March 29, 2024, 05:38:18 AM

Author Topic: Help settle this argument...  (Read 5870 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Help settle this argument...
« on: May 11, 2006, 07:42:12 PM »
I just had a debate with somebody about who is the best free kick taker world right now. As part of the use of getting this settled i not allowed to call any names, so you hadda nominate your own choice. Reasons to support your point would be welcomed. I have my choice in mind......but i cant name it yet. Nominees?  ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Help settle this argument...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 07:56:43 PM »
Some of my nominiees

Riquelme- doesn't score that many but..........makes the keeper save on a very high percentage of his kicks

Beckham- yes Becks.............his kicks in front of goal are not so good dese days..............but how many goals does Real score off his corners and free deliveries?

and the winner................

Juninho- d best for sometime now............always is dangerous..............on top and around the box with his kicks..........

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 08:00:04 PM »
Thank you very much Jay10. I assuming you a chelsea fan from yuh logo....just like de fella dat i had this debate with. Suprising you didnt mention lampard like he did though  ::). Anybody else??
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:01:59 PM »
Juninhois by far the best these days
the man does score an amazing 50% of his freekicks

Més que un club.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 08:05:30 PM »
I just had a debate with somebody about who is the best free kick taker world right now. As part of the use of getting this settled i not allowed to call any names, so you hadda nominate your own choice. Reasons to support your point would be welcomed. I have my choice in mind......but i cant name it yet. Nominees?  ::)

Lord. And I thought d man was quarelling between jones, latas, stern and whitley... :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 08:11:02 PM »

Lord. And I thought d man was quarelling between jones, latas, stern and whitley... :rotfl:

Me eh getting into dat now nah. We doh exploit freekicks like we should. Hopefully that goal jones score yesterday go encourage them to at least make the keeper save. But to be effective in that department....yuh need hours and hours of practice....seems like a concept foreign to us. Buh anyhow...back to the topic fuh me nah. Any more responses?

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 08:35:28 PM »
lemme touch a lil bit on meh boy jones goal...............it was a very good shot..........but i doubt das all we hav planned 4 germany man............jus run up and hit?? cmon..dere r some good football minds around d team...lets work on sumpten.................lets face facts.........unless he doh practice dat a whole lot............dat mite be d only 1 he gwan score fi a while...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 09:36:48 PM »
We have not been strong or even competitive with free kicks for a long time now.
All credit to Kenwyne Jones, but usually those run up and blast free kicks don't score.  We need somebody to bend and dip it.

Anyway, back to the topic.  Juninho is the best right now.  Before him it was Beckham and to a lesser extent Rivaldo.  Before them Mijailovic was de man. 
Roberto Carlos should be mentioned somewhere in there.
I remember when Ronaldo used to score free kicks too but he doh get to take them anymore.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 10:15:06 PM »
We have not been strong or even competitive with free kicks for a long time now.
All credit to Kenwyne Jones, but usually those run up and blast free kicks don't score.  We need somebody to bend and dip it.

Anyway, back to the topic.  Juninho is the best right now.  Before him it was Beckham and to a lesser extent Rivaldo.  Before them Mijailovic was de man. 
I remember when Ronaldo used to score free kicks too but he doh get to take them anymore.

I would love to see a clip of Ronaldo scoring a free kick. That is like Ronaldinho scoring with a header. Rarely, if ever, happens. I remember fuh de 2002 final though, he stepped up to take a free kick. Rivaldo should have taken it, could have been 1-0 much earlier, that is his bread and butter right dey.

Best FK taker right now is Juninho. Others of note are Rivaldo, Mijailovic, Van Hooijdonk, Fransisco Arce (good thing he retired from Paraguay), Roberto Carlos..Recoba and Figo when they ready

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline madmonn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 10:16:30 PM »
I'll have to say Juninho is de man ripping right now....Riquelme up there as well in my book

Offline chelsea64

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 06:40:28 AM »
Juninho has a great reputation in Europe at the moment but I'm surprised that nobody has nominated Ronaldinho.
Come on the Chels.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 06:45:07 AM »
Zidane has a very high percentage but he does not fight to take them with RC and Becks. Just follow him carefully with France and you will see also WC 98, Euro 2000, 2004

But Juninho is excellent and probably the most consistent. Ronaldinho good as well. Becks gone sour over the last two years but he still deadly.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 07:30:46 AM »
Best FK taker right now is Juninho. Others of note are Rivaldo, Mijailovic, Van Hooijdonk, Fransisco Arce (good thing he retired from Paraguay), Roberto Carlos..Recoba and Figo when they ready

Yuh on the ball horse from the time i see you talk bout Van Hooijdonk i know you on the ball, and i agree with you guys aint no one to beat Juninho now. Becks get predictable, once there is a good wall Carlos cant score so my runner up will be de boss Ronaldinho, cause he kicks unpredictable and has improved considerably in terms of accuracy.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 07:33:54 AM »
Lord like i aint understand how to quote people properly yet ???, i end up with my comments looking like a quote. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline brandisbarca

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 07:45:02 AM »
juninho because of his range too

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 07:50:25 AM »
only ronaldhino rite now.......d bestest best in evry ting... :rotfl:

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 08:40:09 AM »
I'd add to that Laurent Robert as well.

Becasue he doesn't do them on the big stage he gets oerlooked.

I certainly wouldn't say Lampard was one of the best, good yes, brilliant, no.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 08:42:41 AM »
pierre van hoijdoonk and rivaldo still bosses at free kicks yuh doh lose da
buh uda dan dem juninho have it down and ronaldinho with a second place

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 08:55:21 AM »
My impresson of the three best in oder of importance.... Ronaldino, Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho !!!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 09:08:33 AM »

Roberto Carlos has no business in this conversation. Faker.

Juninho is the best!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 10:23:56 AM »
Juninho Pernambucano!!!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 11:21:28 AM »
Juninho have dem on a lock...
but it have players like Henry and seedorf and pirlo who is take reall good free kicks.....

i remember batigol scoring a good few when he was in Italy

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 11:25:48 AM »
Mijhailovic...Serie A's all-time leading free kick scorer, and still playing for Inter (and still deadly). Pretty amazing, if you consider that he is a defender.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 02:06:53 PM »

I would love to see a clip of Ronaldo scoring a free kick. That is like Ronaldinho scoring with a header. Rarely, if ever, happens. I remember fuh de 2002 final though, he stepped up to take a free kick. Rivaldo should have taken it, could have been 1-0 much earlier, that is his bread and butter right dey.

You are both correct. Only Inter or Serie A fans would really remember, but in his second season at Inter, Ronaldo and Recoba were the direct free kick takers and I remember at least 2 going in from Ronaldo. Since the knee injury, he does not take them anymore and so it was a brief instance in his career....rare, but he was pretty good at it.

The best free kick taker is Juninho. Statistically speaking he scores more than any other and is simply more dangerous than anyone else. After him is Pierre van Hoijdoonk. Most people eh go know that because they do watch enough football outside of England, Spain and Italy...but ask anyone from Holland or Turkey who is the best and they will always say Pierre. Third is Pirlo. Watch how the ball moves with that man and you cannot explain it. He cannot even explain it...He has a different technique from all the rest and scores a lot of free kicks

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 08:44:07 PM »
Hadgi.....Galatasaaray\ Romania

dis man was tears.......had a wicked wicked shot

anyone remember he?

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile