March 28, 2024, 05:23:10 AM

Author Topic: From a Swedish perspective  (Read 13306 times)

Offline BigSwede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: From a Swedish perspective
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 08:42:33 AM »
 :) It will be a big game for both teams on the 10th I think. Opening matches are always difficult, a lot of nerves, everyones hopes are still up, anything can happen. Sweden doesn't have the best of records regarding opening matches in the world cup: Italia -90 lost to Brazil 1-2, USA -94 lost to Cameroon 1-2, Japan -02 1-1 draw against England. Still, Sweden won the bronze medal in -94, and advanced from the group stage in -02 from a group consisting of England, Argentina and Nigeria.

So even if the opening game may seem vitally important, it doen't have to matter all that much in the end. Lets hope for an entertaining match with a fair result in the end (2-1 to sweden sounds about right to anyone? ;))

truetrini

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 08:46:38 AM »
:) It will be a big game for both teams on the 10th I think. Opening matches are always difficult, a lot of nerves, everyones hopes are still up, anything can happen. Sweden doesn't have the best of records regarding opening matches in the world cup: Italia -90 lost to Brazil 1-2, USA -94 lost to Cameroon 1-2, Japan -02 1-1 draw against England. Still, Sweden won the bronze medal in -94, and advanced from the group stage in -02 from a group consisting of England, Argentina and Nigeria.

So even if the opening game may seem vitally important, it doen't have to matter all that much in the end. Lets hope for an entertaining match with a fair result in the end (2-1 to sweden sounds about right to anyone? ;))

BigSwede, let me warn you about something we call "goat mouth"

Most non-trini supporters who come here boasting about their team's prowess and superiority over The T&T Soca Warriors, usually disappear after playing us...oftentimes with their tails firmly betwixt their legs!

Just a word of warning.

P.S.   Do you like beet on your crow?

Offline BigSwede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 08:47:28 AM »
Marin Dahlin quit football after sustaining a backinjury som years ago, and promply started a shirt and shoe-label (perhaps inspired by teammate Tomas Brolin's decision to start a company selling everything from vacuum cleaning equipment to shirts and shoes) I think business is quite good for his company and I havn't seen him on any sports shows lately. He worked as a football commentator for a while, but not in the last few years.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 08:48:37 AM »

(2-1 to sweden sounds about right to anyone? ;))
Over England, sure you guys could beat them 2-1 8)....welcome to the board and good luck in the WC
well yes

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 08:50:19 AM »

Offline BigSwede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 08:51:22 AM »
Fair warning truetrini. Can one hope (rather than boast)?

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 08:53:33 AM »
Fair warning truetrini. Can one hope (rather than boast)?

Yes my friend...hope away.

OI spent 6 months in Karlskrona back in the 1980's.

Had a blast...gotta love Swedish womern..

Offline BigSwede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 08:54:51 AM »
You seem to have a strangely intimate knowledge of poultry, Trini...  ;)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 08:56:13 AM »
ahahaha
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline BigSwede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 08:57:04 AM »
we're spoiled, I know  ;D

truetrini

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 09:01:40 AM »

hahahahaha learned it all from my time in Karlskrona

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 09:01:51 AM »
Swede spy!!!lol... welcome!!!uhh... we dont use the 4-3-3 formation but rather more for the 4-5-1... our team will use 4-4-2 quite effectively and will provide an extremely tough challenge for ur team... especially if corneal glenn is fit to play... do ur research on him... lol

Dear Big Swede ... welcome ... its cool to know you are trying to learn obout our country ... thanks for the info on your team also ... but I ce was incorrect we will be using Brian Lara as our main striker, whit a fella named Chanders as his partner ... please relay this message to your coaching staff ... by the way we will also be using Ato Boldon in goal ... if you need any more info i will be happy to provide it ...
Dont forget Bertille St. Clair playing holding midfielder alongside Bob-marley and Cro-Cro.  I think they playin 1-3-5
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline BigSwede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 09:06:58 AM »
hm - maybe thats why the call the Karlskrona region "the farm of Sweden"... and I'm starting to understand why you seem to have liked your stay there ;)

well - 5p.m. here, another working day done, se you tomorrow, and thanks for the welcome to your forum!

truetrini

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 09:14:08 AM »
You stop lying.  You know Karlskrona ois a wonderful Naval Town.

