had to ride out before they ask him more question he damn well no the answer to but dare not answer for fear of Jack.

All Oliver Scamps missing is some string by he hands and feet like he on Sesame St fuss he is a puppet.

Més que un club.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Boynes wants 'Proof', Minister lays down law for T&TFF.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 06:20:29 AM »
i now watching tha same ting boy...d man move rel suspect & obvious dey

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 06:30:16 AM »
i now watching tha same ting boy...d man move rel suspect & obvious dey
He went into greater depth in the interview with Roger Sant that skins posted.

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=14367.msg146622#msg146622
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 06:32:18 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 11:16:27 AM »
doc that video is class!!   much thanks skins...I cyah even express how grateful I am for that.  warner is a certified crook - i now see why he in politics - if he get into t&t finances and become minister of finance - that will be the end of t&t.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 12:39:06 PM »
thanks skins, those videos are so much more than the print

thanks moderators, ah now sayin, buh ah didn't hit so much, mek meh look good  8)

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 01:00:22 PM »
lenty here does bring DEY f**king political views to the fore when discussing football.

Dey quick tuh blame de government and say dat Boynes and dem is shit.

Well if man open dey kiss meh arse eyes dey will see dat Jack and company does pull figures out de arse and say dey eh getting support from de government.

1.  de TTFF say de government slow in passing out money dat dey promise. 

Governemnt say:  De TTFF eh give we ah budget yet and de fiogures keep changing.

2.  De TTFF crying dat de government playing politics and eh supporting de team.

Government say:  Send we proof when yuh asking fuh money..we want tuh see how de money was spent.  De TTFF always giving receipts fuh less dan dey asking for.

Who f**king up den?

Jack is ah slice ah wonder bread oui. 

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »
buh TT i find you coulda mention the Ticket pricing ting ;)

Again?

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »
when I asked again, I meant ask dat question again...I knew what Jacko has been up to.

But I obsessed with him yuh see.

LOL

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 02:37:32 PM »

Jack is ah slice ah wonder bread oui. 

with cheese!!!

Més que un club.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 10:01:17 AM »
Just read this coz it reminded me that after 4 years and 3 Ministers of Sport, Oliver is still awaiting accounts so he can get govt funds to pay players/staff!!

Obviously, after being reelected and spending 25 years in the job, Ollie knows more than me, but isn't it time TTFF appointed new accountants who can actually provide accounts  ???

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
Just read this coz it reminded me that after 4 years and 3 Ministers of Sport, Oliver is still awaiting accounts so he can get govt funds to pay players/staff!!

Obviously, after being reelected and spending 25 years in the job, Ollie knows more than me, but isn't it time TTFF appointed new accountants who can actually provide accounts  ???

New accountants fuh what?  De current ones doing they job juss fine man, they helping along the TTFF process: treat everybody like lettuce, keep dem in de dark and feed dem shit.

Besides, no need to change because nobody eh really pressing fuh accounting.  Boynes get bounce; according to many here, Hunt is ah khunt; and Anil might as well change he name to Anal since he head so far up Jack ass.  Accounting?  What accounting?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 02:15:07 PM »
Erm....that was kinda my point Bakes!! Yuh get vexed before you notice my subtle sarcasm there?

But the serious point is just as you say. How the hell can TTFF continue to take government money without any checks and balances from the Ministry. Its a form of blackmail by TTFF. Anil doesn't want to see the players go without yet again, but TTFF just refuse to cooperate. Anils morally obligated to help the players and TTFF know that. And of course, he can't order an investigation into TTFF books coz FIFA will threaten to ban T&T from international football!!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 04:14:05 PM »
I feel we should get ban yesterday .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 04:27:03 PM »
Erm....that was kinda my point Bakes!! Yuh get vexed before you notice my subtle sarcasm there?

But the serious point is just as you say. How the hell can TTFF continue to take government money without any checks and balances from the Ministry. Its a form of blackmail by TTFF. Anil doesn't want to see the players go without yet again, but TTFF just refuse to cooperate. Anils morally obligated to help the players and TTFF know that. And of course, he can't order an investigation into TTFF books coz FIFA will threaten to ban T&T from international football!!

Where you see I get 'vexed' fella?  Better yet, why would I get vex?  I merely pointing out that there is no incentive for them to provide any accounting since nobody willing to pay the price that will come with that sort of accounting.  When Hunt decide to play hardball with Jack everybody get on he case for jeopardizing the England friendly.  Boynes didn't have time to hold Jack's feet to the fire and Anil doesn't have the interest.

No need fuh me to get vex, it ent my money.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 04:29:43 PM »

Now you see why most of us does cuss jack and the hypocracy of his organization, FIFA. But most of the jack supporters does push that aside, because TT has someone  who has keys to the executive bathroom. He is a "mover and shaker". "He does get things done".  This thing is as plain as daylight. Even blind people can figure it out. No disrespect.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 05:11:57 PM »
Coops', not hearin' yuh .... :-\
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »
Coops', not hearin' yuh .... :-\
       I was out for a few days and just got back last night,today i try to play catch up by reading as much of the posts possible,you all handleing this one well,you know i know when to keep my mouth shut. 

1]; } ?>