April 19, 2024, 02:01:13 PM

Author Topic: A special connection with T&T.  (Read 7099 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
A special connection with T&T.
« on: May 29, 2006, 01:30:44 PM »
A special connection with T&T.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Leo Beenhakker has admitted that he feels a special connection with Trinidad and Tobago after working there for just over a year now and leading the twin-island republic to the 2006 World Cup.
Beenhakker was speaking in Graz when he relayed how it had been Carnival back in T&T ever since the team made it to the Germany Finals but even as he was being described as a miracle  worker, he didn’t feel there were any unrealistic occurrences.
For him, making a nation of 1.2 million people happy was a pleasant feeling.
“Ever since we qualified it's been a carnival every day in Trinidad and Tobago. It's such a small country, more of a cricket country, so everyone is excited. Everyone is obsessed with football and participating in the World Cup. We are one of the smallest nations in the world so it means a lot to the people.
“For me, it's great to be back at the world Cup; it's the greatest stage of all. It is one of the most exciting things that can happen to you if you are involved in football. What gave me a lot of satisfaction is making 1.2million people happy. That's a good feeling, I can assure you,” Beenhakker said.
“I know people say I'm a miracle worker and I am! Didn't anyone tell you? Seriously, there's no miracle at all. Everyone is always talking about culture and that the culture of England or Scotland is totally different to the Caribbean or Japanese or South American culture. That's not the point.
The point is, over the whole world there is only one football culture and if you want to be successful, because basically that's what it's all about, you have to embrace the football culture, whatever the social culture you have been brought up with. That's it.”
Having developed a close-knit relationship with the “Soca Warriors” the Dutchman said he always felt connected to the Caribbean world and he compared the different lifestyles.
“For me, at the moment, these guys might have a totally different mentality to the European guys, not better or worse, but different, and they come into my football world, and my football culture, then it's the same job whether it's in Spain, Switzerland or Saudi Arabia.
"I was already West Indian in my outlook before I went there. I am from Holland and I have always said it was probably a little mistake by God to be born there. I feel very related to the Latin American way of life.
“Having lived seven years in Spain, they are warm people, temperamental people, honest people, I love this culture. It was the same in Mexico. For me Mexico was paradise in professional and personal life. Some how I am connected to this world, this Latin American, Caribbean world. I love to be there,” Beenhakker concluded.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A special connection with T&T.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »
The true Beenie is starting to surface. First he is captured smiling, then he is seen joke pushing Bleeder and then flashing him a bright like bulb smile and now he saying that his soul really belongs to this part of the world?!!?!?

What's next Beenie? What's next?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 01:45:06 PM by Johpants »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 01:40:33 PM »
The true Beenie is starting to surface. First he is capture smiling, then he is seen joke pushing Bleeder and then flashing him a bright like bulb smile and now he saying that his sould really belongs to this part of the world?!!?!?

De babash coursing though he system slowly

Yuh eh see every picture he drinkin ah bottle , he cyah put dong de ting

All we need is ah flag woamn to serve him some sweat rice and ah cascadura  :devil:...and he go start building ah house in mayaro
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 01:54:47 PM »
The true Beenie is starting to surface. First he is capture smiling, then he is seen joke pushing Bleeder and then flashing him a bright like bulb smile and now he saying that his sould really belongs to this part of the world?!!?!?

All we need is ah flag woamn to serve him some sweat rice and ah cascadura  :devil:...and he go start building ah house in mayaro

Dutty ah sure Beenie eat rell bake n shark with pineapple ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

De babash, is punchin dey give that fella to drink.  Punchin mix wid a cute little Trini gyal.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 04:22:11 PM »
The true Beenie is starting to surface. First he is captured smiling, then he is seen joke pushing Bleeder and then flashing him a bright like bulb smile and now he saying that his soul really belongs to this part of the world?!!?!?

hopefully a nice 4 year contract

ROGER WHERE YA! lol  ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 04:54:44 PM »
dem men hook Beenie up with some tun tun; now he cyar get the whine out he system. Beenie want more.

Either  the players like Yorke, Latas or JW or the Trini manager must ah hook him up with ah relative.
Beenie  get whipped !!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 05:15:12 PM »
dem men hook Beenie up with some tun tun; now he cyar get the whine out he system. Beenie want more.

Either  the players like Yorke, Latas or JW or the Trini manager must ah hook him up with ah relative.

Where allyuh does get to spell wine, "WHINE" from breds?

Ah noticin dat trend happenin more and more.  Ah know some jamaican's does spell it so....now it surprisin me to see increasingly more and more trinis spellin it as "whine".  WININ is a Trinbago term.  Is we coin dat word....and now is a nex example of how we culture (includin language) jes bein lorse to sumting else.

Not on topic but is a pet peeve of MHINE.  Lemmeh see if ah could reinvent de spellin of dat dey word.  No offence anyway.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 09:16:15 PM »
beenie oh gorm

like yuh home boss talk to jack and build a house in morvant nah i go handle yuh wit level freaks
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 09:20:33 PM »
Nice nice.....so dat mean it have a chance he go be here after the 9th of july ent??? good. Dat cascadura does work wonders.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 09:45:49 AM »
Get the man a passport and make him a Trini he done more Trini than plenty people who born here.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 11:09:06 AM »

Dutty ah sure Beenie eat rell bake n shark with pineapple ;D
you see how you like to stir up sh!t  :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 11:58:51 AM »

Where allyuh does get to spell wine, "WHINE" from breds?

Ah noticin dat trend happenin more and more.  Ah know some jamaican's does spell it so....now it surprisin me to see increasingly more and more trinis spellin it as "whine".  WININ is a Trinbago term.  Is we coin dat word....and now is a nex example of how we culture (includin language) jes bein lorse to sumting else.

Not on topic but is a pet peeve of MHINE.  Lemmeh see if ah could reinvent de spellin of dat dey word.  No offence anyway.

drink some wine and stop whining  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 01:05:47 PM »
Saddist I nearly loos meh wok the way i laugh out after i see that comment  allyuh trini is really de greatest yes

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 02:55:20 PM »
Beenie for Prime Minister

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 08:43:29 PM »
ah hear yuh palos, but ah feel yuh really meant to say MHINES?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>