I really loved it there.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 09:22:23 AM »

The more you talk to TrueTrini the more you'll find the kinds of knowledge he has quite strange indeed. ;D

PSSSSSTT a word of advise Big Swede, don't breach the topic of FIFA vice president and Trinidad and Tobago national Jack Warner. :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 09:33:07 AM »
sweden dead
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 09:56:50 AM »
tjena bigswede hur är det, var är sverige bor du??.Well i am a trini living in sweden and it interesting to see that you are here on our site yes the stories in the aftonbladet and expressen here have not said the best about our team and that really upsets me.jag har t.o.m skrivit till dom om det men men....iaf VÄLKOMMEN to socawarriors.net

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 10:04:06 AM »
well thanks Big Swede for the inside info we will make sure it get's to the right people.  :rotfl:

What you don't know will not hurt you

Offline BigSwede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 10:25:43 AM »
I'm not lying truetrini, although Karlskrona is a wonderful naval town it is also a major city in the region of Blekinge - also known as "the farm of Sweden", supposedly for all the grain produced in the area, but now I think we know the real reason for that epithet  :).

Hi Airforce, I'm from Umea (thus at a safe distance from the dubious animal lovers of Blekinge), and I will follow your example and write to our major newspapers concerning the total lack of acual reporting on, well any team really, but in particular T&T and Paraguay. The only in depth football reporting and analysis in print, I think, can be found in a monthly football magazine called Offside.

I hope things are better for you guys in T&T, who are your best football reporters and where do they write?

So truetrini, I hear you like Jack Warner...  ;) Personally I find Sepp Blatter to be the real b*stard in the FIFA organization, in everything the man does - from bribing his way into the position to skimming money, escalating the nepothism etc. There seem to be alot of that going around these days (Juve, Berlusconi)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 10:57:19 AM »
welcome bigswde but sorry you and ur blonde row boat team will lose on the 10th

sorry

Sweden 0  TnT 2
Sweden 1 Paraguay 1
England 4  Sweden 1 (sven will end the jinx)

Offline P3 (from Sweden)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
I think we gonna have the greatest game ever and in whole tournament !!! :devil:

I think we gonna have a great game and Party before/during/after etc........

Because i know how u guys can party!!!!

SO see yaa in Germany ????

-P3

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
On da rizzle!!

Just bring plenty of your wimmenz!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
you'll might not want to party afterwards but you're all welcome to join us :party: :wavetowel: :chilling: :clown:

Offline P3 (from Sweden)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
 :beermug: :rotfl:  OF Course i gonna Party !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   and of Course we gonna win over you  :D
It´s gonna be a fantastic game for both of us ......

STAMINA !!!

See yaa in Germany.... 

Offline P3 (from Sweden)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Of course i gonna bring some girlyssssssssss!!! :devil:

Offline P3 (from Sweden)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
On da rizzle!!

Just bring plenty of your wimmenz!!
hahahahahahahhahah  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:. yeah man de game go be good.  u guys will win...hey u ever hear de expression. playing dead to catch corbeau(vulture) aliive.

Yes !!! Sweden often play really bad against other bad teamz !!
Other side we play really good against good teamz like England etc......

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
Tell the girllysss(once they are legal age) and the wimmenz(not the menz who like to play wimmenz) to come visit Trinidad after the cup and they'll see the real party. You could come too but yuh must bring at least 3 girls with you.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline P3 (from Sweden)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
lol u syaing we r really bad ?? lol...y thanks so much.  your a brave soul i must say. go into an englad forum and say somethign subtly derrogatory like what u just did. they will find u. we just dont ahve th etime or impetus. just bring the ladies. well then again then rest of guys in this room may answer u soon enough.lol

I dont say u are bad !!  ( i did   ;D, wanted reactions.......)  But u understand what i mean. I think u guys can go futher than most teamz. U maybe are the new Kamerun??

Let the best team win !!!!!

But its gonna be a big party anyway !!!!!!!

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
lol u syaing we r really bad ?? lol...y thanks so much.  your a brave soul i must say. go into an englad forum and say somethign subtly derrogatory like what u just did. they will find u. we just dont ahve th etime or impetus. just bring the ladies. well then again then rest of guys in this room may answer u soon enough.lol

I dont say u are bad !!  ( i did   ;D, wanted reactions.......)  But u understand what i mean. I think u guys can go futher than most teamz. U maybe are the new Kamerun??

Bring some of whatever you smoking too....

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile

Bring some of whatever you smoking too....

HA I was jus on the chat room with P3 the man is tears oui, he sound like he partying from now till the final match. As long as he bring some ah dem Swedish girls :P :o :o

1]; } ?>