April 20, 2024, 07:30:35 AM

Author Topic: Ruud United career over after walk-out?  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ruud United career over after walk-out?
« on: May 07, 2006, 08:21:59 AM »
Ruud United career over after walk-out?
www.soccernet.com

Ruud van Nistelrooy's Manchester United future is in doubt after he drove away from Old Trafford three hours before this afternoon's clash with Charlton.

The precise reasons for Van Nistelrooy's disappearing act have not been made public by United but it is difficult to imagine why the 29-year-old would go to the stadium, then leave without having heard some bad news.

A statement from the club confirmed: 'We can confirm Ruud van Nistelrooy has gone home.

'The club will be making no further comment as we are concentrating on today's game.'

Van Nistelrooy's United career has been the subject of intense debate since Sir Alex Ferguson axed him from the United starting line-up for the Carling Cup final win over Wigan at the Millennium Stadium in February.

At the time, the Dutchman accepted the decision, acknowledging Ferguson's argument that Louis Saha, having played in most of the earlier rounds, deserved to play in Cardiff.

Van Nistelrooy did make it clear he expected to be back for the following week's Premiership game with the Latics.

However, once again, he was on the bench, as he was for the subsequent three games, all of which United won.

While Van Nistelrooy did return for the win over West Ham on March 29, he was promptly dropped for the following week's match with Bolton and was on the bench two weeks ago at Stamford Bridge when the Red Devils took on Chelsea in a match which ended their lingering title hopes.

If, as seems likely, Van Nistelrooy left the ground in a fit of temper, it is inconceivable he will not be sold in the summer.

Few, if any, players have crossed Ferguson and emerged to tell the tale.

Even though he is now in his 20th year at United, Ferguson's ruthless streak remains and his authorisation of Roy Keane's departure in November is proof of his willingness to take unpopular decisions if he believes it benefits the club.

Ironically, even on Friday Van Nistelrooy was talking about playing in Keane's testimonial against Celtic on Tuesday before heading off to join Holland's World Cup finals campaign.

However, even though this season he became only the eighth player in United history to score 150 goals for the club - and did so in just 214 games, it appears his appearance against Middlesbrough last Monday - when he missed the penalty which would have secured United's place in next season's Champions League group phase, could be his last. 

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ruud United career over after walk-out?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 08:35:16 AM »
hmm ... the man getting on ..

i sure man u will keep him , cause they obviously have to get some money from the sale..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 08:37:42 AM »
Ruud is G-O-N-E.  Nobody crosses Ferguson and stays at the club to tell the story.  Yorke, Keane... and the list goes on.

Real Madrid or Barcelona is where Van Nistleroy will be next season.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 08:51:45 AM »
forget the horse jahyouth, he is a good player and will land on his feet.  u following the highbury clash??  is goals galore it look like.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 08:59:28 AM »
forget the horse jahyouth, he is a good player and will land on his feet.  u following the highbury clash??  is goals galore it look like.

If I following it again!!!  I watching the score of the West Ham/Spurs game too.

And I hope Barcelona run after Ruud and leave Henry alone man

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 09:11:09 AM »
unf**kingbelievable

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 09:17:38 AM »
Ruud is G-O-N-E.  Nobody crosses Ferguson and stays at the club to tell the story.  Yorke, Keane... and the list goes on.

Real Madrid or Barcelona is where Van Nistleroy will be next season.
Ferguson just want everybody to know that he is the only Diva at GirlBoo.
TnT Patriot

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 09:18:34 AM »
unf**kingbelievable

Fellas, call Big Mag.  We need to put Small Magician on a suicide watch!    :rotfl:

Hard luck small man.  Yuh big player, bound to score man, gone!

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 09:24:56 AM »
Small ting. Rudd my @ss. For this WHOLE YEAR i eh see Rudd do on SHIT. He was injured, come back. Man cant finish a pass, cant deliver the final ball, do REAL shit.

Watch Man U play juss now without he and juss @SS RAPE Charlton.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 09:27:22 AM »
Small ting. Rudd my @ss. For this WHOLE YEAR i eh see Rudd do on SHIT. He was injured, come back. Man cant finish a pass, cant deliver the final ball, do REAL shit.

Scoring 20 goals in the EPL is "not doing sh!t'?!  Allyuh men on drugs oui

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 09:27:41 AM »
hmm ... the man getting on ..

i sure man u will keep him , cause they obviously have to get some money from the sale..

??? ???

