March 28, 2024, 02:53:16 PM

Author Topic: Yasin Abu Bakr Thread  (Read 41595 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamal Shabazz: 1990 coup bid calls for serious analysis
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2011, 02:53:24 PM »
Whoa.  Even the muslimeen asking for an inquiryn :o

It's ridiculous that we haven't had anything.  What the history books supposed to say?  Do we have a proper record   ???  

I don't know if our judicial process failed us or not with the pardon but one thing for sure is that we have had some very negative consequences as a result and still paying the price.

I wonder if Shabazz realise how lucky he is to have any freedom because sometimes when he talks about these hardships...ie. 53 days detention in the US...I wonder if he understands how small that is compared to what he should have been serving in jail given what they did.  Still sounds like they feel some amount of justification for what they did even if he believes it could have been done better.  Worrying message we have sent as a country on consequences to assaulting our democracy.

Exactly! You basically hold a country at gun point and talk about struggles! Buh wah de arse is this! What about people who had to go through the trauma of the coup? I had two friends who were at the National Stadium watching a Shell Caribbean Cup match between T&T and Jamaica at the time of the coup. His brother was at my house and I remember both of us worrying about his brothers.

:bs:  I swear, some trinidians is as soft as sh!t. every country that champions democracy freedom and justice for the masses had in some way fought against or over thrown their oppressors.

how de fack you think the british got trinidad from the spaniards, they invaded them!! and this still happens today as we've seen in iraq and now seeing in libya. the americans fought two wars with britain their colonial masters, and a civil war that lasted quite a while losin thousands in the process.

as much as you may hate it, sometimes these thing are necessary and @ that point in time in T&T the poor were being severely oppressed, that's why there was such ah mass exodus in T&T. even indians who were well to do was running canada seekin political asylum status sayin how nayger rapin and oppressin dem. yeh they were being raped and oppressed, but it was the government who was doing it.  :rotfl:

i remember up till chambers time when you coulda just walk in the embassy the same day and got a visa, that's how lacks and comfortable the country was, but come late eighties early nineties when the recession hit, there wasn't enough stamps in the embassy to issue visas.

as ah matter of fact i remember coming home in 1990 and saw ppl sleepin in front the embassy and sellin the spots to first comers for as much as $150 which was good money back then.

now there's something to be said about a place where ppl are so desperate to flee, and if ppl were so desperate to flee it, imagine what else they wouldn't do.  even i woulda pick up arms after what i saw fellas like O'halleran moonan and certain government ministers were gettin away with while we the lest fortunate had tuh eat grass to survive.

PS: bredder, back in the mid to late eighties yuh could'nt even get a wuk mixin cement or woss yet, washin cars for a rental or insurance company, trust meh, i tried! and whether yuh believe it or not, those are the right conditions for an up rising.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:56:24 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »
^^^Please, NONE of that bullshit you just type even begins to explain or justify what these treacherous murderers did with that coup.  Every other situation you describe with people having to rise up against oppressors didn't have a democratic process in place for doing so.  Elections was one year away... agitate at the ballot box, don't take the law into yuh own hands.  These cowards walk up to a policeman on the steps of the Red House and pretend to ask for directions... soon as he raise he hand to point they shoot him twice point blank in he head.  Another one at the guard house they shoot, drive the car over him and set him on fire.  And you talking about all ah dis was necessary??

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2011, 03:34:46 PM »
Whoa.  Even the muslimeen asking for an inquiryn :o

It's ridiculous that we haven't had anything.  What the history books supposed to say?  Do we have a proper record   ???  

I don't know if our judicial process failed us or not with the pardon but one thing for sure is that we have had some very negative consequences as a result and still paying the price.

I wonder if Shabazz realise how lucky he is to have any freedom because sometimes when he talks about these hardships...ie. 53 days detention in the US...I wonder if he understands how small that is compared to what he should have been serving in jail given what they did.  Still sounds like they feel some amount of justification for what they did even if he believes it could have been done better.  Worrying message we have sent as a country on consequences to assaulting our democracy.

Exactly! You basically hold a country at gun point and talk about struggles! Buh wah de arse is this! What about people who had to go through the trauma of the coup? I had two friends who were at the National Stadium watching a Shell Caribbean Cup match between T&T and Jamaica at the time of the coup. His brother was at my house and I remember both of us worrying about his brothers.

:bs:  I swear, some trinidians is as soft as sh!t. every country that champions democracy freedom and justice for the masses had in some way fought against or over thrown their oppressors.

how de fack you think the british got trinidad from the spaniards, they invaded them!! and this still happens today as we've seen in iraq and now seeing in libya. the americans fought two wars with britain their colonial masters, and a civil war that lasted quite a while losin thousands in the process.

as much as you may hate it, sometimes these thing are necessary and @ that point in time in T&T the poor were being severely oppressed, that's why there was such ah mass exodus in T&T. even indians who were well to do was running canada seekin political asylum status sayin how nayger rapin and oppressin dem. yeh they were being raped and oppressed, but it was the government who was doing it.  :rotfl:

i remember up till chambers time when you coulda just walk in the embassy the same day and got a visa, that's how lacks and comfortable the country was, but come late eighties early nineties when the recession hit, there wasn't enough stamps in the embassy to issue visas.

as ah matter of fact i remember coming home in 1990 and saw ppl sleepin in front the embassy and sellin the spots to first comers for as much as $150 which was good money back then.

now there's something to be said about a place where ppl are so desperate to flee, and if ppl were so desperate to flee it, imagine what else they wouldn't do.  even i woulda pick up arms after what i saw fellas like O'halleran moonan and government ministers were gettin away with while we the lest fortunate had tuh eat grass to survive.

PS: bredder, back in the mid to late eighties yuh could'nt even get a wuk mixin cement or woss yet, washin cars for a rental or insurance company, trust meh, i tried! and whether yuh believe it or not, those are the right conditions for an up rising.

I hear what you are saying, but I was eleven years old at the time and was very traumatised by the experience. Also, in my experience at the time, T&T was (still is?) a relatively peaceful country. It wasn't as if this was Israel or some other conflict-prone area, where disturbances of this type are commonplace. When the coup occurred, I didn't even know what a coup was! As an eleven-year-old, I had to look up the word in the dictionary. In fact, my first association with the word was the 1990 insurrection.

Even twenty-one years later as an older and more experienced human being, I still can't condone what the Jamaat did. As Bakes quite rightly said, what they did was a cowardly act and there were other avenues to address their grievances with the T&T government. Vote the scamps out if you don't like how things are being run.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2011, 03:45:37 PM »
^^^Please, NONE of that bullshit you just type even begins to explain or justify what these treacherous murderers did with that coup.  Every other situation you describe with people having to rise up against oppressors didn't have a democratic process in place for doing so.  Elections was one year away... agitate at the ballot box, don't take the law into yuh own hands.  These cowards walk up to a policeman on the steps of the Red House and pretend to ask for directions... soon as he raise he hand to point they shoot him twice point blank in he head.  Another one at the guard house they shoot, drive the car over him and set him on fire.  And you talking about all ah dis was necessary??
So what you saying, you have full confidence in the democratic process? the ppl in egypt had the democratic process, but did that help them? same in syria and bahrain! i don't expect you to understand BC fellas like you never experience hardship or hunger one day in allyuh lives so violent resistance might be ah hard concept to grasp.

all i could go by is basic human nature, yuh fack wid a thing long enough it will turn on you, and no amount ah rational could change that! yes what abu did was facked up and i'm not exonerating that! i actually believe he saw an opportunity for himself and took advantage of the less privileged,

and i will go as far as to blame him for the gun culture that now permeates T&T society, but i will have to exonerate the young fellas like shabbazz whom he influenced.  BTW i don't know this man, but i have friends who do, and this man is no slough, he's an extremely influential man, and we all know what that could do to an impressionable desperate yute.

even i consider my self to be level headed and thoughtful, but i have to be honest, the last fews yrs of my life in T&T had me doing some real unscrupulous things to get by, and  me being the same age as shabbazz, i don't know if i was offered the opportunity to have a better existence if i would've had the fortitude to resist.

BTW sharks, i had a lot of breddren that took part in the insurrection. i remember back then we all had revolutionary views, we didn't sit down on the corner like other fellas suting girls all day, but rather were involved in political groups and activism in the community center, that's where abu got most of his recruits, behind the bridge, amongst the desperate "young" ppl who hope had eluded. they even had guys as young as 14 in that coup, when saying so, jah david the well known G unit gangster was one of them, he was just 13 yrs old.. believe it or not.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:20:16 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »
So what you saying, you have full confidence in the democratic process? the ppl in egypt had the democratic process, but did that help them? same in syria and bahrain! i don't expect you to understand BC fellas like you never experience hardship or hunger one day in allyuh lives so violent resistance might be ah hard concept to grasp.

Right because you know my situation and where I come from right?  Look fella f**k you and the horse yuh ride in on yes.  I ent even bothering read the rest of what yuh type, leh we leave it there.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:28:47 PM by Bakes »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2011, 09:21:59 PM »
 ???

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2011, 09:48:30 PM »

all i could go by is basic human nature, yuh fack wid a thing long enough it will turn on you, and no amount ah rational could change that! yes what abu did was facked up and i'm not exonerating that! i actually believe he saw an opportunity for himself and took advantage of the less privileged,

and i will go as far as to blame him for the gun culture that now permeates T&T society, but i will have to exonerate the young fellas like shabbazz whom he influenced.  BTW i don't know this man, but i have friends who do, and this man is no slough, he's an extremely influential man, and we all know what that could do to an impressionable desperate yute.

even i consider my self to be level headed and thoughtful, but i have to be honest, the last fews yrs of my life in T&T had me doing some real unscrupulous things to get by, and  me being the same age as shabbazz, i don't know if i was offered the opportunity to have a better existence if i would've had the fortitude to resist.

BTW sharks, i had a lot of breddren that took part in the insurrection. i remember back then we all had revolutionary views, we didn't sit down on the corner like other fellas suting girls all day, but rather were involved in political groups and activism in the community center, that's where abu got most of his recruits, behind the bridge, the desperate "young" ppl. they even had guys as young as 14 in that coup, when saying so, jah david the well known G unit gangster was one of them, he was just 13 yrs old.. believe it or not.

One of my bredrin get caught up in that, he was one of the younger ones and he came from a very good and respectable home. He had nothing to worry about. His dad had a good job, his mom did well, his sister had and brother were always quiet attending church and getting good grades.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2011, 05:31:21 AM »

Right because you know my situation and where I come from right?  Look fella f**k you and the horse yuh ride in on yes.  I ent even bothering read the rest of what yuh type, leh we leave it there.
Yuhs the quintessential educated snub nose arrogant trini yes. instead ah reasoning wid ah fella yuh choose the road of ignorance which is tuh cuss and show yuh asre instead ah being graceful under fire.

it's like you does cruse the site just tuh find ppl tuh break on oui. as soon as something eh sit right with you is all kinda forkin arsehole names yuh does want to be callin big men. all i did was mention that you might be ah sheltered kid BC of your accomplishments in life, no body eh saying yuh soft or yuhs ah mamas boy. i implied that you might be one of the fellas who parents kept you from the harsh realities of life, unlike fellas like me who was thrown to the wolves.

and the only reason i did that is BC college and law school eh cheap, and it's easy to assume that ah fella's parents was looking out for him from day one. what so wrong wid that? yes i could be ded wrong about you but it was not meant in no wise to malign or be disrespectful to you, actually it was more of a compliment than a put down, so why in the hell is your blood so close to your skin??!!

yuh know how much i wish i had someone to shelter me from some of the jackassness i've witnessed and experienced.  you need to chill with all that arrogance bro, no matter what kinda sh!t ah man spew, @ the end of the day we're still grown ups on this site and we all deserve ah little respect, if not more, together with some kindness and understanding, instead of all this fack you and fack off and kiss this and kiss that, that's so classless and uncouth.   :puking:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:38:18 AM by just cool »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2011, 05:53:48 AM »
Seriously, are we going to argue this? JC do you know Bakes story as much as he knows yours?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2011, 07:09:19 AM »
all i did was mention that you might be ah sheltered kid BC of your accomplishments in life,

And when yuh typed those words is when you shoulda stop right dey and reconsider posting.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2011, 08:14:08 AM »
jc yuh come back from yuh hiatus and still talking ah crocus bag ah ass?  Yuh real talk shit, ah mean more shit dan yuh does usualy spew when yuh talking about Islam...lol

Oh gorm boy.  Abu and dem Ohhaoran and dem was long gone, this was the NAR not de PNM and as Bakes said them f**king murerers eh no f**king set ah robin hood merry men, dey was asshole terrorists..fire fr you for endorsing dat f**keries.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2011, 06:07:29 PM »
jc yuh come back from yuh hiatus and still talking ah crocus bag ah ass?  Yuh real talk shit, ah mean more shit dan yuh does usualy spew when yuh talking about Islam...lol

Oh gorm boy.  Abu and dem Ohhaoran and dem was long gone, this was the NAR not de PNM and as Bakes said them f**king murerers eh no f**king set ah robin hood merry men, dey was asshole terrorists..fire fr you for endorsing dat f**keries.

Oh dear True Trini.....please do tell us how you really feel about JC's post..... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »

@ least i don't have tuh talk behind ah curtain. wid me what yuh see is what yuh get 100%. some ah allyuh have tuh assume another identity in order tuh say how allyuh really feel without looking like ah schmuck.

sometimes i does want tuh feel you and B&S is one in the same by the way allyuh like tuh talk down tuh grown ups like despised orphan children. it's like yuhs can't seem to agree to disagree without getting on like boar hogs! barking and cussin @ ppl allyuh don't know, or ever seen.

this is one of the reasons i kinda blank this forum. BC a lot of ppl miss the premise of this forum, it's a "discussion" forum! that means ppl are going to say some absurd things that would make you wonder, others would say things that you may totally endorse, but @ the end of the day no one has the right to dominate this forum like we in primary school.

if allyuh want stimulating profound convos then join the harvard almamata site. you and sharks , that is if yuhs is not the same individual. yuhs two is the epitome of educated middle class trinis, love tuh show off on ppl, by cussin and admonishing grown folks with sharp tongues. 

that's why i kinda glad them young duncy lil ghetto boys have allyuh ( middle class educated hogs) livin scared in allyuh own home land, not that i'm endorsing that, but glad just the same. BC it will keep some ah allyuh in fackin check. that's why allyuh does come on here and cuss ppl up and down with reckless abandonment, that's BC allyuh too fackin scared tuh do it in person BC yuhs might catch ah unpleasant surprise.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:07:28 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »
all i did was mention that you might be ah sheltered kid BC of your accomplishments in life,

And when yuh typed those words is when you shoulda stop right dey and reconsider posting.......
Ask me if i give ah solitary fack!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2011, 09:17:18 PM »
ahhh ... feels like home again.

JC, you eh see I start a thread asking where you was.

Welcome back.  :beermug:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2011, 10:59:25 PM »

Yuh have tuh excuse me but i may have jumped the gun on my reply. truth is i really didn't get the jest of your post when coming to think of it, please explain if it's not too much trouble.

truetrini

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »

Yuh have tuh excuse me but i may have jumped the gun on my reply. truth is i really didn't get the jest of your post when coming to think of it, please explain if it's not too much trouble.

yuh likes jumping on man gun eh?   Yuh is ah nasty fella.  Yuh does talk about hiding behind identity..I is Trinity Cross and I is just cool with who I is...now hush before I spank yuh and make yuh lie dong by yuh dish in de kitchen.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2011, 09:45:47 AM »
Now TT...why yuh acting so vulgar.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHHtTPH8Nkg
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2011, 08:06:32 PM »

@ least i don't have tuh talk behind ah curtain. wid me what yuh see is what yuh get 100%. some ah allyuh have tuh assume another identity in order tuh say how allyuh really feel without looking like ah schmuck.

sometimes i does want tuh feel you and B&S is one in the same by the way allyuh like tuh talk down tuh grown ups like despised orphan children. it's like yuhs can't seem to agree to disagree without getting on like boar hogs! barking and cussin @ ppl allyuh don't know, or ever seen.

this is one of the reasons i kinda blank this forum. BC a lot of ppl miss the premise of this forum, it's a "discussion" forum! that means ppl are going to say some absurd things that would make you wonder, others would say things that you may totally endorse, but @ the end of the day no one has the right to dominate this forum like we in primary school.

if allyuh want stimulating profound convos then join the harvard almamata site. you and sharks , that is if yuhs is not the same individual. yuhs two is the epitome of educated middle class trinis, love tuh show off on ppl, by cussin and admonishing grown folks with sharp tongues. 

that's why i kinda glad them young duncy lil ghetto boys have allyuh ( middle class educated hogs) livin scared in allyuh own home land, not that i'm endorsing that, but glad just the same. BC it will keep some ah allyuh in fackin check. that's why allyuh does come on here and cuss ppl up and down with reckless abandonment, that's BC allyuh too fackin scared tuh do it in person BC yuhs might catch ah unpleasant surprise.

I say I wasn't going tuh respond to you any further on this eh, in part because I don't see the need for no setta long back and forth.  But let's get it clear, I didn't call you any "forkin arsehole names" nor did I talk down to you... I told you what yuh could do with yuhself.  How you take that is up to you.  I am genuinely baffled by the fact that you somehow feel yuh entitled to a dignified rational response to the ignorance you posted. 

You take my unwillingness to accept the excuses you offer as liberty to make all kinda uneducated (and off-base) assumptions about my upbringing... 'bout how I musta never gone hungry one day in my life, on the basis of what... that I choose to educate myself?  You know what kinda sacrifices I make in order to pay for my education or what kinda student loan debt I carrying to come with that kinda foolish talk?  steups

truetrini

« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »
One crocus bag ah ass he always talking.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2011, 04:46:42 PM »
Even if one does go hungry at times in life, does that in some way or the other justify lawlessness? Everyone can claim that their life has been difficult at some point in time but not everyone turns into a bandit or murderer. A lot of people fail to realise that everyone had an equal chance to succeed in life. Yeah some people have some connections but education in Trinidad and Tobago being free offer alot of opportunity for those really seeking it. People now claiming injustice and unfairness are usually the same persons who never took school seriously, were disruptive in class and then grew up to realise that the world isn't fair and you do need to work hard to gain everything. People like that get no sympathy from me at all. There are too many examples of people who have risen above poverty and hardship to make something of their lives and contribute to society.

truetrini

« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
ent dey say dem is african and dat Africa is de final destination?  Send dem back to africa and let dem eat hog meat

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2011, 06:18:24 PM »

I say I wasn't going tuh respond to you any further on this eh, in part because I don't see the need for no setta long back and forth.  But let's get it clear, I didn't call you any "forkin arsehole names" nor did I talk down to you... I told you what yuh could do with yuhself.  How you take that is up to you.  I am genuinely baffled by the fact that you somehow feel yuh entitled to a dignified rational response to the ignorance you posted. 

You take my unwillingness to accept the excuses you offer as liberty to make all kinda uneducated (and off-base) assumptions about my upbringing... 'bout how I musta never gone hungry one day in my life, on the basis of what... that I choose to educate myself?  You know what kinda sacrifices I make in order to pay for my education or what kinda student loan debt I carrying to come with that kinda foolish talk?  steups
Breddren is real small ting yuh eatin up yuhself for king. like i said before, i meant it in ah complementary manner and not disrespectful in the least. as yuh know, it's not my style to attack ppl unless they step out of bounds wid me, but odder dan dat, it's rare that i show my fangs unprovoked.

like i said before, yuhs ah kinda quarrelsome fella and does find it hard tuh over look some simple tings and go on cool about it. yuh say that yuh don't want tuh go on wid the long talk back and foth, and i not in the argument ting neither, so i will take the high road on this and sincerely apologize, BC my intention was never to malign or disrespect.   since when growing up well taken care of is ah disrespect? ::) sometimes life does elude me yes.                                                  :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:56:37 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2011, 06:29:07 PM »
ent dey say dem is african and dat Africa is de final destination?  Send dem back to africa and let dem eat hog meat
Yuh know, if i was ah new member coming on here for the first time and read some of the slop you take precious time to type, especially if i was ah foreigner from a first world country, i would think that you were the biggest moron to ever sit behind ah computer keyboard.   :notlistening:

you really need to get ah life and stop makin a  :clown: of yuhself on the WWW.  as for that monkey cratch you just typed, have you no shame man?  yuh sound like one ah dem ole asses who used to fight down rastas in the early seventies, only to grow ah dread two decades later.   :joker:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2011, 07:36:24 PM »
Breddren is real small ting yuh eatin up yuhself for king. like i said before, i meant it in ah complementary manner and not disrespectful in the least. as yuh know, it's not my style to attack ppl unless they step out of bounds wid me, but odder dan dat, it's rare that i show my fangs unprovoked.

like i said before, yuhs ah kinda quarrelsome fella and does find it hard tuh over look some simple tings and go on cool about it. yuh say that yuh don't want tuh go on wid the long talk back and foth, and i not in the argument ting neither, so i will take the high road on this and sincerely apologize, BC my intention was never to malign or disrespect.   since when growing up well taken care of is ah disrespect? ::) sometime life does elude me yes.                                                  :beermug:

De apology is appreciated but not necessary where I concerned, disagreements happen all the time we address it and move on.  That being said doh come with this talk making it seem like my response was so irrational and unreasonable.  Yuh didn't just say or imply that I was "taken care of"... you implied that I was somehow out of touch with the reality of what life is for people who struggling because I never had to struggle ah day in my life.  Yuh didn't qualify the statement with a "maybe" or a "probably" or ah "I feel".  Yuh juss assumed I juss born and reach whey I is without struggling. Life was never easy fuh me, trust me I have stories I could tell... but that doh make me special.  Like many others I just didn't let challenges limit my achievement.  These fellas who get caught up in the coup made the wrong decision, full stop.

But anyways, it done over and done with arready.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:40:53 PM by Bakes »

truetrini

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »
Yuh know, if i was ah new member coming on here for the first time and read some of the slop you take precious time to type, especially if i was ah foreigner from a first world country, i would think that you were the biggest moron to ever sit behind ah computer keyboard.   :notlistening:

you really need to get ah life and stop makin a  :clown: of yuhself on the WWW.  as for that monkey cratch you just typed, have you no shame man?  yuh sound like one ah dem ole asses who used to fight down rastas in the early seventies, only to grow ah dread two decades later.   :joker:

You think?  Doh make me laff here.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2011, 05:59:37 AM »
Anyone for ah Carib or Stag....?? :beermug:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2011, 11:18:50 AM »

I highly doubt that............. 8)
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Crying Jamaal Shabazz admits: It was a heinous act.
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2011, 05:05:04 AM »
Robbie knew of Jamaat threat
By Andre Bagoo (Newsday).
Saturday, October 29 2011

THERE were clear warnings on the “sinister” activities of the Jamaat al Muslimeem which former Prime Minister ANR Robinson should have picked up on in the months and weeks leading to the events of 1990, former Special Branch deputy director of Police Mervyn Guiseppi said yesterday.

Testifying at the commission of enquiry into the events of July 1990, Guiseppi said the Special Branch – the country’s then premiere security body – issued a series of reports warning the former prime minister and a former minister of National Security of the “sinister designs” of the Jamaat, which included plans to take action against the State in “early 1990” and to assassinate unspecified NAR Cabinet members.