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 09:29:24 AM »

Scoring 20 goals in the EPL is "not doing sh!t'?!  Allyuh men on drugs oui

La La LA la la la......he playing shit these days...bottom line. You sounding like a grandfather....."back in my day i used to score...." Old talk dont score goals

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 09:34:15 AM »
ruud wont break away from man utd or just run away , as some people feel , people want him , and man utd will SELL him for $$$ lol
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 09:35:54 AM »
Some a de ignorance exhibited on dis board is astounding.  People from all over de world does pop een, have a look, check out some a de comments, and wonderin wha de hell we doin in de WC based on some a de comments dey does read.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 09:36:32 AM »
If he ride out of this final because he "doh like how Man U playing" that is friggin TREASON..pelt he @ss out. BUt when the details for him leaving is clarified we will know for sure.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 09:45:28 AM »
Some a de ignorance exhibited on dis board is astounding.  People from all over de world does pop een, have a look, check out some a de comments, and wonderin wha de hell we doin in de WC based on some a de comments dey does read.

Palos boy, yuh eh lie.  One man (NDookie) acting like Ruud about to leave on a Free Transfer when it is OBVIOUS that he will be sold as opposed to being simply let out of his contract.  A next man (Shivadee) saying that Ruud eh do shit and he still end up with 20 goals in the EPL behind only the one and only Thierry Henry.

Ruud will not be sold for less than 10 million.  He is 29, a proven goal scorer, and the clubs that are interested (Barcelona, Real Madrid) are heavy spenders.

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 09:48:02 AM »
Ill put it to you like this
What manager want to buy someone, as good as they play, who walks out of a match when the team needs him the most. That is a blow to his reputation right there. It shows that he doesnt care for his team and it shows he is imature. I never liked Ruud.
Dont mistake ignorance for being angry because of a team players attitude. Ignorance is when you dont want to hear. I dont mind hearing, that is fine. But during his recent performance for this year, he has not played well atall.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:53:09 AM by shivadee »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 09:50:41 AM »
ruud wont break away from man utd or just run away , as some people feel , people want him , and man utd will SELL him for $$$ lol

Again.. ??? ??? What do you mean by 'break away' or 'just run away'. noone feels that way because we all know those options do not really exist. if Ruud wants to leave ManU and ManU agrees to sell him, they would most likely sell him to the higgest bidder and make some money. Unless Ruud retires from football, or decides to become a fugitive and go into seclusion somewhere there is no such scenario where he can 'break away' from ManU or 'just run away'.  I do not think he is a free agent at the end of this season, otherwise he would be free to talk to any club and Manu would not be compensated when he moves on

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »
What manager want to buy someone, as good as they play, who walks out of a match when the team needs him the most. That is a blow to his reputation right there. It shows that he doesnt care for his team and it shows he is imature. I never liked Ruud.

you need to watch more football...Robinho refused to play for Santos to try and force a transfer to Real Madrid..where is he now? Have you ever heard about  a little Italian brat called Cassano...I won't even try to list the crap he pulled at Bari and then Roma...where is he now? One word..Romario. Slack man wherver he went. Would go home to Brazil on holiday and always come back late. Uncannily injured every year around February/March...and wanted by every team at the height of his notoriety. Mido, has now walked out on Egypt twice...if his permanent move to Tottenham falls through..there is a long list of potential buyers. The list of football bad boys is endless. Plenty stuff goes on behind the scenes that we do not evern hear about. If you are good enough, there will always be teams who want you...there will always be managers who feel they could handle your temperament...so doh let your dislike for Ruud blind you from how the world really operates....the best (and Ruud is definitely considered one of the world's best strikers...like it or not) will always land on their feet as long as age is on their side and at 29, Ruud will have no problems

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 10:08:57 AM »
we will see. But very very good points there.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 10:11:08 AM by shivadee »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 12:13:21 PM »
Or maybe he couldnt hold it whole match like Barthez and someting that urgent had to be done in the comfort of his home.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 12:23:08 PM »
Dont mistake ignorance for being angry because of a team players attitude. Ignorance is when you dont want to hear. I dont mind hearing, that is fine. But during his recent performance for this year, he has not played well atall.
Shivadee, you are not helping the situation.
Ruud's out. That's it. As one journalist said, the line of men who crossed Ferguson is long; the line of men who lived to tell the tale is non-existent.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 03:06:32 PM »
Yorke drive off from ah game when he was at Man Utd

That was the beginning of the end of the Man Utd career and both he and Fergie knew it. Ruud is out....no big deal. It just took Fergie ah long time to realize that Ruud is not a good fit.

That team use to play with 1 goalkeeper, 9 outfield players and ah cherry picker :devil: :devil:

1]; } ?>