The Special Branch, Guiseppi said, had clear information that the Jamaat were a threat to national security and to the stability of the government long before July 1990.

This information was communicated to Robinson and the minister of National Security at an unspecified date after 1987 and before the 1990 attempted insurrection unfolded.

“I can say so categorically,” Guiseppi said when asked whether the Special Branch had made known its views to the political directorate. “It was sent to the prime minister and the minister of National Security.”

Asked by enquiry counsel Avory Sinanan SC if anyone acted on the reports, Guiseppi said, “No. To the best of my knowledge the persons concerned did not act on them.”

“They ought to have drawn the links. They ought to have tied the dots together,” he added.

Among the information which the Special Branch had gathered were reports which showed that:

– in 1989 Jamaat henchman Bilal Abdullah held a meeting with eight Jamaat members informing them they would take action to attempt a coup in “early 1990”;

– members of the Islamic sect were planning to assassinate several NAR Cabinet members and this was, according to some reports, linked to the shooting at a car carrying the wife of the then president Noor Hassanali, Zalayhar. There was a report that the car carrying the wife of the president was mistaken for Robinson’s car.

– Jamaat leader Abu Bakr, by 1986/1987, was travelling to Libya, a country with open sympathies for terrorists; 25 Jamaat members were sent for training in Libya;

– eight members of the Defence Force and “four or five” members of the Police Service had joined with the Jamaat and there was an “aggressive” membership drive with camps at mosques and forested areas including Rio Claro; Cumaca; Toco; and Blanchisseuse.

– as far back as 1982, Bakr was seeking to smuggle guns into the country and AK 47s were found at a St James mosque.

So much information came in, Guiseppi said, the Special Branch held a meeting on the Wednesday before the July 27 events because it had come to the view that an attack was “imminent”.

“The Wednesday before the coup, I held a weekly meeting with all the members of the Special Branch,” he said. “We knew it was imminent... We would not tell the political directorate that it would happen at 6 pm on July 27, but we knew it was happening. We had no doubt, absolutely no doubt in our minds that a coup was imminent.”

Guiseppi, who was the deputy head of the Special Branch at the time, said he did not communicate this view over the imminence of the threat but noted that responsibility would have fallen to the then Special Branch head Dalton Harvey.

Guiseppi said he was not willing to put his head on a block to confirm that Harvey had warned Robinson directly, but this was “more than likely.”

Guiseppi noted that the Special Branch ascertained that one month after the NAR came into power in 1986, the Jamaat’s resentment for the government intensified with the Jamaat claiming the NAR had reneged on promises made on the 1986 campaign trail. He said there was never any information of the Jamaat assisting the NAR during its 1986 campaign.

The Special Branch noted public comments and threats made by Bakr and took them seriously, he said. Guiseppi said Special Branch forwarded reports to the political directorate in relation to Bakr’s trips to Libya. Bakr, he said, was linked to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s so-called Caribbean plan. (Gaddafi was slain on October 20, 2011 by rebels in Libya.)

“By 1986/1987 it was known to the world that Libya had 20 training camps and had been sponsoring terrorist activity worldwide, welcoming hijackers, providing logistical support. Libya was also accused of using diplomatic cover to transport arms and ammunition and to give terrorists passports.” This, he said, should have raised the alarm.

“It ought to have rung a bell in the heads of the political directorate,” he said. “That should have sent up some red flags.”

There were clear gaps in security measures to track nationals visiting countries of special interest such as Libya, he indicated.

In relation to the plots to kill members of the NAR Cabinet, Special Branch had intelligence suggesting that the Jamaat had placed Cabinet members under surveillance. This information, he said, was passed on to the “political directorate”.

“I indicated that they had sinister designs,” he said. “In plain language they were making preliminary moves to assassinate them.” He said there was intelligence which suggested that these plans may have been behind an incident which occurred involving Zalayhar Hassanali’s car when unknown persons opened fire. He said some information suggested that the attackers mistook the car for the prime minister’s.

“There were conflicting reports,” he said. “Some information suggested that. We have several theories. In one report it was thought to have been as a consequence of a family dispute.” He was unsure if any arrests were ever made but noted a person may have been picked up in the course of the investigation.

In 1982, Bakr had become Jamaat leader.

“Shortly after that in the same year, we would get information of attempts to get arms,” he said. All of the information was shared. “Not to do so would be to assume that we were collaborating with the Jamaat al Muslimeen,” he said. “It would have been inconceivable.”

At one stage, reports from agents intensified.

“Because of the proliferation of reports we were getting; we used to send the monthly intelligence report on a weekly basis,” Guiseppi said.

The enquiry continues on Monday at the Caribbean Court of Justice, Henry Street, Port-of-Spain.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Crying Jamaal Shabazz admits: It was a heinous act.
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »
trinis is really ah set jokers and doh care damn,here we have ah set ah wannabe terrorist,rough up de cabinet,body count ah de dead eh sure,nobody eh know much Tb and stove people tief.them walkin free,bakr still out,and de jackass gov't give them money.bakr woulda be dead if i had meh way.fight fire with more fire.
Capo, i doh know yuh fardder and this response is in no wise meant in hostility, but i have to grossly disagree with you.

i could say right now unequivocally that if i never left trinidad i would've been part of that coop! now i don't know how old you are, but back then i would've been 25 yrs old and i remember @ that point in time in T&T there was "ABSOLUTELY" no fackin opportunities for young ppl coming out high school in those days! especially the lest fortunate.

i remember just before i decided to leave T&T all the good fellas in the EDR area was applying for anything including street sweeping jobs, but there was not even a wok tuh pick up dog sh!t in the streets that's how hopeless the situation became.

we applied to the police service, fire services, estate police, amry, coast guard, just to name ah few, and even though we all past the entrance exams, very few of us (two or three us from hundreds) were considered.

i remember when i returned home in 1990 around carnival time, most of them good fellas who i grew up with was sellin balls (crack) just to get by, that's how hopeless it was. remember these were the same fellas who couldv'e been police officers, firefighters or soldiers, as ah matter of fact, i have ah friend right now who is in the coast guard that used to rob businesses (back then fellas didn't rob ppl in the streets) and now he's ah productive member of society.

i would always say and continue to say that poverty and lack of opportunity leads to crime and corruption! T&T was always a society predicated upon nepotism, if yuh farrder or uncle is ah police then you in like flynn, and the same goes for all the other government services.

the neo colonialist saw to it that the lest fortunate were fed on scraps, not even crumbs but mere dust from the crumbs. i listen to some of the experience from the colonial era from my parents and grand parents time, and i have to say, how did those ppl even survived!

most of the lest fortunate (no income poor ppl ) were maids and watchmen, or doing the odd construction job here and there, some of them would've drove ah taxi for a cab company here and there, but it was ah hard time.

there were black ppl who was doing well and were extremely educated like the ellis clarks, david cuaminas and the ulric crosses, but they were few and far between, most black and spanish ppl lived in abject poverty during the colonial era. 

back in the late eighties and nineties it was even worst, we were going through a recession or should i say semi depression that lead to a great exodus, which brings me to this, i believe shabbaz when he said that the billions (oil revenue) was never trickled down to the hood, and the yutes around my age rebelled BC of the lack of care by the system! 

call me naive, but i was there and shabbaz is around my age so he was there too, and maybe abu bakar had his own agenda and saw a grand opportunity to take advantage of a volatile situation, the fact remains that belmont, upper st.anns, EDR, morvant , laventille, the betham, sanjuan hill etc was all totally neglected areas and still is.

this criminal culture we're seeing now was in the making since colonial times that finally took root in the nineties and is now a sub culture in the society, and the lack of opportunities, care, government neglect together with the drug culture is the cause for our present crime situation.
and what abu would have done for u personally by joinin in the chaos.....feed u everyday......open ah bank acc. fuh yuh....make yuh ah top man and yuh family would have been taken care of....not one f**k woulda be different.u woulda be wuss off...and if u bounce up ah man like me...well bredda either u kill me or i kill u.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>